Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. If it was full blown evidence then there would already be an arrest. If not an arrest then atleast a search warrant. I think people have finally started TALKING, and the whole reason for this news release was to let us know that they are coming and approaching whoever quickly! They just need that final piece of information and real evidence to make an arrest!!!

I'm from a small town, nothing is EVER a secret in a small town.

This reminds me of poor Holly Bobo who was abducted off her porch from a guy in camo who later we found out was just some creep from her hometown. Him and his friends recorded having sex with her after abducting her and keeping her alive for days before ultimately killing her. I really hope this was not the case with poor Brittanee.

If the evidence was located in an abandoned building or if a property owner had found it and called it in, then no search warrant may have been needed. IMO evidence was found on property not linked to the perps. Very easily done in this extremely isolated area. Just go to Google maps and zoom in on the area between McClellanville and the Santee River.

Thank you cujenn81 for transcribing the press release!

What I hear the FBI saying is: if you come forward willingly with good information that results in an arrest, we'll give you $25,000, and if you have information and don't come forward, we will file charges against you.

I like that!

If career criminal he won't buy their bluff

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

If career criminal he won't buy their bluff

I feel like they are not going for the one/ones who did it, but the bystanders who saw it happen, sorta like in the Holly Bobo case, and get one of those to talk. I believe in the HB case, the talker was also a participant.
MOO

If the evidence was located in an abandoned building or if a property owner had found it and called it in, then no search warrant may have been needed. IMO evidence was found on property not linked to the perps. Very easily done in this extremely isolated area. Just go to Google maps and zoom in on the area between McClellanville and the Santee River.

Good point!! But why not let us know what evidence they have? Then again they may not want to jeopardize the investigation. I just find it hard to believe they have real evidence unless they JUST obtained it because 7 years is a long time to have someone's loved ones on their toes wondering and waiting then boom out of no where a news release is announced saying they know she is dead. They could possibly have some form of evidence but clearly not enough to make arrests. However, it will happen soon hopefully!!!

They're coming for you whoever you are....

I feel like they are not going for the one/ones who did it, but the bystanders who saw it happen, sorta like in the Holly Bobo case, and get one of those to talk. I believe in the HB case, the talker was also a participant.
MOO
EXACTLY..... We have the same thoughts!!!

MOO

It's a plea deal in the making. There's something called the Prisoner's Paradox - a mathematical theory. When all participants and witnesses remain silent, they are all safe. Now that one person has come forward, the best course of action (minimize consequence) for other witnesses and participants is to be first to come forward.

May have some evidence but not enough to make an arrest

It's a plea deal in the making. There's something called the Prisoner's Paradox - a mathematical theory. When all participants and witnesses remain silent, they are all safe. Now that one person has come forward, the best course of action (minimize consequence) for other witnesses and participants is to be first to come forward.

Yes! I remember learning about this once upon a time. Thanks for the reminder!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoner's_dilemma?wprov=sfsi1

This may work but only if a deal is in it for the person coming forward

I just got back in town last night and read this on FB trending so of course I immediately came here. I am just sick about this. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Drexel family.

I am going out on a limb here and relying on memory from early in this case so consider this asrumor. Does anyone else remember chatter early on about a party that members of the group Brittanee was with attending a party thrown by some kids from a HS or community college south of MB before she disappeared? This alleged party was the first thing I thought of when I read that more than one person knows what happened to Britt. The person(s) who took her after she left Bluewater could have been someone she met at that alleged party if she was there. Perhaps they delivered illegal substance to the guys at bluewater and laid in wait for Britt to return to her hotel after being sent by the girls to pick up their half of the purchase.

Please somebody chime in if you recall this discussion and details. Possible aquisition of drugs were discussed. More than one person having knowledge of what happened just wreaks of something wild young men would do.

My gut tells me that the alleged party to the south the group allegedly attended may play a pivotal role in what happened to Britt. I never felt the group she was with did anything to her but that they knew or at least suspected by association due to possible aquisition of drugs. All my speculation and opinion.

I agree with the person upthread who suggested searching arrest records in the three counties involved and the municipalities. Sound like someone may have been arrested for a felony and is talking in hopes of gettting a reduced sentence. It may be a futile effort though since authorities said they have known this information for awhile it would be difficult to pin down a date. Heck I would go so far as to check for criminal and arrest records for members of the Chili group.

I wish I had time on my hands to sleuth like I did once upon a time. But the important thing is somebody's talking and for that I am grateful. My prayer is that Brittanee and the Angels will shine a light which leads to her remains so that her family can mourn properly, give her a proper burial and also celebrate her short life here on Earth. She exuded a beautiful spirit like no other.

MOO

I have been thinking a lot since yesterday. I feel like they have her remains and just not disclosing it publicly. I think that's how they know she died brutally and is dead.
They either have her remains or video/photo of what happened.

I feel like there is so much more to disclose but they aren't. I believe the Drexels were informed more behind doors on Tuesday and was told not to disclose any information they were given. They are certain she is dead. What evidence did the FBI give the Drexels? Remains? Photos? Video? Something is going on. They are holding everything close until they make the arrest. I believe they know where she was held and by whom.

I read the transcribed presser (thanks again Cujenn!) and noticed that the only person that mentioned Britt's remains was Dawn. Why didn't LE ask for help finding them? Do you think that's something they know and are keeping from the family? Maybe they know the location but haven't retrieved them, just mulling this press conference in my mind. Lots to digest.

I think this may be LE's way of keeping a few cards up their sleeve. I think it's possible that they already have her remains and just aren't saying it yet, because they need more proof in regards to the person(s) who killed her. If they don't have her remains, I wouldn't think it would be a smart move to bring all this up again and ask for help finding her remains, because that would give the perp(s) time to move the remains if they felt that LE was closing in on them. Unless maybe someone (LE) is at the site where her remains are, watching to see who might wander by to attempt and recover those remains so they can move them elsewhere. That would be a good way to catch the killer(s). That's all JMO though, of course.

Do we think it's possible they found this evidence at Corner Loop hence the multiple "hits" from the cadaver dogs? They stated that they've known for "some time" that Brittanee had been killed. IIRC, that search was a couple years ago. This particular search did generate media interest however we never heard what came of it. Thoughts?

I think it's possible. Cadaver dogs aren't usually wrong. I guess it's possible that someone else could've been killed there though, not necessarily Brittanee.

I searched on FB about Britanee, and there is a lawyer Erin Bailey who is willing to represent any witnesses for free in the event he/she may feel intimidated.

I hope this gets someone talking.

I just got back in town last night and read this on FB trending so of course I immediately came here. I am just sick about this. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Drexel family.

I am going out on a limb here and relying on memory from early in this case so consider this asrumor. Does anyone else remember chatter early on about a party that members of the group Brittanee was with attending a party thrown by some kids from a HS or community college south of MB before she disappeared? This alleged party was the first thing I thought of when I read that more than one person knows what happened to Britt. The person(s) who took her after she left Bluewater could have been someone she met at that alleged party if she was there. Perhaps they delivered illegal substance to the guys at bluewater and laid in wait for Britt to return to her hotel after being sent by the girls to pick up their half of the purchase.

Please somebody chime in if you recall this discussion and details. Possible aquisition of drugs were discussed. More than one person having knowledge of what happened just wreaks of something wild young men would do.

My gut tells me that the alleged party to the south the group allegedly attended may play a pivotal role in what happened to Britt. I never felt the group she was with did anything to her but that they knew or at least suspected by association due to possible aquisition of drugs. All my speculation and opinion.

I agree with the person upthread who suggested searching arrest records in the three counties involved and the municipalities. Sound like someone may have been arrested for a felony and is talking in hopes of gettting a reduced sentence. It may be a futile effort though since authorities said they have known this information for awhile it would be difficult to pin down a date. Heck I would go so far as to check for criminal and arrest records for members of the Chili group.

I wish I had time on my hands to sleuth like I did once upon a time. But the important thing is somebody's talking and for that I am grateful. My prayer is that Brittanee and the Angels will shine a light which leads to her remains so that her family can mourn properly, give her a proper burial and also celebrate her short life here on Earth. She exuded a beautiful spirit like no other.

MOO

wm, I have missed you! Good to see you. To be honest, I don't remember this party. Time to review the threads.

Is the JRT on page 2 from the family that has been referenced here? If so, he would have been 16 and in high school at this time.

Not sure, but there are two with that last name, JRT and an older man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413