Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A city council meeting was held today and open to the public. Apparently, after hearing several complaints, the mayor had originally planned to end the meeting before being briefed by MBPD. However, a councilman spoke up and expressed his opinion that the citizens of MB should be allowed to also hear what the police had to say about the shootings. A second council member agreed with him, so they continued on with the meeting in an open setting, as the interim chief of police (our former chief retired last month) took the floor and briefed city council and local citizens about the incidents that occurred over the weekend.

"She said that 46 officers, including those from outside agencies, were in the boulevard area from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday, and that the suspected shooter was apprehended six minutes after the shots were fired.

Police have yet to release his name, but said the still-hospitalized suspect is a 17-year-old from North Carolina. Prock said Tuesday they believe the shooting to be gang-related."

"... after public comment and Prock’s presentation, Pedersen gave three immediate proposals: better lighting of some areas downtown, a potentially earlier juvenile curfew and barricades along certain sections of Ocean Boulevard.

The barricades, which are used more extensively during big-traffic events like Memorial Day weekend’s bike rallies, would not block off intersections or crosswalks. They would stretch along the boulevard from 16th to 12th avenues North, from 9th to 8th avenues North, and from 7th Avenue North to 17th Avenue South.

‘Take this city back or get out, all of you!’ Residents voice anger over shootings
http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/article157249044.html

"A 17-year-old North Carolina boy accused of opening fire into a crowd after a fight outside the Wayfarer Motel on Ocean Boulevard early Sunday morning had been “involved in gang activity,” acting Myrtle Beach police Chief Amy Prock told city leaders Tuesday afternoon.

He also knew his immediate victim, she said. Seven people were injured in the shooting, including the shooter, whose name has not yet been released, but police did say the teen was known by authorities in N.C."

"The shooter and the stolen vehicle were detained at that location three minutes after the shooting had started at 12:25 a.m., she said.

The gunman, who was injured when a security guard fired at him during the shooting, was transported to the hospital.

City surveillance cameras and witnesses at the scene helped police locate the gun the suspect discarded in his escape from the boulevard, according to Prock.

Police are waiting for the shooter to be released from the hospital and formerly served with warrants before releasing his name."

"Not listing their names or specific hometowns, Prock gave an update on the victims. An 18-year-old North Carolina man, who was involved in the fight with the suspect, is still in the hospital, she said.

An 18-year-old woman, also from North Carolina has been released from the hospital, Prock said."

"Other victims include a 17-year-old girl from Ohio and a male juvenile and 18-year-old female, both from North Carolina. Updates on their conditions were not released during the meeting."

"Prock says they plan to charge the 17-year-old shooter with seven counts of attempted murder."

“The shooting at Coastal Grand (Mall) is definitely believed to be a drug deal gone bad,” Prock said.

Darrell Gore, 18, of Myrtle Beach, “has been arrested and charged with one count of armed robbery and one count of attempted murder. He is in our jail,” she said.

Khadafi Aziz Dennison, 18, of Myrtle Beach and also in custody, has been charged with one count of armed robbery and one count of attempted murder.

Ten minutes after the mall shooting on Saturday, police were called to the Crown Reef Resort for a report of shots fired.

Prock says they have identified the suspects from that shooting “and warrants are currently pending.” She declined to share their names, saying the suspects have not been located.

17-year-old, who fired into crowd and wounded 6, was ‘involved in gang activity’
http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article157256064.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terrible for the city to endure this type of violence from young, dangerous, immature types.
I hope the city takes their city back

I saw that one too but the Washington state one is just weird , but The Towing is super creepy and I find it hard to believe he could even get bonded with his background to tow anyone , what a perfect set up , inbound calls to come rape and kill me , then tow my car to never be found !

omg your so right !

Wow ! Been very quiet .I have been reading threads from the very beginning on # 4 learning alot of stuf

In thread # 4 alot of people beleive the key is linked to JO. living in MB in 2008

I did read in thread # 4 That Jo actually didn't live in MB but Just a bit south of it.

I did read in thread # 4 That Jo actually didn't live in MB but Just a bit south of it.

wow Tiger I've been keepin up with old killer and young killer thru FB and seems they have moved to Charleston , and Dads little mantra at "I am a very nice and kind person" (cue me throwing up)

In this thread they also talk about 2 different sexual assualts that happened in 2 different hotels during the time B went missing. Thank God they both got away and not hurt.
sloane 7777, Go to thread 4 post 289 and click on the profile pictre and on the left side down below are the album pictures. JO is wearing the outfit a year earlier,that B was wearing when see vanished.

What I'm wondering is the Mr Brown in post 51 ,
Taqun Brown the one that actually broke the info in jail , I'm wondering did he try to tell sooner ?

What I'm wondering is the Mr Brown in post 51 ,
Taqun Brown the one that actually broke the info in jail , I'm wondering did he try to tell sooner ?
Wow ! didn't think to go there. how would you find out if he were the same Brown.

I use familytreenow.com. It's free and gives names of possible relations and the town they are located.

I there are # attached to it I wonder if its a report #...I can ask on the FB page , Dawn told me to call or fb anything unusual , remember at first where there were # to call for sightings that didn't work? I hate to think he tried to t ell them and no one responded but it looks like they sent car so I'm not sure , anyone else know how we could find out

I think about Brittanee's family often. If that were my daughter, I don't think I could stand the thought of what she went through in her last hours, even days...

It appears Autumndreams's albums are public so here is a link if it still works. If not, they can be accessed at Autumndreams's profile page http://www.websleuths.com/forums/album.php?u=43899

The pic of JO wearing the same outfit as Brittanee wore is downright creepy. For the first time ever I questioned the cctv pic of Britt entering Bar harbor. It could have been JO with blonde highlights!

I would like to know where these 'friends' were the night before Britt was taken when she was out alone and the young man walked her to HER room. (I previously thought the young man took her to HIS room but Disappeared says otherwise)

I still think its Brittanee in the still but its almost a sign like she's involved to me ! like some one is sending a sign!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pencat