Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sure is.

I absolutely believe that Crystal knew the implications of receiving a letter stating she was being taken to court for contempt for failure to pay child support. I also believe she knew she had not paid Ron any of the Court Ordered support since it was ordered in December of 2005.

People complain about Ron's "work history", which we really are not privy to, yet Ron has supported the children by himself since he got custody without help from their mother. The kids always looked clean, well dressed, well fed, happy and loved. I'd say Ron was doing a good job with Junior and HaLeigh. :)

I had to do a double and triple take on this case in the beginning because I simply didn't know what to think. After I studied it and carefully went back over everything we had available to us...I could not find anything to make me believe there was evidence to lead me to the conclusion they were involved in any way.

Some of it is just gut feeling and some is lack of any logical reason *in my mind* for them to have gained a single thing by Haleigh going missing. There is no proof that I can find of their involvement. There is nothing pointing me in their direction at all. I do not see them covering for one another either.

I think Haleigh was abducted from her bed by someone else. I further believe Rj and Misty were asleep in the next bed. And I know Ronald was at work as has been stated many times. I believe it happened between the hours of midnight and 2:45 am (MY OPINION).

I have overwhelming sympathy for this family at the loss of their beloved Haleigh and the way they have been attacked during this ordeal by the other side of her family. It is, IMO, shameful. These people are victims as much as Haleigh on several fronts, IMO.

I respect that SS. I know that we are not in the theory thread so I'll be brief....In the beginning I believed that Misty had most likely ...um..gotten heavy handed in her discipline and gone too far...and imo that may still be the case...but now I'm leaning a little more towards Ron possibly being the heavy handed one. Many reasons for feeling this way, after much thought and careful consideration also, but I'm in the wrong thread and it's WAY past bedtime tonight, lol. Another time, another place SS! Nite All...

I respect that SS. I know that we are not in the theory thread so I'll be brief....In the beginning I believed that Misty had most likely ...um..gotten heavy handed in her discipline and gone too far...and imo that may still be the case...but now I'm leaning a little more towards Ron possibly being the heavy handed one. Many reasons for feeling this way, after much thought and careful consideration also, but I'm in the wrong thread and it's WAY past bedtime tonight, lol. Another time, another place SS! Nite All...

Nite! We are all united in that each night we hope and pray for a glimmer of good news about this special little girl we have come to care about so much.

You are exactly correct the subject and focus should of been on what happened to Haleigh. However Crystal and her attorney chose to take the focus off of Haleigh. When they began to take the focus off of Haleigh and accuse RC of all these things and trying to get JR from him, that is when people started going wow could Haleigh have gone missing because of custody issue.

Let's understand something speaking of WOW moments, here it is. Ron was asked on 2/11 why he got custody. This is where the custody issue was broken to the press.

YouTube - Greta 2/11/09 Part 2

ETA - This was filmed on 2/11, one day after her disappearance.

Let's understand something speaking of WOW moments, here it is. Ron was asked on 2/12 why he got custody. This is where the custody issue was broken to the press.

I wondered where you went. Had a mission did ya? LOL
He was asked.
The point of custody is not who brought it up but why did Ron have custody. Why did Crystal not pay her childsupport and why would she even think that her actions and nonpayment in the past would be overlooked by a future Judge in any future custody battle. The fact that Haleigh has been abducted and this mother has exploited that for her own personal gain is such an overwhelming act of Maternal instinct that I want to puke.

Let's understand something speaking of WOW moments, here it is. Ron was asked on 2/12 why he got custody. This is where the custody issue was broken to the press.
Thank you for posting this - I hadn't seen this particular one. It realy does make the pain and confussion suffered by both parents very real. I'm surprised that Greta addressed the custody issue so blatantly, but both parents handled it very well. They were united in their concern back then....until their parents and the lawyers wedged between them. Perhaps if that hadn't happened, there would have been more cooperation in this case and it would have been already solved.

I agree ... the only diversion was on forums.

The discussion of Custody has nothing to do with the way LE deals with the case. Ron had custody. period. CS is worried about JR, simple as that. Since there is little news, people get hyperfocused on an emotional issue.

Where is Haleigh? Why did the LE search the area on hwy 17 near Crescent City? There has to be a reason...nothing discussed.

Published: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 at 6:30 a.m.
Last Modified: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 at 11:39 p.m.

Officers also said they had no reports of a custody issue between the child’s father and mother.

~snip~

The child’s father, Ronald Cummings, 24, broke down in tears on a neighbor’s lawn Tuesday and said someone had taken his child. The girl’s mother, Crystal Sheffield, 23, held a picture of her daughter and cried with him.

http://www.ocala.com/article/200902...le=Haleigh-investigators-We-assume-abduction-

BBM

It is very hard to take newspaper reports as hard fact...yet we do!

I didn't see CS crying...I saw her comforting RC.

AND TN made sure the custody issue was raised...at every opportunity. From the moment she arrived and made the call to CS. She mentioned it at every interaview she could, often interuppting to make sure ALL new RC has custody and never married CS. She also made sure people knew what a wonderful mother M was to her babies....implying much better than CS...she was on a mission. I see TN as being more of a promotor of the distance than RC or CS. If she didn't speak about them, we might have all come to a different conclusion about them as parents.

Sure is a WOW moment RC was asked why he had custody he answered without slamming Crystal. He also tried to keep it off that topic and said this is about a missing 5 yr old girl. So yes I can express horror, that while Haleigh was missing Crystal, Marie, and KP went on tv claiming abuse and drugs. There was no reason if the true concern was RJ safety that these things were stated on national tv, a complaint could of been filed and the focus remain on Haleigh.

Marie knew exactly what she had done or she would not of made this statement 2/14

Maternal grandmother Marie Griffis had criticized Haleigh’s father, Ronald Cummings, and Cummings’ girlfriend, Misty Croslin, earlier in the week during a TV interview — creating a rift.

But on Saturday, Griffis apologized for her comments.

“I’m too old to be criticizing the two, because they’re still babies,” she said, referring to 25-year-old Cummings and 17-year-old Croslin. “I feel maybe I’ve done some damage to Misty’s heart, and I can’t live with myself for doing that.

“The Lord knows that I want to apologize ... and I want to do it face to face,” Griffis said.
http://www.gainesville.com/article/...40964?Title=Updates-on-the-search-for-Haleigh

We will just have to agree to disagree.

Let's understand something speaking of WOW moments, here it is. Ron was asked on 2/11 why he got custody. This is where the custody issue was broken to the press.

ETA - This was filmed on 2/11, one day after her disappearance.

As the defendant in the matter, subject to Contempt charges which could potentially land her in jail, it is my understand that Crystal would have been served these papers. Ron, since he is not the defendant, and only an interested party in the matter, would have received his copy via "snail mail". Ron, more likely than not, received his copy later than Crystal. Am I stating that as a fact though, no.

Ron stated in an interview that he received his copy the date before HaLeigh went missing. (February 9th).

I will be the first to admit that I am no expert on civil law procedure, but didn't the civil court docket have the date of the motion for contempt listed as 2/10? That would be the date the motion was filed with the court, which would necessarily be before the summons would be issued, right?

Any idea to which media outlet Ron stated this info about receiving his copy of the letter before the 9th? I don't need a link, just some idea about where to look and around what date it aired or was published. TIA.

I think it is on this thread but if you keep reading tonight posted was a link to the article showing it was dated Feb 3rd and also a couple pictures of the document showing Feb 3rd was the issue date. I think the 2/10 is just the date the docket system got updated.

I will be the first to admit that I am no expert on civil law procedure, but didn't the civil court docket have the date of the motion for contempt listed as 2/10? That would be the date the motion was filed with the court, which would necessarily be before the summons would be issued, right?

Any idea to which media outlet Ron stated this info about receiving his copy of the letter before the 9th? I don't need a link, just some idea about where to look and around what date it aired or was published. TIA.

2/10 is simply the date it got added onto the Court docket. The DOR filed the Contempt charges on 2/3. Busylady posted a link to an article earlier, and I posted an actual screenshot of the contempt paperwork earlier in the thread. The paperwork is dated 2/3/09.

I don't remember off the top of my head where Ron made the statement about receiving his letter in the mail on the 9th. I simply remember that he was not happy about the timing of it with HaLeigh being missing, and there was a mention of Crystal not wanting to comment on the topic. Perhaps someone else will have a link handy. Otherwise, I'll look for it tomorrow. It's 3:30 a.m., I'm not going link hunting right now. Sorry.

[/B]

bbm`
I don't buy alot of things as being a mere coincidence either :confused:.....that's a HUGE reason so many of us believe that Ron and/or Misty are involved in some way or another. I don't even post much anymore, because it seems IMVHO that some are more focused being right than finding out what REALLY happened to H A L E I G H.

also...IMVHO and FWIW :crazy: I just do not see Crystal OR anyone in her family spiriting this child away to avoid going to jail...WHO says she would even go to jail??? and she STILL would be responsible for child support...what in the name of Heaven would that accomplish? Really? He!!, the drug dealers don't even serve any time..
With all sincerity, I respect your opinion and your right to it, but, I can't comprehend it and absolutely disagree. just my :twocents: of course..and mvvvvvho.

Ron said himself in the very beginning that this disappearance had nothing to do with custody. Some seem to believe every word out of his mouth, so why not believe that? Crystal had not pushed for custody before this happened, and her lawyer still has not filed for custody, so why is that such an issue?
If this is what is holding up the investigation, then I think their agency needs a serious overhaul. This is a complicated case, for certain, but it is not the worst one ever, by far.

Let's see if we can try this thread again and keep it solely on Ron.

I highly suggest putting the snarky remarks back and forth out of this thread as well as other threads in the Haleigh Forum. If WSers are unable to stop the back and forth combat in this thread or other Haleigh threads, then TO's will be given without hesitation.

A precious child is missing and this should be the main focus. I don't understand WHY "Where Is Haleigh" brings out the worst in people, rather then everyone uniting to keep Haleigh the main focus, rather then her family being targets for back and forth bashing in public.

We all have different theories, we all have concerns of who is or isn't involved. What we feel is our own opinions and no one should be judged for their own opinion.

I hope Haleigh is found alive and returned to her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member