RI - Michael Woodmansee, killer of Jason Foreman, 5, released 12 years early

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/rebeccacucca2011/

Maybe this can help keep this monster in a cell till he rots.I think they should unseal his journal for the world to see just what a monster that man is.If It were my child or grandchild, I would want to kill him too.If the Justice system fails to protect our children we must.IMO

If someone does to my child what this innocent child went threw. I WILL kill the person and WILL spend the rest of my life knowing I saved another child from being harmed. In prision or not.

BBM

Of course he shouldn't kill him. But, as someone said earlier in the thread, I personally think if murder was truly Foreman's intention, he wouldn't be yammering about it in public.

Still, I'm not gonna lie to you - I find the irony fascinating - a bunch of us hanging out on a website devoted to crime and punishment (and perhaps even justice) delightedly supporting someone who is premeditating torture and murder.

The truth really is stranger than fiction.

You're right. Of course Mr. Foreman shouldn't kill his child's murderer - and I'm guessing he won't. Perhaps this is his own way of drawing attention to the gross injustice at hand.

I'm not "delightedly" supporting his promise of murder but, as a parent, I am trying to understand where he's coming from......and I think I do. Though I have never suffered such a tragic loss, that little boy was a part of all of us. Maybe he was the one who would grow up to cure cancer!

I won't apologize for wishing, many, many times, while following the cases here, that the abusers and killers would die horrible deaths. Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth. It may not be politically correct, but I believe it is human nature.

With all that said, I always appreciate your very diplomatic and fair POV, SCM. You are so often the voice of reason and, I readily admit, a much bigger person than I!

southcitymom:

In your response #95 you responded to the post listed below.
I did not write this post. Why is my name on it?

MsRyber wrote it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by concentric

Why do other countries have such lower homicide rates?

I would like to know how to stop these crimes from occurring in the first place.

Whether I like to admit it or not, lashes in and lashes out seemed to deter people before. Barbaric, yes...

Seems the more rights the prisoner has over the victim, and the more seemingly "fair" the justice system is, the less "fair" is actually is for the victim.

I don't really agree with vigilante justice. But why can someone take a LIFE and be allowed to continue living their life years later? Take a life? Lose yours forever in prison. FOREVER.

When the punishment fits the crime I delight in that.

When the punishment does not, and someone at least has the guts to prevent future crimes, even at the risk of their own freedom, I delight in that.

Sorry, I'm human.

If someone does to my child what this innocent child went threw. I WILL kill the person and WILL spend the rest of my life knowing I saved another child from being harmed. In prision or not.

I am pretty sure that this is exactly how Mr. Foreman feels. He would be more than happy to spend the rest of his life in prison to save another child and their family from the horror he has had to live through.

I have to agree though, that I think Mr. Foreman is probably announcing his intentions to get this case in the news and get people outraged so they fight the monster's release, with maybe a little bit of real intention to kill him if he is released behind it, but more so to just bring this case to the public's attention.
JMO

I am pretty sure that this is exactly how Mr. Foreman feels. He would be more than happy to spend the rest of his life in prison to save another child and their family from the horror he has had to live through.

I have to agree though, that I think Mr. Foreman is probably announcing his intentions to get this case in the news and get people outraged so they fight the monster's release, with maybe a little bit of real intention to kill him if he is released behind it, but more so to just bring this case to the public's attention.
JMO

I am outraged. And I'm worried for the children who will be in his vicinity when he's released.

Me and my brother feel the exact same way about this one. Take him to the Florida swamps and turn him into Gatorade.
Do I believe that Mr. Foreman will ever find peace? No. Most certainly not through murder. But I do think that the planning and the expression of this anger may be helping him in ways that most of us cannot understand.

Gatorade was my first thought also. I have a truck if he needs one....

I heard this last night on NG and thought I'd find it in an article:

http://www.projo.com/news/content/MICHAEL_WOODMANSEE_03-06-11_PIMQFMO_v39.1941899.html

Police searched neighborhood houses from basement to attic –– all except for the Woodmansee house.

Because Woodmansee’s father, Franklin, was a police reservist, the police told him to check his own house for Jason.
-------------------
(more at link)

And we all know how a body smells as it decomposes and yet W's dad didn't ever smell anything and didn't think it suspicious when years later his son had a small skull in his room????? Denial????

Left, Right and Middle, all voiced.

Gotta' love our free country!

We may not have a perfect system but it is still the best there is!

I hope they release an updated photo so people will know who he is and to watch their children. I will make copies of his picture and story and mail it all over my town as well as post it on facebook.

I am not good at computer things but I just read in the morning news that there is a protest scheduled this Saturday in South Kingston RI about Woodmansee's release.
Also the first of two psycho evaluations is underway.
mikeysmommom,,,they have released an updated picture. He is now clean shaven still with big glasses and of course much older. I wish I knew how to post all this stuff.
My gut feeling on this is that he is going to remain locked up,,I hope I am right.
I swear there will be a revolt in the state of RI he he gets out.

southcitymom:

In your response #95 you responded to the post listed below.
I did not write this post. Why is my name on it?

MsRyber wrote it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by concentric

Why do other countries have such lower homicide rates?

I would like to know how to stop these crimes from occurring in the first place.

Whether I like to admit it or not, lashes in and lashes out seemed to deter people before. Barbaric, yes...

Seems the more rights the prisoner has over the victim, and the more seemingly "fair" the justice system is, the less "fair" is actually is for the victim.

I don't really agree with vigilante justice. But why can someone take a LIFE and be allowed to continue living their life years later? Take a life? Lose yours forever in prison. FOREVER.

I think Ms Ryber wrote that post, concentric, and I think she may have been responding to something you wrote and when she replied it was caught wrong!

I am not good at computer things but I just read in the morning news that there is a protest scheduled this Saturday in South Kingston RI about Woodmansee's release.
Also the first of two psycho evaluations is underway.
mikeysmommom,,,they have released an updated picture. He is now clean shaven still with big glasses and of course much older. I wish I knew how to post all this stuff.
My gut feeling on this is that he is going to remain locked up,,I hope I am right.
I swear there will be a revolt in the state of RI he he gets out.

Thanks for this update. I too think chances are great that Woodmansee will remain behind bars.

You're right. Of course Mr. Foreman shouldn't kill his child's murderer - and I'm guessing he won't. Perhaps this is his own way of drawing attention to the gross injustice at hand.

I'm not "delightedly" supporting his promise of murder but, as a parent, I am trying to understand where he's coming from......and I think I do. Though I have never suffered such a tragic loss, that little boy was a part of all of us. Maybe he was the one who would grow up to cure cancer!

I won't apologize for wishing, many, many times, while following the cases here, that the abusers and killers would die horrible deaths. Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth. It may not be politically correct, but I believe it is human nature.

With all that said, I always appreciate your very diplomatic and fair POV, SCM. You are so often the voice of reason and, I readily admit, a much bigger person than I!

Hey Fairy,

"Delightedly" may have been the wrong word for me to choose - perhaps I should have written "unabashedly." Because you are correct that there isn't much delightful about this case.

I too want to understand where Foreman is coming from and, for me as a parent, that's not difficult to do. I know why he wants to hurt Woodmansee and erase him from the earth. You are right that it's human nature to want to aggressively lash out at someone who causes you the type of pain Foreman has surely endured in the face of what happened to his child.

I've not meant to discredit his grief.

For me (and I understand not everyone feels this way), it's as important to consider Woodmansee's situation and to try to understand that. I don't want any human to be tortured and murdered by another human. I do try to understand how others might be okay with that.

Hey Fairy,

"Delightedly" may have been the wrong word for me to choose - perhaps I should have written "unabashedly." Because you are correct that there isn't much delightful about this case.

I too want to understand where Foreman is coming from and, for me as a parent, that's not difficult to do. I know why he wants to hurt Woodmansee and erase him from the earth. You are right that it's human nature to want to aggressively lash out at someone who causes you the type of pain Foreman has surely endured in the face of what happened to his child.

I've not meant to discredit his grief.

For me (and I understand not everyone feels this way), it's as important to consider Woodmansee's situation and to try to understand that. I don't want any human to be tortured and murdered by another human. I do try to understand how others might be okay with that.
BBM

While I appreciate your comments and respect your position, I do not consider this animal to be human in any regard.

In my view, he lost his humanity years ago when he brutally tortured and murdered Jason Foreman. He lost all rights to compassion when he robbed that child of his God given right to happiness and hope for the future.

I would have no more hesitation of eliminating this animal than a rabid dog who harmed my child.

If Mr. Foreman does as I surely would, and kills this creature who committed such an atrocity against his own flesh and blood, I will pledge my full support to his legal defense fund.

I don't think there's a jury in this great land who would convict him.

I would also contribute. When I was growing up, there wasn't much of this "stuff" going on; the perps KNEW it would go hard with them.

I personally do not believe that protests and petitions are going to keep him behind bars-I think that is happening so people feel better and can express their outrage.

The law is the law-and clearly the DA is busting butt to find a way to keep Woodmansee locked up-I mean he was held in MA and MA can send dangerous offenders to Bridgewater State Prison for indefinite holds. (Psych prison.) I dont know if that is an option, but if the law can be bent for anyone it will be bent for this prisoner. Imagine the appeals if they keep him anyway-how many years will it take him to get to SJC? Just sayin.

BBM

While I appreciate your comments and respect your position, I do not consider this animal to be human in any regard.

In my view, he lost his humanity years ago when he brutally tortured and murdered Jason Foreman. He lost all rights to compassion when he robbed that child of his God given right to happiness and hope for the future.

I would have no more hesitation of eliminating this animal than a rabid dog who harmed my child.

If Mr. Foreman does as I surely would, and kills this creature who committed such an atrocity against his own flesh and blood, I will pledge my full support to his legal defense fund.

I don't think there's a jury in this great land who would convict him.

I get your position, Papa - and surely I respect it and feel like I understand it. I don't think there's greater pain in this world than the pain of losing a child.

On the "Woodmansee isn't human or has lost his humanity" front, these are my thoughts. Torture and murder (and in Woodmansee's case, insanity) are as human as it gets. They are ancient behaviors that have plagued mankind since the beginning of recorded history.

The driving thought behind my worldview is that every single person on this planet is my brother/sister, and I am called to love and show compassion towards them as fully and completely as I am called to love my own child. This worldview has no exceptions - even for the Woodmansees of our planet.

It's easy to dismiss people who have hurt others in violent and crazy ways - to turn them into outcasts. I argue that such people probably need our love and compassion even more than those who are living right. It's not hard to love "good" people - the challenge is to extend that energy to the "bad" ones.

Am I always able to love everyone well? Hardly. But that is still the belief that guides me, and I strive towards it on a daily basis.

Some on this thread have said that "I am a better person than they" for holding a different view, but I don't believe that for a second. We all have prisms through which we contemplate evil, and all of our diverse perspectives are worthy of genuine consideration.

Woodmansee was a sick, sick man when he killed this young child and, imho, chances are good that he's still pretty ill. I am glad this case has gotten some good attention because I think that lights a fire under the heels of those who truly have the power to keep him behind bars.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megan phillips lynch
Back