SC SC- Donna McKracken, 22,& David Clemishaw, 28, bound & strangled bodies found by creek bed, Tigerville, the car located in N.C., 11/7/78, *Re-opened*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
July 8 2024
''GREENVILLE COUNTY, S.C. —
Almost 5 decades after the bodies of a man and woman were found strangled in Greenville County, deputies are asking the public for help solving the cold case.
The Greenville County Sheriff’s Office Cold Case Unit made the plea Monday on Facebook.
They said Donna McKracken, 22, and David Clemishaw, 28, both of Asheville, North Carolina, were found dead on July 11th, 1978.''
1720542550604.png

1720542610712.png
The GCSO Cold Case Unit reopened the investigation recently to re-examine old evidence and look for new leads in the case.

I’m glad to have this thread as I’ve been following this today. I do hope they have some kind of evidence to work with. Greenville has a good record with cold cases I think so I’m positive about this so far.

''Tom Seigler believes he knows who killed Donna McCracken and David Clemishaw. He has talked to the two men. He has stared them in the eyes. Yet they have never been charged in the deaths of the young Asheville couple who, 25 years ago Friday, were found lying blindfolded in a creek near a Tigerville, S.C, bean field, their wrists bound with twine''.
''Sheriff's investigators said about an ounce of marijuana was found in the Asheville home Miss McCracken and Clemishaw shared. In the meantime, Greenville County investigators expressed frustration a and disbelief Friday with an extradition being handled by the Buncombe County, N.C., sheriff's office. Two Buncombe County deputies drove to Los Angeles this week to bring back Larry Hux, a boyfriend of Clemishaw's former wife. Hux, who reportedly jumped bond on a drug store robbery charge and fled to California, is wanted for questioning about the murders.''

Do they think the victims were killed in Asheville and brought to SC since the car was back in NC? Obviously nothing went on with Mr Hux after his return.

"Jul 8, 2024
Almost 5 decades after the bodies of a man and woman were found strangled in Greenville County, deputies are asking the public for help solving the cold case'.

46 years ago...

The photo of the couple's Pontiac brings to my mind questions. It looks like the car's trunk area might have been dusted for fingerprints (blackened areas).

One rear wheel has been removed. Was this due to a blown tire and attempt to change it? Was the car abandoned by the killers and later vandalized? Was there any evidence found inside?

46 years ago...

The photo of the couple's Pontiac brings to my mind questions. It looks like the car's trunk area might have been dusted for fingerprints (blackened areas).

One rear wheel has been removed. Was this due to a blown tire and attempt to change it? Was the car abandoned by the killers and later vandalized? Was there any evidence found inside?

I’ve been thinking of the car too and I thought it looked like a tire missing and wasn’t sure. There’s just way too many cases like this out there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mkmatti
Back