*REVISIT* Does Anyone Feel Sad for Casey? Or Family Members?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And I want to add that even if Casey turns out to be innocent some way, some how (and I can't imagine how), I STILL would not feel sad for her, because she's still guilty of child neglect (as is the rest of the Anthony family IMO). I feel sad about the entire situation though, including the family's general situation (meaning their dysfunction), but not for Casey specifically.

I feel sad for Casey, sometimes. Only because I feel she may have suffered some extreme trauma in her life to create what she has become. I feel sad for the whole family sometimes. I do hope they keep her locked up though, I can't imagine her behavior improving, only getting worse.

In absolutely no way can I feel sorry for Casey.

Absolutely no sympathy.
Many people have abusive pasts. She was an intelligent individual. All she had to do was google "counseling orlando area" and she would have found help. We all know she knew how to google.

I am a mother and I have seriously sat and TRIED to even IMAGINE putting duct tape on my child's mouth and the thought of it is so horrific that my mind pushes it away instantly. I just can't go there.

She went there...and then she went to Blockbuster and acted like she didn't have a care in the world. Then she partied. Then she uploaded pics on the computer glorifying death. What mother of a missing child could do that??? Only the mother that is also a cold blooded killer could do that. IMHO

No sadness for Casey. No matter what may have happened in her life, she chose to
act as she does.

I feel sad for anyone who doesn't have the capacity for love. To give it or to get it.

In that broad sense, I feel very sorry for Casey.

That doesn't mean I don't want her locked away forever.

I remember seeing a program about Ted Bundy and a mom of one of his victims said:

"I know there's a mother out there with far worse pain than I have (meaning Ted's mom)."

That always stuck with me.

I am much more enraged at Casey than I feel sorry for her, but I do feel sorry for her.

I'm not sorry for her circumstances at all... .... she belongs in jail and they should throw away the key.

I'm sorry for her because she's inhuman.

I don't disagree with anyone. I just can't imagine what would drive someone to do this, so my natural instinct is sympathy. Believe me, my heart bleeds for Caylee and I can't even think about what she went through.

I cannot support anyone who plays a, "Poor, Poor, Pitifull Me," affect upon knowing what she did and didn't do towards Caylee. Sometimes I want to figure out the whys behind these parents who murder, but the reasons given by the perperator and armchair psychiatrist seem so trivial to murder another human. That leads me to fear and loathing of KC and all others like her.

Not in the least little bit do I feel sorry for her. She murdered that precious little girl, threw her away like garbage and has put her family through hell. She brought this on herself and I haven't the least bit of sympathy for her.

Not in the least little bit do I feel sorry for her. She murdered that precious little girl, threw her away like garbage and has put her family through hell. She brought this on herself and I haven't the least bit of sympathy for her.

I will always feel deep pity for Casey. Nobody could do what she did and be in their right mind - I'll never believe it, never.

That's not to say I think she should be released from custody. I just feel sorry for what is down inside of her. I also feel very sorry for the rest of the family - I wouldn't want to be any one of them. The whole thing is just sad.

I feel sad for anyone who cannot appreciate the love of a child.

CAN YOU RELATE OR HAVE EMPATHY FOR ANYONE IN ANTHONY FAMILY?

i sometimes wonder if anyone of us have ever felt that if this happened in our family, we would act in a certain way - the same or different? i have seen cindy on tv and in person. in person she seems very petite, small boned. delicate features. very pretty in fact. i have talked with her and seen her eyes tear up as mine did too. we spoke face to face and i was holding her hand before court hearing. in beginning of case we all saw her on tv as more heavy set, rougher , dragging a water hose or base ball bat in front of protesters. the woman i saw in person did not seem to be the same . SHE SEEMED FRAGILE, she had an inner strenght, she was determined in hoping the truth comes out i feel. if truth hurt anyone she loved i do not know how she felt about it. i could see myself and identify with cindy the most. i would be a bitc-- on wheels if i needed to protect my family from outsiders in front of my home. i would b e on tv shows to say what i hoped would find my grandbaby, . would i lie to protect my kid ? i do not know to what extent a tragic event would change me. i am not type to lie but if i thought someone i loved was guilty of murder i may crack up. i do not relate much to lee ,not casey at all!. i do relate to george as i feel he is devastated the most along with cindy. i could only hope i never have to know how tragic things could change me. i would fight like a tiger to protect my family .

Perception is relative. One can certainly empathize with a grief stricken family. What presents a challenge, is when empathy is influenced by outside factors. It is then, that perception is altered.

I do feel empathy for Cindy, Geogre and Lee. I know that none of them ever wanted this and this has ruined thier family, their grandbaby is gone and thier daughter is looking at death row. This has to be one of the greatest tragedies I have ever seen in my life each of them are all dieing on the inside. I bet they dream of days not so long ago when they at least had the illusion of a happy family. That no longer exists. I do get angry at the way they react or lack of, but in all honesty I can not judge them. I have no idea what I would do or how I would react. I honestly do not see how any of them can even function, muchless make rational desisions. I would be devastated...

At times I even feel sorry for Casey. I know what she has done and it is a horrible thing and she should be punished. However sometimes she reminds me of a child who doeIs not see the long term affects of her actions, and I beleive that now she wishes she could go back but sometimes when you make mistakes you cant go back. So yes I even feel sorry for KC but she still should be punished because she did commit the crime and a baby lost her life.

Most of all my heart breaks for Caylee. She did not deserve what happened to her and what she went through. I cry and my heart breaks when I think of what was going on in her mind as she was going through her final moments. However I must say that I am okay with the idea of knowing that she will never feel pain, she will never be hurt and she will not have to deal with this insane world. Caylee is happy and she is in the loving arms of her Father and she is singing "You are my sunshine" to Jesus and dancing around with angels and for that my heart is at peace for her.
but now its time for justice to be served.

All depends on whether or not I am having one of my days when I believe that Casey is a true psychopath.

If she is, then every single act she has ever committed has been part of a manipulative game she's been playing for years against her family, and anyone else who came into her life. And if that's correct then yes, I do have sympathy for her family, and think she's still playing them VERY WELL, especially Cindy to appears to not know when to quit!

If she's not a true psychopath but a damaged person who in an act of cruelty has taken the life of her own child then I do have sympathy for Casey, but you know, not much.

All of my empathy lies in the grave with Caylee...
It might not have died and been buried there, but for the atrocious, outrageous, dishonest and greedy manner in which each and all involved have behaved themselves. My empathy could have survived and been with them even now...but for their own actions, reactions and distractions...

I see a lot of my mother in Cindy so I do occasionally feel bad for her during her more self destructive moments. I see her more as deeply effected by her mental illness/personality disorder but I don't think she is sinister and evil in her intent. Horribly unlikable and toxic but I do believe her intent was to take care of her family to the best of limited capacity.

George evokes great anger in me, but I think that is because so many people think he is the good guy in the family. Again my own childhood tells me that is a total fantasy.

I don't have a sibling so I have a hardtime understanding Lee.

Caylee of course is the one that I have the most empathy for...

littlemisslegal, I have never thought of Cindy Anthony as you have described her in your post. I just do not see her as you do, and it is Cindy Anthony's actions and words that have given me my impression of her.

In the beginning, I had the utmost sympathy for all of the immediate family. As time, actions, and words went on, the only sympathy I had was with poor little Caylee.

Do I have empathy for any of them? My answer is a resounding NO!

JMO

Caylee is the only victim here. The A's did nothing to protect the weakest and most vulnerable one of all and don't seem at all concerned in justice for that sweet child. I do, however, feel quite a lot of empathy for Shirley P., her husband and Rick.

my definition may be a bit off, but empathy translates for me as "been there, done that" or "been there, couldn't do that". something similar to Atticus Finch's "walking around in another man's skin" (paraphrased)

re Lee: I have defended and stood by family members well beyond a point that was healthy for me, probably because my fear of abandonment is so deeply rooted

re George: ditto. altho I also think that part of him is just plain lazy and if Cindy keeps a roof over his head, he's willing to stay and will pay any price for being allowed to stay. I was married to someone very much like him, once

re Cindy: I read her as being fueled by frustration, fear, hatred and arrogance. I have often been frustrated and fearful, and there are times when I have hated but I've never been arrogant. three for four: me and Cindy

re Casey: she knows how effed up she is because she lies to create who she knows she should be/could be. she is a quivering mass of hurt, source unknown by me. but no one is the way Casey is unless they are fueled by massive rage as a result of massive pain. she is the product of something done to her (or not done for her). I married someone very much like her, more than once (omigod)

I can condone Lee's actions the most and George's actions to some extent but cannot condone anything said or done by Cindy and Casey

by the Grace of the Universe, some people reach a threshold where rational instinct takes over and there comes a realization that "no more" can this be allowed to continue, whether it be your own actions or the actions of others. there's a saying in AA which goes "it takes what it takes". Lee going underground makes me think that he reached his threshold and went into survival mode and damn the risk of abandonment. George, Cindy and Casey have not yet reached "it takes what it takes" and I can't see that they ever will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste