Found Deceased SC - Celia Sweeney, 28, Charleston, Feb 2020 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here's my long-winded version :oops:, and it should definitely be considered a work in progress until we receive clarification on some of this stuff. MOO

Thursday, February 27
Thurs night, Feb 27 - Fri morning, Feb 28
Friday, February 28
Saturday, February 29
Monday, March 2, 2020
Wed, March 4, 2020
  • CPD announced the arrest of Walton who is charged with accessory after the fact of murder; bond set at $500,000.
MAP: 704 O’Henry Drive, Inman SC to 1001 Westchase Dr, Charleston, SC
I’m really confused about the bullet casing. If the bullet casing was found in her apartment then how was Carr’s body found with a supposed self inflicted gunshot wound 200miles away?

I’m really confused about the bullet casing. If the bullet casing was found in her apartment then how was Carr’s body found with a supposed self inflicted gunshot wound 200miles away?
I can't tell you how it relates but I do know that just because Carr apparently died of a gunshot wound does not mean that he (or anyone) was shot with that bullet or even that the gun was fired inside the apartment where the bullet was found. Strange, I know, and it will be interesting to learn more about the bullet. MOO

MW and GS are a couple according to her (now inactive) and his Facebook profiles. Lots of pictures together, tags, documented trips of GS visiting MW in Seattle. MW used to reside in Charleston, SC.

GS, a transplant from Boston, has lived in Charleston for several years and CS had moved to Charleston from Boston 6-8 months ago. Maybe they knew each other from Boston, because they both lived in the Westchase apartment complex in West Ashley and also both bartended at King Street Grille on Kiawah Island, SC.

MW and BC had been friends for at least 5 years according to past pictures posted on Facebook. MW came into Charleston that week from Seattle and BC from Spartanburg/Inman to attend a funeral for a man who went by the name “Nite Nite”. I imagine MW would plan on staying with his girlfriend GS (who lived in the same apartment complex as CS) and his friend BC would be crashing with them.

From what I’ve read in FB comments, CS had just met BC through MW & GS because he was staying at their place while in town for the funeral. They did not know each other prior.

BC was arrested twice on meth charges during 2019. He was supposed to be on house arrest in Inman at the time of the murder. According to a cousin posting in the comments on Facebook, he’d been sober for “at least eight months”.

I think the most suspicious thing about this case is WHERE WAS GS WHEN ALL OF THIS WAS GOING DOWN?! How could she not have known?! And why wasn’t she arrested along with her boyfriend?! During the days CS was missing, GS posted the missing person links on her profile about her missing “best friend” CS and praying she was safe. It’s peculiar.
SABBM

Excellent post.

I think the most suspicious thing about this case is WHERE WAS GS WHEN ALL OF THIS WAS GOING DOWN?!

Well, that is a good question...

One angle: Bullet casing can be explained by CS (the girl murdered) either fired a warning shot or pointed a gun at them in hopes to get them to leave...causing someone (whoever truly killed her) to go absolute bat crap crazy and kill her. Then they both tried to cover it up.

Personally, I think there is a good possibility that MW (accused accessory) is the one that actually murdered CS...and why the girlfriend of MW hid things (to protect him.) She wouldn't have been hiding it otherwise. I think bro-code came into play and BC tried to help cover it up for him. MW may have killed BC because BC knew too much - but more likely BC may have killed himself between Sat night (when the police arrived) and Monday a.m. when the search warrant was issued when the pressure became too much to handle.

MW can say anything he wants at this point. BC isn't here to defend himself or tell his side of story. BC was trying to make a good life for himself and trying to turn it all around...so it's possible he felt his life was over no matter what played out. I do believe at least one more arrest (or potential immunity for cooperation) will be made which is why they are asking if anyone has any additional information on the case to please contact the police.

One angle: Bullet casing can be explained by CS (the girl murdered) either fired a warning shot or pointed a gun at them in hopes to get them to leave...causing someone (whoever truly killed her) to go absolute bat crap crazy and kill her. Then they both tried to cover it up.

Personally, I think there is a good possibility that MW (accused accessory) is the one that actually murdered CS...and why the girlfriend of MW hid things (to protect him.) She wouldn't have been hiding it otherwise. I think bro-code came into play and BC tried to help cover it up for him. MW may have killed BC because BC knew too much - but more likely BC may have killed himself between Sat night (when the police arrived) and Monday a.m. when the search warrant was issued when the pressure became too much to handle.

MW can say anything he wants at this point. BC isn't here to defend himself or tell his side of story. BC was trying to make a good life for himself and trying to turn it all around...so it's possible he felt his life was over no matter what played out. I do believe at least one more arrest (or potential immunity for cooperation) will be made which is why they are asking if anyone has any additional information on the case to please contact the police.

I truly feel like this is the most likely scenario.

A lot of good thoughts there, @Kitty Katty . My gut feeling for a while has been that that casing came from a warning shot. Now from whom and whose gun - I don't know. If the weapon wasn't disposed of, ballistics may tell the tale.

WARNING - The following speculation may make Celia's friends or family uncomfortable. Please scroll & roll if you do not want to read. I will try to be sensitive here.

Here's the thing that makes no sense to me - Why would anyone transport a person 4 hours to leave them in their own backyard ? There's a lot of road, land (some of which is really isolated) and water between Charleston and Inman. It just boggles my mind.

Thankfully for Celia's family and friends, that did not happen and she was found.

The amount of force needed to cause enough trauma to lead to someone's death often results from pure rage/anger. Now what that rage was fueled by and who would be capable of that is anyone's guess. With the info we have now, I just can't see any other motive for that type of act.

I've also had the thought that maybe BC was designated the "fix-it" guy. Unfortunately, he can't talk, but if that turns out to be true, there could be a huge amount of guilt to be carried with that. Also possible that when he sobered up that reality looked a whole lot different.

Again, I apologize to family and friends and send sincere condolences to everyone. Two lives were lost - neither had to be. :(

All JMOO and pure speculation.

I truly feel like this is the most likely scenario.
A lot of good thoughts there, @Kitty Katty . My gut feeling for a while has been that that casing came from a warning shot. Now from whom and whose gun - I don't know. If the weapon wasn't disposed of, ballistics may tell the tale.

WARNING - The following speculation may make Celia's friends or family uncomfortable. Please scroll & roll if you do not want to read. I will try to be sensitive here.

Here's the thing that makes no sense to me - Why would anyone transport a person 4 hours to leave them in their own backyard ? There's a lot of road, land (some of which is really isolated) and water between Charleston and Inman. It just boggles my mind.

Thankfully for Celia's family and friends, that did not happen and she was found.

The amount of force needed to cause enough trauma to lead to someone's death often results from pure rage/anger. Now what that rage was fueled by and who would be capable of that is anyone's guess. With the info we have now, I just can't see any other motive for that type of act.

I've also had the thought that maybe BC was designated the "fix-it" guy. Unfortunately, he can't talk, but if that turns out to be true, there could be a huge amount of guilt to be carried with that. Also possible that when he sobered up that reality looked a whole lot different.

Again, I apologize to family and friends and send sincere condolences to everyone. Two lives were lost - neither had to be. :(

I have to agree. There is something that just does not add up. I am thinking maybe GS and MW were arguing and that is why MW and BC ended up at CS apartment. May explain the “going in and out” too. That argument could have led to the pure rage and anger needed. JMOO and pure speculation as well.

I'm starting to wonder if GS is the "bartender" from the early report that said that CS ditched the others. I kept thinking that a bartender would have no reason to make that up. But maybe they would have a reason to make it up.....IF that bartender was GS....

MOO

I think this scenario would be the most likely, considering CS was allegedly friends with Walton first and had only "trusted" Carr because he was friends with Walton. Perhaps Walton didn't want to risk getting charged for Carr's murder even if it was an act to aid to Celia.

If I didn't know Carr at all I would say yes. Knew the guy for 13 yrs, trusted him with my family, wife and kids, while we were in the Marine Corps together.
Hardest part I have with this whole thing is, I know for fact he isn't that dumb of a person or that cold blooded. When I say he isn't the dumb, who uses their debit card to purchase items to hide a body, especially after being out to multiple places with victim. Carr was a extremely smart guy, was one of my best CDIs in our shop. Second why would you drive her and everything back to your house to bury her(3.5hr driv ) , that right there makes zero sense.
If I went by the cover of the book, Carrs picture vs Waltons, your aren't choosing Carr out of a lineup. I don't see Walton heroically saving or looking to save anyone. Sorry if that upsets anyone.

If I didn't know Carr at all I would say yes. Knew the guy for 13 yrs, trusted him with my family, wife and kids, while we were in the Marine Corps together.
Hardest part I have with this whole thing is, I know for fact he isn't that dumb of a person or that cold blooded. When I say he isn't the dumb, who uses their debit card to purchase items to hide a body, especially after being out to multiple places with victim. Carr was a extremely smart guy, was one of my best CDIs in our shop. Second why would you drive her and everything back to your house to bury her(3.5hr driv ) , that right there makes zero sense.
If I went by the cover of the book, Carrs picture vs Waltons, your aren't choosing Carr out of a lineup. I don't see Walton heroically saving or looking to save anyone. Sorry if that upsets anyone.

I agree with several points. It is completely stupid to buy an obvious "bury body kit" with your debit card.

There are numerous places in the area to dump a body, cover it with vegetation, water, weigh it down, it would dissapear.

Looks like some rage here. As in, jealousy?! What did he have any rage about? Hmmm...

It seems to me that the evidence points to a two-man plan to actually dispose of the body somewhere Carr was familiar with near his home but he ended up dead and Walton couldn't carry it out alone or was unwilling to.

This does seem pretty likely to me. Sweeney has been mentioned as a gun owner in this thread and flying into a rage isn't an unheard of reaction to being threatened with a firearm.

Do not draw a weapon if you are unprepared to use it, People.

I do not believe GS was the bartender.

At MINIMUM I believe she was with them and then left CS in a bad situation that no sudden “best friend” would ever do. Who leaves two drunk guys—one of which was her drunk boyfriend at their “best friends” house?
Did she even try to help get them out of CS’ house? If I were to wager a guess I would say she’s could be skirting a lesser charge because of her police cooperation. I think she could have known after the fact and tried to protect MW.

I don’t know if this was some “Old Lady” biker club bs where CS may have felt obligated to be a good host for these guys while they were in town...I wouldn’t be surprised if the shell was from CS’ gun and she fired it for warning or protection. CS would not have been intoxicated if she knew she may need to protect herself.

I agree with several points. It is completely stupid to buy an obvious "bury body kit" with your debit card.

There are numerous places in the area to dump a body, cover it with vegetation, water, weigh it down, it would dissapear.

Looks like some rage here. As in, jealousy?! What did he have any rage about? Hmmm...

That's another thing I'm having trouble putting together. I don't see what could of made Carr rage enough to kill someone. Been around him in some of his most drunken states, don't remember a time that he ever tried to start a fight. Most marines when drunk do that quite a bit, unfortunately.

Was anything ever mentioned about a bullet casing found at Carr's residence or that it looked like it was done there. Definitely would be blood everywhere, if everything else was left out and about then the casing should be there too.

Buddy had family in the surrounding areas didn't he?

Yes! Buddy had come a long way and deserves to leave this world with dignity!!! RIP Buddy Allen Carr ❤️

Despite all his defenders, I have no doubt BC killed CS. CS texted someone she was trying to get a guy out of her apt. He had other things on his mind & didn't want to leave. Pretty simple. jmo
There is definitely NOTHING SIMPLE about this case and NO WAY BC would ever do what you’re implying!! Did you know BC personally and on friendly terms? I already know the answer to that by your comment.

There is definitely NOTHING SIMPLE about this case and NO WAY BC would ever do what you’re implying!! Did you know BC personally and on friendly terms? I already know the answer to that by you comment.

No I don't know him. The problem is anyone without verification can say they know someone & attest to their moral character. That's why there is an insider verification procedure on Websleuths. Otherwise posters can make up stories to support their opinion. I could say I knew BC & he was very capable of what LE is saying.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back