Found Deceased SC - A'sha Rucker, 17, Williamston, 18 Nov 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The rental car is odd. usually you have to be 21 to drive a rental. When was a teen my mom had one when her car was wrecked. i was not allowed to drive do to bring under 21.

strange case.

Why was she missing for 2 days before anyone went looking??

Yeah, good question. Just another of those cases where a young girl's car is found in a strange place, her family can't find her, but "they have no indication that any foul play is involved in her disappearance," to quote LE from the initial post of this thread.

One thing that occurred to me is that one of the posted articles say that the phone records show that A'sha's messages were being retrieved; maybe someone made an incorrect assumption that if the messages are being retrieved, it's by the owner of the cellphone.

WILLIAMSTON — Autopsy results from a Williamston teen’s death provide evidence of strangulation but the exact cause of death has not been determined.
http://www.independentmail.com/news/2009/nov/22/williamston-teen-may-have-been-strangled/

Scott Ramsey, Greenville County deputy coroner, said the autopsy revealed A'sha Rucker, 17, had marks on her neck indicating possible strangulation, but “at this point, we can't confirm” that is how she died.
http://www.greenvilleonline.com/art...on-teen-may-have-been-strangled-autopsy-finds

I found another article which references strangulation as well. But, "evidence of strangulation, but not enough to confirm it as a cause of death?" So what then, a confrontation and she was choked but that's not what killed her?

http://www.wyff4.com/news/21676886/detail.html

*snipped*

An autopsy was completed Saturday. Deputy Coroner Scott Ramsey told News 4 that the body had evidence of strangulation, but not enough to confirm it as the cause of death. The deputy coroner said they will have to wait until toxicology tests come in to determine a cause, which could take several weeks. The Greenville County Sheriff's office says the case is being handled as a suspicous death.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And here's something at least odd. The family spokesman makes reference to RUMORS that A'sha's mother had something to do with A'sha's death?

http://www2.wspa.com/spa/news/local/article/body_found_in_southern_greenville_county1/30039/

*snipped*

A family friend told News Channel 7 on Sunday that the family is still in a state of shock. “You can’t describe what they’re going through they are living every parent’s worse nightmare right now,“ Heather Holcombe said. To make matters worse, she says, the family has heard rumors circulating around town that somehow the mother was invovled. “For anyone to start rumors that Lavette may be involved is absolutely ludicrous. There is now way,“ she said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow, I wonder where THAT came from? Also, the reports that I've read say that she was deceased for up to 24 hours before she was found. That would mean she was alive for up to a day and a half after she disappeared?

Is it me, or is this whole thing getting weird?

As far as the rumors, I am not suprized about that. Being from SC, and knowing how things go in a small town, it doesn't take much to get a rumor started and have it spread. If at some point A'sha and her mom had any troubles between, this could be were the speculation of one could lead to the rumors.

As far as the evidence of strangulation on autopsy- wouldn't that alone, evidence of strangulation, kinda indicate that someone had something to do with this girls death? The only reason I can figure that it is incinclusive as a cause of death would be if the hyloid bone that protects the trachea was not broken. THAT would be very unusual in a strangulation.

Guess we will have to wait til the toxicology comes back......?

well that's odd about the strangulation part, it's either u were strangled or you weren't and you die from strangulation , it seems (to me anyway) stragulation would be cut and dry but...evidently not....
weird...

Chief: Teen Was 'Murdered'

A'sha Rucker's Autopsy Results Inconclusive

Rucker was laid to rest Tuesday at 2 p.m. at the New Hopewell Baptist Church on Dorchester Road in Belton. The church was crowded with those mourning A'sha.

Angela Oliver said, "She always had a smile on her face. She was a good girl -- a good kid. (She) didn't deserve what she got."

"There is a monster walking around they need to find monster did this to this little girl," Oliver said. "I'm going to miss her smiling face."

The Williamston Police Department and Greenville County Sheriff's Office are both investigating the death. Anyone with information is asked to contact CrimeStoppers at 23-CRIME.

More at:
http://www.wyff4.com/news/21698650/detail.html

I dunno, this case disturbs me. It says she was bullied. I dont like that one bit! I have a huge soft spot in my heart for kids that are bullied.

I dunno, this case disturbs me. It says she was bullied. I dont like that one bit! I have a huge soft spot in my heart for kids that are bullied.

yeah, me too. something about this is just off. idk...wierd, rental car, abandoned house and only "sorta" strangled(whatever the heck that means???). also the bullying cant be good either. i just want to believe le when they said that solving this is their number one priority...

Yesterday a 13 year old boy died in my town, after hanging himself. The official news report is that he was into "choking games". However, the word on the street is that he was being bullied at school.

These stories break my heart...

Rest in peace A'sha. :rose:

Such a sad case. I pray LE finds answers soon so that A'sha and her family can have some justice.

So what I got from that article was last known date she was seen was Nov 17th (Tues) - Mom finds parts of her purse, parts of wallets, keys and glasses on side of road on Friday (20th) and kids playing near abandoned house several miles from where items were found find her body on the 20th. However - someone was using/retreiving msgs from A'sha's cell phone on Thurs (19th) and preliminray coroner's report is that is when she died (19th). Death MAY be from strangulation but coroner's ofc is waiting for tox report to confirm.

She disappears on the 17th (tues) and dies on the 19th (Thurs) and doesn't call home at all? Her cell phone still has battery to pick up msgs on the 19th - why isn't LE pinging it from the 17th on? By the 18th she would have been gone for more than 24 hours - she is under 18. Even if she is a runaway - who cares? She still needs to be found....

There is something missing in this whole thing - some piece that isn't being told.

Coroner: Teen Died From Strangulation

A’sha Rucker Death Still Unsolved

POSTED: 4:00 pm EDT April 19, 2010
UPDATED: 4:06 pm EDT April 19, 2010

Greenville County, S.C. -- An official cause of death has been determined in the death of A’sha Rucker. The Greenville County Coroner’s Office said the official cause of death is homicide by strangulation. A toxicology report showed Rucker had a “therapeutic amount” of Benedryl in her system, which did not contribute to her death.

Early on in the investigation, investigators said it would be easier to determine a suspect once the cause of death was determined.
Williamston police are working closely with Greenville County deputies, since Rucker’s body was found across the county line. Inman said the two agencies have to be careful not to step over jurisdictional lines because it could affect the case in court. The State Law Enforcement Division (SLED) is also helping in the investigation.

"[Rucker] was possibly killed in one county and recovered in another county. We've got to process all that evidence,” said Inman.

"It's not something we're going to let go unsolved," said Inman.

more here

http://www.wyff4.com/news/23198209/detail.html

Prayers for A’sha's family. :(

<snip>

Greenville County deputy coroner Scott Ramsey says 17-year-old A'sha Rucker was strangled up to two days before her body was found by children in Williamston.

Ramsey says Rucker had therapeutic amounts of Benadryl and pain medicine in her system, but it didn't contribute to her death.

more here (nothing new tho)

http://www.wciv.com/news/stories/0410/727579.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member