SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was odd for her to send a picture to either parent, but especially her father. IMO, she and her father were not that close, actually, with either parent. Her father has said he didn't know about OM, anything about who her date was, anything about her ex, including any of their names, her work schedule, more that can't be said.... But yet she texts him a picture? My dad maybe wouldn't have known these things at 20, but I wouldn't have sent him a text during a date. I also don't think the mom knew either because if she knew, she would have told the dad.

But what if Dad had tried to teach her to drive a stick and it was a disaster? Maybe she was sending the pic to say "look what I can finally do!" I don't talk to my dad a lot, but if there was a part to an inside joke, I would send him a picture so he could share the laugh.

Jenna

I haven't had time to catch up but did notice her Instagram account is private. Public can only see the pics that she chooses to share in a tweet/facebook (it has that option when you post the pic) If she was as "open and carefree" about her life as some would lead, why is her IG private? There must be something she didn't want everyone (specific someones) to see. I do think possibly I found a private Twitter or FB in addition to the public ones? Just thinking out loud, will catch up after my drive home, wish I had someone to read this forum to me while I drive 1 hr home! :)

Lol about having someone read to you.
I was driving my daughter back to school earlier in the week--a really loooong drive--and I contemplated having her read posts to me but then some sense came about me and I realized the time would be better spent talking to her about whatever she wanted to chat about since I won't see her again for a few months :)

Been meaning to ask this, but keep forgetting, and forgive it already discussed - did HE's car have GPS such that LE could find out where it was driven?

LOL yes but most doctors make you verify payment ahead of time before scheduling elective surgeries (because I've looked into it)

I think some plastic surgeons offer payment plans and might even have their own financing contacts for patients.

I was thinking about all the talk about changing the date on social media. And Candy Crush. Thanx for that!

I just changed my computer date and posted to my FB. So doesn't work there?

Can LE in SC put GPS on a POI's car? Just wondering as I am watching a show where LE does this to track a boyfriend of a vanished woman, to see where he is going, is he looking for her, etc

No, LE must have a warrant. Placing GPS on a suspects vehicle has been determined to be a violation of the 4th amendment protection against unreasonable search and seizure. If I recall the Supreme Court case was United States v Jones.

Jenna

HE medical bill info we have was posted to twitter and she had a pic of all medical bills attached to her tweet. The bills were for a dr, a trauma center etc etc I think 5 or so different places.
According to her tweet she was paying them. I will try to go back and find the date of the tweet so any interested can see.

<ETA: twitter post date is 3/2>

I think the watch may say 10:05. Also, I know there's still questions about the purse being with her and maybe this has been already seen and determined as something else, but this strap stood out to me.
dbmfwx.jpg

Those 2 rings at the bottom do remind me of 2 plastic ringed handles for a purse. I have seen purses like that before that have 2 plastic type rings as the handles. Thats my take on that part of the pic.

Can LE in SC put GPS on a POI's car? Just wondering as I am watching a show where LE does this to track a boyfriend of a vanished woman, to see where he is going, is he looking for her, etc

LE did it in the Sierra Lamar case without the perp knowing anything about it.

Link to MSM:

Detectives secretly placed a GPS device on Antolin Garcia-Torres' red Jetta. --

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_20684129/suspect-sierra-lamar-case-was-watched-constantly-weeks?source

But what if Dad had tried to teach her to drive a stick and it was a disaster? Maybe she was sending the pic to say "look what I can finally do!" I don't talk to my dad a lot, but if there was a part to an inside joke, I would send him a picture so he could share the laugh.

Jenna

He said that he had wanted to teach her but did not. I don't think I share the same opinion on some things as others, so I try to keep those conversations off of here. Haven't felt some of them have been perceived so well...

He said that he had wanted to teach her but did not. I don't think I share the same opinion on some things as others, so I try to keep those conversations off of here. Haven't felt some of them have been perceived so well...

Keep throwing them out. If we all thought alike, we wouldn't need to sleuth........we'd all already know the story!

No, LE must have a warrant. Placing GPS on a suspects vehicle has been determined to be a violation of the 4th amendment protection against unreasonable search and seizure. If I recall the Supreme Court case was United States v Jones.

Jenna

OT to attempt to brighten everyone's day and maybe get a smile:

My dad would have loved one of those devices for his own vehicle many years ago.

Many years ago, my dad had a standard and we lived on a hill, and during the middle of the night, 2 brothers (he he) would sneak out and put the car in neutral to roll it down the hill and start it down the block so nobody would hear it starting in front of the house. After a couple of hours of joy riding we would approach from the other direction and kill the engine and coast to a stop in the exact same spot. Sneak back and go to bed. This plan worked fine until one morning at breakfast, and he gave a mean stare and exclaimed:

"My car sure is starting easy on these very cold mornings !!!"

That was the last time the brothers (he he) ever tried pulling that stunt again.
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

His exact words regarding the picture:

"I had tried a few times to teach Heather to drive it, but honestly I thought we were headed straight into a wreck. It was funny each time. But now she was driving one and so very happy."

http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/heather-elvis-disappearance-terry-elvis

why would she hide it from Bri and whose camera took the picture of her driving the truck(wouldn't SS have it on his phone?)?
I'm going to have to put my tinfoil hat on to figure this out...LOL

Have your hat on?
Why would Heather hide from Bri? (I'm not sure Heather hid anything from Bri. Bri said Heather's date went well. Did Bri ever say who Heather was on the date with?)

Whose camera took the picture of her driving the truck? (I don't know. TE said he received the picture when HE was on her date. Therefore we know the picture exists on TE's phone, but we haven't been told the forensics regarding whose phone the picture originated.)

The date info is sketchy imo. TE says he never met the guy, didn't know his name on December 19th, and doesn't know him. Did his wife tell him who HE was with on her date? If so, Heather may have told her mom she was going out with SS when she was really going out with OM.

My tin hat let a current enter into my brain - looks like a lightbulb when this happens - and I had a thought; what if, the OM was Heather's date all along and SS was just a name she tossed out (to Bri and/or just her mom possibly) as a cover. Maybe Heather wasn't getting the support she needed from her friends while continuing to carry on with the married man. Maybe they were encouraging her to move on so HE kept it on the downlow when she was going to meet with OM. Maybe Bri was told by HE that HE was going on a date with SS, when HE really went out with OM. Or, maybe Bri knew all along who HE was out with, WHICH IS WHY THE TWO CONVERSATIONS ABOUT HOW HE'S DATE WENT AND OM LEAVING HIS WIFE SEEM DISCONNECTED.

This theory does require a thinking cap but, for some reason, makes sense to me. By the time the police report was released, SS possibly told LE that he wasn't HE's date and that's why LE gave him a lie detector test.

Posters mentioned previously that maybe SS stopped off to get gas or stopped off at a store on his hour to at least thirty minute drive home from HE's apartment to MI. If he really was on the date with HE (and not just named as a cover), then surely he would have told LE about his stops and they'd check his receipt and video, etc. But we're not privy to any investigation LE did in order to outrule SS. I'm certain though, LE would not just take his word carte blanche though. And, if the picture is on SS's phone as the one who took the picture, my theory is out the window. But has LE confirmed the source of the picture? Not that I'm aware of.

So, 1) Dad doesn't know SS or want/need to meet him.
2) SS seems lame about details of the date (what did HE and SS do after 10:45 p.m. until possibly 2:30 a.m.?
3) Why does the police report use the time the picture was sent to TE on their report for the "occurrence date"?

I'd love to know where the picture originated but will not assume to know as we've not been officially advised. We've not been officially advised as to anyone's phone records either.

One more thought, Bri may have been in on the cover and when she was first asked what she knew about HE and her date, Bri may have been caught off guard and stuck to the cover story (about the date) and then moved on to tell LE, oh, by the way, there's also the OM issue who told HE he wanted to commit to her now and HE became emotional upon hearing his plan.

Poke holes.

HE medical bill info we have was posted to twitter and she had a pic of all medical bills attached to her tweet. The bills were for a dr, a trauma center etc etc I think 5 or so different places.
According to her tweet she was paying them. I will try to go back and find the date of the tweet so any interested can see.

<ETA: twitter post date is 3/2>

IIRC.....one was an oncology center...struck me odd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members