Rons Impending Plea

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be against the law to take your charge(s) all the way through a trial then plead out!
What a waste of time and money!
I wish the continuance to the last plea date granted was more clear-why would that be continued and not the trial? Would that push the last plea date back to the trial date?
So confusing, nothing involving these people can be simple!
Whisp, pass me a cold one (or two, or three...) please!!

:drink: Keep the beer cold....we are getting closer to Judgement Day.

:Justice:

:drink: Keep the beer cold....we are getting closer to Judgement Day.

:Justice:

Thanks, and laughter, laughter, laughter. Not only are you a brilliant sleuther you are so funny. You make my "life" here so enjoyable.

So Monday is the day of trial or the plea? Oh please, let this be done with and have him sentenced. They maybe if somehow Misty is not as guilty as RC in Haleigh's death, she will feel safe enough to tell what she knows.

Trial Date 7/19/2010

I think RC is a great big coward and won't dare face a trial where he won't know the outcome and can't control it.

So Monday is the day of trial or the plea? Oh please, let this be done with and have him sentenced. They maybe if somehow Misty is not as guilty as RC in Haleigh's death, she will feel safe enough to tell what she knows.

Never thought about it like that before!

I think RC is a great big coward and won't dare face a trial where he won't know the outcome and can't control it.

Oh yes, I sooooooo agree with you. I don't know what happened in his life that made him this way, however he really is a total coward.

Poor little Haleigh. I know she's dead, I just pray she never felt any pain. That's all I care about - that she didn't feel any pain. Oh, and also, that the crud that killed her, covered it up be put to death. But that's just me.

I think hes taking this to trial, I truly beleive he is hoping he can explain to a jury why he was doing all of this, and I suspect the reason will be his daughter was taken and messed him up. Isnt tomorrow the last day for a plea?

Whisperer;5406595]What are the chances of rc's trial starting on Monday?

Well, I have the date cleared as well as the rest of the week. Plan to attend if it happens. I'm not sure it will either?

Please be the eyes and ears for us WS'ers who can't be there! Thanks!

The way it looks to me (and I am no legal expert), is that a plea was not made/accepted and Ronald's Jury Trial will start July 19, 2010. Seems as if they asked for a continuance and the judge denied it as well. Ronald must of not had anything of value IMO for a plea. All talk from his attorney IMO. I wish the media would take more interest in his JURY TRIAL and live stream it. I don't understand why most of the media outlets will go out of their way to live stream Casey Anthony's hearings. I know this is about Haleigh's family/caretakers but still. At least live stream Ronald and Misty's hearings. I am still shocked that LE has not arrested anyone in the Haleigh case. I was so confident after all these drug arrest that someone would be charged and yet nothing. So sad...I will never forget little Haleigh, she will forever be in my prayers.

2010.07.19 JURY TRIAL RONALD L. CUMMINGS (PLEA DAY 07/09/2010)
Judge: TERRY J LARUE
Case Status: TRIAL
Defense Atty: SHOEMAKER, TERRY J
Case File Location: CRIMINAL DIVISION

Defendant: CUMMINGS, RONALD LEMYLES

05/13/2010 39 STATE AND DEFENSE ANNOUNCED READY FOR TRIAL

05/13/2010 39 CASE SET FOR JURY TRIAL 07/19/2010

05/13/2010 40 ORDER SETTING TRIAL DATE 07/19/2010 AND LAST CHANCE

05/13/2010 40 PLEA DAY 07/09/2010

05/21/2010 41 NOTICE TO DEFENDANT (07-19-2010) IN JAIL

05/21/2010 42 NOTICE TO ATTORNEY (07-19-2010)

05/28/2010 43 LETTER FROM ANNETTE SYKES

06/15/2010 44 SUPPLEMENTAL DISCOVERY / WITNESS LIST

06/28/2010 45 MOTION FOR CONTINUANCE

07/01/2010 46 ORDER DENYING MOTION FOR CONTINUNANCE TRIAL DATE AND
07/01/2010 46 GRANTING AS TO LAST CHANCE PLEA DATE

"Snip" http://www.putnam-fl.com/clk_apps/ext_app_sec/public_menu.php

http://www.putnam-fl.com/clk_apps/crim_dkts/frame.php

542010CF000144XXAXMX 01/21/2010
Alias: No Alias Records

542010CF000145XXAXMX 01/21/2010

542010CF000146XXAXMX 01/21/2010

542010CF000253XXAXMX 02/03/2010

542010CF000254XXAXMX 02/03/2010

I called the Putnam County Clerk of the Court late this afternoon. Ronalds trial is scheduled to start at 9am, Monday, 7/19/2010. The lady told me that does not mean it will start exactly at that time or ? Guess I will find out on Monday.

I called the Putnam County Clerk of the Court late this afternoon. Ronalds trial is scheduled to start at 9am, Monday, 7/19/2010. The lady told me that does not mean it will start exactly at that time or ? Guess I will find out on Monday.

Wow Ksh, thanks for that update. Do you really think it's going to happen? Are you going to be there? Can you get in?

Why do I feel Ron's lawyer is going to pull something at the last minute?

Usually I look forward to the weekend and dread Mondays, however, at this point I want Monday to come so very quickly. OMG!

Also, KSH you will report back to us won't you. And where is Ger?

Can't wait till monday!! Hope the judge throws the book at Ole RC.

Trial set for Monday. He can plea "Guilty" or "Nolo" before the trial gets underway. Sentencing date will be set for a later time.

If he continues with his "Not Guilty" plea, trial will continue.

Looks like no plea deal has been arranged. Oops! Ball is in RC's court, "Guilty", "Nolo" or continue with "Not Guilty" and stand trial. Sentencing date will be set for a later date.

How can it be postponed or continued? Illness of judge, RC, RC's attorney, emergency in the courtroom, you name it.

I guess we won't know for sure until Monday. :waitasec: Looks like the Army - hurry up and wait.

Is there a Jury ready to proceed? State and Shoemaker said they were ready to proceed months ago.....I bet the State is, just don't think Shoemaker is..er..not w/o another delay.

Hoping for the best though...sometimes it's tough.

......57 hours to countdown.

I hope they have generators for the courthouse in case the AC breaks down. I want nothing to stall this, not even for one more day.

I hope they have generators for the courthouse in case the AC breaks down. I want nothing to stall this, not even for one more day.

Yes, me too, not even the defendent falling down on his way to court and getting a boo-boo. (sorry, I couldn't help it, lol) :innocent:

I think hes taking this to trial, I truly beleive he is hoping he can explain to a jury why he was doing all of this, and I suspect the reason will be his daughter was taken and messed him up. Isnt tomorrow the last day for a plea?

I just don't think Ron will take this to trial. Even if they take it so far as to begin picking a jury. It's like a game of chicken and Ron knows he's the one that's going to have to jump out of the way. They have him dead to rights on the videos and he even admits they have him in his jailhouse interview with Dana Treen. I think he's hoping for anything less than the 25 years he supposedly told Hope he was offered.

I expect RC to change his plea and then the judge will set a date for sentencing and the waiting game begins again.

I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time, but Ronald just does not strike me as a person that wants his dirty shorts aired in public. Besides, he's already done a pretty good job of that himself.

OMO and all that jazzzzzz.

I feel sick about Monday. I can't help thinking that there will be some other delay or that somehow RC will end up with a little bitty sentence. I just have a bad gut feeling about this and hope I am very wrong. :(

All along I have felt that whatever happened to Haleigh has to do with RC, at the very least, and that he knew what happened that very first night (if not sooner.) And yet I can't get away from a feeling that he will somehow escape all of this with a few years on drug charges and then be free to continue his outside-of-the-law existence-hopefully without the other child living in his home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seagable