Rosie O'Donnell and Kelly Ripa...

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IdahoMom said:
I disagree completely.

There may be a FEW people on the right (and those of other political persuasions, too) that may be so inclined, but IMO, it's really, really wrong for you to generalize that way. One of my dearest friends is gay and I lean right. That doesn't make me want to 'round him up and kill him'!

It's hard not to overreact when Karl Rove & Co. have been using us as their personal scapegoats for the past 6 years. I'm sure you can see how that would be.

But I'm glad you spoke up. Not all conservatives use gay people as objects of hatred. In fact, you and I would probably agree that "true" conservatives think the government should leave gay people alone.

I dislike Rosie for many of the same reasons I dislike Nancy Grace.
Diva attititudes, rudeness and the inability to shut the hell up when others are speaking- turn me off big time!

But both women, in my view, were always rude *advertiser censored* so there isn't much faking going on.

I dislike Kelly for some of the very same reasons. But out of the 3 women I dislike Kelly the most- she has changed TOTALLY from how she was before "Live".

Mabel said:
I'm certian that it's very difficult to be gay, even in 2006, and I applaud the true activists. However, it's my feeling that Rosie, by turning what was simply a matter of bad manners on Clay's part and rudeness on Kelly's into a gay issue has harmed, rather than helped, the cause. If Rosie wants to protest real issues, I'll be among the first in line to support her. But if she's going to attack anyone who sneezes as being homophobic I can't take her seriously.

It's my impression that Kelly treated Clay just like she would have treated ANY man who acted as he did. Why does Rosie think Clay should be singled out to be treated differently? Clay has shown great class, IMO, in defending his right to keep his sexuality private. Rosie totally disrespected him first by "outing" him, secondly by turning it into a homophobic incident, and thirdly by butting her nose in at all. Clay is a big boy, able to handle himself quite well from what I've seen. Rosie's "help" was the last thing he needed.
you know what- it isnt a cause..it just IS..when straight people open their mouths in a way that pisses others off is it bad for their cause..for gods sake..if you think we have progressed then the word "cause" wouldnt even come up.
I live in Canada- Gays are equal and its all legal to be married- I just feel grateful I am not a gay person in the USA.,..just to listen to the debates in that country makes me wonder how gay people dont internalize shame every day..they are talked about as if they are invisible..The thread didnt talk about whether we liked rosie or not-it talked about her homophobic slight to another person..I dont care if anyone likes her or not-but for gods sake think about the harshness u have for her every move..noone should be under the gun to not make one or many ill fated comments for fear it will hurt their cause-when the cause is simply being who you were born to be,..
when a person with blue eyes makes a goofball comment does it hurt their cause..NOPE-they were born with those eyes..the talk of Gays is ridiculous in and of itself.
I just have trouble with the trouble many of u have with rosie as a very visible person..get over yourselves..she happens to be that kind of person and she is loved by many..did it ever occur to folks that she isnt trying to win a popularity contest..and for anyone to stop watching her after the latest comments about kelli just floors me-you cant be very solid backers in the first place-so thats the real issue.
If u didnt like her before the comment it just gives you one more thing to use against her...all in all she is a fine person doing great things..and she really shouldnt be judged comment to comment..think of the overall..I hated the View for a long time and only tune in now and again because Rosie is it it..the show would be off the air right now had she not joined..it was going south fast.
Roise does a lot of good in the world and so what if she is big and bold and opinionated and interrupts..
Also to group her in with NG is just over the top-NG is in a league of her own and almost puts on a tabloid tv show..OH yeah..NG has harmed the cause for straight women with big mouths ...thats how ridiculous it is to say Rosie has hurt the cause- its not her cause its who she is..

I didn't care for Rosie way back when she first was on TV - but that doesn't mean I want to use anything against her - I have no vendetta, I just did not think she was funny. When she had her own show, I watched some, still didn't care for her. I have always been aware of the many good things she has done - and she should be proud of those she has helped. That does not mean I have to like her as a performer. I have always liked Ellen, I think her timing and humor is the best. I watch her show often - I don't like her because she is gay - I like her because she is funny.

We all have things we can use as a defense - Oh, I am fat/thin, I am blond/brunet, I am black/white, I am too pretty/ugly, I am male/female, on and on.

I don't watch Regis and Kelley too much, depends on who the guests are. Kelley does bother me, she is always "on" - but she is not stupid. This incident, in my opinion was not meant to be a slur - all of these personalities must protect themselves from their adoring public. I assume Rosie does this too, I would hope so, not only for her protection but for her family's sake. I don't think this incident compares to the recent, blatant remarks made by other personalities.

Mabel said:
I'm certian that it's very difficult to be gay, even in 2006, and I applaud the true activists. However, it's my feeling that Rosie, by turning what was simply a matter of bad manners on Clay's part and rudeness on Kelly's into a gay issue has harmed, rather than helped, the cause. If Rosie wants to protest real issues, I'll be among the first in line to support her. But if she's going to attack anyone who sneezes as being homophobic I can't take her seriously.

It's my impression that Kelly treated Clay just like she would have treated ANY man who acted as he did. Why does Rosie think Clay should be singled out to be treated differently? Clay has shown great class, IMO, in defending his right to keep his sexuality private. Rosie totally disrespected him first by "outing" him, secondly by turning it into a homophobic incident, and thirdly by butting her nose in at all. Clay is a big boy, able to handle himself quite well from what I've seen. Rosie's "help" was the last thing he needed.

:clap: :clap: Exactally Mabel... This was such a non-issue and Rosie turned it into a big one... oh my! lol She needs to put that energy elsewhere .. :D

PaperDoll said:
:clap: :clap: Exactally Mabel... This was such a non-issue and Rosie turned it into a big one... oh my! lol She needs to put that energy elsewhere .. :D
Yea,ROSIE is the one that hurt gay ppl...in addition to everything else,SHE is the one who implied that GAY PEOPLE'S HANDS ARE DIRTY ...NOT Kelly !!! I sincerely believe Kelly didn't mean it that way,why would she???That doesn't even make any sense.Rosie should shut her big trap!!!

Personally, I like a woman who speaks her mind. And if she makes an occasional mistake, what of it?

But apparently, that's just me.

Nova said:
Personally, I like a woman who speaks her mind. And if she makes an occasional mistake, what of it?

She's a gay activist. Do we expect her to shut up about gay issues?

Not gonna happen.

Beffie said:
Rosie is accusing Kelly Ripa of being homophobic. I watched Live with Regis and Kelly and thought Clay Aiken was really full of himself and was out of line for putting his hand over Kellys mouth. I did not see it as her being rude towards gays, I thought she just has had enough of his smugness...is that a word? I really think Rosie is being quite anal.

http://people.aol.com/people/article/0,26334,1562002,00.html

I'm not sure if Kelly is homophobic or not, but she's got just as much right to her own feelings as Rosie or Clay do for their's. Its none of Rosie's business if she is, just as its not of Kelly's business if Rosie or Clay are gay.

I believe that Rosie is Hetrophobic. ALL SHE TALKS ABOUT IS GAY STUFF. I don't really care that she is gay, much happiness to hers. But do we always have to have her make issues out of nothing?

julia said:
I believe that Rosie is Hetrophobic. ALL SHE TALKS ABOUT IS GAY STUFF. I don't really care that she is gay, much happiness to hers. But do we always have to have her make issues out of nothing?
that's something i've noticed about some gay ppl...not all of them, but some seem to predjudiced against str 8 ppl.

I think that was more than just an occasional mistake on Rosie's part..she openly accused Kelly of being homophobic without even bothering to ask her why she made the comment.

JMO8778 said:
that's something i've noticed about some gay ppl...not all of them, but some seem to predjudiced against str 8 ppl.
do u realize that everything talked about in the world evey minute of every day is about an assumed heterosexual lifestyle..its so obvious that the gay thing is not accepted-she is gay and she also talks about all the things straights do..
every minute of everyday is all about the hetero world-to evn make this comment is more of the same-homophobia..its ok to be gay but dont over do it-she can talk about her life just like others do-women talk about men all the time-they talk about what pisses them off about the world..its just like racism..the whole white world doesnt get that if blacks talked about being black for the rest of time..they would never measure up to how white people have made themselves front and center..homophobia like racism does not have to be blatant to exist and to be insidious..
Why are we even talking about gays and straights..because gays still have to fight for everything straights take for granted..if u want to know when racism and homophobia
are ended it will be when their is no topic on it-noone sees the difference and no one values one color over another or one sexual orientation over another..to think what you just said is not homophobic is incredulous.
Straights accuse gays of horrible things and they also accuse other straights of horrible things-I dont get why rosie is singled out-her moth is her trademark-u dont have to watch..
u dont have to listen..but dont pretend u are being fair-because she is entitled to all the mistakes she wants to make..not just a small one or an inncocuous one-god-people say things every day that dont become thread topics..the resentment felt toward rosie is all part of how homophobia is expressed..make one person the scapegoat cuz she dare be as big and as bold as any straight male..women are womens worst enenmy and straight women are the hardest on lesbians of all the social groups..that in and of itself should tell u something..we could have this debate till hell freezes over and there would be so much homophobia being spewed with every sentence..all the while crouching it in..I am not homophobic BUT/AND..yada yada..that is homophobia.
When the world is colorless and without sterotypes then talk to me about not being homophobic.
Heterosexuals dont spend al day defending what come sout of their mouths because its a social statement.
Heteros havent a clue what it means to be a gay person-it shouldnt be hard at all-its straight people who make it an issue.

newtv said:
do u realize that everything talked about in the world evey minute of every day is about an assumed heterosexual lifestyle..its so obvious that the gay thing is not accepted-she is gay and she also talks about all the things straights do..
every minute of everyday is all about the hetero world-to evn make this comment is more of the same-homophobia..its ok to be gay but dont over do it-she can talk about her life just like others do-women talk about men all the time-they talk about what pisses them off about the world..its just like racism..the whole white world doesnt get that if blacks talked about being black for the rest of time..they would never measure up to how white people have made themselves front and center..homophobia like racism does not have to be blatant to exist and to be insidious..
Why are we even talking about gays and straights..because gays still have to fight for everything straights take for granted..if u want to know when racism and homophobia
are ended it will be when their is no topic on it-noone sees the difference and no one values one color over another or one sexual orientation over another..to think what you just said is not homophobic is incredulous.
Straights accuse gays of horrible things and they also accuse other straights of horrible things-I dont get why rosie is singled out-her moth is her trademark-u dont have to watch..
u dont have to listen..but dont pretend u are being fair-because she is entitled to all the mistakes she wants to make..not just a small one or an inncocuous one-god-people say things every day that dont become thread topics..the resentment felt toward rosie is all part of how homophobia is expressed..make one person the scapegoat cuz she dare be as big and as bold as any straight male..women are womens worst enenmy and straight women are the hardest on lesbians of all the social groups..that in and of itself should tell u something..we could have this debate till hell freezes over and there would be so much homophobia being spewed with every sentence..all the while crouching it in..I am not homophobic BUT/AND..yada yada..that is homophobia.
When the world is colorless and without sterotypes then talk to me about not being homophobic.
Heterosexuals dont spend al day defending what come sout of their mouths because its a social statement.
Heteros havent a clue what it means to be a gay person-it shouldnt be hard at all-its straight people who make it an issue.
Great post. I agree completely. We would not be having this long thread if Rosie was not a big, visible, mouthy, powerful, entertaining dyke.

:clap:
newtv said:
Great post and I could not have said it better!!! :clap:

JMO8778 said:
I think that was more than just an occasional mistake on Rosie's part..she openly accused Kelly of being homophobic without even bothering to ask her why she made the comment.
I am not homophobic - I have many gay friends and relatives and agree with the long post above - but I also agree with this statement. Rosie made it about homophobia when it had nothing to do with that at all.

Kelly is a mom who is wary about germs - that's all there was to it. It had nothing to do with homosexuality. He had just shaken hands with a bunch of audience members - and hadn't washed his hands yet.

Shame on Rosie.

Elliemae said:
I am not homophobic - I have many gay friends and relatives and agree with the long post above - but I also agree with this statement. Rosie made it about homophobia when it had nothing to do with that at all.

Kelly is a mom who is wary about germs - that's all there was to it. It had nothing to do with homosexuality. He had just shaken hands with a bunch of audience members - and hadn't washed his hands yet.

Shame on Rosie.
I agree..it's about her being RUDE and presumptous.I would still not agree even if Rosie said Kelly is germophobic ..b/c she yakked without *asking why she said it.That's not in good concious.If she is wise,she will apologise,b/c Kelly is a much loved celebrity.Sure she can make all the mistakes she wants,but we the public in return are entitled to state our opinions about what was said.I'm saying Rosie isn't putting herself in a good light.It's not to her benefit.AND I do not hate gay ppl..I don't agree with Rosie outting Clay,that's no one else's business...she had no right to do that.

Nova said:

That was more than just speaking her mind.She accused someone without knowing the facts first.Speaking your mind involves being tactful at the same time,if the person wants to get any respect for their comments.See? She's not getting any b/c she was RUDE.

newtv said:
What makes you think so? You don't know if I have gay friends or not.
If I were to go out and wear a t-shirt that said "Straight and proud of it",I'd be accused of being homophobic,while if a gay person did said same in the same respect(shirt that says 'gay and proud of it'),they wouldn't be accused of being heterophobic.

Eww grose I would not of wanted Clay's hands on my face either. Kelly was right to say she don't know where those hands of been?!.. Has nothing to do with gay/straight. It could be a personality conflict between the two also. I know if there is someone I just don't like then yea them putting their hands on me groses me out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callie679
Back