VA Sarah Lee Murray 14 missing from Kenbridge, Virginia 1997

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Moonwalker9

Reaction score
No thread for her so here it is:
Sarah Lee Murray – The Charley Project
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Sarah Lee Murray
  • sarah_lee_murray_1.jpg
  • sarah_lee_murray_2.jpg
  • sarah_lee_murray_3.jpg
  • murray_sarah_ap.jpg
Sarah, circa 1997; Age-progression to age 36 (circa 2018)

• Missing Since02/18/1997
  • Missing FromKenbridge, Virginia
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth07/29/1982 (36)
  • Age14 years old
  • Height and Weight5'7, 139 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA green sweatshirt, gray leggings, maroon socks and brown hiking boots.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Sandy brown hair, hazel eyes. Sarah's nickname is Susana (sometimes spelled "Suzanna"). She has an extra tooth growing from the roof her mouth, and her ears are pierced. Sarah speaks fluent Spanish.
Details of Disappearance
Sarah was last seen in Kenbridge, Virginia on February 18, 1997. She has never been heard from again. Sarah may be in the company of an adult male.

Sarah grew up in Chesterfield County, Virginia and moved to Kenbridge in November 1995. Her mother was killed in a car accident only days later, while en route to visit her.

Sarah was staying with a relative at the time of her disappearance, and was known to frequent the Richmond, Virginia metropolitan area. She may have associates within the Hispanic community. Authorities stated they have little evidence in her case, which remains unsolved.

This week, Sarah's case is featured on the Charley Project.
Ir makes me feel very sad thinking about a 14-year-old losing her mother and then going missing.
If she did go with "an adult male," he's not a friend. She would have been so vulnerable.
I hope she's safe out there.
And that her relatives will receive answers.

I live near the area this girl went missing and what I find odd is in august of 1997 they found partial remains of a female in a pond in the same county. They say it was ruled out as not being her but I’m not sure how they ruled it out. It’s a very small county so it just makes me wonder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back