*REVISIT* Does Anyone Feel Sad for Casey? Or Family Members?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel sorry for a lot of things here. I feel sorry that a teenager became pregnant when she was not able to be a mother, I feel terrible that Caylee wasn't put up for adoption when she was born, that would have been a good choice imo! I do feel sorry for anyone who would have a mother like Cindy, however there are many who have one just like her or even worse and in no way become what Casey has become. For Casey to have done what she's charged with doing, there has to be something so dark, so sinister and evil that the average person just can not imagine. I feel bad that a person like this exists period! If she is found guilty then society must be protected, it's more important to me to protect other innocent babies than to allow her freedom to do this again.
Casey is responsible for what she has done, she wanted her daughter gone and now will have to suffer the consequences of what she's done. If she hadn't been caught she would be out there living it up, doing her best to latch onto some guy so she could enjoy the lifestyle she wanted and possibly getting pregnant again.

VB

Re: Casey being like "Rhoda" from The Bad Seed:

I know! For anyone who has not seen this movie I highly recommend it. Try the black and white version with Patty McCormack.

I agree! The original is the one to see, which is usually the case with most films.

Maybe it's just my mood this morning, but this comparison is truly funny. Glad you agree.

Because I have BPD, I can certainly feel empathy for her on that side BUT: the difference is, I would NEVER EVER harm my child!!! If anything, I would have allowed my mom to raise him to give me the relief of motherhood ... and I was VERY protective of my sons, even though I did lose my temper with them sometimes, and did feel overwhelmed and wished I could have my freedom.

I'm now on meds, so it's all different ... but I do remember what it was like before.

But I also think KC is more than Borderline ... because with BPD, you are more likely to walk away from your children, your responsibility and feel that you're a nothing, than feel like you're priviledged and special.

So yeah, as for the BPD part of it, it's a very sad lonely existance, with the feeling you are NOTHING ... but she has MUCH more than that!

Re: Casey being like "Rhoda" from The Bad Seed:

I know! For anyone who has not seen this movie I highly recommend it. Try the black and white version with Patty McCormack.

Anyone who sees that movie will immediatley understand sociopathy.

The book ends differently, BTW. In the book, the mother dies, and Rhoda survives. The last line is the doctor to the father, "At least, you still have Rhoda." :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Because I have BPD, I can certainly feel empathy for her on that side BUT: the difference is, I would NEVER EVER harm my child!!! If anything, I would have allowed my mom to raise him to give me the relief of motherhood ... and I was VERY protective of my sons, even though I did lose my temper with them sometimes, and did feel overwhelmed and wished I could have my freedom.

I'm now on meds, so it's all different ... but I do remember what it was like before.

But I also think KC is more than Borderline ... because with BPD, you are more likely to walk away from your children, your responsibility and feel that you're a nothing, than feel like you're priviledged and special.

So yeah, as for the BPD part of it, it's a very sad lonely existance, with the feeling you are NOTHING ... but she has MUCH more than that!

I think she has three: BPD, NPD, and APD (sociopathy). I suspect that her Mom has BPD.

Just MOO.

I've thought about this thread often. I decided to go back and dig it out and let it float again and see if anybody has any thoughts.

I am not asking for remarks of hatred or bashing!

I'm just wondering, now that we've heard the jail visits and seen the videos, does anyone have the feeling that KC deserves sympathy? Of course, I most of all feel outrage at the loss of precious Caylee. But we've seen how jealous KC was just of knowing that "everyone" was at her house and she couldn't be there, both the night she was arrested and on Caylee's birthday. I imagine she must be chewed up with envy that she is missing out on parties and life in general. I don't for one minute think she is grieving for her child, but for her own life lost. It is, indeed, a waste - a huge waste, and I imagine she thinks often of the friends and partying she's missing out on.

Rarely. But I have to admit there have been moments. I pray that she come clean. Miracles do happen. But I am not holding my breath.

Do I ever feel sorry for Casey? A resounding NO! And never will.

I feel bad for all those around her who have been lied to, stolen from, and had their private lives taken away. I feel bad that Caylee was dumped by the side of the road, along with all the rest of the trash in KC's car.

No, I don't think KC "deserves" sympathy because that would imply she's merited my sympathy and is somehow worthy of it. I haven't seen any evidence of anything that would make her worthy of it.

Perhaps she will tell the truth some day and explain what was going through her head. As long as she continues to put her family, her friends, her neighbors through this, no, no sympathy from me.

I do not have any sympathy for KC.

IMO, we as a people have become more and more sympathetic to the criminals in our midst. We find excuses for their behavior, blame their mothers, their upbringing, their neighborhood, our society. When it really comes down to it at the end of the day, however, I feel that everyone is responsible for his or her actions. There are consequences of living our daily lives.

There comes a point when a person just needs to step up, admit what they did and take the full responsibility and the consequences that go along with it.

I don't feel bad for casey as she is now...but I do feel a bit of sadness for the person she could have been. I feel sad for the memory of a younger casey, as a child herself. But it is sadness mixed with acceptance. The child casey, the one that had dreams and hopes and innocence, has been dead for a long time.

When I talked to my mate, whose mother has bordeline personality disorder, about the case and CA and got the response, "I feel sorry for her. You don't know what it's like to be raised by a mother like Cindy", I did feel a moment of sadness for casey. Sadness for the impossible position children with such mothers are put in. They are raised with a parent whose psychologically damaging head games veer between subtle guilt trips, violent criticism, complete control of every aspect of their lives and placement on an impossibly high pedestal. Kids from such homes walk a tightrope, never being able to please the parent, living in fear of twisted reprisals and being taught they are not strong enough or smart enough or good enough to make decisions on their own or live apart from the control of the BPD parent, but at the same time, never being held accountable for anything they do that is frowned upon by the outside world, because only "mommy" can criticize her little darling. The emotional abuse is intense. These kids grow up to doubt their own sanity because the BPD parent can be so good at making them doubt their own powers of observation. It's horrible.
However, any twinges of pity I may have felt for the life casey led under her mother's thumb, that helped turn her into who she became, have been squashed by her squashing of the light and life of her innocent daughter. There simply is no excuse. I can see how it all led to this but the things leading up to the murder of Caylee, the feelings of being trapped with no way out, or the feelings of rage and a desire to betray the mother that likely hurt her, do not excuse the ultimate act.
Last night, I ate dinner at my mother's home. She made some great green beans. I commented, "I like green beans!" and then I got a lump in my throat thinking about little Caylee who will never eat them again. I have experienced death. There is nothing worse than losing a loved one and casey did that on purpose! The very thing that most parents strive so hard to prevent with safety measures, medical check-ups, constant vigilance, casey caused. Instead of worrying about the safety and life of her baby, she ended it.
That is abominable to me. It is against nature. It is why any pity for casey dissolves into revulsion and anger. And, it's why I refuse to give her the courtesy of capitalizing her name.

I can see how Casey might feel sad for Casey in her own selfish way ... I can see how a lost youth and opportunities would make Casey feel sad ... that is how I can see that Casey justified the end to the means ... she feels sorry! ... for herself!

Great thread, a lot of interesting comments. I feel no compassions whatsoever for KC, but I do feel sorry for her. Sorry for her, that she will never be able to comprehend what it is that she has lost, sorry for her, that she never felt any emotional connection to her daughter. Sorry for her, that she will never know what it is to love someone more than you love yourself, nor ever experience the most pure, fulfilling, selfless kind of love that is a parents greatest gift from God.

I don't feel bad for casey as she is now...but I do feel a bit of sadness for the person she could have been. I feel sad for the memory of a younger casey, as a child herself. But it is sadness mixed with acceptance. The child casey, the one that had dreams and hopes and innocence, has been dead for a long time.

Don't laugh but I am from L.A. and I think she would have made a heck of an actress, truly. She photographs well, and she likes to pretend.

When I talked to my mate, whose mother has bordeline personality disorder, about the case and CA and got the response, "I feel sorry for her. You don't know what it's like to be raised by a mother like Cindy", I did feel a moment of sadness for casey. Sadness for the impossible position children with such mothers are put in. They are raised with a parent whose psychologically damaging head games veer between subtle guilt trips, violent criticism, complete control of every aspect of their lives and placement on an impossibly high pedestal. Kids from such homes walk a tightrope, never being able to please the parent, living in fear of twisted reprisals and being taught they are not strong enough or smart enough or good enough to make decisions on their own or live apart from the control of the BPD parent, but at the same time, never being held accountable for anything they do that is frowned upon by the outside world, because only "mommy" can criticize her little darling. The emotional abuse is intense. These kids grow up to doubt their own sanity because the BPD parent can be so good at making them doubt their own powers of observation. It's horrible.
However, any twinges of pity I may have felt for the life casey led under her mother's thumb, that helped turn her into who she became, have been squashed by her squashing of the light and life of her innocent daughter. There simply is no excuse. I can see how it all led to this but the things leading up to the murder of Caylee, the feelings of being trapped with no way out, or the feelings of rage and a desire to betray the mother that likely hurt her, do not excuse the ultimate act.
Last night, I ate dinner at my mother's home. She made some great green beans. I commented, "I like green beans!" and then I got a lump in my throat thinking about little Caylee who will never eat them again. I have experienced death. There is nothing worse than losing a loved one and casey did that on purpose! The very thing that most parents strive so hard to prevent with safety measures, medical check-ups, constant vigilance, casey caused. Instead of worrying about the safety and life of her baby, she ended it.
That is abominable to me. It is against nature. It is why any pity for casey dissolves into revulsion and anger. And, it's why I refuse to give her the courtesy of capitalizing her name.

Bold is mine

Great post Gitana1, especially the bolded part!

I aways recall KC's statement to LE, "If I just wanted to get rid of her I would have left her with my mom" The choice of words are eerie! I have always thought, that deep down, KC knew the damage her mother did to her & would never have left Caylee with her permanently. I sometimes have thought, No, I can't say it.

Yes, I have felt sorry for KC at times, but only for having to live with someone like Sindy, whom I think broke her spirit & damaged her beyond description.

NO, I do NOT feel sad for Casey. Ever. It's too bad that she had Cindy for a mother, but there are plently of young men and women with controlling, manipulative mothers and they don't murder their children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vetiversailles