Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat, 4 Feb 2024 *Arrest* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have a little theory of why he isn’t maybe talking … just IMOO but what if the accused is part of a neo nazi group (remember the disturbing neo narzi march through Ballarat in December ‘23 last year of mainly if not all young men wearing black and balaclavas and masks ?)
Source : Outrage in Ballarat at white supremacist march, 15yo questioned over banned Nazi salute - ABC News

And the attack on hikers in 2021 at the Grampians, Victoria , led by well known neo nazi Thomas Sewell , and also Jacob Hersant
Source: Neo-Nazis walk free from court, spared further jail time over attack on Victorian hikers

And Neo-Nazis go bush: Grampians gathering highlights rise of Australia’s far right

Side note; Jacob Hersant Is an electrician too I believe or at least was to be undertaking an electrician apprenticeship as a side note as noted in the court docs from that case https://www.supremecourt.vic.gov.au...4/DPP v Sewell DPP v Hersant 2024 VSCA 70.pdf
(But not sure if that has much to do with things but interesting same possible career as the accused..)

Anyway my theory for a little while now is that our accused is part of this disturbing following , and this could possibly explain why he is silent and not talking (can’t betray his fellow member who maybe assisted him). Perhaps the accused’s family dobbed him in knowing he was linked to neo nazis. Perhaps they’re in hiding now . The link to Ballarat and the march through the town and the attack on hikers and that these followers tend to be white young fit men of the same age, just really has not sat well with me. But just my own opinion and a little left field but JMOO.

What if Sam filmed something that morning and was attacked ? Or what if the accused had assistance in hiding her body.

I guess we shall see what unfolds but this could explain why the accused is not talking if it’s the case . Doesn’t want to
spill details out of sheer loyalty , I don’t know.

Also, ABC posted an article 3 days ago too on “Active Clubs” and neo nazi extremism Active Clubs and white supremacy groups targeting young men a 'threat to social cohesion' in Australia - ABC News

I hope it’s not the case but could explain some things ,JMOO

I have a little theory of why he isn’t maybe talking … just IMOO but what if the accused is part of a neo nazi group (remember the disturbing neo narzi march through Ballarat in December ‘23 last year of mainly if not all young men wearing black and balaclavas and masks ?)
Source : Outrage in Ballarat at white supremacist march, 15yo questioned over banned Nazi salute - ABC News

And the attack on hikers in 2021 at the Grampians, Victoria , led by well known neo nazi Thomas Sewell , and also Jacob Hersant
Source: Neo-Nazis walk free from court, spared further jail time over attack on Victorian hikers

And Neo-Nazis go bush: Grampians gathering highlights rise of Australia’s far right

Side note; Jacob Hersant Is an electrician too I believe or at least was to be undertaking an electrician apprenticeship as a side note as noted in the court docs from that case https://www.supremecourt.vic.gov.au/sites/default/files/2024-04/DPP v Sewell DPP v Hersant 2024 VSCA 70.pdf
(But not sure if that has much to do with things but interesting same possible career as the accused..)

Anyway my theory for a little while now is that our accused is part of this disturbing following , and this could possibly explain why he is silent and not talking (can’t betray his fellow member who maybe assisted him). Perhaps the accused’s family dobbed him in knowing he was linked to neo nazis. Perhaps they’re in hiding now . The link to Ballarat and the march through the town and the attack on hikers and that these followers tend to be white young fit men of the same age, just really has not sat well with me. But just my own opinion and a little left field but JMOO.

What if Sam filmed something that morning and was attacked ? Or what if the accused had assistance in hiding her body.

I guess we shall see what unfolds but this could explain why the accused is not talking if it’s the case . Doesn’t want to

Also, ABC posted an article 3 days ago too on “Active Clubs” and neo nazi extremism Active Clubs and white supremacy groups targeting young men a 'threat to social cohesion' in Australia - ABC News

Interesting theory. I posted one some time ago but it was removed and I'm not going to waste my time reposting it, only for it to be removed again. But rest assured I won't hold back with an 'I told you so' if it ends up being the case.

Interesting theory. I posted one some time ago but it was removed and I'm not going to waste my time reposting it, only for it to be removed again. But rest assured I won't hold back with an 'I told you so' if it ends up being the case.

Not long now is the start ... I think there is more to this...

I find it quite interesting that police have relatively easily found her phone in pretty good nick and other items of interest in a private dam, when there were other ways for the phone to never be found.

Why wasn't her phone dumped with her body ? That's the easiest way and harder to find. If he killed her, and he dumped her body, you would throw Samantha's belongings including her phone with her, all in one go.
To me, I find that interesting, that's not the case here

And how long that phone has been in the dam and any other items as well, If they were placed in there after March 6, then someone else is involved, likewise If they can't get mobile cell data off the accused phone being at the dam either.
But police are finding it extremely difficult to locate Samantha's body, there seems a lot of effort done in making sure she won't be found, they can't even find her shoe in the bush
Police have kept quiet on what her running shoes are like, what brand, what colour etc
And the date and time is not on the still CCTV picture of Samantha
Someone though has given police information to search that particular dam
A lot of Forensics and Digital Intelligence is the high focussed with this case, with her body not located

Last edited:
I'm almost certain there is more to this.

I don't think this was a thrill kill and because poor Samantha's body is proving so hard to find, I'm thinking more and more it was premeditated.

It is obviously in Stephenson's best interests to remain silent in the absence of a body because it makes it hard for a guilty verdict - depending of course on what evidence the police have. But I still think Stephenson may have acted 'with the knowledge of others' and that part of the reason for his silence is fear of reprisal.

I'm almost certain there is more to this.

I don't think this was a thrill kill and because poor Samantha's body is proving so hard to find, I'm thinking more and more it was premeditated.

It is obviously in Stephenson's best interests to remain silent in the absence of a body because it makes it hard for a guilty verdict - depending of course on what evidence the police have. But I still think Stephenson may have acted 'with the knowledge of others' and that part of the reason for his silence is fear of reprisal.

I think this was a deliberate-planed hit on Samantha

Yep and if I listen hard enough, I reckon I can hear a motor bike.
Got to admit have had similar thoughts myself, although not wedded to it at all. But I hear you about the effectiveness of hiding Sams body - doesn’t seem to align with a disorganised opportunity or rage type murder. But it could just be that this defendant has a very good knowledge of the area and was able to quickly hide her body somewhere very difficult to find. I hate that for Sam and her family. MOO

I find it quite interesting that police have relatively easily found her phone in pretty good nick and other items of interest in a private dam, when there were other ways for the phone to never be found.

Why wasn't her phone dumped with her body ? That's the easiest way and harder to find. If he killed her, and he dumped her body, you would throw Samantha's belongings including her phone with her, all in one go.
To me, I find that interesting, that's not the case here

And how long that phone has been in the dam and any other items as well, If they were placed in there after March 6, then someone else is involved, likewise If they can't get mobile cell data off the accused phone being at the dam either.
But police are finding it extremely difficult to locate Samantha's body, there seems a lot of effort done in making sure she won't be found, they can't even find her shoe in the bush
Police have kept quiet on what her running shoes are like, what brand, what colour etc
And the date and time is not on the still CCTV picture of Samantha
Someone though has given police information to search that particular dam
A lot of Forensics and Digital Intelligence is the high focussed with this case, with her body not located

Agree it’s all a bit strange - unless maybe the accused has help (again my theory is above of who that may be linked to) and then maybe the phone in the dam is just a rouse to get the accused talking as maybe he didn’t dispose of her body or the phone etc so maybe by showing him in jail the footage of police finding it was just to make him talk. As otherwise how would they just happen to chance upon this damn, with the tech dogs. Unless a witness saw something there of course , or a last data ping nearby (or her Apple Watch GPS?) and they went to look and used the tech dog to find it thereafter.

If it’s legitimately her phone I do so hope they recovered something

Maybe coming off this bender the night before and sleeping it off in his vehicle in the bush he saw Sam and attacked her , etc or perhaps she saw his vehicle in the bush and took a photo of it on her phone and he saw and then attacked her . Or gosh who knows . But again I think he had help hiding her body and those ”helpers” are in my theory above and hence why he is staying silent (loyalty) .

I’m wondering where the accused’s family is now , - understandably got out of Ballarat but it seemed all very fast.

Keen to see how this all unfolds …

I have always thought it was random and involved only 1 perp
but, honestly,
anything is possible.

His persistent silence and no body found is baffling.
Especially,
as he has this fancy lawyer,
who should have convinced him it would be better to disclose where the body is.
(Parole, etc)

Provided, of course,
that Police have enough evidence of guilt.

If the evidence is only circumstantial,
then no wonder he is as silent as a grave.

PS
Nobody else has been arrested/charged.
Which is strange if he didn't act alone.

Time will tell.

JMO

Last edited:
I have always thought it was random and involved only 1 perp
but, honestly,
anything is possible.

His persistent silence and no body found is baffling.
Especially,
as he has this fancy lawyer,
who should have convinced him it would be better to disclose where the body is.
(Parole, etc)

Provided, of course,
that Police have enough evidence of guilt.

If the evidence is only circumstantial,
then no wonder he is as silent as a grave.

PS
Nobody else has been arrested/charged.
Which is strange if he didn't act alone.

Time will tell.

JMO

Depends on what the police have on him, If it's damning evidence, and he knows 'he's up the creek without a paddle' someone else is involved, he could spill a lot of beans during the court proceedings
If this is the case, maybe a ploy the police are waiting on..

"The alleged killer of Ballarat mum Samantha Murphy
i
s expected to tune into his next court appearance from a prison office.

Patrick Orren Stephenson, 22,
will front the Ballarat Magistrates' Court on Thursday over the alleged murder of Ms Murphy.

Sources have told that Stephenson is unlikely to make the trip from the Melbourne Assessment Prison in the heart of Melbourne's CBD
to Ballarat
for the short administrative hearing.

Instead he is scheduled to be beamed into court via video link from the prison,
where he is understood to be housed in a highly secure protection unit."

Side note; Jacob Hersant Is an electrician too I believe or at least was to be undertaking an electrician apprenticeship as a side note as noted in the court docs from that case https://www.supremecourt.vic.gov.au/sites/default/files/2024-04/DPP v Sewell DPP v Hersant 2024 VSCA 70.pdf

Your theory has merit. There is online, a photo of the accused in what appears to be a school setting, where by they display the "ok hand" gesture, upside down.

I only became aware of this symbols meaning after the Christchurch Massacre killer displayed it in their first court appearance.

I believe it is supposed to stand for "White Power"

t_63fa315b3638433081070eee3716c73f_name_F428430A8BC04010A03F200EE9F54466.jpg

But what does this "White Power" have to do with Samantha?

She was just a woman who went for a morning run.

As other women joggers who were attacked all over the world.
As WS threads show us :(

But what does this "White Power" have to do with Samantha?

She was just a woman who went for a morning run.

As other women joggers who were attacked all over the world.
As WS threads show us :(

Yeah, don't really feel it myself either. Just pointing out the fact.

The driving home drunk after picking up car from the residence it was left at the night prior and then hitting and deciding to kill a dieing person seems more likely to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loutrecygne7
Back