Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her family is asked to leave.....very very curious. Can't imagine why that would be so unless it's another family member testifying. I don't think its CMJA herself. She has no problem lying in front of her family.

But......if it is her , tossing her family out makes her look more like a victim afraid to testify in front of her abusers. Nurmi theatrics?

I can't control the tone of the written word, but please know that I'm not being snarky...Why should she be afraid of testifying in front of her family-if she doesn't get the death penalty, she's going to jail for life, and has nothing to fear from them, besides contempt (which, after killing a guy, her family should have in abundance for her-look at what she's already done to the family's reputation)

AZL...any thoughts why Nurmi would want her family out of the room??

I'm not AZL but JMO, having Jodi's family out of the courtroom puts more credence on any claims of abuse she is going to use against one of the family members. Nurmi will most likely explain that Jodi doesn't want to alienate her family because she is going to need them during her time in prison so he asked that they be sent out of the courtroom and also everyone else so that her testimony will not get out. My :twocents:

Totally off topic, but local news is reporting that Eric Frein, suspect in the shooting of two Pennsylvania state troopers, has been captured.

Now back to gnashing my teeth over the Arias 3-ring circus.

So how would JM address the testimony of this witness in his closing arguments?

I don't think it's a child. Seems like a very bold demand to come from a child. I think it's a grown up. But for the life of me I can't think of anyone that could warrent this kind of fuss.

From Nurmi's opening statement through this stunt...all of it sounds CMJA-inspired.

So how would JM address the testimony of this witness in his closing arguments?

I didn't even think about that. Jeez. Now she's going to have to close the court for at least part of closings as well, or direct the attorneys to speak in code.

Anyone want to share a fine glass of wine with me? I have a headache from today. I'm stressed to the max by the quagmire this trial has become.

I do know that the "mystery witness" is not Dr. Samuels or Alyce LaViolette. Juan already demolished them and would gladly do so again.

With equal faith in Juan's abilities, I'm sure he's bulldogging this witness every which-way from Sunday.

I don't think we know for sure Or, could they stop it?

Well, they would have to have asked JSS for a stay first, and I don't know if that happened BECAUSE OF ALL THE DAMN SECRECY.

I don't think it's a child. Seems like a very bold demand to come from a child. I think it's a grown up. But for the life of me I can't think of anyone that could warrent this kind of fuss.

Someone (parent) could have made the demand on behalf of a child.

I'm not AZL but JMO, having Jodi's family out of the courtroom puts more credence on any claims of abuse she is going to use against one of the family members. Nurmi will most likely explain that Jodi doesn't want to alienate her family because she is going to need them during her time in prison so he asked that they be sent out of the courtroom and also everyone else so that her testimony will not get out. My :twocents:

That's what I think too. Was curious about AZL's reasoning though why its not CMJA.

Remember how Juan was supposed to fly to CA to interview some defense witness? Weren't there rumors the person lied in Australia? If so, could this be the sort of situation AZL described, i.e. where the Court cannot compel them to testify?

Kinda like when Gus beating feet out of Arizona, and only testified by phone. I'm sure his attorney to him not to step on foot back there for a while.

I wonder if this witness will miraculously show up on some Michael Kiefer inspired "testify by media" stunt like he did with Daryl Brewer in the sentencing phase last time.

That's what I think too. Was curious about AZL's reasoning though why its not CMJA.

Did you see my answer a page or two back? Basically there's just no argument that could be made for closing the court for JA.

By the way, the good thing about this is it decreases appellate issues. Maybe takes a few months off a decades long appeals process..at least they can't appeal someone wouldn't testify on her behalf because of the media. Yes that was a bit of sarcasm there but true.

Well, they would have to have asked JSS for a stay first, and I don't know if that happened BECAUSE OF ALL THE DAMN SECRECY.

Someone (parent) could have made the demand on behalf of a child.
Oh yeah, of course. :doh:

Could it be:

the father testifying to abusing Jodi as a child? At this point, I'm sure he'll do anything to save his daughter's life

an old friend of Arias who claims to have seen the abuse/pedophilia?

Alyce LaViolette? Too 'scared' to testify in open court again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mojojojo