Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, this is not what Juan wanted then, still will delay the trial further. Is that correct?

It will only delay the trial if JA has zero not-secret witness for her mitigation case. JSS is free to move forward with not-secret witnesses.

If the DT knew full well they were going to be calling this mystery witness to testify, why didn't they have to deal with this whole testifying in secrecy thing prior to the retrial beginning instead of now, mid-stream in trial? TIA

For drama, and to take the focus off the VIS.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 6m 6 minutes ago
So we still have to wait and see but this is good news for media getting back in!! #JodiArias ##3tvarias

From Lindstrom:

Monica Lindstrom @monicalindstrom · 27s 28 seconds ago

Crt App says JSS can impose lesser restrictions than locking us out, ie. cameras off, media in overflow room etc. #JodiArias @michaelbkiefer

Or how one responds. That's exactly it. Coming into this case so long ago, I could never reconcile why Jodi would go back...of course, why does anyone? That, we know, is a very complex answer - but never have I met an abuse victim with Jodi's particular set of circumstances to have gone back. Never have I met a victim who stalked her abuser and slashed his tires (dear fate - can you just imagine the wrath harming an abuser's possessions creates!?!) or threaten a prospective girlfriend or cyberstalk or any of the other coercive, manipulative, and controlling things she did to 'keep' Travis.

But I've known abusers aplenty to pull those kind of antics.

For a "victim", Jodi had it made. She had an abuser apparently willing to allow her to date others and relocate to another state; he wasn't even calling her hundreds of times a day, cyber-stalking her, or downloading images of her house via google earth. She was relatively independent; had the support of her family; didn't have children or a mortgage to be concerned over; wasn't controlled financially; had access to a vehicle and was employed. She had what so damn many victims only wish they did - the power and means to leave and stay gone.

JMO and FWIW

Beautifully stated

I'm confused. People are saying no more secret trial? Is this the ruling? :thinking:

I am looking forwad to the identity being released though. Hit THANKS if you think it's Ms. Arias herself.

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer · 10m 10 minutes ago
The stay of secret testimony has been granted by the Arizona Court of Appeals according to David Bodney, attorney for the media.

Well, it's only a stay of secret testimony. The rest of the trial can go on but since Nurmi implied he wanted his whole case sealed I don't know what he plans to do now.

Hopefully someone will link to the order. From one of the tweets above, it sounds like the court went beyond just ruling on the stay.

I think it's JA and I think she's trying her hardest for delays to take place. I think she is evil enough knowing that delays = Travis' family and friends continuing to be tortured without true justice and she likes this fact. I also think she knows when this phase is over, no one will focus on her anymore and she can't handle this thought. She is hanging on for dear life, soaking up the attention as much as possible.
Welcome to WS, APT! Saw your 1st post on the other thread about her visiting Travis.:wagon::welcome::welcome6::welcome4:

I think Nurmi got what he wanted. The VIS will be unfresh in the jury's mind before he puts out his mitigating factors.

Also, the trial will be delayed thus possibly causing a mistrial being too close to the holidays. Jurors might stop dropping like flies

How quickly can they get a hearing?? Could Appeals Court open the whole trial to streaming?

Jen's Trial Diaries retweeted
Monica Lindstrom @monicalindstrom · 10m 10 minutes ago
The Stay was granted! Court of Appeals agreed with the media! @michaelbkiefer

wasn't expecting this for some reason

Well, it's only a stay of secret testimony. The rest of the trial can go on but since Nurmi implied he wanted his whole case sealed I don't know what he plans to do now.

What he always does, MeeBee - motion for a mistrial.

HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! This calls for more beer.... :happydance:

Waitress-photo.jpg

I hope JSS learns from this and grows a spine. In her attempt to bend over backwards to avoid an appeal, she actually subjected herself to one.

them the brakes for being an idiot and messing with the 1st amendment.

A stay means the pause button has been hit?

So no testimony and the jury will have to cool their heels while the next legal hearing is prepared?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB