RK is considering legal action against LP

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Biting tongue hard.

I have been increasingly disappointed with LP's supposed inside information that consistently turns out to be false. When he slanders people like this, it hurts them and it bothers me that he takes such a cavalier attitude that he would make a comment like "if he wants a legal fight, saddle up." Huh, why so threatening? All this guy did was find Caylee's body. Why should he be demonized?

Excellent post! While I've been accepting of LP's theorizing, I've been highly disappointed in his attacks on the meter reader. Totally uncalled for. If it hadn't been for RK, little Caylee could still be out there in trash bags and scattered throughout the woods. Hooray for RK!

I wonder why Kronk’s attorney isn’t making his complaint to the far deeper-pocketed CNN for allowing LP to make these comments on their air, without making it crystal-clear that they are his opinion only?

CNN is a respected news organization with a reputation to maintain. I think RK would have an easier time booting Padilla off air by coming out publicly against the TV network that is giving him all that time to opine.

Excellent post! While I've been accepting of LP's theorizing, I've been highly disappointed in his attacks on the meter reader. Totally uncalled for. If it hadn't been for RK, little Caylee could still be out there in trash bags and scattered throughout the woods. Hooray for RK!

It may be that his apparent antagonism towards RK is due to sour grapes (chagrin). Wasn't he planning on returning to FL himself after Christmas to stage another 'Econ River Spectacular'?

I wonder why Kronk’s attorney isn’t making his complaint to the far deeper-pocketed CNN for allowing LP to make these comments on their air, without making it crystal-clear that they are his opinion only?

CNN is a respected news organization with a reputation to maintain. I think RK would have an easier time booting Padilla off air by coming out publicly against the TV network that is giving him all that time to opine.

Because at this point he hasn't filed suit, he has filed the equivalent of a cease and desist order. I do agree that CNN should have been copied on it, but something tells me they'll get the message :)

Boring day=Bash lenny day.
His presence keeps things lively for sure.
We do not have all the facts about Kronk yet...
There are so many suspicious twists in this case, aren't there?!

Bolded by me.

IMO, if they were that concerned about their reputation, they wouldn't have shows like NG's on every night with her 'bombshell' sensationalism. Sucking people in and keeping them glued to the TV night after night means big bucks for these media networks. No doubt LP's 'revelations' have helped line their coffers quite handsomely, so I doubt they'd drop a lucrative cash cow without putting up some sort of fight.

I would consider doing the same thing if I were RK. Can you even imagine someone suggesting that you are in some way connected to or colluding with the As? Or, even worse, Casey herself?! If that's not slanderous I don't know what is. :tsktsk:
Let's also not forget that he also stated he thought LE may have known prior to the discovery. LP is an equal opportunity lambaster (don't think that's technically a word, but YKWIM).

Boring day=Bash lenny day.
His presence keeps things lively for sure.
We do not have all the facts about Kronk yet...
There are so many suspicious twists in this case, aren't there?!
You're right. LP hasn't change my opinion of RK.

I know it's easy to think the worst of all lawyers after some of the goings-on in this case, but I think RK's is being pretty reasonable. He talked to LP, who is the main proponent of the theories about RK's involvement, and asked him to stop. He's doing it again, as it sounds like LP is investigating his client to - what? Prove he's imperfect so it will be more believable that he did something wrong in the matter of finding Caylee's remains? RK's attorney may well be communicating with others, too, along the same lines.

I'm not an LP hater - I just don't always agree with him, or think that every one of his choices helps bring justice to Caylee. All the Kronk stuff is just fuel for the desperate defense. It gets frustrating. I don't think RK is anxious to sue. I think he just wants it to stop. I wish LP would spend his time on other stuff right now. Finding Haleigh. Chasing down info on the PI's in this case. Something else productive.

Of course, one hasta recognize the business aspect of having characters on the stage...it puts peeps in the seats and pays the bills.

...that being said...in a completely neutral to Kronk & Padilla-way...this little scene reminds me soooooo much of that Bugs Bunny line....

"eehhhhhhh....sshhhhhuudupp. Shhhuuuhdup, shuttin' up!" :)

...that would the be Cliff notes version of the attorney-speak, IMHO.

I just don't understand why LP is even in this. He charged in determined to get Casey out on bail and he would get the truth out of her, which in his opinion was that it was a complete accident and poor Casey was just scared. Then of course that whole plan failed and now LP comes on TV and gives out his ideas about the case as if they were facts. Why is he even here?

If I were RK, I'd be pretty ticked.

If people didn't eat up what LP says like he's some sort of movie star the shows like NG wouldn't have him on saying things about everyone and their dog. LP has also put blame on quite a few people and I expect the Anthony's to also file a lawsuit against him. LP is actually considered elderly and I hope that whoever is in charge of NG isn't just using him to get some wild stuff out there without having to take the heat themselves. LP definitely doesn't need to get involved with the missing Haleigh case IMO.

Did LP first suggest Kronk was not totally as Kronk appeared in order to justify not paying the $50,000 reward? I know that LP stated on NG that the reward was rescinded prior to Kronk's discovery, but was that true? I hope this is not about that money! :confused:

Did LP first suggest Kronk was not totally as Kronk appeared in order to justify not paying the $50,000 reward? I know that LP stated on NG that the reward was rescinded prior to Kronk's discovery, but was that true? I hope this is not about that money! :confused:

LP's reward was rescinded prior to Kronk finding the body, however LP said he'd be willing to give Kronk a reward IF Kronk would agree to answer LP's questions first. That was after LP alleged that Kronk was not able to accept any rewards.

That reward money was ONLY to be awarded IF whoever found the remains led LP to them. He needed that spotlight. It was NEVER for the person who found them UNLESS LP was the one to lead LE in the right direction.

He rescinded the offer before EquuSearch first arrived on the scene. He went on TV and said Caylee's remains were in the dump and no one would be able to find them, so he pulled his reward money. At a later time however, he would go on TV and say that Tim Miller's EquuSearch would find them. Yet, never reinstated the reward money even though he was admitting the remains likely were not at the dump.

He did go on TV after RK led investigators to those remains, saying he wanted to get RK some reward money (I don't think it was the entire $50 K). As it turns out though, we know RK never got a cent in money from LP. I believe he did get the $5 grand that Mark Nejame offered up.

LP would also go on to put up a reward for $25 grand in the return of Haleigh Cummings, too (little girl missing in Satsuma, Florida). EquuSearch was involved in the actual ground search (something supposedly that LP never participated in even though he was on site). The reward was conditional; expiring almost immediately after it was announced. It was a way to keep old Lenny in the spotlight. EquuSearch was there getting face time after all.

He just doesn't seem to know when to quit:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-kronk-padilla-022309,0,5117766.story

Padilla doesn't understand why it's such a big deal.

It's no secret what he's doing, Padilla told the Orlando Sentinel today.

He's simply looking into the circumstances of how Caylee's remains were found.

"Things just don't add up," he said about how Kronk discovered the remains.

Padilla is convinced the meter reader was tipped off somehow. It's possible, the cowboy said, that Kronk may not know why the tip came to him.

"I'm continuing to get the bottom of it," Padilla said.

Guess what, LP. If there's anything suspicious about Kronk's story, LE will figure it out without your interference. That's their job.

He told a tale about "daisy chains".

:crazy:

He made regular buzzword out of that term.

I looked up "daisy chain" in Wikipedia just for the heck of it. There are a few different meanings. One of them is...er um, yes, well... :silenced:

He just doesn't seem to know when to quit:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-kronk-padilla-022309,0,5117766.story

Padilla doesn't understand why it's such a big deal.

It's no secret what he's doing, Padilla told the Orlando Sentinel today.

He's simply looking into the circumstances of how Caylee's remains were found.

"Things just don't add up," he said about how Kronk discovered the remains.

Padilla is convinced the meter reader was tipped off somehow. It's possible, the cowboy said, that Kronk may not know why the tip came to him.

"I'm continuing to get the bottom of it," Padilla said.

Guess what, LP. If there's anything suspicious about Kronk's story, LE will figure it out without your interference. That's their job.

LE has cleared Kronk... so what authority does LP think he has, in investigating him?

LE has cleared Kronk... so what authority does LP think he has, in investigating him?

The same authority that had him thinking it was his place to try to get the truth out of Casey instead of leaving it to LE?

He made regular buzzword out of that term.

I looked up "daisy chain" in Wikipedia just for the heck of it. There are a few different meanings. One of them is...er um, yes, well... :silenced:

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member