*REVISIT* Does Anyone Feel Sad for Casey? Or Family Members?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I have to admit, I also feel a little sad about Casey. I guess it's not so much sympathy FOR her, as it is a feeling of sadness about the loss of human potential. I agree with some posters here that some people are simply born "bad", but Casey's fate saddens me just as so many other young killers I hear about on the news (and believe me--I live in Oakland, CA so I hear about them ALL the time). When we're young, even "normal" people are so much more impulsive and egocentric. Given a few more years, most of us mature and gain patience and a more compassionate and selfless attitude toward others. Parenthood is a challenge for anyone, but even more so for a young adult--especially one who is underdeveloped emotionally--or worse yet--one who is mentally disturbed. What Casey did is entirely WRONG, BAD, EVIL, but yes, in a general way, I still feel a bit sad that her actions essentially took her life as well.

Thanks, Mouser--you said how I feel better than I ever could.

This is such a tragedy. But it's also a stepping off place, at least for me. I'm trying to understand more about human behavior and our purpose in life because of this.

David, I don't think you're weird. We're trying to understand a sociopath. I don't know if we can.

No you don't. You shouldn't apologize or feel guilty for feeling compassion for someone. Most people guilty of murder, especially a child, or even abuse of a child make me sick and I have no compassion for them whatsoever. I go back and forth with Casey and Cindy. They both seem to have some mental issues and that's where I think the compassion comes in. Yes, they could have gotten help but first they have to realize that something is wrong or have someone that loves them help them to see that their behavior is not normal.

Those of us that do feel a little compassion for Casey I think are seeing what could have been. A lot of young women have children out of wedlock and do just fine. When I look at the pictures and videos of Casey and Caylee they appear to really love each other. I don't know what went wrong. Now there is a precious little girl that will never grow up and be who she was intended to be (who knows maybe another Casey...she was growing up in the same environment and had the same genes) and then there's Casey. She's a pretty, intelligent young woman. If she had gotten her GED or finished school I have no doubt she could have been an event planner. Something went wrong somewhere. Whether it's nature or nuture or both I have no idea.

Don't get me wrong. She has to be punished for what she's done and I want to see that as much as anyone. It's just sad all the way around.

It is sad to see a young life thrown away.

But, Casey did it by choice.

The same skills Casey used to research chloroform and how children go missing could have been used to get a job.

i only joined this site because of the casey anthony case and my obsession with it. i have read every document dump, watched every video, read AND heard the transcripts from all involved, and I KNOW that kc is guilty of killing her child.

i, like 99% of you, have been condemning her. she's wrong.

but right now, even after the gj hearing, the picture of her in the unbuttoned blue shirt and white glasses, the flippancy at the press conference and the crocodile tear, i actually feel bad for her.

even though she killed her child, even though she stole, lied, and cheated friends and family... even though she failed her parents and dropped out of school and lied to her grandmother, and even though she was promiscuous and had a child without a husband... is she undeserving of our compassion? because of all these actions we can safely say that at some point she was a victim too. of something BAD.

you might all think that she is evil. but right now, i don't. i feel that she is incredibly lost and scared and ripped off... don't know by who, but someone affected her... right now i honestly feel very sad for her.

this does not mean in any way that i understand or support her actions. i just think that if anyone could get to the point that she did in her behavior, then that in itself, is very tragic. she is not okay with it... no way.

okay... it's late, i'll read this when i wake up, i had a long day. but i really feel this way right now. i'm probably just being insane.

peace in the middle east,
david.

Hi David. Everyone is entitled to their feelings about Casey Anthony.

She is undeserving of any sympathy whatsoever. Where is the sympathy for Caylee? What has she gone through?

Casey is a narcisis, who's tears were for herself. She got caught! She actually thinks she is above the law and had all her bases covered. If they don't find Caylee, she couldn't be tried for murder. Wrong....there is overwhelming evidence or she would not have been indicted. The saddest part of all of this is Caylee...What did she do. Even Cindy asked her that same question before turning the tables and spew that LE are not looking for Caylee. Cindy is delusional, Cindy has enabled her behavior and is still being an enabler. Time to take responsibility for her actions...

No sympathy for Casey from me...

I will not bash your opinions..you are entitled to them..obviously this case brings out all kinds of emotions.

IMO though, KC was just born rotten..even CA is IMO not the cause of her becoming an evil person.
Millions of people live with controlling, demanding, parents..the majority of young adults get jobs, save money, move out, move on..see the family for holidays and B-days only and get on with their own lives.
KC chose to lie to her family, cheat her own family, steal from her own family, and kill her own flesh and blood. Not to mention from her Friends.

IMO she is just rotten, period..nothing detrimental has happened to her in life other than being raised by a controlling overbearing Mom..I am sure if we out up a poll here on this site more than half of those here would say their own Moms were controlling at one time or another..

Caylee is the true victim. My compassion lays with this sweet innocent child who never had a chance and was not given a choice as to whether or not she wanted to grow up. I hate that KC made the choices she did but now she needs to take responsibility for her actions/inactions. I can't muster up any feelings of compassion for this woman who so blatantly and carelessly "loss" her precious child. And being a mother I so totally cannot understand or wrap my head around the fact that she did not look for her child or report her missing for 31 days and has YET to shed any tears for this sweet baby. I would die a thousand deaths and more if something happened to my children (now grown) or any of my 9 grandchildren.
IMHO it is about choice. She chose this path for whatever reason...

You are entitled to your opinion and have the right to express it but I do not agree with it. I have no sympathy, compassion or the ability to feel sorry for anyone who murdered their child, a precious, innocent baby girl that wanted only to be loved and protected. I have nothing but hate, anger, rage and disgust at anyone who could cold bloodedly kill a child and nothing will change my mind on that.

You are obviously a caring person who gives people the benefit of the doubt. However, I hope you also understand that Casey would destroy your life if there was something in it for her. She wouldn't feel one second of remorse for doing so.

People like Casey count on compassionate people. It's their bread and butter and sometimes their salvation. Don't become another victim of Casey. Be an advocate for Caylee.

i hate her guts

68416039.B0ZkE6aN.lmao.gif
You don't mince words do you?

The loss of potential is great in this case: The loss of Casey's potential to be one of millions of young women who overcome some great difficulties to show her daughter that her life doesn't have to be lived dictated by the "sins of the parents" to be visited upon her. The potential of Casey to direct her life to a less bacchanalian one; instead embracing the gift her little daughter offered her...that of Caylee being able to show Casey the world through HER eyes. "We bring them into the world. The least we can do is let them show it to us." The potential of Caylee's life, the joy she obviously had in the 2 years of pictures we're given. The potential that she could have been the one who broke the cycle. The potential of Cindy to build up her daughter in her parenting, realizing where she'd gone wrong and endeavoring to self-correct for the sake of her granddaughter. The potential of George to stand strong and say "enough is enough."

Potential lost. A family destroyed. A child killed.

Casey's adult choices were to make sure she lied, stole, cheated, deceived, used, and manipulated everyone in her life in order to attain what she wanted. Living a life of Casey Entitlement to whatever she wanted, anyone was fair game. However the death of Caylee happened, the overwhelming fact remains that it happened while she was in her mother's "care." Her mother, whose search for the next party outfit was much more important than a little problem like having a child dead in her car. Her mother, whose own words say she's been missing for 31 days, is shown to be having a great time, stealing from her friends and buying nighties and bras, shown to be stealing the funds for these items from her friend....

The day for compassion for Casey Anthony has long ticked past. Casey is where she is because of what Casey has done TO Caylee, and SINCE Caylee has been gone. Standing behind a lawyer's smokescreen of "when you hear the whole story you will understand" doesn't cut it any longer. She had 123 days to clear up the mystery. 123 days of a child alone somewhere. 123 days of lying. 123 days of twisting the sword in deeper to protect herself.

Those who say that Caylee was failed by every adult she ever knew is right, save one. I will always hold dear the fact that for some brief time before she died, her great grandpa got to love her and sing "You are my sunshine."

Casey will just have to deal with the fact that as compassionate a person as I can be at times, I am simply stuck with the image of that video in my mind and cannot think of her right now.

You are not insane. You have compassion. But sometimes, actually much of the time, we must for our own good and the good of society, tamp down our heart and rev up our cool, logical thinking.

When you feel bad for Casey, stop and think about a child at the moment of death. Did she look into her mother's eyes with trust or fear? Did she feel pain? Did she go peacefully to sleep trusting her murderer's hands? Think about a small body, curled in a car trunk, decaying and smelling as it is driven around the hotspots of town, then eventually discarded somewhere. Discarded as annoying refuse, not laid to rest as a loved child.

There is judgement in Heaven, so we are told. But we are also told we must pay within the society we live in on Earth. Casey does not have to be browbeaten by trial. She can stop it all with a confession. But that will never happen, she's a h*ll of gambler.

What a wonderful and thought-provoking post. :clap:

As so many feel compassion for Casey, let them never forget how very little love and compassion she showed her precious daughter.

Casey can end the circus any time she chooses to. Perhaps then she'll be worthy of compassion, but not before.

Thank You David, for sharing your compassion here and yes, I have been an advocate for compassion as it is one of our gifts which seperates us from animals.

I would ask you to give your compassion to the law enforcement men and women who deal everyday with criminals that commit unspeakable crimes in our society.
They need our support, our compassion and our prayers to fight against those who would harm and kill us.

Our jails are overflowing with people who have no soul. They kill their children, they kill other people's children, they rape and murder and they would kill you in a second if you got in their way.

Bad people don't always look bad.

Give your compassion to the victims.

IMO. peace

I love this post and agree with it. It would be easier to hate Casey more if she was crack head-prostitute-serial killer-child molester-trench coat wearing scary person. She's not. She looks normal. She appears to have had normal friends. Her family appeared normal on the outside. Bad people walk and talk just like us. They don't feel like us though. We have compassion, humanity and humility. She is empty.

When I imagine Casey as an ugly, snaggle-toothed hag on crack, any glimpse of compassion deteriorates.

The compassion in us is what Jose and team are going to prey upon. They will feed on it. That might be what keeps her out of the chair, but it will not stop her outcome on final judgment day when she meets her maker. This will be her true fate.

In the meantime, I think LE and the families and victims of these criminals are more deserving of our compassion and support.

i hate her guts

C'mon Robotdog, tell us how you really feel, LOL. Thanks, you made me laugh in the middle of all the craziness- sometimes it's best to just get it out there, ya know :)

People like Casey count on compassionate people. It's their bread and butter and sometimes their salvation. Don't become another victim of Casey. Be an advocate for Caylee.

Just look at the campaign orchestrated yesterday for the big, national audience on the expected day of her arrest. No knotted t-shirt and short little shorts, no gum-chomping, no hip-swinging, no overdone eye makeup, no nasty smirk or high-fiving, no stolen celebrity style white sunglasses. Nothing that has been her trademark FU to everyone since she got out of jail. She was overnight transformed into a conservative legal assistant, with a well-placed tear for herself here and there. It's harder for me to feel compassion for people who try to con it out of me for their own purposes, or who hope it might cloud my judgement.

NO way do I feel sorry for that monster.

I would have loved to get MY hands around her throat yesterday during that sickening display of so called emotion when she was standing beside JB. It was so obvious she was acting that it was actually funny.

I cried more than that last week when my HAMSTER died, because I loved him.

And they should disbarr JB for allowing her to do it, and for the forlorn, pitiful expression on his face.

He's never shown that much emotion when talking about little Caylee.

I've tried to find compassion deep in my heart for Casey...I can't find any. She has done everything in her power to attempt to thwart the LE investigation. She has lied to everyone / she has stolen & she has cheated on virtually all of her so called friends. Caylee deserved so much more. Since

She had choices the same as all of us have. She decided to NOT help LE / she decided what she told LE/ she figured she could walk away & never be bothered again. The couple of tears she shed yesterday did nothing for me!!! I thought beetch you should be sobbing a river of tears. Not just 2....

As I've been watching all the coverage since yesterday, I feel like I could have written the OP myself. Yes, she's guilty and yes, she should pay, but what happens to make a person become a Casey Anthony? Is there really nothing inside the shell worth saving? I can't believe that.

I've often thought it was the enabling that goes on when a person isn't held accountable for the more trivial things as they grow up. Time and time again, we see cases like this where there just wasn't any accountability. I don't think parents do this intentionally, but by the time it's realized what a mistake it's been, it's too late. Sometimes I think we do this because we want our kids to have everything. We want their lives to be superior to our own. In the process, I think these kids aren't learning a lot of valuable lessons that they need to learn. Kids aren't getting bruises on their knees anymore because we're too fearful to leave them outside alone. They're so wrapped up in the latest technologies, that romping around is almost a thing of the past. There is simply no use for the imagination anymore. It's all there in all its visual glory today. There is no need to pick up a book anymore to let your imagination run wild. Parents are forced to work as much as possible just to get by and TVs, video games and computers seem to be the babysitter once a child reaches a certain age.

I've even read reports where professors who have been teaching for decades are saying today's kids are the most narcissistic kids to ever walk our colleges and universities. I'm sure they're not speaking of every kid, but more of a majority than they'd ever seen since they started teaching.

IMO, progress doesn't always = huge benefits.

And for those who just don't fit the bill, we simply don't know enough about the human mind to address most of these type of issues.

Because you feel sorry for her only shows that you are human and have compassion and a good heart in my opinion. This woman drives me up a wall and makes me want to choke her....(oh my)!
I had a slight moment of sympathy for her....then started having flash backs of target and fushion, and I would have more sympathy if she showed any signs of a mother who as lost her child.
I want to have sympathy for the parents, but I truly feel Cindy has allowed this behavior much to long. So I guess I have about as much sympathy for her as she has for her daughter.

This is all very tragic. Trying to grasp and understand, IMO we can not expect KC to behave as a "normal" human, anymore than we can expect a diabetic to stop being a diabetic (hope that makes sense) She is a danger to society. IMO I don't think the killing would have stopped if in her mind it is justified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustMe196503