Revisit - Did CA/GA cover up 7-16-08

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the cover up began July 15th. Who the heck gets their car from an impound yard, smelling like death, opens it up INSIDE the garage to air out - granddaughter missing and GOES BACK TO WORK????

:doh:

I think any cover up or change in their story is part of their weird reaction to shock, grief, and loss -- not a deliberate act, combined with their existing dysfunction as a family. But I certainly don't know as much about the case as many of you.

So, I say there is no "cover up." What say you? (I don't know how to do polls)

disagree. its all about the money and when the money reared its ugly head, which was fairly early on, they went from being a devastated set of grandparents/parents whose lives had fallen apart to a pair of conspirators out to save their living but threatened daughter and that goal quickly morphed into a design to take the only advantage possible out of this dead end situation, and that is to cash in as big as possible.

I really didn't understand their flip flop till I settled on the money motivator. but given the dire reality they were facing, and their inability to truly affect the outcome one way or the other, a move to get the cash seems to me to be the only reasonable reason for the flip flop.

Cindy morphed first, but she brought G. along as the reality of their position manifested itself. "Look George" she may have said at some point,

..... "we can stick our heads in the sand and take whatever wave is coming down on us, or we can at least get some cash...cause cash is ALL we're gonna be able to get. The dauhters going down, we can't stop it, JB surely cant stop it....the only good that can come out of this is we get some big time $$$$ and the only way we do that is to defend her highness long enough to soak the big money guys out of some cash......"

"it is what it is....we either make the best of it, or we're history."

NOTHING ELSE MAKES ANY SENSE TO ME. I am convinced they were shocked and devastated at first, rather quickly came to realize what had happened, and decided then and there to get what they can out of the disater, and that COULD ONLY BE CASH.

Her highness is going down, they know it, and all they can do about it is make some moola, and the only way they do that is to stonewall and pretend her highness is innocent.

there is no reason to believe, imo, that they are unaware that her highness killed Caylee. they knew too much.

really, its not a highly evolved moral position but its a very practical one.

She was supposedly a nurse of "decomposition"...sorry, she mispoke early on, but did admit to knowing what a dead body smelled like. (IIRC she said it smelled a lot like pizza...j/k)

i dont think she misspoke. i saw the "nurse of decomposition" line and it was a deliberate set of words being used to try and create doubt as to her highnesses guilt. (imo)

even if that doubt is only in the mind of one lone, sappy juror. (see Spector foreman.)

I think any cover up or change in their story is part of their weird reaction to shock, grief, and loss -- not a deliberate act, combined with their existing dysfunction as a family. But I certainly don't know as much about the case as many of you.

So, I say there is no "cover up." What say you? (I don't know how to do polls)

I agree with you zingo. No cover up. What have I seen? I see a Mother that perceived (in the month of July) that her child was being crucified by the media. That doesn't mean that KC is innocent, I'm just saying that (as I saw it) that she was in protective mode for her daughter. I sat down and thought to myself, what would I do if it were my child accused of murdering my only grandchild? I wouldn't believe it was possible, LE would have to show me proof beyond what they had in July. Why? Because, I myself, am not capable of murdering my own child. Therefore, I would deny in my mind I would cling to the belief that my grandchild was really missing. GA went along with his wife to show a united front. Dysfunctional...yes. Very much so.

As far as the car smelling of death. I sat down and thought about it for a while. Tried to put myself in their shoes (I couldn't, I haven't experienced anything like this or close to it in my life) but my mind wouldn't go immediately to a dead body, and if it did, I would not be able to allow myself to believe that it was a body. I can see myself justifying the smell as something else especially if I saw a garbage bag. I just wouldn't be able to go there.

I think that the A parents are very well aware of what happened to Caylee now. I do not ever expect them to publicly acknowledge KC's guilt.

In the end it doesn't matter if they publicly aknowledge her guilt. It doesn't matter what they think or say. If they choose to believe to the their last breath that she didn't do this, they are entitled to do so because it won't effect the outcome of her trial.

Today my thoughts are with KC's father. Suicidal ideation is not something that should be taken lightly. I am praying that peace of mind comes to him because his life is irrevocably changed and he will carry this pain for the rest of his life. There is no closure when you lose a beloved family member through murder especially at the hands of someone you raised.

Just my two cents.

I think a cover up started when Casey was out on bail. I believe she told LA everything and he broke it to GA and CA, from that point on they decided to stand by Casey so they wouldnt lose her too.

I think a cover up started when Casey was out on bail. I believe she told LA everything and he broke it to GA and CA, from that point on they decided to stand by Casey so they wouldnt lose her too.

sounds good...
added side note : i think she told LA it was an accident, now with all this news about the heart sticker...i think they're shocked...i don't think she told LA the truth of how caylee died (meaning she didnt tell him she murdered her intentionally)

I agree with you zingo. No cover up. What have I seen? I see a Mother that perceived (in the month of July) that her child was being crucified by the media. That doesn't mean that KC is innocent, I'm just saying that (as I saw it) that she was in protective mode for her daughter. I sat down and thought to myself, what would I do if it were my child accused of murdering my only grandchild? I wouldn't believe it was possible, LE would have to show me proof beyond what they had in July. Why? Because, I myself, am not capable of murdering my own child. Therefore, I would deny in my mind I would cling to the belief that my grandchild was really missing. GA went along with his wife to show a united front. Dysfunctional...yes. Very much so.

As far as the car smelling of death. I sat down and thought about it for a while. Tried to put myself in their shoes (I couldn't, I haven't experienced anything like this or close to it in my life) but my mind wouldn't go immediately to a dead body, and if it did, I would not be able to allow myself to believe that it was a body. I can see myself justifying the smell as something else especially if I saw a garbage bag. I just wouldn't be able to go there.

I think that the A parents are very well aware of what happened to Caylee now. I do not ever expect them to publicly acknowledge KC's guilt.

In the end it doesn't matter if they publicly aknowledge her guilt. It doesn't matter what they think or say. If they choose to believe to the their last breath that she didn't do this, they are entitled to do so because it won't effect the outcome of her trial.

Today my thoughts are with KC's father. Suicidal ideation is not something that should be taken lightly. I am praying that peace of mind comes to him because his life is irrevocably changed and he will carry this pain for the rest of his life. There is no closure when you lose a beloved family member through murder especially at the hands of someone you raised.

Just my two cents.
You've stated pretty much the same as I feel about this, but in a far better way.

Just my two cents.

Well said, Kat.

disagree. its all about the money and when the money reared its ugly head, which was fairly early on, they went from being a devastated set of grandparents/parents whose lives had fallen apart to a pair of conspirators out to save their living but threatened daughter and that goal quickly morphed into a design to take the only advantage possible out of this dead end situation, and that is to cash in as big as possible.

I really didn't understand their flip flop till I settled on the money motivator. but given the dire reality they were facing, and their inability to truly affect the outcome one way or the other, a move to get the cash seems to me to be the only reasonable reason for the flip flop.

Cindy morphed first, but she brought G. along as the reality of their position manifested itself. "Look George" she may have said at some point,

..... "we can stick our heads in the sand and take whatever wave is coming down on us, or we can at least get some cash...cause cash is ALL we're gonna be able to get. The dauhters going down, we can't stop it, JB surely cant stop it....the only good that can come out of this is we get some big time $$$$ and the only way we do that is to defend her highness long enough to soak the big money guys out of some cash......"

NOTHING ELSE MAKES ANY SENSE TO ME. I am convinced they were shocked and devastated at first, rather quickly came to realize what had happened, and decided then and there to get what they can out of the disater, and that COULD ONLY BE CASH.

Her highness is going down, they know it, and all they can do about it is make some moola, and the only way they do that is to stonewall and pretend her highness is innocent.

there is no reason to believe, imo, that they are unaware that her highness killed Caylee. they knew too much.

really, its not a highly evolved moral position but its a very practical one.

Interesting theory. I was just talking with my friends last night about this, after I heard here that they recently paid off their house (do we know if this is true or not?) Anyways, my thought was that if they really wanted to make some cash, why not go out there with the truth? To be honest, they haven't really divulged any juicy details. Only more and more of the same "Casey is innocent" crap. Nobody wants to hear that, yet that managed to make them enough money to possibly pay off their house? How much money would they make if they actually told the stories that incriminated Casey? The truth, or at least their real gut feelings, and not the gut feelings that Casey's lawyers hope for. I bet they'd be looking at millions for that.

Looking at the way that family works, I seriously don't see Casey sitting down with G&C and telling them the truth ever. To be honest, I don't really see Casey ever telling the truth, no matter what. So, if the Anthony's did any covering up, I think it was based on pure speculation, but really I think all their actions that could be perceived as "covering-up" were motivated by not wanting to believe that their daughter could have killed her own daughter. That she was that horrible of a person. I think GA has finally come to accept that she truly is that horrible, and look where that got him, bless his heart. I will say that I do think that they may have done some omitting of the truth, though, in an attempt to cover-up something else. Whether it be just their own dysfunctional family dynamics, or something worse, like that Lee is Caylee's father, I don't know. But, whatever it was, I believe it was motivated by Cindy's need to have the perfect family.

I think LA starting the cover up after is visit with his sister. I still beleive he knows the truth. Also GA know the truth from the beginning. Ca has GA under her thumb. Ca starting covering up with the hairbrush. JMO

In the GA Missing/Found thread on page 10 or 11 a poster described denial because they experienced it themselves on time in the wake of a shocking situation.

It's a good read for anyone trying to figure out a coverup- described as an altered state of reality and one day things just click and you realize you've been lying to yourself and everyone around you.

The cover-up began the afternon of July 15, when they picked up the car from the tow yard .. :/

Looking at the way that family works, I seriously don't see Casey sitting down with G&C and telling them the truth ever. To be honest, I don't really see Casey ever telling the truth, no matter what. So, if the Anthony's did any covering up, I think it was based on pure speculation, but really I think all their actions that could be perceived as "covering-up" were motivated by not wanting to believe that their daughter could have killed her own daughter. That she was that horrible of a person. I think GA has finally come to accept that she truly is that horrible, and look where that got him, bless his heart. I will say that I do think that they may have done some omitting of the truth, though, in an attempt to cover-up something else. Whether it be just their own dysfunctional family dynamics, or something worse, like that Lee is Caylee's father, I don't know. But, whatever it was, I believe it was motivated by Cindy's need to have the perfect family.

Respectfully snipped and bolded by me.
When did the cover-up begin? The general "cover-up" for their daughter's numerous lies, thefts, etc., or the "cover-up" for their daughter, the murderer of their granddaughter? If it's the first, from day one. From before Casey admitted her pregnancy with Caylee. They've been protecting her, and cleaning up her mistakes for years. It seems as though they enabled Casey forever, and the cycle continued, and spiralled eventually into the ultimate, unimaginable crime.

The "cover-up" for the murder of their beautiful grandbaby? Immediately upon finding the car at the tow lot. I agree completely with the PP that their actions were based solely upon their own speculation -- not based upon any actual knowledge or confession from Casey. IMO, Casey is far too self-centered to EVER tell the truth to anyone. In doing so, she'd have to admit the monster that she is. And that's not gonna happen.

"I really didn't understand their flip flop till I settled on the money motivator. but given the dire reality they were facing, and their inability to truly affect the outcome one way or the other, a move to get the cash seems to me to be the only reasonable reason for the flip flop.

IMO: Yes, this is the theory that actually makes the most sense based on all we have seen and learned of the entire situation. Cindy obviously runs the marriage, Cindy makes the decisions and if George doesn't comply there's hell to pay.

George may be alive at this point, but he is obviously not "okay". A person is deeply depressed to be considering suicide. I think the above has led George to where he is right now. I hope he gets enough professional support to extract himself from the lies, half-truths, etc. that have been being dished out.

Casey most likely will never come forward with the truth. But her mother, father and brother need to begin to deal with the situation truthfully at this time.

sounds good...
added side note : i think she told LA it was an accident, now with all this news about the heart sticker...i think they're shocked...i don't think she told LA the truth of how caylee died (meaning she didnt tell him she murdered her intentionally)

i think while on bail she confirmed it.....but think coverup was in force perhaps the day they arrested kc and they realized hmmmmmmm maybe,,,,,

IMO, the "covering for Casey" started way back, perhaps before high school, followed by the "immaculate conception" of Caylee; the employment lies; the thefts; and who knows what else.

The covering up for KC in relation to Caylee's death, I think, started when they brought the stinky car home from the tow yard. At that time, I believe they were running on suspicion only, but strong enough for one or both A's to clean up the mess, and for CA to remove and wash items. Seriously, why would she do that right then? She still had not located KC and it was clearly uppermost in her mind to find her and Caylee without delay. Why the text message "we have a problem"? What particular problem did CA see at that moment?

Somewhere along the line of enquiry, they recognised that KC had killed Caylee, and they continued with the cover up of all that they could. Maybe not realising how serious their early actions and comments were, due to trauma, money soon started to rear its ugly head. CA, I believe, became seduced by her own importance in the media and the realisation that there was a wealth of funding available to her. I truly believe greed swayed her judgment as soon as Kid Finders became involved. I don't see where denial was ever in the picture.

GA and LA, for their own reasons, have gone along for the ride. Poor George has now given in to total mental and physical exhaustion. I wish him all the best in his recovery. He still has a long haul ahead of him.

Depends on when the family decided to cover up for Casey's thefts, lies, behavior when she was younger. But certainly the cover up started way back then.

All good thoughts, here. Everything I read from you guys influences how I understand the case. I still don't totally believe in the cover-up theory, but here's what I think:

1. Money does influence decisions, and it can corrupt. That's a valid consideration in the A's behavior. I can buy the notion that they slowly came to the conclusion that they should just try to take advantage the best they could of the horrible situation. It was a silver lining to their misery. But it wasn't a primary motivator, IMO.

2. I reject the idea that they knew the truth from July 15th (or June 15th). The 911 tapes and the jailhouse videos just don't suggest that to me. GA & CA were trying to get the truth from KC and she erupted. I don't think they were lying or faking it on the videos. CA was an emotional wreck, and KC was still holding all the cards.

3. Their behavior suggests that a) they couldn't be objective on July 15th. Objective people would have called LE to the impound yard. Objective people would have probably called LE weeks before CA did. But they acted in a consistent manner with parents who couldn't bring themselves to believe their granddaughter was dead and their daughter was a murderer.

I go back to the idea of how parents can be "duped." When my brother was on drugs in high school, he lied so convincingly and so often, my parents looked like complete IDIOTS for believing everything he said. He was selling drugs, and sneaking out at night to parties. He was stealing from my parents. We were a dysfunctional family completely. My parents felt massive guilt for their mistakes in raising us, and they didn't want to believe it was as bad as it was. It took placing my brother in rehab for for 90 days before anybody started to see the TRUTH. We realized that we were co-dependents to the "addict." It took a long time to see all the dysfunction ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Best Online Jewellery Mar