GUILTY SC - Alice Donovan, 44, Conway, 12 November 2002

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am Alice Donovans oldest daughter. In seeing the recent posts wondering about the DNA testing of my mom I thought I would update everyone thus far..

My mothers remains were sent to a university in Texas that specializes in DNA on bones that other labs can not work with.. Her remains were sent to them in April before EAster and we are still waiting for results..We were told that it could posbbibly take up to six months before they could get any kind of DNA comparison, so that would bring us up to October before we may find out anything, if it is is possible to get any DNA from the bones...

Thank you all for asking and caring!

Alibar, you and your family have my thoughts and prayers....

Alibar, you and your family have my thoughts and prayers....

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference
......... I live by these words now!! And say them daily...

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers!!! ((hugs))

http://www.wistv.com/global/story.asp?s=10787030
HORRY COUNTY, SC (WIS) - The human remains found in Longs in January are those of a woman missing for seven years, DNA testing has confirmed.

The Horry County Police Criminal Investigations Division received the results from DNA testing of the human bones recovered from a wooded area near Water Tower Road and Long Bay Road in January 2009.

Donovan had been missing since she was kidnapped from the Conway Wal-Mart parking lot seven years ago.

On Channel 13 news this evening at 6pm, it was said that Alice's family was in NY for a family funeral when the results came in. There will be a memorial for her to include the public.

Prayers to Alice's family. Closure finally.

Praise God for DNA and being able to confirm that Alice has been found! To the daughter and family of Alice, our prayers go with you as you make your final preparations. {{{HUGS}}}

:praying::praying:Alibar, My prayers are with you and your family today. When I read the story on WIS-TV that the ID had been made, I was overcome with tears... Tears of Joy that you all now have your mother back with you and have some kind of closure, but tears of saddness at finally knowing that she is no longer here with us on earth... I can only offer that she is in a much better place, and she is loved by many who didn't even know her. I know she will watch after you and yours just like my Daddy does me. If you all need anything, please don't be hesitant to ask, as I know I would be there in a minute if needed, as I am sure that many of the Websleuthers family would be too.

May love surround you all in your time. :praying:

Prayers to Alice's family. I'm so glad she is home now.

Salem

http://www2.scnow.com/scp/news/loca...and_friends_gather_for_funeral_service/86642/

Dozens of family members, some who came from New England, friends, and police officers and officials who led the search to find Donovan attended her funeral at Hilcrest Cemetery in Conway.

“We’re here today because seven years ago, an act of evil took place. That act showed really the worst that man is capable of; the absolute worst of mankind was revealed seven years ago today. But, since that time, working on this case and knowing the family, friends, I’ve seen the best of what man is capable of being brought out,“ said FBI agent Jeff Brunig, who worked on the case to find Donovan.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tankaroo
Back