Ron C. #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, this is the natural way a Southern male would address a lady. It's perfectly normal and natural for Southern men addressing a lady formally, whether she was Southern or not. Because she is NOT under his household, he has to address her as MS, and would do so by nature, as Southern upbringing demands. He can address the women in his household as B****, because he OWNS her.

Do we know ANYTHING about RC's employment prior to the job he currently(possibly still) holds? I can't seem to locate that information and if it's been posted somewhere would someone please point me in that direction? I'm looking for June through August'ish.

Originally Posted by jamiect

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18967351/detail.html

Haleigh's Father Hires Lawyer Amid Abuse Allegations
Lawyers Will Coordinate With Police, Media

POSTED: Thursday, March 19, 2009
UPDATED: 1:31 pm EDT March 19, 2009

SATSUMA, Fla. -- The father of a missing Putnam County girl has obtained legal counsel.

According to a news release issued by the personal injury firm, the law office of Kimball & Snider has agreed to represent Ronald Cummings as a pro bono client.

The release refers to Cummings as a victim in need of legal advice.

Originally Posted by jamiect

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18967351/detail.html

Haleigh's Father Hires Lawyer Amid Abuse Allegations
Lawyers Will Coordinate With Police, Media

POSTED: Thursday, March 19, 2009
UPDATED: 1:31 pm EDT March 19, 2009

SATSUMA, Fla. -- The father of a missing Putnam County girl has obtained legal counsel.

According to a news release issued by the personal injury firm, the law office of Kimball & Snider has agreed to represent Ronald Cummings as a pro bono client.

The release refers to Cummings as a victim in need of legal advice.

One should never question the Ronald.

Fellow southerners..........would you also agree that using Miss is most common for younger children and not as common in grown men?

Being an Older Sleuther, back in the day, we were to say Miss/Mrs to anyone older than ourselves to show respect.:)

Just generally, for any of those unfamiliar, I met a man w whom for nearly two years I spent almost every single Sat. (and most Suns.), who so impressed me w his respectful old-fashioned manners that it wasn't until once we were married, and had lived together for several weeks that I found myself having to call 911. I discovered to my shock and horror the sustained veneer had only masked the disturbed, dangerous man beneath. Even flattery is a form of manipulation. This kind of person typically works very hard to create good impressions from a distance, but not many get close enough to really test the real fruit and the few who do will discover the "legion" underneath that smooth, polished facade. Actually I've discovered it's oftentimes the ones who appear inordinately polite and excessively deferential who can be concealing the most vicious, violent true nature. Scary, tell me about it. JMO

:parrot:

I am sorry but I seriously take offense to this! Kiki I really love your posts and find them thought provoking most times but this last one is a doozy. It seems to suggest that men who call women Miss or have southern type manners might be hiding something underneath that is pretty darn ugly and manipulative. Not ALL southern men are that way and for some reason it seems like people are trying to insinuate that men that are that way are hiding something.

I am so so sorry for your experience and it seems as though you were really fooled by this man but I have to put a word in for Southern men here. My hubby who I have been with for 18 years is a southern man and very strict and outspoken in nature. He calls everyone Miss because it is a sign of respect and that is the way his daddy taught him to be. I agree southern men might be a little rougher around the edges but that in no way means "they" are abusers or should be categorized by the way they speak. My husband would be the first man in a long line of southern men to stand up for me against anyone that tried to do me harm, and likewise he would stand up for his daughters if anyone meant to do them harm. my daddy had lot's of legal guns in the home and cleaned them often whenever a suitor came calling, lol. Maybe that is why I ended up marrying a man that knew this to be fact and treated me with the respect and love that I deserve.

Again, I am sorry for your experience and it sounds like something went wrong along the way but in no way should a southern man be labeled or categorized as an abuser just by the way he speaks. I am not taking up for Ronald....I am taking up for a southern man that might be a little rough around the edges and firm but in my opinion doers not mean he is an abuser.:)

No, southern men do not typically refer to their ladies as "b******". That's not the norm.

There are jerks everywhere, not just the south.

This firm has stated they see Ron as a victim and will work for free..hmmmm. The law firm is not representing Misty. Police are to go through attorney now for questions, according to article.

I agree it is a mess but I think its about time he got one. As for Misty I have no idea:waitasec:

IMO, it's because Haleigh went missing on Misty's watch. She was the last person to see her. She's in a whole other legal situation than Ron is at this time. This law firm probably doesn't want to take all of that on pro bono. If it turns out Misty is guilty of something then they could represent Ron against Misty.

I am so amazed at how people are still going on and on and on about the 911 B*tch comment. GMAB! I pray no one hears me if my child or grand ever goes missing...because I will not be responsible for my cuss words, whom I cuss at, or what I will be saying at the time. I may call the dispatcher a B*tch by the end of the phone call and call everyone else B*stards! Who knows how I would react in such a situation...but I can honestly say I would not mean to be "abusive, cruel, or otherwise inconsiderate of others". During a 911 call is one time I believe we have to overlook such language or the lack of proper etiquette. Let it go!! Sheesh!

If we continue to get stuck on those tiny details which mean absolutely NOTHING when it comes to finding out where Haleigh is right now...it is no wonder we are no closer to finding her!! Everyone keeps getting hung up on carp that doesn't matter in the bigger picture. Keep the focus on finding Haleigh and let the rest go!

[/B]

I don't exactly see how this relates to Ron actually. Many have taken great pleasure in expressing how he is verbally abusive on the 911 tape. How rude he's been at times answering question to the media, etc. etc. So to point to one instance where he was civil to someone trying to help him, while maintaining his consistent character (albeit flawed) doesn't seem quite fair to prove he's a scary dude who isn't who he "appears" to be.

Ron, to me, appears to be someone who "is who he is" and he doesn't care what you think or I think. He doesn't seem to have a great ability to project himself in a better light when it would benefit him the most, even if not "true". He doesn't appear have a great "filter" in dealing with people in general and esp. with the media. He rolled his eyes on NG that night, he got frustrated. Yes he tried to be respectful to NG, but I see that as he appreciated her coming to his defense more so than any other national media "star". But he still was very much "himself" warts and all.

I find your description of Ron very interesting. My main question is why does he have his mother with him when he's interviewed? He certainly must care what she thinks of him. Or is she there to guide him with his answers?
Anyone got an idea why his mother is attached to his hip?

Okay, someone explain this to me like I'm a five year old.
Why are there complaints that Crystal's move to show abuse by Ron to the children and possibly start proceedings to gain custody of the children, will delay or harm the search for Haleigh?
Regardless of what the mother and father do or say about each other, does not in my mind, take away from the fact LE is still investigating the disappearance and searching for this little girl. What do you all think, that LE will step away and wait till this family squabble is over before they attemp to solve this crime? I'm sure LE can multi-task.
To me this claim was started by Ron and his family in order to make it seem Crystal is not concerned with finding her daughter. It's just more mud slinging between the two families.
Maybe, I'm wrong. But I really don't see where a custody fight will keep officials from working at finding this missing youngster.
jmo

I find your description of Ron very interesting. My main question is why does he have his mother with him when he's interviewed? He certainly must care what she thinks of him. Or is she there to guide him with his answers?
Anyone got an idea why his mother is attached to his hip?
Seriously..... she even went on his honeymoon.

I am sorry but I seriously take offense to this! Kiki I really love your posts and find them thought provoking most times but this last one is a doozy. It seems to suggest that men who call women Miss or have southern type manners might be hiding something underneath that is pretty darn ugly and manipulative. Not ALL southern men are that way and for some reason it seems like people are trying to insinuate that men that are that way are hiding something.
I am so so sorry for your experience and it seems as though you were really fooled by this man but I have to put a word in for Southern men here. My hubby who I have been with for 18 years is a southern man and very strict and outspoken in nature. He calls everyone Miss because it is a sign of respect and that is the way his daddy taught him to be. I agree southern men might be a little rougher around the edges but that in no way means "they" are abusers or should be categorized by the way they speak. My husband would be the first man in a long line of southern men to stand up for me against anyone that tried to do me harm, and likewise he would stand up for his daughters if anyone meant to do them harm. my daddy had lot's of legal guns in the home and cleaned them often whenever a suitor came calling, lol. Maybe that is why I ended up marrying a man that knew this to be fact and treated me with the respect and love that I deserve.

Again, I am sorry for your experience and it sounds like something went wrong along the way but in no way should a southern man be labeled or categorized as an abuser just by the way he speaks. I am not taking up for Ronald....I am taking up for a southern man that might be a little rough around the edges and firm but in my opinion doers not mean he is an abuser.:)

My post states that I was responding "generally," to those who had equated simply the use of formalized deferential greetings and titles, w a well-mannered "gentleman." I begged to differ and simply shared an observation I'd made. The rest seems to be alot of extrapolating, as I never said anything close to what you heard or somehow took away--that everyone should see this about Ron, nor certainly ever that "behind the manners of all Southern men" lurks "something ugly in hiding..." :confused: I think you have made some quantum leaps here Elle, since what I actually said is I've learned the hard way that flattery, inordinate politeness, excessive deference (and I would add self-deprecating attitudes) can be used by some to disarm, deceive and conceal a darker side, ie a lack of sincere respect, compassion and gentility. I stand by that, and there is a word for this behavior referred to as "grooming." Again I was addressing a few here who took politeness implicitly to be indicative of gentle character. I would no sooner take this alone just on face value to be an indicator of a deceiver than a person of merit. And I made no reference whatsoever to "Southern" men lol and for the record still very much appreciate true gentlemen--consistently well-mannered men w genuinely respectful attitudes toward women--the kind it sounds like you met. :heart: What I don't trust are any people--male or female; northern or southern; who are Dr. Jekyl in public (or is it Mr. Hyde lol) and then morph into someone unrecognizable behind closed doors. Oh, and fyi something didn't "go wrong along the way..." (like a whole two weeks lol). As a wise person once said, "only what's already in the glass can spill out." ;) JMO

:parrot:

Okay, someone explain this to me like I'm a five year old.
Why are there complaints that Crystal's move to show abuse by Ron to the children and possibly start proceedings to gain custody of the children, will delay or harm the search for Haleigh?
Regardless of what the mother and father do or say about each other, does not in my mind, take away from the fact LE is still investigating the disappearance and searching for this little girl. What do you all think, that LE will step away and wait till this family squabble is over before they attemp to solve this crime? I'm sure LE can multi-task.
To me this claim was started by Ron and his family in order to make it seem Crystal is not concerned with finding her daughter. It's just more mud slinging between the two families.
Maybe, I'm wrong. But I really don't see where a custody fight will keep officials from working at finding this missing youngster.
jmo
If LE cannot quickly move past the family in this and she was abducted by a stranger...Haleigh loses. Pretty simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela