SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic, but I wonder why someone who is the subject of intense community scrutiny would make their Facebook page public and even address their "stalkers" in a taunting way. I mean, I guess I can understand the immaturity of minors doing this, but it perplexes me why full grown adults would engage in such behavior.

The public parts are about their WDW vacation pics, requests for friends to submit stuff for an 80s R&R book and the posts taunting of their so-called stalkers. From what I see, that person made everything prior to mid-late Dec 2013 hidden. It shows two opposites sides of a personality to me. Very black & white...no grays. ALL IMO, of course.

That is the definition of a taunting, narcissistic, non empathic person.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using Tapatalk HD

That is the definition of a taunting, narcissistic, non empathic person.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using Tapatalk HD

It would not be a big surprise if this turns out to be a case of the pot calling the kettle black....

I know what you mean. I'm following 3 cases up near me - Alexis Murphy (at least there LE has made an arrest), Jamisha Gilbert (LE had a body early on, but no COD) and Eric G. Smith - and the Sierra Lamar and Jessica Heeringa cases. There is less going on in those threads in total than here though.

frustrating when the cases seem to be going no where..i followed Jamisha Gilbert and Dr. Teleka Patrick

The public parts are about their WDW vacation pics, requests for friends to submit stuff for an 80s R&R book and the posts taunting of their so-called stalkers. From what I see, that person made everything prior to mid-late Dec 2013 hidden. It shows two opposites sides of a personality to me. Very black & white...no grays. ALL IMO, of course.

a very interesting topic to discuss..........if we were able to!

I am curious if LE performed any search warrants on anyone's residences, phone records, etc.

We know they probably got HE phone records with permission from her family, but I am wondering about other search warrants for others.

I am hoping they were able to do this. It sure seems that they would have enough probable cause to get a judge to ok a search warrant or 2. I suppose we will never know if this was ever done yet or not unless they inform the public they have done this or if charges ever get filed.

If someone lawyers up, it still would not prevent a search warrant if a judge OKs it.

Small jurisdictions sometimes worry me if they have the proper advice and help to know all the things they can do. Hopefully they would ask for help from the FBI and others if they need help.

thanks for taking the time and effort to clarify.I appreciate it. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to annoy you,I'm new to this board and just trying to work my way thru. I'll try not to be so picky & deatail oriented next time. crawling back into lurking mode...

Snowyowl, don't crawl back into your lurking mode. I too am a very detailed oriented person. I have been accused many times of digging too deep into the weeds. Maybe that comes from from writing contracts and legal documents for over 21 yrs. I do pick apart every word, every note....that is just who I am. I've never been accused of being "too general" about anything. Don't stop what you are doing! It is true that "Truth" is in the details. Your insight is interesting and who knows? During all that digging you might just find what LE needs to find HE.

IMO, picking apart every word and phrase just does not work well, in following these cases. Experience has shown me how often media gets things wrong, sometimes even quotes are wrong, when you compare them to clips of what someone actually said. Trying to match everything up is a recipe for crazy-making. And IMO, it is almost never a case of things being "hidden" or cryptic messages...just a welcome to the era of bad reporting. JMO

As far as the purse issue goes...I doubt anyone can say if it missing, since no one can say she had one with her. If she did, it is missing. I think that is her father's opinion. They can't even determine a single item of clothing she may have been wearing, as far as we know.

I wonder what potential evidence was uncovered? Speculating, of course.....
Was the purse found then, but not turned over to law enforcement right away?
If it is the purse, why the added word of potential?
Does that mean if it is the purse that there might not be DNA on the purse from the perp, so it is only labeled "potential"? Or could there be DNA on it from the perp?
Was the "potential evidence" found during the independent search?
Just throwing out ideas since the elephant in the room appeared again......
and there are discrepancies about the purse, and it's missing, no it's not......

" "Potential evidence was uncovered and did not immediately report it to law enforcement," Lt. Robert Kegler said."

http://www.wistv.com/story/24565541/2-men-arrested-for-obstructing-heather-elvis-case

IMOO.

Thanks for that,but is there any link stating they searched PTL or her living places??

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_1d576166-6a6f-11e3-bcda-0019bb30f31a.html
Horry County police with help from several agencies searched the Intracoastal Waterway by boat and with a SLED helicopter, but Elvis was not found.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2013/12/20/3915238/authorities-search-myrtle-beach.html
Horry County police and a helicopter from the State Law Enforcement Division searched an area near a Socastee boat landing Friday after a 20-year-old woman’s car was found there, but she has not been seen, according to authorities.

This article states they searched "an area near a socastee boat landing" but does not specify which one…I can't see the entire article either without paying for it :(

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24273295/horry-county-police-investigating-missing-woman
Police, CUE Center continue to search

Horry County Police and the Department of Natural Resources continued to search the area around Peachtree Landing in Socastee.

The CUE Center says the search is still going. People are helping alongside law enforcement. Last weekend, they kicked the search up a notch. The CUE Center is called in more resources, brought in more, and began searching more than the water.

Monica Caison with the CUE Center said it's almost like Heather just vanished. They have been on the water every single day since her disappearance was reported. They have had people and teams of canines on the water. There is nothing to indicate she is in the water at this point, but it is cold, and they need to eliminate any possibility that she is there.

Caison wants to call out to experienced boaters and fishermen that have boats and can help search to contact her directly at ***

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2014/01/07/elvis-heather-missing-after-date-myrtle-beach-car-found
Large community and police search efforts have been canvassing the air, water and land areas surrounding Heather’s apartment, as well as the area where her car was found.

“It was locked, parked parallel to the edge instead of straight on,” Terry Elvis said.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_1d576166-6a6f-11e3-bcda-0019bb30f31a.html
Horry County police with help from several agencies searched the Intracoastal Waterway by boat and with a SLED helicopter, but Elvis was not found.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2013/12/20/3915238/authorities-search-myrtle-beach.html
Horry County police and a helicopter from the State Law Enforcement Division searched an area near a Socastee boat landing Friday after a 20-year-old woman’s car was found there, but she has not been seen, according to authorities.

This article states they searched "an area near a socastee boat landing" but does not specify which one…I can't see the entire article either without paying for it :(

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24273295/horry-county-police-investigating-missing-woman
Police, CUE Center continue to search

Horry County Police and the Department of Natural Resources continued to search the area around Peachtree Landing in Socastee.

The CUE Center says the search is still going. People are helping alongside law enforcement. Last weekend, they kicked the search up a notch. The CUE Center is called in more resources, brought in more, and began searching more than the water.

Monica Caison with the CUE Center said it's almost like Heather just vanished. They have been on the water every single day since her disappearance was reported. They have had people and teams of canines on the water. There is nothing to indicate she is in the water at this point, but it is cold, and they need to eliminate any possibility that she is there.

Caison wants to call out to experienced boaters and fishermen that have boats and can help search to contact her directly at ***

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2014/01/07/elvis-heather-missing-after-date-myrtle-beach-car-found
Large community and police search efforts have been canvassing the air, water and land areas surrounding Heather’s apartment, as well as the area where her car was found.

“It was locked, parked parallel to the edge instead of straight on,” Terry Elvis said.

BBM

I hope the helicopter flew over a certain someone's home and land to see if there was any freshly disturbed dirt.

I wonder what potential evidence was uncovered? Speculating, of course.....
Was the purse found then, but not turned over to law enforcement right away?
If it is the purse, why the added word of potential?
Does that mean if it is the purse that there might not be DNA on the purse from the perp, so it is only labeled "potential"? Or could there be DNA on it from the perp?

Was the "potential evidence" found during the independent search?
Just throwing out ideas since the elephant in the room appeared again......
and there are discrepancies about the purse, and it's missing, no it's not......

" "Potential evidence was uncovered and did not immediately report it to law enforcement," Lt. Robert Kegler said."

BBM

http://www.wistv.com/story/24565541/2-men-arrested-for-obstructing-heather-elvis-case

IMOO.

BBM

I've wondered if maybe she didn't take the purse with her. She was probably thinking that she was going out for a quick meeting with whomever and return to her home right away. Hopefully, a thorough search was made of her apartment by either her family or LE.

[Ihttp://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2014/01/07/elvis-heather-missing-after-date-myrtle-beach-car-found

Above SBM:

I would find it hard to believe that they would search the areas surrounding Heather's apartment, but not her apartment, itself. To me, that answers the question with a 'Yes, they did search her apartment.' JMO.

Off topic, but I wonder why someone who is the subject of intense community scrutiny would make their Facebook page public and even address their "stalkers" in a taunting way. I mean, I guess I can understand the immaturity of minors doing this, but it perplexes me why full grown adults would engage in such behavior.

Definitely a case of arrested development which could be a result of many different factors. Jealousy and revenge come to mind. I have often wondered if this behavior could be considered the beginning stage of premeditation. Then I wonder why Heather stopped posting on Twitter at the end of November. Did she sense someone lurking on her pages for some particular reason?

Snowyowl, don't crawl back into your lurking mode. I too am a very detailed oriented person. I have been accused many times of digging too deep into the weeds. Maybe that comes from from writing contracts and legal documents for over 21 yrs. I do pick apart every word, every note....that is just who I am. I've never been accused of being "too general" about anything. Don't stop what you are doing! It is true that "Truth" is in the details. Your insight is interesting and who knows? During all that digging you might just find what LE needs to find HE.

IMO, the beauty of this site is how each one of us approaches things a bit differently with our own strengths. Just everyone be who you are and say just what you think (of course within our guidelines here). I love hearing all the different points of view. Makes life interesting!

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/local/aynor/article_e27b8722-81fa-11e3-a440-001a4bcf6878.html

Police records discuss phone calls between Heather Elvis, older man as late as 6 a.m. December 18
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2014 10:15 am

select pieces

The phone activity occurred about four hours after Elvis’ last known whereabouts on Dec. 18,

police records and in a telephone interview that he drove Elvis home and dropped her off sometime between 2 and 2:30 a.m.

returned to her River Oaks Drive apartment did say she spoke to Elvis about her date with Shiraldi.

She said that conversation occurred at about 2 a.m. Dec. 18.

Elvis’ roommate, identified in a police report as Brianna Warrelmann, received a phone call from Elvis at about 1:44 a.m. Dec. 18, police records state.

According to the report, the roommate said the victim “seemed like she was crying and upset”

did say she spoke to Elvis about her date with Shiraldi.

She said that conversation occurred at about 2 a.m. Dec. 18.

were there 2 seperate calls? if the 1:44 a.m. about upset and Heather wasn't dropped off between 2 and 2:30 does that mean SS heard that call?
BW call about date occurred at about 2 a.m? is 1:44 a.m. at about 2 a.m. or is it 2 different calls? or is this more sloppy reporting?

Yes Snowy Owl - I can't come to terms with the conversation with the roomie 'being upset re OMM supposedly saying he'd leave his wife etc..' while HE was supposedly in the company of her date. Sure I can imagine excusing herself and going off to talk as an aside, but wouldn't HE be more likely to say I'll tell you after I get home? Besides I doubt she'd be able to cover that emotion once she was back in his company.
Shiraldi did say that there had been a call between HE and roomie during the date and that she was happy and just tired when he dropped her off home. Knowing the above - this just doesn't compute. (I'm not inferring that the date is a POI)

It's the times that don't match up. Last phone call with roomie just before 2am and yet HE not dropped home until 2-2.30.

Also the time gap - photo was sent to TE before 11pm and yet HE didn't get home until 2-2.30. Do we have any knowledge as to their whereabouts after the driving lesson?

Apologies if this has already been posted......

Four harassment complaints filed since Heather Elvis reported missing
http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_9e6c8c96-8cec-11e3-ab97-001a4bcf6878.html

From the link:

Starnes is also listed as a suspect in a harassment complaint filed 11 days before the Jan. 28 obstruction of justice report, one of four such complaints filed from the household of Sidney Moorer.

Moorer, 38, is the man previously identified in police records as having a relationship history with Heather Elvis, according to police records obtained by the Carolina Forest Chronicle.

And there we have it in the MSM! Finally. ;)

From the link:

Starnes is also listed as a suspect in a harassment complaint filed 11 days before the Jan. 28 obstruction of justice report, one of four such complaints filed from the household of Sidney Moorer.

Moorer, 38, is the man previously identified in police records as having a relationship history with Heather Elvis, according to police records obtained by the Carolina Forest Chronicle.

And there we have it in the MSM! Finally. ;)

Can we finally talk about him

From link:
In that call, Elvis “seemed like she was crying and upset” due to receiving a call from Moorer.
The report also said Elvis had a relationship with Moorer, and that Moorer said he left his wife and wanted to be with the victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FLGHTMEDC1