RK is considering legal action against LP

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean Kronk is not really upset about being accused over and over on tv to be involved in a daisy chain that starts with his supervisor, supposedly a friend of Lee's and ends with Kronk? A daisy chain that involves Kronk knowing the bag contained Caylee's remains all the way back to August?

I may be misinterpreting your comment, but it seems to infer that Kronk is only suing because he wants money, not because LP's statements about him are hurtful and untrue.

SNIP

LP's statements about RK hurtful to RK - yep

LP's statement about RK untrue - we don't really know

RK suing only to soothe his hurt feelings - nope

RK appearing, for a fee, on another tv program as a result of this new twist - likely

BTW - I do think that LA definitely has a case against LP. He was harmed - awful allegations. We haven't heard about him suing, have we ?

If I wanted someone to stop talking smack about me in the media I'd want an attorney who had experience in media law as well as litigation. I think I'm missing why you consider that a bad thing.

I don't think the Media and Entertainment practice of law focuses on defamation of character suits.

LP's statements about RK hurtful to RK - yep

LP's statement about RK untrue - we don't really know

RK suing only to soothe his hurt feelings - nope

RK appearing, for a fee, on another tv program as a result of this new twist - likely

BTW - I do think that LA definitely has a case against LP. He was harmed - awful allegations. We haven't heard about him suing, have we ?

Ok, I understand. We don't know if his statements are untrue, although Kronk's threat to sue would seem to indicate that he is innocent of the allegations.

I do agree that Kronk may be invited to appear on various programs due to the threat of suit, but I don't know if he gets paid? If he does, does LP? Maybe this threat will benefit both of them. Now there's a thought!

We haven't heard of Lee suing, that is true. I think it is coming, but I do not have any inside info about any of this! It's just a feeling.

I don't think the Media and Entertainment practice of law focuses on defamation of character suits.

It would be well familiar with media law and what can legally be said in public cases like this. I would think the two practice areas would be quite complementary.

Thank you and I agree. I believe that if RK truly wanted to bring a case against LP, he should have thought about that after the first 2 weeks of his name being mentioned (on a daily basis) by LP on NG. But, I highly suspect it is the lawyers that are seeking him out, so that they may make a quick buck...if it's even possible. I don't see what LP is doing wrong, to be honest. I think he's just throwing different theories out there to bring justice to Caylee and it's the media that's running with it in all different directions. As a matter of fact, it's the media that keeps showing him on the air, so if anyone's responsible, it would be...anybody's guess.

First, if I remember correctly, RK has had his own attorney since practically day one... he doesn't need anyone coming out of the wood-work offering their services to sue just to sue.

Second, perhaps RK thought, if ignored, LP would give up on his suppositions and accusations... unfortunately, he hasn't.

Third, if this man or any person kept insulting, insinuating and accusing YOU of a crime night after night I'm sure you would want to stop him, even if it meant taking him to court.

No one has a right to liable someone else. If there is proof then that person should bring it on, if not, shut up and move on.

I hope RK does sue LP, perhaps then LP will learn that you can't run rough-shod over anyone you please.

It would be well familiar with media law and what can legally be said in public cases like this. I would think the two practice areas would be quite complementary.

Here's the definition from the law firm's website. I've bolded the sentences that I think are most applicable.

Media and Entertainment
As reporters, news directors and editors know, the very nature of the news business involves conflict and controversy. As a legal resource to media companies, Mateer Harbert provides pre-broadcast and pre-publication counseling to minimize the risk of libel, slander, invasion of privacy and other legal issues, and our attorneys stand ready to vigorously defend those claims in court. Throughout the news gathering process, the firm provides valuable insight and counsel on Florida's Sunshine Law and Public Records Laws, the Freedom of Information Act, and the News Reporters' Privilege. Our attorneys have substantial experience in protecting media access to court proceedings and court records.

In addition to these services, Mateer Harbert counsels entertainment professionals on copyright, trademark and other intellectual property issues. Our attorneys also have substantial experience in the drafting of licensing and publishing agreements.

This practice arm of the firm acts as a defendant's attorney in media libel, invasion of privacy suits, etc. Wouldn't RK be the plaintiff ?

Just to clarify, "Media and Entertainment" doesn't mean dealing with THE media - Entertainment lawyers are considered transactional lawyers, they do contracts and deals. Rarely are they "Plantiff lawyers" - the kind who bring suit.

True they sometimes litigate over trademark or copyright violations, but in my experience that's outsourced to a pure trial lawyer.

Just my 2 cents - I think the bar association categories can sound misleading.

Interesting that RK's lawyer is THE SAME as WESH's. Could explain why he waited til now to bring this - civil lawyers aren't prevented from giving "exclusive rights" to one media outlet to their clients.

"Kronk's attorney, David Evans, who also represents WESH-TV, said he's documenting every Padilla statement and will consider action against him."

First, if I remember correctly, RK has had his own attorney since practically day one... he doesn't need anyone coming out of the wood-work offering their services to sue just to sue.
Second, perhaps RK thought, if ignored, LP would give up on his suppositions and accusations... unfortunately, he hasn't.

Third, if this man or any person kept insulting, insinuating and accusing YOU of a crime night after night I'm sure you would want to stop him, even if it meant taking him to court.

No one has a right to liable someone else. If there is proof then that person should bring it on, if not, shut up and move on.

I hope RK does sue LP, perhaps then LP will learn that you can't run rough-shod over anyone you please.

Bolded by me

Not any more. The county cut him off at $10K.

Here's the definition from the law firm's website. I've bolded the sentences that I think are most applicable.

Media and Entertainment
As reporters, news directors and editors know, the very nature of the news business involves conflict and controversy. As a legal resource to media companies, Mateer Harbert provides pre-broadcast and pre-publication counseling to minimize the risk of libel, slander, invasion of privacy and other legal issues, and our attorneys stand ready to vigorously defend those claims in court. Throughout the news gathering process, the firm provides valuable insight and counsel on Florida's Sunshine Law and Public Records Laws, the Freedom of Information Act, and the News Reporters' Privilege. Our attorneys have substantial experience in protecting media access to court proceedings and court records.

In addition to these services, Mateer Harbert counsels entertainment professionals on copyright, trademark and other intellectual property issues. Our attorneys also have substantial experience in the drafting of licensing and publishing agreements.

This practice arm of the firm acts as a defendant's attorney in media libel, invasion of privacy suits, etc. Wouldn't RK be the plaintiff ?

I missed your post before I posted - RK would be the plaintiff. This law firm is WESH's counsel. Personally I think this might be a "nudge" from the lawyer - "RK, I think what LP said is bordering on libel...Due to the intense interest in this case, I bet WESH would be willing to pay for exclusive interviews if this suit is brought..."

FYI that kind of conduct, IF it happened, isn't illegal or unethical - Plaintiff attorney's fish for lawsuits all the time, just look at the TV ads. So I'm not saying WESH did anything wrong per se.

Thank you and I agree. I believe that if RK truly wanted to bring a case against LP, he should have thought about that after the first 2 weeks of his name being mentioned (on a daily basis) by LP on NG. But, I highly suspect it is the lawyers that are seeking him out, so that they may make a quick buck...if it's even possible. I don't see what LP is doing wrong, to be honest. I think he's just throwing different theories out there to bring justice to Caylee and it's the media that's running with it in all different directions. As a matter of fact, it's the media that keeps showing him on the air, so if anyone's responsible, it would be...anybody's guess.

When holding someone responsible for things they have said, you don't want to jump off the handle and threaten legal action right off of the bat. Just because this is now coming out, does not mean RK just waited til recently... his attorney has probably been working to compile everything to make sure he has enough verifiable material to proceed.

I'm shocked that LP is taking such a "bring it on" attitude... this is serious business...

Leonard probably isn't worried because he's an attorney, himself. I wouldn't be surprised if he relishes the prospect of having a televised trial with himself in the dual role of Defense Attorney/Defendant. It would undoubtedly make for some unique entertainment. But poor Mr. Kronk. Even if he wins, he'll never see a dime, because a good attorney like LP probably is, will have taken steps to make himself financially "bullet proof"

As to whether or not LP's comments about R Kronk and Lee Anthony are harmless entertainment, rather than inexcuseable slander, that's for each of us to decide for ourselves. To do that fairly, simply ask yourself how you would feel if you, or one of your close family members, somehow became involved in a case that had captured Leonard's attention, and without any evidence, he decided to announce to the world that you were all guilty of collusion, conspiracy, and incest.

I actually know people who wouldn't care, who'd enjoy being the subject of nightly media discussion (even negative discussion), and who'd be shouldering LP aside for their share of the limelight and controversy. In fact, I think LP is one of them. LOL

If I were in LA's or RK's same situation, I would yearn to sue his @ss off, but long before the trial took place, I'd have probably died of outrage and humiliation and impoverishment (due to my legal fees). :bang:

ETA a disclaimer: I truly don't think I'm being biased, however I think it's important to add here that I am closely associated with Tim Miller and TES--in case anyone on this thread doesn't know.

I missed your post before I posted - RK would be the plaintiff. This law firm is WESH's counsel. Personally I think this might be a "nudge" from the lawyer - "RK, I think what LP said is bordering on libel...Due to the intense interest in this case, I bet WESH would be willing to pay for exclusive interviews if this suit is brought..."

FYI that kind of conduct, IF it happened, isn't illegal or unethical - Plaintiff attorney's fish for lawsuits all the time, just look at the TV ads. So I'm not saying WESH did anything wrong per se.

Yep - that's what I think, too. RK was solicited. It's definitely not about little Caylee anymore.

If I were in LA's or RK's same situation, I would yearn to sue his @ss off, but long before the trial took place, I'd have probably died of outrage and humiliation and impoverishment (due to my legal fees). :rolling:

:crazy: Yep, legal representation AINT CHEAP!

He told a tale about "daisy chains".

:crazy:

Oh! Thanks! That ain't so bad. Nah! I don't care if RK was riding a Daisy Chain. If he was then it was a good chain and if he was then he didn't know he was on one. I don't think me lil Paddy (LP) was being mean to RK--ever.

I think RK is a private type person and he isn't used to all this camera stuff:blushing:. He seems like a quite kind of dude. I also think this lawyer of his may be trying to put his mug out there. RK doesn't know which end is up:Banane13:---not being mean here tho. He just strikes me this way. KWIM? He is the type to hold onto a beer:beersign: at a party--watchin what is goin on around him----grinnin:D.

As far as Paddy (LP) on NG. AHHHHHHH they were a team. NG can't bad mouth CA because of the lawsuit she has going and she brought Paddy (LP) in to do it for her. But he does believe in his Daisy Chains. I think there are several Daisy Chains in this mess:puke:.

Paddy (LP) responded to the letter by saying if Kronk wants a legal fight, he should "saddle up:bud:." Please don't :Banane36: me, but I thought this was so funny:floorlaugh:. "Saddle up":bud: :floorlaugh:

I don't think LP's words of Saddle Up are threatning. To me it was said in the same vain you might say, " I won't take my bat and ball and go home. I can go another inning. So if you want to play ball I can hang!

Exactly-----------THANKS

Hey............ Wasn't it suppose to B ~ ~ ALL about CAYLEE ! ! ? ? ?
:waitasec:
Isn't it still suppose to B ~ ~ ALL ABOUT "CAYLEE" ! ! ! ? ? ?
:waitasec:
**** I like Mr. MR = RK ! I'm Proud He made the call and said
" HEY I FOUND SOMETHING ! ! !" people made him doubt himself...
when he had the guts to just KEEP saying " L@@K ! ! !"
Thanks R.K. ! ! !

**** I personally like Mr . L. P. ! ! ! I think he just got involved like
me... and just wants to seek JUSTICE 4 Little Angel CAYLEE ! ! !
THANKS LP for helping to keep on keeping on.....
He has only been repeating "STUFF" told him by "OTHERS ! ! !"

*** IT IS INDEED = ALL ABOUT LITTLE ANGEL CAYLEE ! ! ! !
and
Justice for her early MURDER ! ! !
the KILLER need to pay for what THE KILLER DID ! ! ! !

not what someone else said... that someone else said...
those are just "WORDS"
Little CAYLEE IS DEAD ! ! ! KILLED BY A KILLER !!!! not
a talker !!!

JMO
God Bless!
jjgram

okay, who is RK? Some names in this story are obvious but for some people like myself who pop in once a week to catch up, harder to follow.

TY in advance.

LP lied about Lee being Caylee's bio father and various other horrible lies. He pretended to have inside info from the FBI, that was a lie. Now he is continually defaming RK. He should go home and shut his mouth. There is nothing to be gained from LP. He really likes to be on the TV though, so I'm sure we'll keep hearing from him, he's as trustworthy as JB and GR in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme