SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So on her tumblr i see her last post as 1:09 am weds 18th just not long before she went missing. Could she have bieng sitting at home bored? Decided to go back out and meet up with someone? I did see from one of her social media accounts she said she liked older guys.

<<respectfully snipped>>

Has the date, former boyfriend and call to her roommate even been confirmed? An unnamed mother in a single article briefly mentioned a date and a call. Someone who just joined mentioned a former boyfriend, a recent move to an apartment/condo without any source info. Nothing on the official page or in the rest of the media reports mentions Heather at her mother's home, a former boyfriend, a date on Tuesday night, a time she returned home (mother's or her own) nor a phone call to her roommate.

I'm not leery of these possible facts -- just don't want to develop theories until we KNOW they are facts.

Can anyone confirm, from a reliable source, that there was a date, a call, a boyfriend or even that she went to her mother's home (as opposed to her going to her parents' home)?

I wondered about her parents. Not that it makes any difference, but I did notice her Father and Sister are speaking publicly.

Per forum rules, a poster needs to be "verified" in order to post information which cannot be linked directly to MSM news story. Otherwise it is to be stated as "rumor". That's where problems begin for Mod Staff, and when posts will begin disappearing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieJ
Can anyone confirm, from a reliable source, that there was a date, a call, a boyfriend or even that she went to her mother's home (as opposed to her going to her parents' home)?

I wondered about her parents. Not that it makes any difference, but I did notice her Father and Sister are speaking publicly.

Per forum rules, a poster needs to be "verified" in order to post information which cannot be linked directly to MSM news story. Otherwise it is to be stated as "rumor". That's where problems begin for Mod Staff, and when posts will begin disappearing.

If that's the case, we need to make sure folks know at least the former boyfriend is a rumor only. I have seen one article mentioning the mother, date and phone call to Heather's roommate -- although that article has been quoted in at least 2 other MSM articles. Anyone else have confirmed info or a MSM source?

Are you sure that is her tumbler account? I'm kindof shocked at what is on there .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your boots on the ground reports are great! Gives us non-locals a perspective we wouldn't otherwise have.

Have you driven out to PTL, would love to hear your observations.

You're welcome! I have not driven out to PTL yet, some family just came to town. But I'm pretty close to where she lives.

Actually, it's 2:09AM EST.

<pubDate>Wed, 18 Dec 2013 02:09:48 -0500</pubDate>

-0500 = less 5 hours GMT (Greenwich Mean Time)

2ypbzhe.jpg

So the date I see here * http://hazy-dayys.tumblr.com/rss * is the date this was "created" by someone else? Then Heather re-blogged/linked to it on the 18th? Not familiar with how Tumbler works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieJ

If that's the case, we need to make sure folks know at least the former boyfriend is a rumor only. I have seen one article mentioning the mother, date and phone call to Heather's roommate -- although that article has been quoted in at least 2 other MSM articles. Anyone else have confirmed info or a MSM source?
Not to sound stupid but what is "MSM"? Thanks in advance.

You're welcome! I have not driven out to PTL yet, some family just came to town. But I'm pretty close to where she lives.

There is only one way into Peachtree Landing right? Curious if there are any back roads that someone could turn off on, or just what I see on Google, which is lot's of houses.

There is only one way into Peachtree Landing right? Curious if there are any back roads that someone could turn off on, or just what I see on Google, which is lot's of houses.

Only one road in and out. Someone would have to have a boat if they didn't use Peachtree Road.

MSM means main stream media

I case you see these and wonder what they mean:
BBM bolded by me
IMHO in my humble opinion
MOO. My opinion only

When I first joined I wondered why so many of the posters were mooing!

@margarita25, I don't believe there are time share condos. But you have a lot of people who rent out their condo through property management companies. Some are long term rentals, some are vacation rentals. And some are owned by out of towners who don't rent their units at all--they just sit empty most of the time.

Someone made a comment about Watertower Rd, but I drive that all the time without concern. I guess it's just what you're used to!

Heather also has a brother who is mentioned in this article. http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=986738#.Ur4Mqn-9KSM

In order to be able to post info that is not known thru law enforcement or main stream media you must be verified as an insider on the case.

Rumor is not allowed, you can speculate but only with what is known at this time.

Ima

If you would like to be verified as a professional poster, such as an insider/local, doctor, lawyer, chemist, or whatever your profession, then please do the following:
Email Websleuths at : wsverify@xmission.com
In your email please include:
*The case
*Your Websleuths name
*Your real name
*Your phone number and a good time to call
In the subject line put either the case you are interested in or the profession you wish to verify.

A few things about Tumblr:

I'm not in any way an expert but I do recall confusion about how posting there works from other cases on here. I believe you can set it up so your posts automatically post at regular intervals. It's possible her post times are off. I reallllly hope a tumblr user pops in to clarify!

As for the weight talk, does anyone know if she may have been suffering from an eating disorder? CW HW LW GW is common terminology among those with eating/body image disorders. I'm in no way trying to be disparaging, I just happen to have a lot of experience in that particular area.

Sorry, I clipped this to answer this particular question:
My thinking is if she went out for food she would have taken Hwy 501 West towards Conway to Carolina Forest Crossing. There is a McDonalds that's open pretty late, 2 am I think. Zaxby's, Bojangles are there too but I think they close around 11 or 12 pm. Kroger is the closest grocery store and it's right in that same shopping center. It's a newer area and pretty well lit. During the winter places tend to close earlier here. There is also a gas station there too.

Does anyone know where Heather went on her date? No one has said what she was wearing at the time of her disappearance.

Just want to follow up that the Kroger is the only grocery store in the area that is open 24 hours. The Food Lion down on River Oaks closes at 11pm. The McDonalds and Bojangles near 31 and River Oaks also close early. The closest gas station to White River would be the BP on Waccamaw Blvd if she was grabbing something quick.

Just want to follow up that the Kroger is the only grocery store in the area that is open 24 hours. The Food Lion down on River Oaks closes at 11pm. The McDonalds and Bojangles near 31 and River Oaks also close early. The closest gas station to White River would be the BP on Waccamaw Blvd if she was grabbing something quick.

What about the 24 hour Walmart on Seaboard Street, does it have groceries? Strange things happen in Walmart parking lots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member