Rons Impending Plea

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel sick about Monday. I can't help thinking that there will be some other delay or that somehow RC will end up with a little bitty sentence. I just have a bad gut feeling about this and hope I am very wrong. :(

All along I have felt that whatever happened to Haleigh has to do with RC, at the very least, and that he knew what happened that very first night (if not sooner.) And yet I can't get away from a feeling that he will somehow escape all of this with a few years on drug charges and then be free to continue his outside-of-the-law existence-hopefully without the other child living in his home.

His minimum is 25 years, there is no way getting around it. The only way its not happening, is if it comes to light that Ron has been a undercover cop for years, and he really was never in jail and it was all for show. Probably for the first time the law is going punish him severely.

RC is going down...:woohoo:

.....no sentencing monday though. I bet that is going to have to be scheduled. Knowing rc, it will be way in the future.

....anyone know how to access the judges' calendars? I used to be able but must have forgotten or they removed them.

I just accessed Berger's calendar in St. Johns. Unbelievable! In the month of June, there were 47 inmates on calendar for pre-trial....and that was just the afternoon schedule!

............44 were for drugs :eek:

Agent Gumdrop, you look exhausted...
Hope you get some rest before Monday..

By looking at the St. Johns Calendar, it appears many, many druggies plead NG. I will have to look further to see what happens to their cases..

I just reviewed Jerome's record....interesting. He was sentenced to 15 yrs on three charges of trafficking 14 to 28 gms. I thought he was a big time dealer. RC has those charges plus two more of over 28gm (mandatory 25).

Why does Shoemaker think the Court would drop RC's bigger charges and keep his smaller ones?

Will it at least be 15 years? At the very least?? Please tell me that much :(

Jerome plead NG and took it to trial. On that date he changed his plea after a deal was offered by the State to drop three charges of possession and possession with intent to sell.

He was sentenced that day to three charges of drug trafficking (less than 28gsms) to 15 yrs. I do not know if they were run consectutively or concurrently. I am assuming concurrently but it is a guess.

ETA....He gets released in 2025....so the judge did give in concurrently

Will it at least be 15 years? At the very least?? Please tell me that much :(

I don't see less than 25 However, it is a longshot, but the Courts could drop the big charges, thus, giving rc 15 years. We will see how much the judge appreciated Annette Sykes plea (letter)

I don't know why we can't look at the account but Putnam seems pretty closed.

Regarding jail accounts, County jail has a very low cap for canteen.
State prisons (at least in California is VERY high)...at about $50,000 (at least it used to be). This allows the inmates to purchase TV's etc. They send money to relatives (hah, they say) but they buy their drugs that way. On the books, they are sending money to family. Heck, I found 13 inmates all sending $500.00 each to the same relative for a birthday gift..LoL..must have been a real popular relative with many of his friends and relatives in the same prison and on the same tier....hmmm.

RC has money..heck. He still has the 12,000 grand and there were many donations at the beginning. I'm sure there are some ladies helping him out and GMA and TN's loyalty and money will continue. Inmates use their money for many things in prison. It can buy them loyalty. RC will not be broke in prison. You can count on it.

[Please provide a link] that Ron has 12 grand? we were blatenly told no RUMORS!.
I personallywrote to Ron before jail and asked what he needed for himself and the kids and he nicely wrote back and said THANK you I have everything I need. The lady that was managing the "account" was making sure where the money went and RON was not aloud to buy cigarettes or beer and like with the money so please [provide a link].

Actually I believe a doner from Texas contributed the 12 grand. Remember she wasn't working

Maybe someone (who is more organized with their links than I am) has a link to how all that went down.

If someone donated X dollars to her, then is it hers to do with as she pleases? (I'm asking.)

And she paid what she owed? Just curious.

TIA. :-)

Maybe someone (who is more organized with their links than I am) has a link to how all that went down.

If someone donated X dollars to her, then is it hers to do with as she pleases? (I'm asking.)

I believe that it was paid directly to Child Support for Crystal. What Ron did with it, is anyone's guess.

Yes, she did pay what she owed.

You are OT and the snarky posts are to end this minute. Get back on topic Ron's plea deal.

Well, if Ron had 12k, and since we know a donor paid it, he got it, well, on his jail intake sheet for the drug arrest he is flat broke and indigent, so the money was long gone in Jan. Maybe a portion went for bail when he was arrested for beating Tommy? jmo

We don't know where this money went, however, it was due to Ronald Cummings. Haleigh and Butterbeans mother had not contributed in a very long time, (I won't get into the why's of this.) So me address this again, since Ronald had supported their children all this time, he should he be able to do whatever he wanted to with that money.

I feel very bad that that he didn't hire a independent investigator, however, by law, he didn't have to.

I think Monday is gonna go down one of two ways. First, if Shoemaker is allowed a continuance, he asks for one. Second, the defense strategy will be that Ron was a grieving father looking for his daughter and had been prescribed drugs for "accidental injuries" in the past and it escalated during his struggle and/or to keep Misty "close" he used and dealt to stay in her life and try to get information. I hope the DA reads here and notes the interview on NG where Ron says he didn't discuss it with Misty while living with Sykes. :waitasec: And as 4Jacy noted, re the PI--didn't Shoemaker say they were going to hire one? I think the people responsible, directly or indirectly are currently in jail and if they can put away for 15 or 25 years---that's there best shot as it really seems NO ONE can pin the exact nature of Haleigh's demise on those culpable and LE knows pretty well what happened but when dealing with this lot of people unable to tell the truth, that's about all they have right now, IMO. JMO

I think Monday is gonna go down one of two ways. First, if Shoemaker is allowed a continuance, he asks for one. Second, the defense strategy will be that Ron was a grieving father looking for his daughter and had been prescribed drugs for "accidental injuries" in the past and it escalated during his struggle and/or to keep Misty "close" he used and dealt to stay in her life and try to get information. I hope the DA reads here and notes the interview on NG where Ron says he didn't discuss it with Misty while living with Sykes. :waitasec: And as 4Jacy noted, re the PI--didn't Shoemaker say they were going to hire one? I think the people responsible, directly or indirectly are currently in jail and if they can put away for 15 or 25 years---that's there best shot as it really seems NO ONE can pin the exact nature of Haleigh's demise on those culpable and LE knows pretty well what happened but when dealing with this lot of people unable to tell the truth, that's about all they have right now, IMO. JMO

I see your point. It reminds me of Al Capone (was it Capone?) who couldnt be nailed with murder etc, but they got him on tax evasion. So it was characterized as a something is better than nothing sort of deal.

I see your point. It reminds me of Al Capone (was it Capone?) who couldnt be nailed with murder etc, but they got him on tax evasion. So it was characterized as a something is better than nothing sort of deal.

And we have to remember, Shoemaker said that Ron would testify against Misty and/or Tommy to cut a deal. Where is that deal? Shoemaker spoke of it and apparently it is off the table so maybe, just maybe, Ron Cummings will be held accountable in some manner after a rap sheet that suggests long-term criminal behaviors. ALL JMO. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ronin13