SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We currently have all of 4 degrees here in central MA, with the forecast for below zero by morning. But even 24 is hard to deal with when you're not used to it. Stay warm!

From my experience with a very high profile case in my area of north GA, which had more ms media attention than HE's case. After the case was all over the news; local & national, for weeks, months. I would ask folks almost everywhere I went, 'did you hear about **** case'? Two out of three of the people that I asked would say no. This is why a press conference by the HCPD is critical. Awareness is the key to successful conclusions in missing person's cases.

I witnessed the abductor & victim in the woods the day before he murdered her. Thought they were campers due to missinfo & silence by LE via ms media..
BBM: This is so true. As I have said before, I don't watch much TV, and don't even have cable (by choice). I do read online news, and there is NOTHING in the area I live in, or anywhere I travel. If HE HAD gone anywhere voluntarily, most people outside of South Carolina would have no idea if they saw her.

Ok it sounds like you would have to be willfully ignoring everything or never leaving your home not to know about Heather in the area...and those who are homebound are not likely to have any info, IMO.

So maybe LE really does not need any information from the public. Not saying this is my view, but we have seen cases where they did all the work without saying much at all, and then made an arrest. I do not think that will happen here, though, since she has not been found.

As much as "no body" cases are becoming more frequent, they generally have, if not a crime scene, an indication that the POI had displayed a threat in the past, i.e. domestic violence records, past injuries or altercations. We are not aware of any of that here, just vague talk of a "possibly violent ex". That would not be enough.

We may be looking at a period of time with no action, if LE feels fairly certain they have a suspect, while they search and hope she is found. But even then, looking at cases like Hailey, Katelyn and Dylan, where many feel there are suspects, nothing happened even after they were found, six months to almost a year ago.

:(

We did determine the time stamps on any SM she had cannot really be used in any theories. If you have the clock on your phone rolled forward to give you extra lives in candy crush (for example) some SM posts will be for the date you have rolled the phone to and not the actual time/date that you were posting things. So the whole tumbler post thing interfering with date time is no longer an issue…..other than that, I would say it was a slow day:twocents:

Yeah but again, a simple check on HE's internet history will verify her post times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah but again, a simple check on HE's internet history will verify her post times.

We were trying to figure out if the times could have been spoofed, faked, or altered in some way. It appears not.

eta: or more correctly, not easily.

I'm in surfside beach (10 minutes south of MB) and we have fliers EVERYWHERE. My neighborhood actually has them on all the stop signs!

If these are the fliers, they are riddled with MISinformation. This is the newest version (increased award amt) and it still contains bad info. It says she was reported missing after her car was found abandoned near PTL on 12/17/13.
Sooooooo if anyone recalls seeing a car matching the description of her car or someone matching her description in the wee hours of the 18th, people will think they're mistaken because her car was found abandoned on the 17th near PTL. (Oh and not at PTL)
a4yty6eg.jpg

I don't think TE found that info helpful to finding his daughter so there was no rush to put it out there.
I would never laugh at someones theories as long as they use the case facts to draw conclusions..you have an open mind /seeing outside the box and that helps all of us to reexamine the case...thanks

It's very difficult for me to take any one person's words as absolute truth and believe them to stand as solid evidence in a homicide/missing person case.
Many people seem to say because so and so said this it has to be true. I'm willing to trust to a certain point and won't or don't want to go over the line of WS rules, but without doing so, my mind still goes other places.

Sometimes, those of us who are strong sensing types get vibes.
Some people are so trusting and don't question discrepancies closely imo. Questioning discrepancies doesn't mean the one questioning them is right and could easily be proven wrong down the line, but the tendency is still there to question.

Always keeping in mind we really don't have too many facts here to go on.
When something doesn't make sense, and here's where I get a little testy within my spirit, good hearted people give a pep talk (no supporting facts) to say a discrepancy isn't so. So in a positive light it's okay not to present facts but in a let's cut through the carp light, it's not okay to challenge what people want to believe (because we're offending I guess).

To remind though, a theory is only a theory and because someone offers a theory, doesn't mean they are intent to prove the theory. Or, if its disproven, then they have lost. This isn't a contest imo. Although, if any of my insights ever turned out to be correct, it would be rewarding just because.

Ok it sounds like you would have to be willfully ignoring everything or never leaving your home not to know about Heather in the area...and those who are homebound are not likely to have any info, IMO.

So maybe LE really does not need any information from the public. Not saying this is my view, but we have seen cases where they did all the work without saying much at all, and then made an arrest. I do not think that will happen here, though, since she has not been found.

As much as "no body" cases are becoming more frequent, they generally have, if not a crime scene, an indication that the POI had displayed a threat in the past, i.e. domestic violence records, past injuries or altercations. We are not aware of any of that here, just vague talk of a "possibly violent ex". That would not be enough.

We may be looking at a period of time with no action, if LE feels fairly certain they have a suspect, while they search and hope she is found. But even then, looking at cases like Hailey, Katelyn and Dylan, where many feel there are suspects, nothing happened even after they were found, six months to almost a year ago.

:(

Saw on the news today where LE is re-canvassing the neighborhood where 6 year old Isabell Celis vanished from her bedroom Apr 24, 2012(AZ). Her case was very high profile, yet the antiquated close to the vest silence investigative strategy was also used in her case. Why wait two years? Release the info to the public when the case is fresh in everyone's minds.. Egos, imo..

Not if anyone had changed the time on the computer. The Internet history will show whatever time was on your computer. At least mine does (Windows 7 and Firefox :) ), I can't speak for anyone else.

I'm sure there are several ways to determine the real exact time of the last posts attributed to HE. I also don't think that MSM has given us exactly the correct times. (They may not even know). I'm also sure that it probably is not as important as other information that LE has. JMO.

Not if anyone had changed the time on the computer. The Internet history will show whatever time was on your computer. At least mine does (Windows 7 and Firefox :) ), I can't speak for anyone else.

I'm sure there are several ways to determine the real exact time of the last posts attributed to HE. I also don't think that MSM has given us exactly the correct times. (They ay not even know). I'm also sure that it probably is not as important as other information that LE has. JMO.

I guess it depends if she has a computer and if that is what they were posted from. Most younger people use their phones for most of their SM. She was asking for a laptop for Christmas, maybe she didn't have one?

We were trying to figure out if the times could have been spoofed, faked, or altered in some way. It appears not.

I know that. :/ I am a big propionate of HE at her home posting at 1:53AM. It still can be used in a theory though not to be refuted just because it is possible to alter. It just needs to be verified from the source.

I would also hope that LE has subpoenaed all of HE's SM accounts by now.

I also wonder how long they will remain public before the are made private or suspended?

I know that. :/ I am a big propionate of HE at her home posting at 1:53AM. It still can be used in a theory though not to be refuted just because it is possible to alter. It just needs to be verified from the source.

I would also hope that LE has subpoenaed all of HE's SM accounts by now.

I also wonder how long they will remain public before the are made private or suspended?

Sorry, I appear to have misunderstood your question.

The plot just thickened. Heather isn't wearing the appropriate outfit for the temperature the evening of December 17th.
I respectfully disagree. It's 56 here (in our house) and everyone in this house is wearing a t-shirt and shorts. My daughter only wears long jeans when it snows(usually she wears the jeans that hit just below her knees). My son wears shorts and no jacket unless it is actually raining. You can't really base anything off of what someone is wearing unless you know what they usually wear.

Early this morning (last night) I asked if the posts on tumblr show up with the time being from the zone the viewer is located.
I've read almost all the posts now but didn't see my question addressed.

Does anybody know the answer?
(when I viewed Heather's tumblr posts made on December 18, the times associated with the posts are an hour earlier than the times established in the case.

[modsnip]

lovinlife83, the folks that have been here for a while can prolly tell you who the author is. CH is a shock author whose motive is to contaminate and cause controversy without regard/empathy for the victim or their families. My advice would be to ignore her articles..

I guess it depends if she has a computer and if that is what they were posted from. Most younger people use their phones for most of their SM. She was asking for a laptop for Christmas, maybe she didn't have one?
Mea Culpa. Not having a smart phone, I forget that part, but my daughter can also change the time on her phone and we have the same situation (just checked). I am in no way saying this did happen (the time was changed), just that there are always alternate viable possibilities.

And I don't trust Tumblr to be accurate. But most everyone already knows that about me by now.....:)

I respectfully disagree. It's 56 here (in our house) and everyone in this house is wearing a t-shirt and shorts. My daughter only wears long jeans when it snows(usually she wears the jeans that hit just below her knees). My son wears shorts and no jacket unless it is actually raining. You can't really base anything off of what someone is wearing unless you know what they usually wear.
I agree. That week was abnormally warm for December here in Myrtle Beach. It felt like spring, we actually cooked and had dinner outside either Thursday or Friday night. Living at the beach is different than residing inland, people here dress very casual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmab