Rob Lowe to play Jeff Ashton in movie

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LIFETIME apparently gave -- or discussed giving -- TWO MILLION $$$$ to Cindy and George for the rights to their story.

Question?
Did Cindy and George already GET the 2 million $$$$$ when they sold the rights to their story to LIFETIME? Did they get the millions up front?
Or, was the Deal only in the talking stages?

Will LIFETIME do a future story from Cindy and George’s perspective?
The public will be outraged if LIFETIME does a movie/story on Cindy and George and their killer daughter!!

Is this 2 million $$$ how Cindy has remodeled their home, took the home out of foreclosure, got new cars, and taken trips, and supports FCA?
Or, the money was used from the Dr. Phil donation to the CAYLEE FUND?

http://drlillianglassbodylanguageblog.wordpress.com/2011/06/03/george-anbd-cindy-anthony-united/
June 3, 2011 [BEFORE the verdict]
excerpt:
"Perhaps the two million dollar payout for the Lifetime movie also helped ease their tensions as well. At least now they won’t have financial worries. Their home will no longer be in foreclosure and they can even afford move away to a more luxurious place in a gated community in order to keep paparazzi at bay. In addition, there will most likely be no Casey to run up any credit card bills since the state will pay for her room, board, and clothing as well as her medical bills as she sits in prison for life or sits on death row in Lowell Penitentiary waiting for appeals and for her final day."

http://amymarie5.hubpages.com/hub/Has-Caseys-Family-Turned-Against-Her
(scroll down to “Life beyond the trial”)
June 13, 2011 [BEFORE the verdict]
excerpt:
"George and Cindy Anthony have sold their story to Lifetime TV for a reported two million dollars. There is also an alleged book deal in the works. The Anthonys have struggled financially for quite some time and their house was in forclosure. Financially, they will be fine, however all the money in the world will not bring back Caylee, nor will it save Casey. Their life is forever changed and that is something they will have to learn to live with."

Article: http://crimegalsblog.wordpress.com/...ory-is-told-on-lifetime-this-saturday-at-8pm/

No way!! As an aspiring screenwriter, I have read the weekly sales for years. Even before this case. From my understanding, their story has not even been optioned. If their story had been sold or optioned, it would be all over the internet. They can not keep something like that a secret.

Almost everything starts out with an option. It gives the Network or the Studio the option to pick up their story. They pay minimal $$$ to option and they usually carry that option for 3 years. IF by 3 years, the Network or Studio has done nothing with that "work" the person can take their "work" somewhere else. "Work" in this sense woud be their "Life Story."

However, I have not read anywhere that they have even been optioned.

ETA: And if they HAD sold their "Life Story" it would have been in the trades! I pay a lot of money to keep an inside look into all sales.

LIFETIME apparently gave -- or discussed giving -- TWO MILLION $$$$ to Cindy and George for the rights to their story.

Question?
Did Cindy and George already GET the 2 million $$$$$ when they sold the rights to their story to LIFETIME? Did they get the millions up front?

The public will be outraged if LIFETIME does a movie/story on Cindy and George and their killer daughter!!

Is this 2 million $$$ how Cindy has remodeled their home, took the home out of foreclosure, got new cars, and taken trips, and supports FCA?

http://drlillianglassbodylanguageblog.wordpress.com/2011/06/03/george-anbd-cindy-anthony-united/
excerpt:
"Perhaps the two million dollar payout for the Lifetime movie also helped ease their tensions as well. At least now they won’t have financial worries. Their home will no longer be in foreclosure and they can even afford move away to a more luxurious place in a gated community in order to keep paparazzi at bay. In addition, there will most likely be no Casey to run up any credit card bills since the state will pay for her room, board, and clothing as well as her medical bills as she sits in prison for life or sits on death row in Lowell Penitentiary waiting for appeals and for her final day."

excerpt:
"George and Cindy Anthony have sold their story to Lifetime TV for a reported two million dollars. There is also an alleged book deal in the works. The Anthonys have struggled financially for quite some time and their house was in forclosure. Financially, they will be fine, however all the money in the world will not bring back Caylee, nor will it save Casey. Their life is forever changed and that is something they will have to learn to live with."

Article: http://crimegalsblog.wordpress.com/...ory-is-told-on-lifetime-this-saturday-at-8pm/

Thanks for your post, even though it sickens me and makes my heart so very sad.

Question?

excerpt:

excerpt:

Dr. Lillian Glass is a joke. Show me the paperwork that shows Lifetime paid C&G $2M.

Dr. Lillian Glass is a joke. Show me the paperwork that shows Lifetime paid C&G $2M.

It is simply not true. I can tell you how it would have been worded had this been true.

"Life Story" of George and Cindy Anthony sells for seven figures to "so and so network-studio." Director/screenwriter not attached.

First of all, it is VERY rare for GREAT screenplays to get a $2M sale. In order to even get into the millions, you have to have a bidding war between studios/networks.

IF this story had been sold for 2M without even a director or screenwriter attached, it would have been HUGE news in Hollywood. HUGE! It just doesn't happen this way.

If a major studio won't spend more than $600,000.00 on a great screenplay that already has the screenplay, director, actors, etc.... a network is not going to spend $2M on a story that has nothing but trouble attached to it.

ETA: IF there was a bidding war... you bet it would have been huge news in Hollywood because bidding wars are RARE!

Hello everyone, long time lurker now on board...
Love all your work!
Does anyone think that there will be actors playing the parts of Cindy and George since they constituted a large part of the evidence.
I would consider paying to go see someone interpret C/A's personality...

Love all your work!
Does anyone think that there will be actors playing the parts of Cindy and George since they constituted a large part of the evidence.

Watch the previews. The A's are in them.

Love all your work!

Here's a list of the cast. They'd really have to transform the actress playing Cindy IMO, but funnier yet is who they have playing Ann Finnell.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2216088/fullcredits

Thank you for that information, I'm on the other side of the world, so I am not familiar with the actors. The Ann Finnell one is priceless though!

Rob Lowe on Casey Anthony trial: Jury got it wrong

Rob Lowe, who plays the Florida prosecutor in the controversial Caylee Anthony murder trial in "Prosecuting Casey Anthony" on Lifetime on January 19th, says that "the jury got it wrong."

http://www.usatoday.com/videos/news...asey-anthony-trial-jury-got-it-wrong/1840433/

LIFETIME MOVIE Jury got it wrong!

Rob Lowe on Casey Anthony trial: Jury got it wrong

Rob Lowe, who plays the Florida prosecutor in the controversial Caylee Anthony murder trial in "Prosecuting Casey Anthony" on Lifetime on January 19th, says that "the jury got it wrong."

http://www.usatoday.com/videos/news...asey-anthony-trial-jury-got-it-wrong/1840433/

rough transcript of video:

Rob Lowe: I was as shocked as I think everybody, you know, when that verdict came down

Ashton character in movie - my money she deliberately killed Caylee, put her body in the trunk, and then drove her around until she could find a place to dump it so she could go and party, which she did.

Rob Lowe: In the movie I play Jeff Ashton, who is the prosecutor who prosecuted the case.
And, you know, this is a guy who devoted 30 years of his life for victims like little Caylee.
He had an almost perfect record of 12 for 12 in death penalty cases like this one.
First guy ever to use DNA to get a conviction
And this was the last case he took, and he lost it!
As I dug in to play this guy I learned a lot about what went on behind the scenes
that made me rethink the case

Frank George character in movie - someone looked up how to make chloroform 84 times
Burdick character - wow
Ashton character - that is a lot of premeditation
Frank George character - first degree

Rob Lowe: And you know what, I'm still as shocked today as I was then that verdict came in
I think clearly, I think the jury got it wrong

Ashton wife character - there's no way you think Caylee drowned Jeff
Ashton character - but it's like all her lies -- just enough plausibility

Rob Lowe: I think that Jeff, again, a guy who has devoted his life to this world, said that in 30 years he had never seen a jury more willing to assume facts favorable to a defendant without any proof than this jury
why? the question is why and we try to answer it in the movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yR-u2zTHEUQ

Oscar Nunez of "The Office" on playing Jose Bae...

Published on May 24, 2012

Oscar Nunez reveals all about playing defense attorney Jose Baez in Lifetime's upcoming film on the Casey Anthony trial.

rough transcript of video:

reporter: I hear you signed on for a Casey Anthony movie for LIFETIME where you will be playing Jose Baez.

Nunez: Oh yeah yeah yeah, Imperfect Justice, that's cool

reporter: I'm curious to know, what about the role really got your interest, got you to sign on for it?

Nunez: Uh, they said yes and they're giving me money, so.
Actually I read the script and I was infuriated that he got her off
This woman ... it's a disaster
... but anyway ...
it's a lawyer part, it's a great part but for me the best part is getting to play opposite of Rob Lowe. I don't know Rob Lowe and I'm a big fan of his so that will be really great

reporter: Are you going to read any bios or speak with him and get any research done by meeting him personally?

Nunez: I don't think so, but he's a lawyer, I don't know how much research ...
you know, I'm not playing his life, I'm playing him in the courtroom
so, I watched a couple of clips, but ... uh .. maybe I will, but I don't know

reporter: Were you familiar with the case when it was going on?

Nunez: I heard what happened and I didn't follow the case cuz I took it for granted that they would throw the book at her and she'd be gone forever.
I just took it for granted, so I didn't follow the case. I had no idea what happened, and it's just messed up. I guess, you know, there is something to be learned, if you want to murder someone go to Florida. Stand your ground and shoot somebody and you'll get off.

reporter: When do you guys start shooting?

Nunez: On that happy note ... no, I don't know ... couple months

Just an FYI, Rob Lowe was on "The Talk" today. I DVRd it but haven't watched yet.

Interview with the actress that played Casey. From what I get, she really doesn't give a hoot about Casey or care to know much about the trial, it was just a role. She dances around the question but basically avoids actually saying Casey is guilty and in self preservation mode.

Actress Virginia Welch Reveals the Secrets to the Playing Controversial role of Casey Anthony - YouTube

I know she is an actress but she might have made a big career mistake by taking this role if she is a good actress.Years ago if Brian Dennehy was in a movie I had to see it. I thought was he was a terrific actor no matter what kind of character he portrayed.That was until the early 1980's and he portrayed John Wayne Gacy and he was so darn good in that movie that I could never watch him in anything again!

It is so nice to see so many names that I have not seen in a while I usually come to Caylee's thread and mostly read the great comments then I start to feel my blood pressure rising and the tears flowing along with the rage but I will be there for Caylee because Jeff Ashtons book really is Caylees story.My hubby does not understand why I will be watching,but like many others I want to be there for Caylee. I still believe he wrote this for her.

Here's a list of the cast. They'd really have to transform the actress playing Cindy IMO, but funnier yet is who they have playing Ann Finnell.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2216088/fullcredits

OMG!!!! Cindys they just have to age but Ann Finnell that just is crazy!Most likely with make up the cast will be decent but come on who did Ann pay off? LOL!:floorlaugh:

I saw a pic of the actress as Casey and I felt that old familiar feeling of discuss and nauseousness same as when I looked at Casey.I am glad Rob Lowe is playing Jeff Ashton at least that feeling is a good one and I would hate to never be able to watch Rob again .

According to my Dish preview guide. Prosecuting Casey Anthony comes on tomorrow night at 8 eastern. After that is Beyond the headlines, C. Anthony. I wonder what that is about? It lasts an hour from 10-11 pm. Eastern time.

OMG!!!! Cindys they just have to age but Ann Finnell that just is crazy!Most likely with make up the cast will be decent but come on who did Ann pay off? LOL!:floorlaugh:

I saw a pic of the actress as Casey and I felt that old familiar feeling of discuss and nauseousness same as when I looked at Casey.I am glad Rob Lowe is playing Jeff Ashton at least that feeling is a good one and I would hate to never be able to watch Rob again .

Rob did a great job playing Drew Peterson..he really captured how disgusting he is..lol. I hope the actress playing FCA has those skills as well!

Seems like they are really glamorizing Cindy ..yuck. Hopefully they use lots of makeup on her to get that hardened Crazy grinch like appearance.:floorlaugh:

It is simply not true. I can tell you how it would have been worded had this been true.

"Life Story" of George and Cindy Anthony sells for seven figures to "so and so network-studio." Director/screenwriter not attached.

First of all, it is VERY rare for GREAT screenplays to get a $2M sale. In order to even get into the millions, you have to have a bidding war between studios/networks.

IF this story had been sold for 2M without even a director or screenwriter attached, it would have been HUGE news in Hollywood. HUGE! It just doesn't happen this way.

If a major studio won't spend more than $600,000.00 on a great screenplay that already has the screenplay, director, actors, etc.... a network is not going to spend $2M on a story that has nothing but trouble attached to it.

ETA: IF there was a bidding war... you bet it would have been huge news in Hollywood because bidding wars are RARE!

IIRC Years ago yes it did go around that lifetime was interested but the letters emails and calls started I believed it was stopped when it was just a rumor because I can remember we were all digging into that info. I have no idea where to look or how but I remember going all crazy on lifetime with the emails,phone calls and letters as many others where doing as well when the rumor was running around the sites. I can remember them releases a memo saying they never were in talks with anyone of the hated ones lol. I believe it was chalked up to Baez behind the rumor.

I'm definitely watching. I don't understand why anybody here wouldn't watch it. Casey's not profiting, and nobody will ever know if you do or don't watch, it's not like you're a Neilson family and you don't have to buy anything the commercial sponsors are selling. I mean, what's the point of not watching? We've all spent 4 years following this case, what's wrong with a little different perspective? Ashton was our hero for four years, he's STILL my hero despite the verdict. And plus, Rob Lowe is extensively easy on the eyes so... you know, there's that.

I guess I don't understand the protest against watching it. It won't amount to anything other than, you haven't seen it. It doesn't accomplish anything. Can someone who refuses to watch it explain to me why they're so adamant about it? I get it if you just aren't interested in Lifetime melodramas, but otherwise, I don't get it.

I feel the same way but I am not sure if emotionally I will be able to keep it on.We feel the same way about FCA as Mr.Ashton does so IMO she will be shown very little kinda just when necessary lol.He wrote this book for Caylee and I am sure it will honor her. I can respect anyone who does not want to watch because it will still be very hard and emotional.I have 8 TV's in my house and 4 computers that all get cable and so does my kindle as long as the movie is the way I expect it to be I will have them all on. I want Jeff to have very high ratings because that will cause a FCA Fisty Fit just as if she watches it ,I suspect FCA fist will be having a fit all night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024