REVISIT Possible Reasons Purse/Work Bag in the Car

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
FWIW...IMHO, this is the 'work bag' Cindy took out of the car that she also called a 'purse', but, used chiefly as a "work bag". :rolleyes:

HTH.

exhibit17.jpg

thanks for the pics bond
Even though the picture is in black and white..to me it looks like a "nice" diaper bag

Even if she had been working at Universal Studios, she wouldn't need a work bag. Team members have assigned lockers in the wardrobe building. You must change into wardrobe there and not be carrying your work clothes in and out. The wardrobe department laundries/dry cleans them there. You can't leave property with your work clothes without special permission. All bags are inspected when entering and leaving.

As far as the name tag. If you forget your name tag, you can wear another one. You just pick one up at "wardrobe." But if you forget your real name tag too many times, you get points which may accumulate toward dismissal. It's fairly common to see someone with the wrong name tag on occasionally but you can't make it a habit. Many people keep an extra name tag in their locker in case they forget their real name tag. The one in the locker is just one of the freebies from wardrobe. If you lose your name tag, you need to pay to get it replaced. If you forget it at home, you can get a generic one from wardrobe (actually from data processing but it is in the same building as wardrobe.) There are a pile of name tags and you can just grab one for the day. But you must let your supervisor know that you forgot yours that day.

Security doesn't care one iota about the nametag. So playing a "little game" with security is bogus. Security asks you for your ID badge. It is not on a lanyard but on a small clip that is usually clipped on the bottom of your jacket or shirt (near the hip). That is what they use to scan you into the the park. The name tags are just what must be used so the guests can identify you for any complaints at Guest Services. That's why your supervisor must be aware if you are using another nametag that day. The ID badge is important but the name tag is insignificant.

Universal Studios supplies all of that for an event planner. You would not be able to leave the property with all of that in your bag. Security would stop you at "Gate 2" where they inspect your bags.

Thank You for your post AnnaMouse

What was the cute story? It's been so long I don't know if I ever heard about this.

When did Cindy send Lee to Universal to look for Casey? I know he tried to catch up with her at a club but someone had fore warned her Lee would be there looking for her.Then there was the time Cindy was supposed to meet Casey there and Casey didn't show. I have missed some interesting info :maddening:

Quote Respect strach :)
BBM

I am fuzzy on this and I am the one who wrote it: here goes. Please, someone correct me if I am wrong.

That bag that says "chris" is the "purse" that was found in the pontiac after it had been abandoned at Amscot by Casey.
Cindy, when asked about the bag-called it a "work bag." There is some big reason to know more about that but I don't remember right now.

I know I think(some think)this could be Jesse's brother(Chris)'s bag. When Casey came around(again)after having dated Jesse(before Caylee was born)she came around to "help get Chris a job"(RG: I did the transcript myself). And, I guess she did.

This was done while she was still working for Kodak, and RG says in his statement to LE: when Casey showed up about the job for Chris he could tell she was pregnant. RG mentioned this to Jesse who said he didn't think so because Casey told him she was having "female problems." Of course we know Casey ended up giving birth to Caylee, so she was pregnant.

No wonder Richard Grund was suspicious when Casey said Jesse was the father. Richard Grund could see she was pregnant, RP and everyone at his wedding could tell Casey was preganant.

But I digress. I guess what I was saying in that post about a "cute little story" is this: if Cindy had really seen Casey with that bag and was told by her it was her work bag: it had to have been a "cute" story she was telling because she had no job.

Sorry to be confusing. As far as the subject of the purse/work bag is concerned. There are those more informed. I will find the old threads on this subject.

ETA: I also think we do not know how Casey came to have the "chris" badge or if that is his bag or hers...but like I said others may know more.

Thanks Chiquita. :) I was confused about the bag and lanyard because they sounded like the same thing. Perhaps the lanyard was in the bag but I see it's two separate things. I suppose the lanyard was the item with a shamrock that CA claimed LE must of taken. Somehow it ends up in Cindy's dresser drawer two months later. I think it was put in Cindy's room to keep LE from finding it during any one of numerous searches. If not put there by Cindy herself which I doubt or she wouldn't have turned it over to anyone but Casey during the time she was out on bail.

I haven't read through the whole thread, so I apologise if this has already been suggested - my theory is that KC expected and wanted the car to be stolen, so she could say that someone stole the car with Caylee in it (ie a car jacking). She left the bag as an inducement to would-be thieves to break into the car. IMO of course.

I haven't read through the whole thread, so I apologise if this has already been suggested - my theory is that KC expected and wanted the car to be stolen, so she could say that someone stole the car with Caylee in it (ie a car jacking). She left the bag as an inducement to would-be thieves to break into the car. IMO of course.
This is also what I have long thought...

Cindy did not send Lee to Universal to look for ICA. She sent him downtown to find her on July 3, I believe. CA herself went to the Universal parking lot to find ICA.

Cindy did not send Lee to Universal to look for ICA. She sent him downtown to find her on July 3, I believe. CA herself went to the Universal parking lot to find ICA.

Thank you Amil! I always check out any of your posts because I LOVE all the behind the scenes info you so generously give to us and I love to hear how you feel. I do have a question. During the trial, if you are seated in the gallery of the courtroom, will you have a hard time not standing up and saying "I object" when you hear JB or CM misstate a fact??? I know I would and you are very well versed on this case.

I don't think Tony would have gone along with someone "stole the car with Caylee in it" story because he picked KC up. She told him her Dad would be picking it up later. It was parked where her mother rode past everyday on her way to work so if she wanted her mother to find it, it was right there. Could be she wanted someone to steal it but why lock the doors if you wanted someone to take off with it. When Tony said that her Dad would be picking it up I thought she figured they would see the car there (GA admitted he pays bills at Amscot) and would bring the car home and detail it to get rid of the smell. KC had Amy's car so she knew her car was gone from Amscot, she just did not know where and probably did not care.

Oh and I think the bag was only important because it had Amy's resumes in it. jmo

OR, the bag smelled so bad she decided to just leave it.

Even if she wasn't plotting for the car-jacking part, or even to have it happen before Tony knew about it, I still think she purposely abandoned the car there and left the bag/purse as added incentive for it to be stolen. A thief wouldn't know it was a "workbag", and that would take care of the decomp odor of the car. It also ties in with George and the gas cans, i.e. "Oops, I ran out of gas again..."
Casey just didn't count on the car being towed, rather than stolen.
Plus having a dumpster nearby may have partially masked the smell in her mind. Why not use Amscot's dumpster to get rid of the bag of rotting pizza???

Even if she wasn't plotting for the car-jacking part, or even to have it happen before Tony knew about it, I still think she purposely abandoned the car there and left the bag/purse as added incentive for it to be stolen. A thief wouldn't know it was a "workbag", and that would take care of the decomp odor of the car. It also ties in with George and the gas cans, i.e. "Oops, I ran out of gas again..."
Casey just didn't count on the car being towed, rather than stolen.
Plus having a dumpster nearby may have partially masked the smell in her mind. Why not use Amscot's dumpster to get rid of the bag of rotting pizza???

Oh Dear NO!!!! That Smell Screams Decomposition! The Dump would have refused it:truce::sick:

Casey had no intentions of leaving her car at Amscot. She did run out of gas and did try to go back for her car, it had been towed before she got there.

June 27th, Casey runs out of gas on her way to Tony's. Tony picks Casey up at Amscot.

June 28th, Casey calls Jesse Grund and asks if he has gas cans she can borrow.

June 29th, Casey sends Amy a text message asking if she can borrow Amy and her gas cans. Amy replies that her gas cans are still in storage and she should have had her stuff out by now (Casey's telling Amy she can move in with her at Hopespring).

June 30th,

9:00am - Johnson Wrecker fills out card to pick up Casey's car.
9:45am - Casey wakes Amy up to go get gas cans
10:54am - Johnson wrecker runs report on Casey's car
1:22pm - Amy and Casey are seen at Target (I guess they have it on video) purchasing gas cans.

Casey did go to the Amscot (sometime after 4:45pm without Amy) and tried to get her car... her car was gone.

OR, the bag smelled so bad she decided to just leave it.

I'm sorry this is off topic but I do have a question about the smell. Would Casey not have that awful smell all over her even if she only drove the car for a short amount of time?? Thankfully, I've never smelled that odor before but I understand it gets into everything quickly. I just wonder would it get into what she was wearing, her hair, things she picked up from the house to take to Tony's after just a few minutes or would it take some time?!? I have to wonder if that's the reason for the unexpected visit to Jesse's apartment to shower that morning...hmmmm

I'm sorry this is off topic but I do have a question about the smell. Would Casey not have that awful smell all over her even if she only drove the car for a short amount of time?? Thankfully, I've never smelled that odor before but I understand it gets into everything quickly. I just wonder would it get into what she was wearing, her hair, things she picked up from the house to take to Tony's after just a few minutes or would it take some time?!? I have to wonder if that's the reason for the unexpected visit to Jesse's apartment to shower that morning...hmmmm

Excellent question!! I am sorry I do not have an answer for you in regards to how the smell travels?

What shocks me is how the smell in her car seemed to have no effect on Casey. I remember in one of Lee's interviews, I believe it was LE, he stated how he found Casey sitting in the garage, with her car, on July 15th, 2008 and he could only stay out there for a minute or so because the smell was so bad... yet, Casey sat there.

She's a very scary woman!

Casey had no intentions of leaving her car at Amscot. She did run out of gas and did try to go back for her car, it had been towed before she got there.

June 27th, Casey runs out of gas on her way to Tony's. Tony picks Casey up at Amscot.

June 28th, Casey calls Jesse Grund and asks if he has gas cans she can borrow.

June 29th, Casey sends Amy a text message asking if she can borrow Amy and her gas cans. Amy replies that her gas cans are still in storage and she should have had her stuff out by now (Casey's telling Amy she can move in with her at Hopespring).

June 30th,

9:00am - Johnson Wrecker fills out card to pick up Casey's car.
9:45am - Casey wakes Amy up to go get gas cans
10:54am - Johnson wrecker runs report on Casey's car
1:22pm - Amy and Casey are seen at Target (I guess they have it on video) purchasing gas cans.

Casey did go to the Amscot (sometime after 4:45pm without Amy) and tried to get her car... her car was gone.

I'm confused. How was KC going manage two vehicles by herself? Didn't Amy state that KC just hung around all day with her until she (Amy) had to go to work. If she wanted to Amy's help why didn't she get it while Amy was free for the afternoon.

Fortunately, I guess, I have have only smelled decomposition from animal decay. I would, however, like to point out that I have smelled many low-mid-high end perfumes that have been marvelous at masking pretty much anything else you might smell and are stellar for inducing migraines. :sick:

I'm confused. How was KC going manage two vehicles by herself? Didn't Amy state that KC just hung around all day with her until she (Amy) had to go to work. If she wanted to Amy's help why didn't she get it while Amy was free for the afternoon.

I dont think she wanted Amy to help pick up the car. But with the boyfriend gone to Newyork, she did need a place to hang out that day and sort herself a bed for the night. Tony did not give her permission to stay at his apartment. And probably her cash flow was low, a new victim was needed.

I dont know how she planned to retrieve the car, she is not reknowned for her forward thinking ability :floorlaugh: But a bit of walking shouldn't have been a problem for this young, fit and healthy woman who used to run track at school and apparently jogged regularly.

Ok, thanks. That's what I remember. Making sure there wasn't another incident that escaped me.

I don't know how Casey got to Amscot? According to the timeline (Hinkymeter) Amy went to work, and Casey then went to Amscot to get her car? Cab? I might have to go and read Amy's interview again?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superman221
Back