SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but how would she live? She would need to change her name, get a job, etc. Or be staying with someone who doesn't mind her staying with them for long periods of time.

I want to believe this as a real alternative, but I'm not seeing the how of it. I have been able to see the how of it in other cases (and fairly easily), but I'm not seeing it here. Thank you for understanding what I'm trying to see and giving it a good shot. I appreciate it.

Indeed. It would be great if this was the case and she is still alive, just having trouble seeing it that way.

Yes, but how would she live? She would need to change her name, get a job, etc. Or be staying with someone who doesn't mind her staying with them for long periods of time.

I want to believe this as a real alternative, but I'm not seeing the how of it. I have been able to see the how of it in other cases (and fairly easily), but I'm not seeing it here. Thank you for understanding what I'm trying to see and giving it a good shot. I appreciate it.

I think IF she did it, she has the money, the ride and the place to stay and doesn't need to work because this is only temporary. Part of me thought, maybe she was pregnant and had set up for the adoption elsewhere and everything is being paid for bill wise there. Once the baby is born, she comes home. So maybe another month or two. I am so many states away and no one I asked knows of this story, so if she has the baby in another hospital and she says she voluntarily left, they can't violate hIPAA. I don't think the adoption agency could either. If she did this I think it is bc she could fear OmW would do if she knew she was pregnant or her family and disappointing them. Or I thought the hippo spiral in iPhone of her visits, she went to a shelter to have the baby. All options of how it could happen but not the only option.

Using FB search tools, I have found that Heather and Amber Berbiglia had these places in common.

1. The Bobo's House
2. Vavavape
3. Make your Mark Tattoo
4. WBTW News
5. Medieval Times

Any idea what "the bobo's house" is? I know of bobo that is a clothing company, but not "the bobo's house?

https://twitter.com/MissingCases/status/414788033708191745/photo/1/large
Weight - 118
Height - 5'1"
Eyes - Brown
Hair - Brown
Tattoos - shown in pics on poster - but I agree they should list them
Car - "The first and only known break in the case came on Dec. 19, 2013, when Elvis's dark green 2001 Dodge Intrepid was found parked at Peachtree boat landing".
(most local news articles as well as this national one) http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...tm_campaign=Email+Notifications#slide=3294719

I am talking about the posters. It should be listed on there. Just odd that it is not, since that is being passed out to people. and I should clarify, it is not on all of them.

I am gonna need a 5 hr energy tomorrow. Going to bed now. Night all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I am talking about the posters. It should be listed on there. Just odd that it is not, since that is being passed out to people. and I should clarify, it is not on all of them.

Post 941 on this thread has the current poster on it that has ht, wt, hair, eyes, age (right under her name)
They haven't done tons with the car description, I'm guessing because it's not missing and people get confused. Even on the page we cannot mention, when a pic of the type of car was posted with a huge disclaimer saying they had the car but had you seen it driving around during the time of HE's disappearance, there were still multiple comments of people asking if they had the car or not. I have seen some pinterest pic's that were lacking in info but I haven't see any missing posters that were - but I'm sure there are some out there.

Post 941 on this thread has the current poster on it that has ht, wt, hair, eyes, age (right under her name)
They haven't done tons with the car description, I'm guessing because it's not missing and people get confused. Even on the page we cannot mention, when a pic of the type of car was posted with a huge disclaimer saying they had the car but had you seen it driving around during the time of HE's disappearance, there were still multiple comments of people asking if they had the car or not. I have seen some pinterest pic's that were lacking in info but I haven't see any missing posters that were - but I'm sure there are some out there.

That poster has two different reward amounts and the wrong date her car was found. I am assuming the family is passing out different posters, but I don't know. But, either way, it adds to put of miscommunication. My point was not all her info is on all the fliers. The hair, weight and eye color is on almost all. But her hair looked red in the pic on date, not brown. No tattoos or piercings or identifying marks is typically mentioned. Just odd.

If she recently came in to information that made her fear for her safety she would. I am not saying I think that's what happened. But for a scenario imagine one of those calls was OMW threatening her? There is a change on a dime to make her fear for her life. If I were in that position I would run and hide until the coast was clear. LE could even know it and be waiting for evidence to use to make it safe for her to come home.

Unfortunately my gut from the start has said she's not... ya know. But my gut also said it was the ex. Because my gut didn't know about om. So I'm just saying I could see it happening. I can also see her not telling her family because as I said before, their actions need to be honest. With media and le and everyone watching them? Heck people have questioned their actions recently anyways despite the fact they all come across as tore up everytime they talk.

At any rate. IMO I fear the worst. But am hoping she's alive.

One small detail left out (I don't know how to quote the person who said why would she leave HER car)
Since TE is the owner of the car,most likely also insurer, it wasn't HER car. If taken across state lines couldn't she be arrested for "stealing" it? Isn't the phone the same way since TE could get the records? It might not be HER phone so she'd be abandoning anything NOT HERS.

One small detail left out (I don't know how to quote the person who said why would she leave HER car)
Since TE is the owner of the car,most likely also insurer, it wasn't HER car. If taken across state lines couldn't she be arrested for "stealing" it? Isn't the phone the same way since TE could get the records? It might not be HER phone so she'd be abandoning anything NOT HERS.

Unbolded by me: I don't see how TE could have her arrested if she had expressed (verbal or written) permission from him to use the vehicle as if it were her own. Chances are the car had no strings attached.

If she recently came in to information that made her fear for her safety she would. I am not saying I think that's what happened. But for a scenario imagine one of those calls was OMW threatening her? There is a change on a dime to make her fear for her life. If I were in that position I would run and hide until the coast was clear. LE could even know it and be waiting for evidence to use to make it safe for her to come home.

Unfortunately my gut from the start has said she's not... ya know. But my gut also said it was the ex. Because my gut didn't know about om. So I'm just saying I could see it happening. I can also see her not telling her family because as I said before, their actions need to be honest. With media and le and everyone watching them? Heck people have questioned their actions recently anyways despite the fact they all come across as tore up everytime they talk.

At any rate. IMO I fear the worst. But am hoping she's alive.

Unbolded by me: I don't see how TE could have her arrested if she had expressed (verbal or written) permission from him to use the vehicle as if it were her own. Chances are the car had no strings attached.

I only say this cuz in past experience when kids loaned use of car by parents & it looked like they were straying that was often a threat used. Something like we don't approve therefore give me back my car. I even know of one time when such a kid went to a bar in another state and was pulled over for speeding & paraphernalia was found in car. Parents ended up getting called,they told police they did NOT have permission to drive there & said person also charged with stolen car.
After that incident many parents/kids made sure there was a note in glove box detailing permissions and signed by owners also providing a contact phone in case of problems

I am confused. LE has never said it IS foul play. Is there another article or other factual document supporting that LE knows this and knows the who, what, and when? How do you know that the KNOW? Or is this your opinion?

[modsnip]

Foul Play wasn't said by LE because then they would need to back it up when questioned. The disappearance of a young adult without any signs of struggle,threats of violence that were documented, etc doesn't point to foul play.

I just saw a weather forecast for MB tomorrow into Wednesday and I'm hoping the snow misses MB and surrounding areas. That will make any searches much more difficult.

Does anyone know, or has anyone heard of any searches being conducted outside of MB?
And if so, logistically who would/could be in charge of out of the area searches?
I've heard the FBI was called in to this case and also heard they haven't been called so I do not know which is fact.
I'm thinking of areas still in SC but outside MB.
Someone has posted about a Forrest area somewhere, someone else suggested a 60 or so mile radius based on phone activity. I was thinking of maybe areas between MB and I-95.
Does anyone know if ANY out of the area searches have been performed?

No new thoughts today?

Here's a thought. Tracing a few people's movements on the days following Heathers disappearance may be a little trickier than normal, since both parties ran their own businesses which means they had a lot more flexibility and mobility than the average worker would.

Well, a question more than a thought.... Was wondering what areas were searched this past weekend and if the locations chosen would point to why they decided to look specifically there.

I would love a map of places searched.

I would love a map of places searched.

I think that would be very helpful. I know someone made a map with some earlier search locations on it. Wish I could remember who but it was well done and I loved the icons used. In any event, I would like to have that map updated with the newer searches being added on it.

As an afterthought, I would like to add that this map was made so you could also zoom in on the pinpointed area. I find that feature handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow