Ron & Misty Married 2009.3.12 ~ appeared on the "Today Show" 2009.03.13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you have inconsistencies in your stories. That was the question she didnt have an answer to...she looked at Ron like she expected him to help her answer. Ron also said he thought the man in black was a Crystle/Geraldo story, he didnt seem to believe Ron Jr said it, and said he didnt say it to them...

Yes, she DID look to Ron ... like .. uhmmmmmmm help me OUT here!

I didn't realize you were ALLOWED to walk out???
Yep, unless you are arrested, mirandized and charged you are free to go. Remember in the "other" case - in all the interviews LE states on the record that whoever is being questioned is doing so voluntarily and is free to leave.

I didn't realize you were ALLOWED to walk out???

Me neither, we are getting some good tips on how to act if we ever get arrested. Seriously I think if they have not charged you and aren't prepared to charge you you don't have to stay and answer questions. (Brenda Lee Johnson from the Closer)

FWIW, here was an observation from my 2 teens who watched this interview. They know my fascination with crime, from Trenton to Caylee, and they aren't that familiar with the Haleigh case, but I got them to stop long enough to watch most of it. My 17 yo daughter said.....and this was just her take..."they just look poor and dumb. I feel sorry for them, even if they had something to do with it I feel sorry for them." I asked about body language - she didn't see anything, and when I said they were on there getting money and making some instead of searching, she (my daughter) replies, they are getting attention to the case. DD said its not that hard to stay at home and take care of 2 kids, and re: the 911 call I gave a quick replay to her...dd replied, wouldn't you be mad? Wouldnt you be po'ed and calling me names if I lost ____ (my youngest is 7). My 15yo son also said...you can't expect people to be searching 24/7 and sittting around crying. They are bringing attention to the case. He didn't think RC's drug charges were anything to be concerned with either.

UH....I do!! I know they are just my teens, but dd wants to be a psych major and reads people pretty well. She didn't pick up anything from Misty. She feels sorry for them. Okay...thanks for reading my rambling.
(and note...I don't mean to demean R &M by the "poor and dumb" comments. It was DD observation. And she wasn't laughing when she said it either.)

I can't watch either but the more this goes on the more those blankets seem to be the key. Once they know what's been going on with the blankets they've cracked the case. It already seemed odd in the video interview of Misty, close to the beginning of the case, when she was asked what happened that night and she went on and on about blankets which seemed to have no bearing on the disappearance at all (I believe that's called extraneous information) but if the blanket wasn't in the van why did she say so? Or could it be that she just took "possession" of the blanket that used to hang as a curtain when she decided to wash it for her own use and is now referring to it as her blanket because that's what she used that night?

In Sparkling Cyanide by Christie this sort of thing led to the solution ;)

I agree that the blankets are key. Particularly the usual sleeping blanket.

She says, "My blanket was in the van that they took." She says she had to wash the blanket hanging on the window so that she herself could use it for sleeping.

If she needed to wash the blanket hanging on the window before she slept with it, it must not have been used for sleeping for some time. Which means the blanket normally used for sleeping had to have been on the bed the last time the bed was slept in (the night before?).

The blanket had to have been put in the van sometime between the previous evening and bedtime.

Why was the blanket put in the van?

This is a serious question, not meant to insult....Does Misty know what the word 'inconsistencies' means? (do you think?)

Yes, but she also worded it this way:

"Why would you say one thing the first time, then say another"?

So, Misty should have understood that .... and by the LONG pause, looking at Ron and saying "I don't know", I believe she did.

I'm still hoping against hope that this baby is still alive. I like the theory that this father and girlfriend were sitting at home watching the Caylee coverage and realized how much money this would generate. I mean this is a man that was so abusive to his girlfriend when he finds out his daughter is missing, then he proceeds to marry her while the child is still missing. That is a total change. Then they are doing so much, getting married, talking about buying a house. Almost like they need to hurry up and milk the situation for what they can get. I just hope that Haleigh is mysteriously dropped off in the middle of the night, unharmed.
Yep, I think I will hold on to that for now.

nnglas, I have thought that Ronald and Misty have done just that. Of course, they would have to arrange for someone they really trusted to take Haleigh while Ronald was at work. I have never thought that this was an abduction. and was a hoax done for money and notariety. JMO.

Me neither, we are getting some good tips on how to act if we ever get arrested. Seriously I think if they have not charged you and aren't prepared to charge you you don't have to stay and answer questions. (Brenda Lee Johnson from the Closer)

I love that show, sorry for the OT. lol. :cool:

IMO and ONLY MY OPINION - there was a lot of deceptive body language signs in that whole thing. RC with his "chin thrusts" and a whole lot of looking down and left. MC looking to RC for answers about HER being inconsistent with her stories. The deal with MC walking out of an "interview" because a "new" LE guy was being rude to her, calling her a liar (or accusing her of lying). Then RC going on to accuse CS and GR (not that that whole deal was a "good thing"). Also did anyone catch when MC was talking about the "blankets" - she first said that she was washing HER blanket - but then corrected herself and just said blankets. IMO that blanket is the key - wonder which one is missing - find that blanket and you can almost solve all this. Just like "that other" case with the winnie the pooh blanket. hhhmmmm.........

From what we saw of the "wedding" it looked to me like RC was not the least been "celebratory". I didn't see him smiling or laughing. Nope, he certainly didn't look like "the happy groom" should on his wedding day.

She looked like a child, looking to her 'brother' for help.

Misty had a slip with the blanket story again when Meredith asked her to explain once and for all her story to clear up inconsistencies, she said "I washed my blanket---our blankets, and I covered up haleigh with hers AT 8:00, and I went to bed at 10:00, I went to use the bathroom at three, saw kitcken light on, went to the bedroom TO GET MY CELLPHONE TO CALL RON, and he was in the drive..She STILL cant get the blanket story straight.

I sure wish Meridith would have asked her 'which' bathroom she went to use.

Oh...one other comment I have before I head off to work. It was said during the Today show interview that the wedding is what Haleigh would have wanted. I can't help but think real hard about that ....... maybe Haleigh stood in Misty's way of that wedding. Or maybe not. Its just difficult to figure out what the heck happened when a child vanishes in the middle of the night and no trace. We know where this road usually leads........

I would love to hear what a body language expert would say about them on the Today Show. Ron has no expression what-so-ever.....very monitone....doesn't look up...and Misty acts like she's afraid to answer anything....she stumbles on her words....and the two together didn't embrace or touch once that I noticed.

I tell ya! Have LE bug their hotel room!!!:furious:

One last last last thing.....Misty did look pretty and different in her wedding dress, I think. She just looks so dang young otherwise, sitting there next to Ron on the today show couch,. Like she's 13.

We finally got to see it here in Texas. Whew.

Did anyone else catch the email explanation they showed from the church about why they didn't let them wed there? "We do not approve of (or support?) this union."

I can't remember which word they used, but dang, they didn't beat around the bush, did they? :eek:

I can't watch either but the more this goes on the more those blankets seem to be the key. Once they know what's been going on with the blankets they've cracked the case. It already seemed odd in the video interview of Misty, close to the beginning of the case, when she was asked what happened that night and she went on and on about blankets which seemed to have no bearing on the disappearance at all (I believe that's called extraneous information) but if the blanket wasn't in the van why did she say so? Or could it be that she just took "possession" of the blanket that used to hang as a curtain when she decided to wash it for her own use and is now referring to it as her blanket because that's what she used that night?

In Sparkling Cyanide by Christie this sort of thing led to the solution ;)

Because ONE is missing? Either with her 'body' ... or with her alive?

So she needs to 'account' for it?

We finally got to see it here in Texas. Whew.

Did anyone else catch the email explanation they showed from the church about why they didn't let them wed there? "We do not approve of (or support?) this union."

I can't remember which word they used, but dang, they didn't beat around the bush, did they? :eek:

email said they don't "agree" with this union

Yep, unless you are arrested, mirandized and charged you are free to go. Remember in the "other" case - in all the interviews LE states on the record that whoever is being questioned is doing so voluntarily and is free to leave.

Thanks
icon_smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads