Ron C. #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Bern, he was doing odd jobs for a neighbor before he started at PDM in Oct-Nov (I think of 2008). He had just started a construction job (I believe) when he was granted custody in 2005-6 (health benenfits had not kicked in yet on that job). Per the custody docs, he had a job in Mexico for ~ 2 weeks earlier that Fall. IIRC, he has periodically worked for his Aunt Katrina's landscaping company. There you go, I'm sure others can fill in the blanks. Good question, imo. Some of my best friends were made at work.

I doesn't sound like he had a steady or long time at any one job but we don't know what he was doing from 06 to 08 to fill in the blanks. Lately every case that I hear about when solved; the victim know or was connected to the POI. I was shocked at the Sandra Cantu case. Who would have guessed? If she had kept her mouth shut about the bag, who knows if they would have got her? So I am looking at his work places, or her school too.

So, RC had a job in Mexico? I thought he planned a trip to Mexico because he was working in Texas. IIRC

Yep - you're right. Bern - a slight correction. Per the custody hearing docs, Ron had a job in Texas for a couple of weeks. Mexico was a vacation destination.

mck16 - do you know the name of the employer and the town in Texas ?

I doesn't sound like he had a steady or long time at any one job but we don't know what he was doing from 06 to 08 to fill in the blanks. Lately every case that I hear about when solved; the victim know or was connected to the POI. I was shocked at the Sandra Cantu case. Who would have guessed? If she had kept her mouth shut about the bag, who knows if they would have got her? So I am looking at his work places, or her school too.

I believe this is the link to Haleigh's school.

http://bpes.putnamschools.org/

I'm glad it was RC dragging 2 babies on a vacation to Mexico and not me. That had to be difficult to manage, but maybe the border town beaches were nice that time of year. I just can't imagine it really. If he even went....

We've been told that people who work at PDM are subject to random drug testing. I do not have the links handy at the moment, and I'm not going looking tonight. It is posted in some the threads somewhere.

In the beginning days after HaLeigh went missing, we had people calling and emailing PDM like crazy. This is what they were told. I also believe that someone has a relative who works at PDM and was told this same thing. Like I said, I'm not feeling well and not going digging through all the old threads for this info tonight.

That said, had Ron failed a drug test (when applying) - he would not have been hired. Had Ron failed a random drug test - being a crane operator - he'd have gotten fired, don't you think?

Feel free to disagree. ;)
--------------
I have been in the plant manufacturing work all my life and have hired and sometimes fired many contractors and subcontractors. Drug screening is done prehire, for cause (meaning following accidents or incidents at work or for suspicion of drug use due to actions of the employee) and for random testing. You can work for 30 years for a plant and never be random tested for drugs, or you could work for two months and be random tested. The random test is suppose to be just that, random, but I happen to know that the "random" part can be manipulated to cover elderly ladies cleaning the johns if you want it to happen. It can also be manipulated to choose someone that you "might have heard a rumor abour or saw their name in the newspaper concerning suspicious activity", KWIM? It sounds totally incredible that Ron would have been drug screened several times in such a short period. Pardon me but I do not believe this "rumor". He was probably screened for hire and that was that. And....if a legal chain of custody was not used as well as a certified lab for the testing, then he could definitely have "Passed" with no difficulty ie., there are ways to get past a drug screen. In the Industry where I worked, an independent lab was used off sight, water faucets were padlocked closed, urine was checked for tempature, etc. (just in case you brought someone else's donation with you), believe me I have seen some really strange attempts to pass the drug test, including using Mountain Dew for the sample.

The bigger the company, the smaller the chances of getting pulled for a random. I've worked for the same company for over 11 years. NEVER was tested in the first 6 years. Seems like I've gotten pulled every time in the last 5 years (not really, it just seems that way). Most companies have a certain percentage of people to have randoms. There are ways around that too, IF you are tipped off you just call in sick! That would be easy to do since they are running multiple shifts. Say they pull them in the a.m. If you've got a friend, they can let you know and you call in. Happens more than you know!
-----------
I had to laugh when I read your post. Brings back memories. But at my company, if someone laid out the day the drug tests were given, that person just had to be tested as soon as they returned to work.

Yep - you're right. Bern - a slight correction. Per the custody hearing docs, Ron had a job in Texas for a couple of weeks. Mexico was a vacation destination.

mck16 - do you know the name of the employer and the town in Texas ?

I do not know. But, if I recall previous posts he was working for a company that sent him to Texas. The information iirc was that he was in TX and close to Mexico so he thought he would go there. Then there was a post that said his MX visit never happened. I can go back and look and see if I can find out anymore info. It was very early on when the custody transcripts were being discussed. I will see what I can find.

This actually makes sense. If RC was struggling to stay off drugs and yet MC was deep into the drug and sex culture, following her 3 day binge at the very least, I can see why RC was driving like a bat out of hell, with Haleigh in the car, the next morning. Unfortunately, it only makes me fear for her more.
-------------
I can imagine he was a bit on edge. IMO, of course.

I do not know. But, if I recall previous posts he was working for a company that sent him to Texas. The information iirc was that he was in TX and close to Mexico so he thought he would go there. Then there was a post that said his MX visit never happened. I can go back and look and see if I can find out anymore info. It was very early on when the custody transcripts were being discussed. I will see what I can find.

Ok, that sounds more like it too me, because how was he taking care of both kids, if he was living in TX? Does anyone know a date or yr he worked for this co. or name of it? TIA... I appreciate you guys indulging me on this path..

Ok, that sounds more like it too me, because how was he taking care of both kids, if he was living in TX? Does anyone know a date or yr he worked for this co. or name of it? TIA... I appreciate you guys indulging me on this path..

But IIRC, he told the judge he went to Texas and Mexico. Let me check for you, Bern. BRB

ETA: Bern I thought the Custody Hearing Transcript was in the Docs thread - but I'm not finding it. Maybe someone else can provide it to you. I do however remember reading about the trip and wondering what skill set Ron had that would warrant an employer sending him from Florida to Texas for just a couple of weeks.

I did find, on the Magistrates Report and Recommendation, the employer's name for the job he had just started when the Custody Hearing was held (I think in Dec 2005.) It was Superior Construction. When his probationary period expired in February 2006, he would've been able to purchase health insurance thru that company. I don't know whether or not that ever happened.

--------------
I have been in the plant manufacturing work all my life and have hired and sometimes fired many contractors and subcontractors. Drug screening is done prehire, for cause (meaning following accidents or incidents at work or for suspicion of drug use due to actions of the employee) and for random testing. You can work for 30 years for a plant and never be random tested for drugs, or you could work for two months and be random tested. The random test is suppose to be just that, random, but I happen to know that the "random" part can be manipulated to cover elderly ladies cleaning the johns if you want it to happen. It can also be manipulated to choose someone that you "might have heard a rumor abour or saw their name in the newspaper concerning suspicious activity", KWIM? It sounds totally incredible that Ron would have been drug screened several times in such a short period. Pardon me but I do not believe this "rumor". He was probably screened for hire and that was that. And....if a legal chain of custody was not used as well as a certified lab for the testing, then he could definitely have "Passed" with no difficulty ie., there are ways to get past a drug screen. In the Industry where I worked, an independent lab was used off sight, water faucets were padlocked closed, urine was checked for tempature, etc. (just in case you brought someone else's donation with you), believe me I have seen some really strange attempts to pass the drug test, including using Mountain Dew for the sample.

Hi, Lonetraveler. I agree with everything you said. I worked in a halfway house several years ago, for persons just coming out of prison on drug convictions. All of them were on parole and it was a condition of release. Anyway... we caught a woman who had snuck around and got hold of some drugs while there... had to get a urine sample and that was my first time finding out that they can fake it, in the way she did. We were required to stand in the door of the stall and watch her peeing in the cup. Guess what... it wasn't hers! She knew she would have to give a sample so she talked someone else into using theirs, they put it in a small vial with a lid, she put it inside herself and just twisted the lid off... voila! clean sample!! I was shocked. Working there sure opened my eyes!

But IIRC, he told the judge he went to Texas and Mexico. Let me check for you, Bern. BRB

ETA: Bern I thought the Custody Hearing Transcript was in the Docs thread - but I'm not finding it. Maybe someone else can provide it to you. I do however remember reading about the trip and wondering what skill set Ron had that would warrant an employer sending him from Florida to Texas for just a couple of weeks.

I did find, on the Magistrates Report and Recommendation, the employer's name for the job he had just started when the Custody Hearing was held (I think in Dec 2005.) It was Superior Construction. When his probationary period expired in February 2006, he would've been able to purchase health insurance thru that company. I don't know whether or not that ever happened.

Thank you Shaymus,

In his line of work there can be lots of SO that go undetected because there are companies that don't do background checks. I know now most companies do. Even if it is day labor or what ever. But I remember when construction was the job they went for because no one checked your background, if you could use a shovel or pour cement, you were hired. Guys get together after work, get a beer and talk, but you never knew who or what you were telling your business too. I hope LE has gone down this road and checked to see who RC worked for, not just the past 30 days, but someone who knew he was working nights, and Misty may or may not be there.

The Mexico trip is amazing to this native Texan. I've been to both beaches (across the border into Mexico & FL). FL definitely has the prettier beaches!

It seems apparent to me that Ron Cummings has enjoyed an enabling relationship with LE. It must have made Ron and his side of the family very happy that Ron did not have to spend time in jail for his involvement with drugs and win custody of his children over the bio mother. Ron also violated the law by having an intimate relationship with a minor yet he escapes being prosecuted by legally marrying her. Looks like anytime Ron is in trouble with the Law, he finds a solution that is legit but it really does nothing to reform his deviant behavior.

It seems apparent to me that Ron Cummings has enjoyed an enabling relationship with LE. It must have made Ron and his side of the family very happy that Ron did not have to spend time in jail for his involvement with drugs and win custody of his children over the bio mother. Ron also violated the law by having an intimate relationship with a minor yet he escapes being prosecuted by legally marrying her. Looks like anytime Ron is in trouble with the Law, he finds a solution that is legit but it really does nothing to reform his deviant behavior.

Maybe LE know facts that those of us are unaware of. I wouldn't call that enabling him...they are investigating a crime and know things that we don't.

Was Ron arrested on drug charges and then found not guilty or were the charges dropped. Evidentally there wasn't enough evidence or proof to arrest him if LE didn't arrest him.

In reading the paperwork re:custody....it sounds like the judge made the decision to give the kids to Ron. I don't think any custody hearing/decision is taken lightly by any judge. The judge must have made a decision using facts that we aren't aware of.

There are people in this world that want to believe the negative about another person even if they have never met that person. They don't look at facts but they look at facts and rumor and then stir it all up and come up with a lot of negatives about the other person. When Haleigh is found the truth will come out... some folks are in for a severe shock when they find out that Ron didn't have anything to do with her missing. So stir away for the moment.

Maybe LE know facts that those of us are unaware of. I wouldn't call that enabling him...they are investigating a crime and know things that we don't.

Was Ron arrested on drug charges and then found not guilty or were the charges dropped. Evidentally there wasn't enough evidence or proof to arrest him if LE didn't arrest him.

In reading the paperwork re:custody....it sounds like the judge made the decision to give the kids to Ron. I don't think any custody hearing/decision is taken lightly by any judge. The judge must have made a decision using facts that we aren't aware of.

There are people in this world that want to believe the negative about another person even if they have never met that person. They don't look at facts but they look at facts and rumor and then stir it all up and come up with a lot of negatives about the other person. When Haleigh is found the truth will come out... some folks are in for a severe shock when they find out that Ron didn't have anything to do with her missing. So stir away for the moment.

BBM

Is the statement above your opinion, or do you have some facts that others of us are not privy to ?

If the judge knew facts that wasn't put in writing, that would not be a fair decision. That would mean the other side was at a total disadvantage and had no argue points and no possible reason for a good outcome on appeal, since he had facts not disclosed. I don't think Judges can do this. They must abide by the law and not possess facts that have not been disclosed to both parties.

The entire county must be as guilty as Ronald for having such an "enabling" relationship with LE there. People can pull up case after case in Putnum county to find many, many more who have such a "relationship". Ronald was not singled out as "special".

Yep, the county LE sure does not like to prosecute druggies there. Maybe there are too many and they don't have enough cells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d2xresearcher