Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I remember of the radio program where Tricia interviewed Sky, Sky said that Jodi had lied to her about Travis and that is why they were so upset with him. Once he talked to them, they realized that it was Jodi that was not telling the truth. I believe that was the start of the turning point. Not sure that is exactly right but it is from what I remember. Sometimes things are never as they seem.

Surprise, surprise. Thanks for this! I missed that radio program—was it recent?

To me this is typical pop psychology. Focussing on the supposed damage and reaction but never, ever, on the free agency of the responder. Bring out the violin.

Yes, bring out the violin... :boohoo: AKA as Diddums !!! Gerard11 where are you ?

How much more "Mr. Hyde" does a person get than secretly driving across two states to secretly carry on a visit with someone, have sex with them, take photos of them while the entire time planning to murder them then doing it?

IKR? I wish JM would make that very same statement in closing! Use Nurmi's stoopid words to "drive" home that point!!!

From what I remember of the radio program where Tricia interviewed Sky, Sky said that Jodi had lied to her about Travis and that is why they were so upset with him. Once he talked to them, they realized that it was Jodi that was not telling the truth. I believe that was the start of the turning point. Not sure that is exactly right but it is from what I remember. Sometimes things are never as they seem.

Chris said the same thing on Tricia's show. He was on for 2-3 hours, IIRC, and explained that email in great detail.

IMO it is unfair to judge Chris or Sky , or their friendship with Travis , based on those few emails. Travis loved them and they loved Travis. That's all I need to know about them.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 44s45 seconds ago
"love makes people do crazy things." -- Fonnseca #JodiArias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 29s29 seconds ago
Expert says "Love can make people do crazy things." Nurmi- says "Love can make someone snap." #jodiarias #3tvarias

Aaaannnd, her we go!

I was getting so mad at the TDogg thing.. Didn't his FAMILY call him that? Another dig at his family by the murderer. And what man is NOT different around his girl when he's around his buddies? Most men do that.. They put on this hard, arrogant act on and sometimes treat their girl badly in front of their buddies so they don't seem like a.. P word for cat.

Just read the motion. I don't know why I was thinking Melendez said Travis' computer had no viruses. They found viruses on his computer on June 11, 2008, way back in the beginning. Bingo.

Also, the computer did have an anti-malware program that detected viruses. Still thinking this was the cause of the deletions.

Yep! It has to be.

I just couldn't believe anybody would boot from the original disk without any sort of write blocker. That is seriously bad news. I hope Nurmi does not manage to lay that on Mesa PD. Seems to me that it should be up to the lawyers to protect their own selves from being ineffective counsel by altering evidence.

I haven't had time to read thru this thread, but I did follow the tweets while at work and all I have to say is....wow, talk about two people putting their nose where it didn't belong. I know these were Travis' good friends, but I would be pissed if my friends were that into my business, and telling me how to conduct my relationships. It really wasn't any of the Hughes' business, and they shouldn't have put themselves in the middle.

What Travis did was with Jodi was nowhere close to being abusive.

I was getting so mad at the TDogg thing.. Didn't his FAMILY call him that? Another dig at his family by the murderer. And what man is NOT different around his girl when he's around his buddies? Most men do that.. They put on this hard, arrogant act on and sometimes treat their girl badly in front of their buddies so they don't seem like a.. P word for cat.

Yes, she means to take or dirty every last thing from Travis and his family, even that affectionate nickname.

And wasn't it Sky's home that CMJA was at when she pulled something, but I can't remember what :thinking: ... and Sky told her straight out that she wasn't welcome and to leave. Instead of leaving, CMJA went into the kitchen and stared her down. She refused to leave. Does anyone remember this ? Or someone please correct my faulty memory.

Yep! It has to be.

I just couldn't believe anybody would boot from the original disk without any sort of write blocker. That is seriously bad news. I hope Nurmi does not manage to lay that on Mesa PD. Seems to me that it should be up to the lawyers to protect their own selves from being ineffective counsel by altering evidence.

Wanting to see the physical evidence themselves is the exact kind of thing this defense would pull. The state might have even told them that's a bad idea and they should just work from their copies and the judge said give them the computer. This judge seems like she would be the kind to make that kind of decision. According to Juan it wasn't just the computer they were looking at.

How can Nurmi lay that on the PD? I mean, he can try, but it was not up to Flores to have the computer turned on and it was not up to him to say yes or no to the defense if they were demanding to see the computer.

And it would be bad news if the defense's actions altered anything important. But fortunately nothing of importance was affected. Close call, though. But it's a problem what happened and I hope they learn from this.

You sound very knowledgable about computers. Are you in the field?

Chris said the same thing on Tricia's show. He was on for 2-3 hours, IIRC, and explained that email in great detail.

IMO it is unfair to judge Chris or Sky , or their friendship with Travis , based on those few emails. Travis loved them and they loved Travis. That's all I need to know about them.
I agree...we cannot judge their relationship with Travis based on a few emails ...That is what this expert and all the other experts for convicted murderer jodie arias have done

So what if Travis just wanted to "hit it and quit it"? Men and women do it all the time. I confess as a female that I have. :shame:

No problem with that. The trick is for the dyad to be honest with each other about what the two are doing. It's not fair for one of them to behave as though there are no strings and simultaneously stalk the other.

And wasn't it Sky's home that CMJA was at when she pulled something, but I can't remember what :thinking: ... and Sky told her straight out that she wasn't welcome and to leave. Instead of leaving, CMJA went into the kitchen and stared her down. She refused to leave. Does anyone remember this ? Or someone please correct my faulty memory.

That is correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the hit it and quit it thing was a bad thing.. 90% of america would be sexual deviants

The eavesdropping. The evil scary looks. And yes, after Sky demanded she leave CMJA instead went into Sky's kitchen and stared at her. For an hour. Until Travis was forced to drag her out of there. Which ruptured his friendship with Chris and Sky for a very long time. Which was her goal. Because she is evil.

You got it. Jodi came over to Sky's house to ask her why she didn't like her and Sky told her exactly why and to leave. And instead Jodi walked into the kitchen and just stared at her and her friend while they fixed lunch for the friend's kid (I think). After about 15 minutes she left.

The gall, right? Not exactly the actions of someone with low self esteem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog