Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loooooooong time lurker here, and a follower of this case since the beginning. Still working up the courage to jump into the discussion completely, but just wanted to say hello.... :wave:

Glad you have joined us in the conversation!

I wonder if this decision by JSS will cause the opposite intended effect for DT , in that JSS is now likely going to shut down the DT at every avenue for making her look like a fool.

I bet prosecutors and judges get threats from criminals and their families all the time. From gangbangers and the sort.

Maybe the media should show the threats that Aunt Sue and minions are spewing.

Expert witnesses get paid a lot of money for their testimony, Alyce, Samuels chose to testify and chose to support Jodi's defense based on their own "expert" opinions. They were both careless in their assessments and their testimony and both were shown they were biased.. IMO an expert witness has to be very very objective, not show they are favoring a particular outcome, they lost credibility by the time Juan was done with them, as they should have. They clearly would have said anything to support Jodi and, Thanks to Juan, it was very transparent. They damaged their own reputations. I think that is what this is all about. I would not want to offer up to be an expert witness and face Juan after seeing how these two did.

I think he was referring to threats to the witness(es), like he insinuated at the last trial with Patti (think was her name?)

That was a lie then, and a lie now.And, BTW, refuted by JM in open court, on the record.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 1m 1 minute ago

Nurmi is concerned about immediate threats that could be made to witnesses due to the instant reporting and media attention. #jodiarias

"that COULD be made".

This is laughable. He is just worried about something that COULD happen. It could be said about any trial and any witness in any trial.

If the Mafia trials were public, then surely JA trial should be public.

The main threats I have heard about in this trial have been from JA and her minions.
Threatening not to testify unless she gets her way and things like that.

And if there is any real serious ones, then surely Nurmi trusts LE and the courts to prosecute anybody who threatens someone else.

If CMJA were "embarrassed," then she would have had the courtroom cleared when her privates were shown. CMJA and "embarrassed" should never be allowed in the same sentence. JMO

She's such a narcissist extrovert that that doesn't bother her, only her reputation, what we think of her lies!

Well, we were all at least hoping there was a good reason. I don't see one. Hoping we hear that the judges open the courtroom and this gets done and over with. We can all send Jodi on her way to Perryville. We all want closure.
There was no mention of the witness being a minor, so we can cross that one off the list as a good reason to close the courtroom.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 19m 19 minutes ago

Talking to the attorney who argued for the media. #jodiarias

B1iZ6VpCIAAbbgA.jpg:large

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 1m 1 minute ago
David states we don't know why this closure is happening. Judge asks can you envision why a crim trial would b closed..#jodiarias #3tvarias

No...no I cannot envision it. Are we supposed to be psychic now? That is an unreasonable statement.

Even Watergate was public and there were many death threats in that one IIRC.

Loooooooong time lurker here, and a follower of this case since the beginning. Still working up the courage to jump into the discussion completely, but just wanted to say hello.... :wave:

WELCOME! I would give you a welcome sign but my smilies don't work.

Judy Smith ‏@Sunshine3324 5m5 minutes ago
#JodiArias As a criminal defense atty, if Nurmi is that distressed by alleged threats, maybe he needs to consider different career choice.

I bet prosecutors and judges get threats from criminals and their families all the time. From gangbangers and the sort.

Add "police" to that list. They get threats (serious, credible threats against them and their families) all the time.

I haven't read all the posts, so this may have been answered, but I'll ask anyway. Can anyone tell me why KN said "we've already lost two jurors" ?

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 1m 1 minute ago

Nurmi is concerned about immediate threats that could be made to witnesses due to the instant reporting and media attention. #jodiarias

Maybe he should be taking this up with Aunt Sue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StuartGotz