Rush Limbaugh's Lack of Respect

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BillyGoatGruff said:
Pretty much. Or like any number of DJs who would have you believe they're up all hours of the day and night, partying hearty, woo-hoo, when in reality they're 300 lb dudes who drive Taurus SWs and play D&D on the weekend. There might be a portion of their own personality involved in the character, but what you hear isn't "them". Hell, most DJs subscribe to joke-writing and snappy-banter writing services, unless they came up through improv comedy and skit writing. It's showbiz, baby.
And who told you so much about me????? :D

Dark Knight said:
And who told you so much about me????? :D

Hey!:laugh: You traded in your old Pinto and lost 50 lbs!!!!! That's great!!!

Maybe Rush should try going without his medication and see how he feels. Oh wait...that wasn't his medication he was taking, it was somebody else's, wasn't it? :rolleyes:

Anyway, he is an a+ dillhole. Rush. Not DK.

From urban dictionary.com
dillhole:An individual lacking intelligence, people skills, compassion, and a human soul. also someone who is totally useless at everything. Essentially the same as a "Bungmunch." Someone totally worthless.

BTW did you guys know that a bone marrow transplant is a form of stem-cell therapy?

BirdieBoo said:
snip

BTW did you guys know that a bone marrow transplant is a form of stem-cell therapy?
Hi Birdie. Yes, it is. But that is typically from adult stem cells, or peripheral stem cells,not embryonic. I would guess umbilical cord blood stem cells can be used in this way or at least in some similar fashion.

deandaniellws said:
OMGosh..I used to date a guy that was a DJ. He had this nice sweet sexy voice.....but in reality, after I took the engagement ring...he was a sorry sob. Whew...got out of that before it was too late. He was the guy that was later arrested for rigging a contest in Houston by letting his Mother in law win a truck that his radio station was giving away. He had to stand at the Rice game wearing a sign! That judge was creative. His name was Tim Trostle. What a jerk he turned out to be. Here is something else he got his big fat mouth into...see the second headline down.:loser:

http://archer2000.tripod.com/lawdisorder/lawback4.html Geeze...glad I got out of that relationship! What a freaking loser!!!
Tim Trostle? That sounds familiar. Did he work in the NO or Little Rock markets during the 70s and 80s? (I pretty much stopped listening to commercial radio by 1988).

BillyGoatGruff said:
Tim Trostle? That sounds familiar. Did he work in the NO or Little Rock markets during the 70s and 80s? (I pretty much stopped listening to commercial radio by 1988).
No, we were in college in 1980. I graduated a year ahead of him...so he was in the Houston market in 1981. He worked with "Moby" a lot. I can't remember the station now. Anybody remember which station Moby was on?

Here's a good one, explaining exactly what the issue is - why Rush keeps attacking MJ Fox even after everyone who knows anything about Parkinson's has corrected him:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/10/30/opinion/main2136686.shtml

But the biggest problem is with Limbaugh's emphasis on the Fox's physical appearance, as opposed to what the actor is saying in the ads? Why blather on and on about whether Fox, an actor, might be acting?

Because it is easier to criticize the way that Michael J. Fox looks than it is to criticize the content of his message.

Fox's ads are fact-based. They reference the voting records, public statements and policy initiatives of the Democratic and Republican candidates he is talking about.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder...Unfortunately, the psychiatric community has determined that almost nothing can be done for this, either via therapy or medication...

I agree that Michael J. Fox has really approached his illness head-on, yet in a very elegant way, like Christopher Reeve...Rush Limbaugh, OTOH is an absolute boor...

As far as stem cell research goes...it's absolutely necessary, and actually, those who are against it should be viewed as "anti-life" since they are not willing to help out people who are already here....The argument that embryos that are going to be discarded anyway, and have no chance of becoming viable should not be used to research cures for debilitating diseases is medieval, at best, cruel and totally self-centered, in fact... In fact, I'll go further, and say that it is cruel, self-centered, and ignorant, as the vast majority of this country's scientists in this area are absolutely for using stem cells in this manner. In fact, a great majority of liberal Catholics have no problem with this either.

The anti-stem cell argument is just as "out there" as the anti-fluoride and anti-vaccination arguments...

jubie said:
Could you give a quick crash course on how it works?

TIA
Jubie
Not an expert, but basicly - fertility doctors harvest eggs and sperm, combine them to get fertilized eggs, make a ton more than are needed, because they don't know how many they'll need, how many will survive, then picks a couple and inserts them. The rest are stored in case those first couple don't hold on. If they do, they're tossed - valuable stem cells and all.

I don't think that's the only spot where they are created, but it's a big one, and they're all going to waste. And the stem cells have so incredibly much promise to cure people who today die of terrible wasting diseases, so many different diseases.

Details said:
Not an expert, but basicly - fertility doctors harvest eggs and sperm, combine them to get fertilized eggs, make a ton more than are needed, because they don't know how many they'll need, how many will survive, then picks a couple and inserts them. The rest are stored in case those first couple don't hold on. If they do, they're tossed - valuable stem cells and all.

I don't think that's the only spot where they are created, but it's a big one, and they're all going to waste. And the stem cells have so incredibly much promise to cure people who today die of terrible wasting diseases, so many different diseases.
I thought they were not able to toss them. I thought they had to remain frozen indefintely.

this site gives you an option. I think donating them to infertile couples is a great option:
Q: What happens to any extra pre-embryos? A: A maximum of four pre-embryos will be transferred to the uterus for possible implantation. Patients will have several other options regarding the disposition of the remaining pre-embryos. One option is to freeze pre-embryos for your later use. Other options are to donate or simply dispose of them. Excess pre-embryos, if any, belong to you, and you will determine what is to be done.http://www.ivf.com/ivffaq.html

another one:

You must agree to and accept future disposal of any remaining unused frozen embryos. You must determine prior to your IVF cycle whether you will in the future consider donating your remaining frozen embryos to a known couple or to GRS to offer to another couple for anonymous adoption or if you think there may be a need for a gestational carrier in the future in order to begin testing required by the FDA. I/We have been counseled by my/our physician on the FDA regulations and have had the opportunity to have all questions answered.

http://www.ivf.com/cryoperm.html

This is kind of an interesting site:
State Laws on Frozen Embryos
http://www.ncsl.org/programs/health/embryodisposition.htm

JBean said:
I thought they were not able to toss them. I thought they had to remain frozen indefintely.
Can anyone confirm that they are tossed?
I'm pretty sure you have to pay - this seems to confirm:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/05/24/stem.cells/ Supporters of the bill say only about 10 percent of excess embryos are adopted; the rest are discarded.
This FAQ is also useful in getting all the jargon (the whole page is useful, click Go To Top - I left it bookmarked at the entry on fertility treamtent embreyos): http://www.stemcellresearchfoundation.org/About/FAQ.htm#FrozenEmbryos
And this is good too: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1101040531-641157,00.html
Modern in-vitro techniques generally involve creating multiple embryos in the laboratory, transferring two or three and hoping that at least one will make it through to birth. Often it doesn't work. Sometimes it works unexpectedly well. Successful or not, the process creates many more embryos than babies. There is a built-in presumption — really, an intention — that even most of the transferred embryos will die. As for embryos that aren't transferred, they get destroyed or frozen indefinitely — unless, that is, they are used for stem-cell research.

I attended the STL Cardinals Parade of Champions yesterday to celebrate their World Series victory. It was a beautiful, warm sunny autumn day. A small plane pulling a banner kept buzzing the stadium. The banner read "No taxes for human cloning and abortion. Vote no on (amendment) 2". I found it interesting that the amendment has nothing to do with abortion or human cloning (even though those who oppose the amendment insist that it does). If the group that sponsored and paid for the banner were hoping for a positive reaction to their message, I'm afraid they were wrong. Everyone that I discussed it with and the conversations that I heard regarding it just walking through the huge crowd seemed to be of the same opinion. No one wanted to see that message at a community celebration. The majority of the comments I heard were in favor of embryonic stem cell research. It will be interesting to see if it passes. I really hope that it does.

JBean said:
Thanks Details.I thought there were other options besides tossing them.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's up to the doners as to what they want done with the remainders. Some folks don't want them available for adoption, some donate them for adoption, some to science, and some want them destroyed.

Thanks for all the information everyone. I'm not sure where I stand but I am learning something new today.

Jubie

jubie said:
Thanks for all the information everyone. I'm not sure where I stand but I am learning something new today.

Jubie
Wellll, we kinda veered off subject- but the original topic was Rush Limbaugh!
smile.gif

Do you have an opinion on that wind bag? Oops. Sorry, I mean radio DJ?
biggrin.gif

IrishMist said:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's up to the doners as to what they want done with the remainders. Some folks don't want them available for adoption, some donate them for adoption, some to science, and some want them destroyed.
Thanks Irish.

Like you said back to topic...
I just can't imagine taking Rush seriously enough to even get my undies in a bunch. He's like South Park to me;controversial, current political issues, some entertainment value and a hoot! The big difference is his talent is on loan from God and I think the South Park guys own theirs.:D

JBean said:
Thanks Irish.

Like you said back to topic...
I just can't imagine taking Rush seriously enough to even get my undies in a bunch. He's like South Park to me;controversial, current political issues, some entertainment value and a hoot! The big difference is his talent is on loan from God and I think the South Park guys own theirs.:D
South Park I never thought much of - until I heard about their cartoons on Scientology and the whole Islamic cartoon mess - they did a great job illustrating how the censorship works, hypocricy, etc. Still don't watch them, but a bit more respect perhaps, for saying things that needed to be said, when news agencies were being intimidated into silence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Plumsy1
Back