Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do believe the deceased man will turnout to be the pedophile predator once the investigation is concluded.

I agree, there really is no other motive. I wish the sheriff of every county USA could send out mass mailings monthly, to bring awareness to the number of RSO in each county, Including photos, names & addresses. I know the info is available online but a hard copy might be better, Jmo.

You're not the only one. I wonder if it's going to be a complete shocker.
His name was leaked last night and someone even found his social media profiles. Someone even made an account here claiming to be a friend of his housemate (before the mods understandably deleted the posts). But until the police give us a name its all speculation.

Your link explicitly shows that the homicide rate for children was more than double in 2005 than in 1950 - and more than quadruple for 1-4 year olds

Youth-Mortality.jpg
It looks at the whole for safety. No one on here claimed only homicide,m. If you read all the commentary in that link you will see. In addition, many other studies and articles support kids are safer overall, even if homicides alone are up a minuscule amount.

I do believe the deceased man will turnout to be the pedophile predator once the investigation is concluded.

No way at this juncture would LE assure the public there is no danger to the community if they did not believe he is the suspect. They already know many things we dont know about this man.

It shows once again it only takes less than a minute to abduct a child. Or as many pedophiles do he could have lured her to go with him. We like to think little children wouldn't be so trusting, and go, but sadly we have seen it happen way too many times with disastrous results for the child.

It's a neverending trail of tears that never seems to end.

The in depth studies based on 775 actual cases involving abducted, and murdered children state 44% of the time the kidnapper will be a total stranger to the child victim.

42% of the time the child victim will be abducted by a neighbor or acquaintance, etc.

The number one motive is to sexually assault the child. :(

Only 14% of children who have been abducted, and murdered will the suspect be parents or family members. They are the least likely category to ever abduct, and murder the children.

Imo, I believe since so many seems to be addicted to kiddie *advertiser censored* we will see the age of little victim/s become younger, and younger now. :(

Fly high, and free in Heaven precious Faye!

My prayers are with all who love Faye. They will always have a huge hole in their hearts than will never heal nor can be filled.

Jmho
Could you link that study? Because from following cases here it seems that missing children usually turn out to have been taken by an acquaintance of one of the parents, especially romantic ones.

Your link explicitly shows that the homicide rate for children was more than double in 2005 than in 1950 - and more than quadruple for 1-4 year olds

Youth-Mortality.jpg

Thank you.

And it's really hard to get a firm number. All cases must be solved first before they know the link, if any at all, between the victim, and the perpetrator.

There are soooo many missing small children, and minors who's whereabouts remain unknown because they've never been located where LE can determine what caused their death, and if foul play ...who was involved.

Imo, there are way more strangers committing crimes against children than we may think.

When total strangers are the prepetrators those are the very hardest cases for LE to ever solve. Even LE admits this is true.

Jmho

I think it’s safe to figure by now that the deceased man they found is the person who killed Faye. The lack of urgency by LE, including Faye’s autopsy not being scheduled until Saturday, points to that.
As far as when we may find out the killer’s ID I think it could be fairly soon. Maybe today. I would imagine LE can’t just assume he murdered her but must still prove he did, thus the hold up. I’m kinda surprised the name hasn’t leaked out yet.

Is it possibly the proliferation of hard core *advertiser censored*? Available at the click of a button on the computer? People who wanted *advertiser censored* back in the day, had to really work to find pictures. Now, it is Instant gratification, available as much as anyone wants, whenever.

I truly believe that internet *advertiser censored* addiction is far more prevalent and widespread in our society than anyone realizes.

I think it’s safe to figure by now that the deceased man they found is the person who killed Faye. The lack of urgency by LE, including Faye’s autopsy not being scheduled until Saturday, points to that.
As far as when we may find out the killer’s ID I think it could be fairly soon. Maybe today. I would imagine LE can’t just assume he murdered her but must still prove he did, thus the hold up. I’m kinda surprised the name hasn’t leaked out yet.
On previous page I linked info about MUSC/autopsy, if you’re interested.

Maybe that holds true for those who were young in the 1980's, but when my generation grew up, in the 1950's, we were much safer.
Absolutely. At just a year older than Faye, I rode my bike for miles, alone, small town coastal USA. It's so sad that parents can't even let their kids play in the front yard without constant supervision.

Last edited:
I have to commend LE in this case. Even though the outcome isn't what anyone wanted I think LE was outstanding and believe their efforts led to finding this sweet little girl sooner than later. Sadly I think the moment she was grabbed there was nothing anyone could do unless they were standing right there. IMO it was a crime of opportunity and only a matter of who the victim was going to be...

It looks at the whole for safety. No one on here claimed only homicide,m. If you read all the commentary in that link you will see. In addition, many other studies and articles support kids are safer overall, even if homicides alone are up a minuscule amount.
The terrific advances in vaccination science have reduced the infant disease mortality rate so much to positively eclipse every other cause of youth mortality (don't even get me started on anti-vaxxers) but this is a crime forum and it's a fact that children were much more likely to be the victims of violent crime in 2005 than in 1950.

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf
By this in depth 30 year study from the Bureau of Justice we can see that in the US the homicide rate for children has remained approximately the same, with a notable uptick for children under 5 there in 2007 and 2008. I so far haven't been able to find more recent equivalent statistics to compare. Probably the rate increased with the murder boom in the early 70s and for some reason did not go down around the year 2000 like the rest of the murder rate did.

This study also shows that the vast majority of murderers of small children ard known by their victims, not approaching the standard ~45% mark until around age 10. It doesn't differentiate by MO or motive though - and these statistics are for the US only of course.

OMG! I always sang that song to my youngest!
My mom always sang that song to my kids when they were little after she died it was hard for me to listen to it. Hearing little precious Faye clear her throat & then sing it was so adorable & innocent, I don't know how anyone can hurt these precious children!

I have to commend LE in this case. Even though the outcome isn't what anyone wanted I think LE was outstanding and believe their efforts led to finding this sweet little girl sooner than later. Sadly I think the moment she was grabbed there was nothing anyone could do unless they were standing right there. IMO it was a crime of opportunity and only a matter of who the victim was going to be...
They solved it incredibly fast. Look at Jessie Lunsford. Snatched from her own bed on February 24, body discovered around March 12-14. Until finally buried alive under the porch, she had been kept alive in that sl1meball's house, only 65 yards from her own house. Get it....a little more than half a football field.

Last edited:
It was remarkably quick. Look at Jessie Lunsford. Snatched from her own bed on February 24, body finally discovered around March 12-14. Until buried alive under the porch, she had been kept in that sl1meball's house, only 65 yards from her own house. Get it....a little more than half a football field.
I thought about Jessie last night... what a nightmare.

It was remarkably quick. Look at Jessie Lunsford. Snatched from her own bed on February 24, body finally discovered around March 12-14. Until buried alive under the porch, she had been kept in that sl1meball's house, only 65 yards from her own house. Get it....a little more than half a football field.
I thought about Jessie last night... what a nightmare.

Child Abduction Murder Study

In late 1993, the Criminal Division of the Washington State Attorney General's Office undertook a 3-1/2 year research project, partially funded by the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, to study the investigation of child abduction murder cases.

In this first research project, published in 1997, researchers reviewed more than 600 child abduction murder cases across the United States, then interviewed the investigating detectives. This data provided law enforcement valuable insight into what investigative techniques tend to be most productive.

Now the Attorney General’s Office has released a follow-up study, including 175 additional solved cases. The additional cases generally reflect and support the findings in the original report with several significant and definite differences:

• With more killers identified, researchers found threat that the killer will be a friend or acquaintance is nearly equal to that of a stranger.
  • The probability that the killer’s name will come up during the first week of the investigation has decreased.
  • The use of *advertiser censored* by killers as a trigger to murder has increased.
Key findings:

• In 74 percent of the missing children homicide cases studied, the child murder victim was female and the average age was 11 years old.
  • In 44 percent of the cases studied, the victims and killers were strangers, but in 42 percent of the cases, the victims and killers were friends or acquaintances.
  • Only about 14 percent of the cases studied involved parents or intimates killing the child.
  • Almost two-thirds of the killers in these cases have prior arrests for violent crimes, with slightly more than half of those prior crimes committed against children.
  • The primary motive for the child abduction killer in the cases studied was sexual assault.
  • In nearly 60 percent of the cases studied, more than two hours passed between the time someone realized the child was missing and the time police were notified.
  • In 76 percent of the missing children homicide cases studied, the child was dead within three hours of the abduction–and in 88.5 percent of the cases the child was dead within 24 hours.
Key recommendations to protect children:

• Be aware that children are not immune from abduction because they are close to home. More than half of the study’s abductions took place within three city blocks of the victim’s home.
  • Be certain that your children are supervised – even if they are in their own front yard or neighborhood street. Approximately one-third of the abductions studied took occurred within one-half block of the victim’s home.
  • Teach your children not to ever approach a car– whether the occupant is a stranger or not– no matter what the occupant the tells them or asks them.
  • Be aware of strangers and unusual behavior in your neighborhoods. Many child abductions are witnessed by people who do not realize that a crime is being committed.
  • If your child is ever missing, CALL POLICE IMMEDIATELY. An immediate response to a missing or abducted child may be the difference between life and death.
Child Abduction Murder Research | Washington State

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members