RI - Michael Woodmansee, killer of Jason Foreman, 5, released 12 years early

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would be heartbroken to see the dad do jail or prison time. But a parent has to do, what a parent has to do.

IMO it would be justifiable homicide if the father knocked this monster off.

I've never made that distinction, though I respect your position. I think evil and insanity are the closest of siblings.

Also, I can often tell much from mugshot or jail pics. I imagine after years in prison, my eyes might look dead too.

Even though I'm reticent to fully embrace the proclamations of many psychiatrists, I'm much more interested in what psychiatrists have to say about Woodmansee than what he looks like. Perhaps although the courts didn't rule him insane or unbalanced or whatever before, they will be able to do so now.

Regardless of what we call it, I agree with you that there is a very strong chance that this man would be dangerous to society if he were given his freedom.

Evil people know right from wrong, they just don't give a damn.

BBM

While I appreciate your comments and respect your position, I do not consider this animal to be human in any regard.

In my view, he lost his humanity years ago when he brutally tortured and murdered Jason Foreman. He lost all rights to compassion when he robbed that child of his God given right to happiness and hope for the future.

I would have no more hesitation of eliminating this animal than a rabid dog who harmed my child.

If Mr. Foreman does as I surely would, and kills this creature who committed such an atrocity against his own flesh and blood, I will pledge my full support to his legal defense fund.

I don't think there's a jury in this great land who would convict him.
I would feel guilty for killing a rabid dog, but not this demented child killer... Not even a tad... I think the life of an earth worm is more valuable than this *insert mean and nasty adjetive* life.

IMO it would be justifiable homicide if the father knocked this monster off.

I am going to disagree with you there-it would be justifiable homicide if someone snuffed Mr Woodmansee in the act of harming someone else, sure.

It would be pre-meditated murder if Mr Foreman did so because Mr. Woodmansee may see the light of day again.

I dont think Woodmansee is going to see the light of day again, ever. Just a guess.

And I hope that the legislators in RI are working fast and furiously to update that law.

I am going to disagree with you there-it would be justifiable homicide if someone snuffed Mr Woodmansee in the act of harming someone else, sure.

It would be pre-meditated murder if Mr Foreman did so because Mr. Woodmansee may see the light of day again.

I dont think Woodmansee is going to see the light of day again, ever. Just a guess.

And I hope that the legislators in RI are working fast and furiously to update that law.

I live in RI, an live only 10min from South Kingstown, I support Mr. Foreman 100% and don't know of one Rhode Islander that doesn't, having said that, I don't believe Mr. Foreman will have to worry about Mr Woodmansee getting out. With the media coverage, protest, an now our Governor speaking out, the chance is slim to none he'll see the light of day again.

I support Mr. Foreman as well...make no mistake about that. I dont want him being punished and losing more at the hands of Woodmansee. He doesnt deserve that, and I am not sure it would actually satisfy him...then again I dont walk about in his skin.

I am human and my first reaction, as you can see by my initial post, was that he had a right. In some respects. But he doesnt-he shouldnt stoop to that. And I think his worries are few in terms of Woodmansee actually getting out. In retrospect I think the media coverage was well played since it exposed the antiquated law, and the reason why you cant just let everyone go after their time is served. Sometimes, just sometimes, the rights of the many have to outweigh the rights of the few....

Rhode Island's prison boss A.T. Hall met with the family of victim Jason Foreman to talk about convicted child-killer Michael Woodmansee’s possible release from jail.

The meeting took place Thursday in a conference room at the Washington County Court House in South Kingstown.

NBC 10's Parker Gavigan spoke with Foreman's father and the family attorney. They told NBC 10 that Woodmansee still has to undergo two psychiatric evaluations, with three possible outcomes.

Woodmansee could be committed by the state. He could voluntarily commit himself.

Or he could simply be found competent and released from jail, possibly this summer.

http://www2.turnto10.com/news/2011/...re-about-possible-release-woodmans-ar-427202/

Sceptical on the release option...let's hope for a voluntary *permanent* commitment or a court ordered permanent commitment.

He does look so old. Kind of hard to believe what he did at the age of 16. I like that two psychiatrists have to sign off on his release - I'm hoping that's where it will be stopped.

Also, what do we know about his surviving family members. IIRC, his Dad was a police officer or somehow involved in law enforcement. I guess what I am getting at is - is that an option - him staying with a family member?

I don't believe he has any surviving relatives. I read somewhere that his parents are dead and he did not have any siblings. I will see if I can find a link.

I can't find where I read that his parents had died but I found this RI cemetery listing with a Franklin E Woodmansee born in 1922 and died in 1990. It's about 1/4 of the way down the page. There are lots of Woodmansee's buried there going way back.
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~rigenweb/cemetery/cemetery393.html

Both sides here have made many excellent points & that's why I love it here! But I have to say that if this precious little boy was mine, I would do exactly what his dad is saying he's going to do, I'd kill him. Of course my husband & I would be fighting to get to him first! I don't care how long this person spent in prison, it would never be long enough to change the animal that he is. You don't just wake up one morning & say I think I'll kill someone, eat them, keep their bones for souveniers & journalize the entire event so I can enjoy & relive it over & over again. Good behavior or finding God in prison certainly does not constitute a miraculous recovery from monster to model citizen. These ancient laws need to be thrown out, its a whole new world out there now & many many things have changed since this good behavior law was put in place. The cases should be handled on an individual basis because not all the prisoners should be eligible for consideration, especially demented monsters like this. I do not believe that he's a changed man or can ever be a changed man because what he did is simply unthinkable and not even close to normal human behavior, he was a monster then & he's a monster now. If this father carries out his plan he should be rewarded for ridding the world of this despicable man so that he will never again get his hands on another innocent child.

I haven't finished reading this thread but I have to ask this:

What would you do, if this man came into your house, at night, with a knife, and there was a 5 year old boy there with you, and he began to attack?

You would kill him, right?

This father didn't get the opportunity to protect his son, because the perp was a coward and snatched the boy away from him (I don't know the details of the kidnapping). I don't see how killing him now is any different.

That being said, if the perps prison psychiatrist believes he is still a danger to society, upon release they can simply baker act him into a maximum security mental hospital and keep him for life there.

One would hope.

I have no problem with vigilante justice...ecsp in this case.

Just "dabbling", huh? Those teens. Wait until you read the last sentence.

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/new-inquest-into-1973-satanic-killing-of-boy-7-2656788.html

New inquest into 1973 Satanic killing of boy (7)

"An inquest has been held into the death of boy (7), it's claimed was killed by his teenage satanic neighbour in Dublin almost 40 years ago. A brief inquest into John's murder was held at the County Coroner's court yesterday where his death certificate was issued, four decades after his killing.

The inquest detailed the brutal murder of the young boy who was found tied to rafters in the attic of a neighbour's house surrounded by religious objects.
John was found in a house adjacent to his family's home at Hollyville, Lucan Road, Palmerstown in Dublin on June 14, 1973. The untold details of the horrific murder of John Horgan are set to shock the nation when they emerge later this year. A book entitled The Boy In The Attic, by David Malone, due is to shed further light on the grim tragedy..."

and

"...[the] seven-year-old only child was left in the care of a teenage neighbour. "No one knew, or would even have dreamed of suspecting, that the older boy was a Satanist. "The two went out to the fields to look for rabbits. The seven-year-old was never seen alive again....."

and

"A silver cup and three hosts were discovered with his body, and then State Pathologist Dr Maurice Hickey found he had died from a fracture of the skull.

and

"...At the brief inquest yesterday, Detective Inspector Richard McDonnell said a male was later charged with the crime and served a sentence...."

and

"...The coroner revealed that the perpetrator was now living out Ireland...."

more at link

So, where is this man and what is his name? Because he was a minor at the time of the murder, he was allowed confidentiality. But someone does NOT commit a crime like this and just go on to live a healthy and law-abiding life.
I hope the Irish public raise the roof on this one.

A contrarian viewpoint:

“The author and TV documentary producer, Mr Malone, said: ‘It was a Satanist murder…’”
---
Now I’m no CSI or anything, but it seems to me, that although “religious objects” were found with the body, the first mention of Satanism is from our friend above, who only found the case much later, and therefore wasn’t really involved in it at the time.
---
Ever know a lone 16 year old to become a sole Satanist 40 years ago in super-duper-Catholic Ireland? Not only that, but apparently he’s satanic for the purpose of one murder, which lands him in jail and upon his release he becomes “closely involved in a church community”. Hardly the profile you’d expect of a hardcore devil-worshipper.
---
Seems like this is just a media spin story to me. But like I said, I’m no CSI.
---
---
the rest of the piece is here:
http://irishfreepress.com/?p=26002

I am always sceptical of sensational claims of Satanism.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knewborn96
Back