*REVISIT* Dead Body in the Trunk Statement: True or Bait?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dead body in the trunk statement. I am not aware of any Le that have said those words. I wonder where this came from?

From CA's lips, to God's ears. (Well, and to some dispatcher's ears one fateful July night too, that is.)

The only LE to speak those words have been quoting the victim's grandma. To paraphrase: "...and it smells like there's been a dead body in the d&%n car"? yes?

BBM Respectfully:

NTS what makes you say the SA has used the Sunshine Law to bait Casey into a confession? I thought the Sunshine Law is every document, etc. is made public once the document has reached the intended person? :waitasec: So I'm confused how this Sunshine Law would be baiting ICA?

One more thing about the SA not going to use the trunk evidence at trial....IMO the SA absolutely intends to use this information from Oak Ridge Laboratory. This evidence is huge evidence for the SA.....IMO.

Well the information from the Oak Ridge Lab has not been cross examined, so the way it looks right now, it looks kind of official, even though it has a disclaimer and is full of ifs and could be's , makes her look guilty, but we all know that we have to hear both sides before really deciding. So it is my opinion that they use it for now to keep the pressure on Kc, but they know come trial time Dr Vass may just defer to his disclaimer. IMO

I understand that posters may believe they are going to use the Info from the Oak Ridge Lab, but have not seen any indication of that. The sunshine law covers all, so if an investigation investigated something and it didn't pan out, they still turn that over. Does not mean they would use something like that at trial. IMO

Guildenstern: What's the first thing you remember?
Rosencrantz: [thinks] No, it's no good. It was a long time ago.
Guildenstern: No, you don't take my meaning. What's the first thing you remember after all the things you've forgotten?
Rosencrantz: Oh, I see... I've forgotten the question.

:banghead:

:angel:

Dead body in the trunk statement. I am not aware of any Le that have said those words. I wonder where this came from? Did someone from Le way back when make that statement? I have seen no evidence that the Sa is going to use the trunk at trial. It is my opinion that they were just investigating the trunk and it didn't pan out. The thread is not about evidence from the trunk, The thread is titled Dead body in the trunk statement, True or bait? I believe the Sa has used the sunshine law to bait casey into a confession and it has not worked. It is just opinion, but I do not believe the thread is pointless. IMO

SA can't use a law to bait her. The law is what it is and was in place before this case came about. The SA has NO control over whether or not reporters request and (perfectly legally) receive information/documents.That is offensive to imply dirty tricks being played by the only people in the legal system acting as a voice for a murdered child.

In my personal, non-medico-legal opinion......

'Methinks' the defense and pro-Casey crowd are a wee bit worried about that trunk evidence and the impact it 'may' have in a jury trial. I disagree that it is like the base of a house of cards that could tumble without its foundation. Rather, I see the trunk evidence (powerful both circumstantially AND forensically) like a nice layer of concrete and rebar (steel reinforcing bars)!!!:)

JMO......

Me thinks you hit the nail straight on the head. ITA. Notice nobody from that camp dares speak of the 31 day failure to report. There's no defense for that. Now we have a layer of crushed stone to add strength and ensure the concrete is supported.

From CA's lips, to God's ears. (Well, and to some dispatcher's ears one fateful July night too, that is.)

The only LE to speak those words have been quoting the victim's grandma. To paraphrase: "...and it smells like there's been a dead body in the d&%n car"? yes?

August 27, 2008: A sheriff's official said air sample tests from Casey Anthony's vehicle show the trunk once held a decomposing body. That is what this thread is about, not the statement made by Cindy.

The question is: do they have this evidence or are they trying to bait Casey into a confession.

August 27, 2008: A sheriff's official said air sample tests from Casey Anthony's vehicle show the trunk once held a decomposing body. That is what this thread is about, not the statement made by Cindy.

The question is: do they have this evidence or are they trying to bait Casey into a confession.

They have the evidence!!!!:dance::dance::dance:

ITA!! And there's more to come NO DOUBT!

So....I guess that answers the question. They are not just trying to bait Casey into a confession. They do have the evidence to back up the statement. :D

:innocent: Can we move away from the trunk now. It stinks.

Can you link that statement? I would like to see that. thanks

Okay, thankyou. I see now it is just a press story and no actual link to anyone from Le saying this. The thread seemed to be steered in the direction that this was just a leak. So no official source that a sherrif ever said that. IMO thanks

Exactly! :) Glad I could help!

i am so much wanting to believe this is a statement made by investigators to try and get casey to react-scream out NO, it can not be!!!! the statement she could be rotting in a dumpster the same!! i feel they wanted her to react --she did not . if the tests show a decomposing body -and its true , then we have no hope of finding her alive. what if they just threw that out so they can see what is to become of that bomb of a statement. most would scream out something-- omg-- she was calm. i am to point of thinking casey did not kill her but she has no idea who she left her with. maybe she was not in any condition to know much of anything. not saying drugs or liquor but something. i can not watch home videos and if on a jury say i believe she was killed by her mom on purpose. the grandpa in home is enough to bring tears as he sings to baby kaylee. what happened really?? i can not say i believe she is dead 100 percent and if so, by whom . i would not be able to be on a jury and say yes.not yet.
I almost wonder if this thread is to cause some jurors to find reasonable doubt? Cindy Anthony was on newcast after news cast when this story broke. If the prosecution made up the 911 story, she would have screamed at the top of her lungs that it was a lie. Instead, she downplayed it. What does that tell you?

SA can't use a law to bait her. The law is what it is and was in place before this case came about. The SA has NO control over whether or not reporters request and (perfectly legally) receive information/documents.That is offensive to imply dirty tricks being played by the only people in the legal system acting as a voice for a murdered child.
...and highly inflamatory IMO.

JMHO...Casey isn't the one here that's being baited.

Okay, thankyou. I see now it is just a press story and no actual link to anyone from Le saying this. The thread seemed to be steered in the direction that this was just a leak. So no official source that a sherrif ever said that. IMO thanks
Wrong...it was in a press conference...but forgive me for not looking for it. Time to move on.

OK...couldn't resist...this is the an interview with JA...couldn't help myself.

http://www.wesh.com/video/17354638/index.html

Hope that's official enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads