Satiated

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Gary Merriman (Access Graphics) was asked for SEVEN handwriting samples. Do you think there were some "similarities" to the RN?

CNN Chat transcript Apr 14, 2000, Author Steve Thomas tells his story. "What was interesting is that we found no history of pathology or evidence to indicate that John Ramsey had any untoward relationship or discipline with his children. I found Patsy Ramsey to be a complex person on many levels but there had been no reported history of any abuse in the house."

Originally posted by Toth
There are a variety of theories about this case, some of them so absurd as to be humorus.

WHAT DO THE BOULDER KIDS SAY THESE DAYS???

I don't think we need deal with the really far out stuff such as Patsy killed JonBenet when she suddenly realized JonBenet was going to grow up to be too short for the Miss America Pageant.

I don't think we deal with the 'kiled for the insurance money' since there was no insurance policy and the Ramseys have spent a small fortune on lawyers and investigators.

But for those of you who think this was a murder by a pedophile, what about saitey?

Has he not killed since?
Has he killed in a different manner?
Why was there 'minimal' sexual activity compared to what is often done to such vicitms both before and after death?
If the garotte was fashioned so as to prolong the death, did this particular crime fully satisfy his blood lust?

But for those of you who think this was a murder by a pedophile, what about saitey?

Has he not killed since?
Why was there 'minimal' sexual activity compared to what is often done to such vicitms both before and after death?
If the garotte was fashioned so as to prolong the death, did this particular crime fully satisfy his blood lust?

Toth: Has he not killed since?

Ned: she has not killed since because, this was an accidental murder in nature, covered due to sexual abuse. If this was an intruder I would have expected with this sort of high profile crime and the risk taken, the intruder would have struck again. There was minimal sexual activity because the child was not molested by a pedophile intruder. The garrote was fashioned to simulate a sexual act, none took place. It was simply a ruse.

Sabrina: Nor is his DNA on file in Codis. So he never committed an unsolved crime, nor was he ever charged for one. That is, if we believe Lou Smit when he has it that the killer's DNA was under her nails, and that she was a "pedophile's dream."

Ned: The unidentifiable DNA was never run through Codis. It can only be used to exclude a suspect, it cannot identify one.

Nellicat: The condition of JB's body: wrapped carefully, her favorite nightgown nearby, laid as if to sleep. This is NOT the modus operandi of someone who is torturing the girl for fun or in order to torment her parents

Ned: There you go Nellicat and nice to meet ya, I see you are using your brain. Exactly. The crime is what it seems. A child covered with her favorite blanket which was in the dryer, how or why would an intruder know or bother getting it out, and her favorite nightgown beside her. Tape on mouth was purely for show, rope didn't break hybrid bone in neck, and child wasn't penetrated. Broken paint brush used to "simulate" sex. Child hidden in farthest part of the basement. Yet Toth suggests this intruder was all in it for the fun? Then why cover the body? Why tape her mouth? Why molest her with a paint brush instead of raping her? Why hide the body?

Toth: No deposition. It was that others were closer to the note than Patsy. It was not that those others necessarily wrote the note.

Ned: ahhh but the question is Toth did those other have matching fibers found on the child and on the tape and on the rope and in the paint tote like Patsy did? Had those others had any agenda against the Ramsey's or JOhn in particular? It's the totality of the crime that points towards Patsy and I am banking one day they may be able to lift something off that garrote to tell us who tied it.

Mibro: Lloyd Cunningham could not eliminate Chris Wolf himself as the author. Wolf's own girlfriend testified that she was "struck by how the handwriting in the note resembled his own handwriting" and believes that he is the note's author.

Ned: Chris Wolf was ruled out. Patsy has not been. ONe doesn't need to be a hand writing expert to determine wether or not Patsy is the possibly author, I happen to think she is the most likely person thus far.

....................any good investigator could NOT IMO rule Pasty, John NOR Burke out as possible suspects. There is just NO conclusive evidence that ANY intruder entered or exited the home that night.

Originally posted by Ivy
The intruder would also know every nuance of Patsy's handwriting in order to mimic it in the ransom note.

Toth, have you viewed the documents showing Patsy's exemplars next to the handwriting in the ransom note? My guess is that you haven't, and that you don't want to.

Originally posted by Ivy
The intruder would also know every nuance of Patsy's handwriting in order to mimic it in the ransom note.

Toth, have you viewed the documents showing Patsy's exemplars next to the handwriting in the ransom note? My guess is that you haven't, and that you don't want to.
\\

Ditto!

Ned: The unidentifiable DNA was never run through Codis. It can only be used to exclude a suspect, it cannot identify one.

Would you be good enough to explain this statement? WHY was the BPD submitting suspects' DNA for comparison, if the DNA can only exclude? Do you not think they hoped for (and still hope for) a match? If I understand your statement correctly, you are saying that if they had a sample of the killer's DNA, that the only result they could get is exclusion, not a match. Does that make sense?

Ditto!

We do know there were six QDE experts who DID see Patsy's exemplars next to the handwriting in the ransom note. They ALL either eliminated her or rated her comparison very low.

Originally posted by Nedthan Johns
....................any good investigator could NOT IMO rule Pasty, John NOR Burke out as possible suspects. There is just NO conclusive evidence that ANY intruder entered or exited the home that night.

Excellent posting and reminds me of the fact that that the R's have no reason/explanation/excuse/justification for their actions/whereabouts at certain/timings...asleep??? Get Real?

Originally posted by MIBRO

Would you be good enough to explain this statement? WHY was the BPD submitting suspects' DNA for comparison, if the DNA can only exclude? Do you not think they hoped for (and still hope for) a match? If I understand your statement correctly, you are saying that if they had a sample of the killer's DNA, that the only result they could get is exclusion, not a match. Does that make sense?

http://www.orchidcellmark.com/about/labs.asp
FYI for what it's worth?

Although many of these achievements are already known to members of the legal and scientific communities, highly publicized criminal cases at OC Germantown have propelled the science of DNA testing in general, and Orchid Cellmark in particular, into public awareness. These include the O.J. Simpson case, the JonBenet Ramsey case, and the Unabomber case.

Ned: Chris Wolf was ruled out. Patsy has not been. ONe doesn't need to be a hand writing expert to determine wether or not Patsy is the possibly author, I happen to think she is the most likely person thus far.

Ned, it is great to go through life with great self-confidence, but, unless you are a QDE and compared the original ransom note with the original exemplars, I think it would be wise for us all to accept the QD examiners conclusions over yours. JMO

Again, if I understand your statement correctly, you have said Patsy POSSIBLY wrote the note and she is your BEST bet. How many of the other suspects' handwriting exemplars have you seen for you to put Patsy at the top of your list? Have you seen the original ransom note? Do you know what you are looking for in order to reach this conclusion?

Thank you, Blazeboy (I think). Yes, there have been many cases resolved through DNA identification and that was the exact point I was trying to make in connection with Ned's statement to the contrary. The purpose of DNA comparison is to either exclude or include, not just to exclude.

Yes, John, Patsy, and Burke are still suspects, along with a list as long as your arm. There has been more exculpatory evidence for many of these suspects including the three Ramseys than inculpatory. The new investigating team is sifting through all of it again and has made a clear statement: The Ramseys have already been throroughly investigated and there is convincing evidence of an intruder. Did you miss that statement? If you did, I can get the exact quotes.

Ned: ... did those other have matching fibers found on the child and on the tape and on the rope and in the paint tote like Patsy did?

Was there a report stating there were fibers on the child, the tape, and the rope that were "Patsy's"? Or, are you referring to hearsay statements made that they were supposedly CONSISTENT with something Patsy MAY have worn? Was it a whole year that went by before the BPD got around to requesting the Ramsey clothing? Wasn't it some "red" fibers in the tote and on the tape and some dark fibers and some brown/tan fibers on the child? Was there a report somewhere saying they were ALL Patsy's?

Mibro: Ned: The unidentifiable DNA was never run through Codis. It can only be used to exclude a suspect, it cannot identify one.

Would you be good enough to explain this statement? WHY was the BPD submitting suspects' DNA for comparison, if the DNA can only exclude?

Ned: Because of the degration of the DNA not enough markers were identifiable to make it possible to run a match using the given system in which we code possible suspects, meaning it cannot be used to identify a suspect through these methods. A suspect has to be identified, and then comparied to what markers exsist, in order to confirm a match. Still, they may not be able to 100% positively identify suspect as such but could certainly rule them out. The DNA is degraded as such that it could have been on JB's body far longer than the night of the 25th.

Do you not think they hoped for (and still hope for) a match? If I understand your statement correctly, you are saying that if they had a sample of the killer's DNA, that the only result they could get is exclusion, not a match. Does that make sense?

Ned: Exactly.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slowloris