SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya! I've been following from the beginning and just got caught up. Regarding whether OMM lied about the 6am phone calls, does anyone remember way way back, was it reported that her phone call to her roommate was the last time anyone "will admit" to having talked to her?

Was there ever a time when OMM did not admit to the phone call at all? Seems like no, because the PR states he admitted it at the time. So where/why do I remember this "will admit" language? TIA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome!!

Some take it as a lie and others do not. I don't really see it as a true lie for a few reasons. One, I don't know the context of the questions, so I can't say he was lying. Two, if he did lie was it to decieve officers or lie to his wife. Three, my impression from the police reports and articles, the whole conversation was at one time and not over a period of days, weeks, moths, or with a lawyer. How I think the conversation could have gone, HE is missing, when is the last time you saw HE? October. When is the last time you talked to her? Last night. The police report was started and closed in a period of 5 hours, so either prior or during that, that discussion took place. My point is, to call the man a liar because of later admitting to speaking to her, is a pretty big leap and assumption. We don't know the exact conversation. He very well may be the biggest liar in the whole US or the whole world, but based on the comment about the call, IMO and MoO I think it can be taken out of context.

Welcome!!

Some take it as a lie and others do not. I don't really see it as a true lie for a few reasons. One, I don't know the context of the questions, so I can't say he was lying. Two, if he did lie was it to decieve officers or lie to his wife. Three, my impression from the police reports and articles, the whole conversation was at one time and not over a period of days, weeks, moths, or with a lawyer. How I think the conversation could have gone, HE is missing, when is the last time you saw HE? October. When is the last time you talked to her? Last night. The police report was started and closed in a period of 5 hours, so either prior or during that, that discussion took place. My point is, to call the man a liar because of later admitting to speaking to her, is a pretty big leap and assumption. We don't know the exact conversation. He very well may be the biggest liar in the whole US or the whole world, but based on the comment about the call, IMO and MoO I think it can be taken out of context.

I don't consider him a liar about his initial statement I think it may have gone down as you have suggested. When did you see her last-October, when did you last speak with her-last night.
The statements about no one admitting to speaking to HE after the 3:41am call are indicative of someone lying IF phone records shows phone contact back and forth between SM and HE phones around 6am.

The part in the PR that indicates his communication can be taken a couple ways. JMO that I interpret that as LE had to kind of pull the info from him.

Just my opinion that it doesnt sound like he was very cooperative volunteering info.

I well know the anxiety of waiting and waiting for the other shoe to drop in an active investigation...but this has to be pure horror and torture for the Elvis family and friends.

I have comforted myself in a way to think the reason that HCSD and MB has not 'gone public' and had any real warnings and updates to the public is because they knew from the get go what occurred. They are just waiting on something to come in to them as fact.
I hope that's it anyway.
They MUST know who/what/where/when and know it's not a public threat.

Idk...moo ..imo..etc etc etc.

52d98c85ad09b.image.jpg

New Heather Elvis fundraiser scheduled for Thursday at The Boathouse

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/local/aynor/article_57dfd894-8e92-11e3-969a-001a4bcf6878.html

Hiya! I've been following from the beginning and just got caught up. Regarding whether OMM lied about the 6am phone calls, does anyone remember way way back, was it reported that her phone call to her roommate was the last time anyone "will admit" to having talked to her?

Was there ever a time when OMM did not admit to the phone call at all? Seems like no, because the PR states he admitted it at the time. So where/why do I remember this "will admit" language? TIA

I remember that, too.

My opinion is that reporters like to use that phrase because it makes their story sound more dramatic and interesting, and they don't stop to think what it implies about the person or situation they're writing about. So it might or might not mean anything.

If the original comment came from LE (I have a vague memory it might be in the police report), then I'd say it means even less. The more I read LE comments, press releases, missing/UID reports, etc., the more I despair for the educational system in the US...

I remember the "will admit" language.
Knowing all we know now, I'm thinking that SM admitted to talking to HE but not at the 6am hour. At least when he was initially questioned. He most likely offered up I talked to her last night to tell her to stop calling. That probably would not have been the 6am call.
I hope he was later confronted with the 6am calls and would like to know his responses.

I think the will admit language was in reference to no one will admit talking to her after 3:41 call.

<eta this is in response to JulesinVA post the quote didn't show up>

Snipped

The last time anyone spoke to her was about 3 a.m. on Wednesday, December 18, after she went on a date.

Police continue to receive tips and calls about the case, but none have led to a discovery on Heather's whereabouts thus far.

Her mother said her date dropped her off at her house. Heather called her roommate to tell her how she had a great time. That is the last time anyone will admit to talking to her.

-And-

According to Lt. Kegler, her cell phone hasn't been recovered. "I can't get into the location on where it gave anyone signal or anything like that. That information wasn't something we have established it was something provided to us," he said.

http://www.live5news.com/story/24273295/horry-county-police-investigating-missing-woman
The date of the above news story was December 20th. Clearly LE did not have her cell phone records yet.

IMO, his initial statement to police, and then later what the phone records showed, are what tripped him up. But the pings must not be valuable in terms of where her phone is today, or even finding Heather herself?

I just reread the police report because I was foggy about how that was phrased....sort of clarified it for me lol. Sm answered those questions by phone, so who knows if Omw was even around.

anyone follow Alanah Gallagher? LE said very little, then boom! they had him... oops, no pun intended....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

anyone follow Alanah Gallagher? LE said very little, then boom! they had him... oops, no pun intended....

Im hoping too that this will happen very soon. I was so impressed with the officer that filled out the initial PR and his obvious skill in pursuing things. I hope he just continued to work on the case and hopefully there is 100 times the info now and hoping LE is close to an arrest with charges. :please:

The date of the above news story was December 20th. Clearly LE did not have her cell phone records yet.

IMO, his initial statement to police, and then later what the phone records showed, are what tripped him up. But the pings must not be valuable in terms of where her phone is today, or even finding Heather herself?

I agree with this.

Sydney Moorer defintely made it sound...if quoted correctly...that there was ONE contact with HE in which he told her to leave him alone. This was before LE got the phone records.

Perhaps he just lied to the police in furtherance of another lie he was telling to his wife about the affair being over. In that case, he had to choose between helping in the search for a missing young girl...a young girl that he had once been close enough to be intimate with...and protecting his lies to his wife.

He chose to help himself....not Heather. Think about that. If he's innocent, then this young girl he has held in his arms and made love to....could be in the hands of some murderous pervert, and Sidney Moorer chooses to protect his lies to his wife....and himself.

What a guy.

My opinion only.

This, Zahra and Celina...cases that make you go "WHAAAAAAT"??? &%$^#%# :pullhair:

and break your heart :tears:

:rollercoaster:

it's the whole Billie Jean Dunn situation that causes my jaw to drop.

Hailey Dunn's is pretty crazy too.

It was in several articles, so that is probably why you remember it. Here is one:
http://www.live5news.com/story/24273295/horry-county-police-investigating-missing-woman
"Her mother said her date dropped her off at her house. Heather called her roommate to tell her how she had a great time. That is the last time anyone will admit to talking to her."

Maybe you can help me. What press release says that OMM admitted the phone call "at the time"? TIA

ETA: Those articles were early on, and they probably didn't have the information about LE speaking to OMM at that time.

Sorry, PR = Police Report. I thought the Police Report stated he admitted to talking to her that night. So if he admitted to it when the report was taken, why did early news articles say the last time anyone admitted to talking to her was the roommate?

My question was answered by others though, I think. It appears he admitted to some kind of (earlier?) call when the report was taken, but did not admit to talking to her AFTER her call to the roommate. Must have been the phone records that later reminded him.

Sorry, Ghostwheel, now I get what you're saying about the early articles not having the Police Report information yet. I imagined the family gave those "will admit to" quotes, and the family would have known about what was admitted to LE.

If the police report was written up by 12/20, he must have admitted speaking to her by then, right? But maybe not to the times they spoke, or number of calls. I do wonder why her mom (was it her mom?) said "last time anyone admitted talking to her was 3:41." Of course, I also wonder how it is there was call activity after that, not seen by TE apparently, when he pulled up the account.

But I guess we shall continue to wonder...does not look like we will be filled in anytime soon.

I just cannot imagine how stupid one would have to be to be confronted with the fact that LE knows you were on the phone to her and not also realize they would know how many times and when the calls took place. So if he lied about that...he cannot be too bright.

But then no one says criminals are bright either...often they are lucky.

<snipped by me>

I do wonder why her mom (was it her mom?) said "last time anyone admitted talking to her was 3:41." Of course, I also wonder how it is there was call activity after that, not seen by TE apparently, when he pulled up the account.

<snipped by me>

Regarding the above statement. I wonder if he saw later activity and LE asked him early on not to mention the phone activity after 3:41am, or if those records didn't show up? It seems 36 some hours later all the calls would show up.

Did we ever determine who the 3:41am call was to? I've seen the roommate mention a 1:44 and 2:00am call (which so close in time I think are one in the same)
I think it was mentioned by her mom that the 3:41was to the roommate but I haven't seen much else confirming that. I remember in an interview with DE, DE stated that they pulled records and saw a number after the call to roommate and they did not recognize the number. Parents called roommate and the roommate was able to shed some light on that number. (I haven't been able to relocate this exact interview)

Soooooo was 3:41 call to SM or someone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joybird99