Rosie O'Donnell and Kelly Ripa...

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
windovervocalcords said:
I took this as an invitation to you to read the part of the thread which explains how O'Donnell may have misinterpreted this remark to be homophobic.

Yes, that is what I meant. But I'm not as enlightened as you and rarely as gracious in my responses. (If anyone wonders: I literally mean I am not as enlightened as wind. Because I'm not. There is no mockery in my use of the word here.)

jaxibear said:
I have personally seen Kelly put her hand over Regis' mouth, so she is a little hypocritical. JMHO.

Maybe O'Donnell has seen it, too. One more reason why she may have interpreted Ripa's remark the way she did.

windovervocalcords said:
I took this as an invitation to you to read the part of the thread which explains how O'Donnell may have misinterpreted this remark to be homophobic.
Perhaps you might entertain the possibility that I have already read the entire thread and had a differing opinon?

Sally said:
Perhaps you might entertain the possibility that I have already read the entire thread and had a differing opinon?
Sure I could. But since you have, how is it you read all those great posts outlining how O'Donnell may have misread homophobia and still not understand? Seemed incredulous enough to me to see Nova's invitation.

No matter if she did it to Regis. They have worked together for a long time, know each other well, see each other every day. She didn't know Clay at all.

I would do the same to my husband but would never dream of doing it to a stranger.

Nova said:
Yes, that is what I meant. But I'm not as enlightened as you and rarely as gracious in my responses. (If anyone wonders: I literally mean I am not as enlightened as wind. Because I'm not. There is no mockery in my use of the word here.)
Nova-

You are a such a gentleman. Stop buttering me up lol Unless you plan to stuff me and put me in the oven tomorrow.

I enjoy your wit. And DK will tell you I'm not always gracious or enlightened.

BhamMama said:
No matter if she did it to Regis. They have worked together for a long time, know each other well, see each other every day. She didn't know Clay at all.

I would do the same to my husband but would never dream of doing it to a stranger.
ITA that is was a rude thing to do. I think Clay should apologize. I think it is being made into a much bigger deal than it should be.

Nova said:
Ripa is a classless boor.

Well here we go disagreeing again Nova! lol See - I think "classless boor" is a good description of Rosie!

windovervocalcords said:
Sure I could. But since you have, how is it you read all those great posts outlining how O'Donnell may have misread homophobia and still not understand? Seemed incredulous enough to me to see Nova's invitation.
It's called having a difference of opinion. Can you grasp the concept?

Sally said:
It's called having a difference of opinion. Can you grasp the concept?
Have your difference of opinion my friend. Is a crabby state of mind necessary to go along with it?

windovervocalcords said:
Have your difference of opinion my friend. Is a crabby state of mind necessary to go along with it?
:rolleyes:

Personally, I am on both sides of the fence on this one. First of all, if it were me I would have told Ripa to shut the F&&& up. She is always interrupting, upstaging, and on and on. I can see her point about "cold and flu season", etc., .etc. However, whether or not we think it was appropriate or inappropriate of Clay, unless you know him personally, it was an honest gut-reaction what he did. Does that make him imature maybe? Rude? Whatever adjective you can come up with insert _______. And then insert one for Ripa and Rosie as well.

As for Rosie, I honestly can see why she reacted the way that she did. The comment could have been miscontrued in many different ways. It is a comment that could have been meant one way and then when one is "caught" they say, "What I meant by it was......."

Oh well, now both Rosie and Ripa get a little more exposure. Good for them. Things have been quiet for Ripa lately anyhow. And Rosie, she was just getting accepted by all of the Rosie-haters and needed to stir things up a bit. No better way to do it.

No, I do not think Clay is the greatest but I am thankful that thus far he hasn't participated. I just hope it stays that way.

Just my 2 cents.

I didn't see fridays show. But, on Monday.......I was watching Kelly and thinking, her tirade was not called for. I like Clay, and I have always liked Kelly.
Sitting down watching her say cruel things about a "guest" that was invited to her show......did not show her in a good light.
Seeing later on what happened, I felt still that she went over the top.
Today also, they showed when Kelly put her hand over Regis's mouth.....
I have watched her do that on occasion to Regis.
So.........then.........she can, but Clay can't?
He was a guest......and most likely not comfortable in this unfamiliar position.
He looked surprised at Kelly, and maybe she could of just shrugged it off.
Told him later, behind the stage that she didn't like it.
Going so public......that was the wrong thing. Rosie.......came from somewhere out in left field. It wasn't her problem to solve.

Sundayrain said:
I didn't see fridays show. But, on Monday.......I was watching Kelly and thinking, her tirade was not called for. I like Clay, and I have always liked Kelly.
Sitting down watching her say cruel things about a "guest" that was invited to her show......did not show her in a good light.
Seeing later on what happened, I felt still that she went over the top.
Today also, they showed when Kelly put her hand over Regis's mouth.....
I have watched her do that on occasion to Regis.
So.........then.........she can, but Clay can't?
He was a guest......and most likely not comfortable in this unfamiliar position.
He looked surprised at Kelly, and maybe she could of just shrugged it off.
Told him later, behind the stage that she didn't like it.
Going so public......that was the wrong thing. Rosie.......came from somewhere out in left field. It wasn't her problem to solve.
:clap:
I couldn't agree more. I have seen her do it numerous times. I also agree (not saying I like her) with Rosie's comments about Clay being a guest, a "newbie" to all of this, etc. It was inappropriate for Ripa. She is way more seasoned than Clay and should have certainly been able to handle it in a much more professional manner.

Like I said, they all got the exposure that they need to be sustained. If you watched any of the view and say Joy (again, not saying I like her) she made the comment about "keeping this going indefinately" HAHA

jilly said:
Well here we go disagreeing again Nova! lol See - I think "classless boor" is a good description of Rosie!

Maybe, but Ripa is also not very bright.

BhamMama said:

Yes, of course. But aren't we all now drawing rather sophisticated distinctions in our judgment of the events? In fact, all three people were responding in the excitement of the moment and under the pressure of media scrutiny.

southernpixie said:
:clap:
I couldn't agree more. I have seen her do it numerous times. I also agree (not saying I like her) with Rosie's comments about Clay being a guest, a "newbie" to all of this, etc. It was inappropriate for Ripa. She is way more seasoned than Clay and should have certainly been able to handle it in a much more professional manner.

Like I said, they all got the exposure that they need to be sustained. If you watched any of the view and say Joy (again, not saying I like her) she made the comment about "keeping this going indefinately" HAHA

Good point, sp. I'm not saying the whole incident was invented for publicity purposes. But none of the three principals is interesting to us because he or she is well balanced and politely behaved. Ripa and O'Donnell in particular get paid very well precisely to have strong opinions and to make snap judgments.

(On the other hand, rude behavior toward a guest just shows low character.)

I could have really done without putting in my two cents until I saw the youtube (BTW isn't that the greatest???) of the next show where Ripa really did "rip" into Clay. It could have all ended with Rosie's comments and Ripa's call into The View and that be that but, NO. Ripa had to go beyond the "point of no return" the following show. That is what I find so classless and unprofessional! IMO, hindsight! After all is said and done and you have time to think is when you can really tear into it and that is what Ripa did. She didn't let it go as so said she had on the call to The View. On the View she said it was water under the bridge. Apparently it wasn't.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callie679
Back