SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think when someone files a complaint against another person that person is considered a suspect for that complaint. Totally separate incident. I did not see the report but that is what is sounds like to me. The searchers filed the complaint so the person the complaint was against is the suspect. jmo

That could very well be true. If it is as others believe, it could be a mistake, could be an opinion of the complainant, or something else. As LE stated they have no suspect. To me, IMO, it would make no sense to give someone filing a complaint the news that they have a suspect and who it is in the case. Also, as many pointed out to me, when I was discussing the Missing Person Report, I was told, it was probably because it has many errors. So maybe this is an error in that report.

It would be interesting to have the entire list of all calls placed out from HE phone and the duration of the calls up until the very last one. If someone abducted her and dumped her car at the landing, then its possible that someone other than HE used her phone as they were dumping her car.

Yeah, like come pick me up at the PTL.

I agree this is the timeframe I cannot make any sense of. If she wasn't up so late and receiving and/or making calls at 1:44, 3:41, then maybe 6am would make sense but it just doesn't. I guess it would depend where she was though. If she was home sleeping and he started calling her at 6am (before work or something, sure) but I'm under the impression (maybe wrongly so) that she wasn't home at 6am. And the fact that I believe it was right after these set of calls that her phone died or was turned off makes this all the more perplexing.

I believe the VI said her phone was turned off. I always wanted to know, how do you know if someone's phone is turned off or died?

I stated this previously, but we don't know that HE was using her phone at 6:00 am. Her phone was being used, but someone else could have been using it. I have always felt that HE no longer had control of her phone at that time and the 6:00 am call was part of an alibi. I would be very interested to know what location that call was made from and what location it was received.

I agree. Especially if there was a gap of time between the very last call from HE phone and the prior call.

Any sort of gap in time could possibly be the time needed to abduct and dispose of HE.

If there is a gap in time, it may also provide a clue to how far she could have been taken. Like if there is known texts from HE in her style at a certain time, then a gap in time, then a last call at 6 which is brief, that sort of thing could provide a valuable clue as to how far she possibly could be or how close she could be.

Interesting choice of words: A complaintant, speaking on behalf of Moorer.

From her twitter posts: I found that she did have GPS turned on and if you click on details there was an option that showed the exact location, with a house number, of where the tweet came from. That is how I found her/parents home/dad's business address. I suspect she wouldn't change that feature over a two or three week time period.

I believe the VI said her phone was turned off. I always wanted to know, how do you know if someone's phone is turned off or died?

In my book, same thing. Phone turned off, phone died, battery removed, all make a phone inoperable. Maybe phone providers can tell how a device became inoperable. To me, in this case, it makes no difference.

In my book, same thing. Phone turned off, phone died, battery removed, all make a phone inoperable. Maybe phone providers can tell how a device became inoperable. To me, in this case, it makes no difference.

Maybe even the exact time. If the battery isn't dead..some companies can remotely turn the phone back on.

From her twitter posts: I found that she did have GPS turned on and if you click on details there was an option that showed the exact location, with a house number, of where the tweet came from. That is how I found her/parents home/dad's business address. I suspect she wouldn't change that feature over a two or three week time period.

Good find!

She may have GPS turned on for certain apps but not for other parts of her phone (my phone I can pick and choose what I want the GPS on for) but I sure hope she did. Great find Just K!

Interesting choice of words: A complaintant, speaking on behalf of Moorer.

Yes, I thought Moorer was the complaintant so it is interesting to say a complaintant speaking on behalf of Moorer.
It's almost as if someone filed the complaint for him.

I've seen other GPS addresses as well from her tweets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess it bothers me or makes me wonder why anyone would continue to allow themselves to be harassed if there were a simple solution to ending that. There is a simple solution and yet...nothing. Why?

Lawyers maybe?

Does that same feature work on Tumbler?

The phone can be powered down but if the battery is still in it and has some energy left, then sometimes a provider can be successful in pinging it. Sometimes even turning it on remotely. Both can provide a triangular vicinity to search.

If I were being harassed under the same circumstances,I would offer to do anything at all that I possibly could to assure my harassers and anyone else for that matter,that I have nothing to hide. That just seems logical.

don't give him ideas, this is like forcing someone to apologize! I want to hear what he has to say, without being prompted!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member