Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to ask a question:

The court records on Ronald state "Letter from Annette Sykes" I have never heard of this before. Does anyone have a clue what she could write in Ronald's defense that would help him in anyway? Is this letter writing something that is normally done?

I could see writing a letter if you were the victim of a crime but this?

I am sure it probably says he was not himself and has not been himself since his daughter was taken, etc.

I do think Ronald thinks hes entitled to 15 years, because thats what Hope got. I do think that Ronald was offered 25, but could he be so arrogant to really take this to trial, I mean does Ronald find this 25 years unacceptable?

I do think Ron thinks he is going to be able to woo and sway a jury. I think this is going to be very interesting. jmo

I just hope we know tomorrow what will happen but feel like we won't.

If Ron was on the stand and brought up Haleigh as an excuse, that gives the prosecution the right to ask him all about it...that would be interesting to hear, all kind of perjury would be happening.

I feel as nervous as if I were the one going to court tomorrow...:(

I know, I laugh too, but what if it really happens? I mean we have to brace for that possibility because tomorrow is his trial day!!!! It is a jury trial, so there could be a day of picking jurors, does anyone know?

What would be even funnier is if Geraldo was called in as a witness for the prosecution to testify about his "upfront and personal" interview with Ronald about drugs................:dance:

The state ought to call Cobra as a witness.

<grin>

Who does the sentencing, the Judge or the Jury? If the jury finds him guilty, do they also pick his sentence?

Who does the sentencing, the Judge or the Jury? If the jury finds him guilty, do they also pick his sentence?

If Ronald goes to trial and the jury convicts, the judge will sentence him. That is usually at a later date.

I want to ask a question:

The court records on Ronald state "Letter from Annette Sykes" I have never heard of this before. Does anyone have a clue what she could write in Ronald's defense that would help him in anyway? Is this letter writing something that is normally done?

I could see writing a letter if you were the victim of a crime but this?

Yes, it is done. Basically, a family member or friend will write a letter explaining why they think the accused should be exonerated or given a lighter sentence. The inmate who is savvy ask this of his family and friends.

Some judges do consider it. I don't know how this judge can because florida has a mandatory minimum......so there will be no exoneration. I think what GMA has asked (besides exoneration) is to give rc the least amount of time possible. She will be talking about the murder of his daughter, possilbe his mental problems, etc.

I have read these in the past as they become part of the permanent record.

Whisp, I wish I felt that positive about Ron serving at least the minimum.......

LT, I don't know what choice there is. I don't think the judge can do better than mandatory minimum based on whatever charges are left after the plea.

He has x2 = 25 yrs each
he has x3 = 15 yrs each.

How is it possible to erase all five? He's going down!

LT, I don't know what choice there is. I don't think the judge can do better than mandatory minimum based on whatever charges are left after the plea.

He has x2 = 25 yrs each
he has x3 = 15 yrs each.

How is it possible to erase all five? He's going down!

My prediction, Ron will get 40 years.

That's quite a prediction Chablis! You are very optimistic..I like that!

:deal:

RC and Shoemaker should be planning their next move. If he pleads out tomorrow, I wonder if the judge will sentence him right there.:waitasec: I hope so. No more delays..

My prediction is a lot less...maybe even the 15 he was shooting for. maybe 16, just to keep it more than Hope.

I really cant even see a way that is going to happen. Why would they drop the 25 minimum charges? What legit reason is there for them to do that? Hope said Ron said the state offered him 25 years, to me it shows they dropped a 25 year charge, and 3 15 year charges and offered him the 25 for one charge, and he just isnt really that appreciative of that, it seems.

Hopefully Ron gets a nice sleep tonight and wakes up and realizes what a good deal 25 years really is. That is IF Ron was telling the truth about the state offering him that.

Its quite a gamble for him to take his chances with all the evidence against him, I will say that.

jmo

I hope that Ron will get atleast 25 years, anything less would be a huge injustice. Everyone is watching, so I doubt there will be any more sweet deals.

They will not bring up Haleigh in open court, imo. You can bet GMA has that covered in her letter to the judge.

Doubt this will move to trial. The State will probably drop some charges to get him to plea. I bet they're willing to go for 25 years. Shoemaker is holding out for 15 years. It should be interesting. It is up to the State to make the call....we'll see.

bbm

Forgive me; I have an acronym/initials deficit :-) (I take it GMA is grandma Sykes?)

As far as his plea and all his other.... undertakings, I cant help but look at TN and Grandmother Sykes and shake my head.

Yes, once a child is an adult they do what they do, but one does not have to rescue them time after time from consequences of the circumstances and choices that the adult son or daughter make. sheesh on a stick.

moo

Yes, it is done. Basically, a family member or friend will write a letter explaining why they think the accused should be exonerated or given a lighter sentence. The inmate who is savvy ask this of his family and friends.

Some judges do consider it. I don't know how this judge can because florida has a mandatory minimum......so there will be no exoneration. I think what GMA has asked (besides exoneration) is to give rc the least amount of time possible. She will be talking about the murder of his daughter, possilbe his mental problems, etc.

I have read these in the past as they become part of the permanent record.

As far as a plea or anything else related in that vein, well, Im no leader of the Ron parade, but if the man had a mental illness or an addiction I would be the first to have compassion.

What irks me no end is his attitude about Haleigh; and it wasnt one isolated incident of bad behavior on an isolated, "bad day." (Everyone has a bad day and says inappropriate things now and then. He had many with a "cant-be-bothered" attitude and they're documented on tape.)

That video of him outside the tatt parlor still turns my stomach.. for one.

moo

:behindbar:

It is now 0 days, 17 hours, until Monday, July 19, 2010 and Ronald Cummings to appear at Putnam County Courthouse.

What time is court for our Ronald?
Since I'm in AZ, I think that means I have to get up early, huh? Like before 6 a.m. if his proceedings begin at 9 a.m. EST.
I'll be there via computer links, Rockstar Mocha drink and a few cigs at my side. I'll be the one in the pink nightgown and the fuzzy slippers.
See you all there!

ROFL...reading your post AZ...made me think of my siggy photo...that's me...seriously most mornings! *snickersnort*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleutherson90