SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember all that Terry Elvis did not ask to be in this situation. Something terrible happened to his daughter. Please show some compassion.

My husband is a gun enthusiast and I asked him if he could tell the difference between a typical handgun and a typical rifle based on 2 shots fired...he said yes and then went on to demonstrate them vocally lol.

That being said, not sure I buy the M's story...just based on what I have come to believe is the nature of their character, MOO. LE should still absolutely investigate.

IMO, it is not LE's fault they can't solve this case...as I believe they need to find Heather's body to do so. Finding a hidden body is no easy task and as most of us know, it usually happens by accident and sometimes, many years later. If nothing points to a crime scene or injury, they are in a bind as far as charging anyone with anything.

Not sure there is an answer to the madness. It is easy to say "name a suspect, arrest someone, solve this case" but in reality, with finding her body, LE cannot do much of anything, other than continue to investigate, JMO, and if they have a suspect, try to get inside their mind and make educated guesses as to where he may have put her.

I didn't say everyone can tell all the time.

I misunderstood. I do agree you can sometimes tell. Sometimes it is obvious.

With the moving vehicles, it would be tough I would think. He may be basing his judgement on 2 quick shots in succession. And that may be why he said "automatic". If I heard 2 very quick shots in succession, I also would assume a "semi-automatic handgun" just based on the quick shots.

But its not a guarantee even with that because someone could have a sem-auto rifle. But most people firing from automobiles (which is criminal conduct) would probably have a handgun in the car.

My thoughts are maybe LE doesn't know for certain either way. I remember reading about Samantha Koenig and how horrible and nasty Samantha's family was to the man they believe had the answers. LE had no idea what happen to her and had not cleared him or charged him as a person of interest. They may have later cleared him, but at one point in time they didn't and it was horrible for this man and his family. Of course every case is different, so I am only thinking it is possibly they don't know here what happened to HE and also don't know if SM is responsible like one point in time they didn't know either of those things with Samantha. I hope that things move quickly so that all the families can move forward because what is going on isn't healthy for anyone.

I don't know much about the Samantha Koenig case. What made the family suspect the man? How was it eventually resolved, if it was?

I don't know if it was SM, or not, either, but I do think there are quite a number of reasons to suspect that it is. I also think LE is making a big mistake if they know they can clear him, but aren't. I truly hope this is not the case. His kids deserve better.

If I were in their shoes and heard shots fired(or a blown tire, backfire, etc)in my presence , I would most definitely assume that shots were being fired toward me !

might depend on my conscience.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

An Horry County man who, according to police records, had a relationship history with Heather Elvis said someone filed two shots at his pickup truck while he was driving in Georgetown County, according to a report obtained by Waccamaw Publishers.

Gunshots fired at truck of man identified in Heather Elvis report, records state

I'm going to have to call BS on this story too. It just doesn't sound that convincing to me.

BBM / Blue my comments:

About a quarter of a mile north of the Georgetown bridges, a possibly white or silver pickup truck "came up fast" from behind, coming within 60 feet of his bumper. Moorer said in the report he thought the vehicle had been following him for several miles.

If a vehicle comes within 60 feet of my truck, I wouldn't say that's "close to my bumper"! 60 feet is equal to 3 car lengths. I wouldn't consider that close at all. And, we all know when someone is "riding our *ss" in traffic. Now, that's close to your bumper - certainly not 3 car lengths.

"At this point Mr. Moorer stated he heard two distinct shots from an automatic handgun come from the suspect vehicle," the report states.

SM must really be a gun expert to be able to distinguish an automatic handgun while traveling in a truck down the road at 55-60 mph. Not buying it.

The suspect vehicle then dramatically slowed and dimmed its lights. The victim said he lost sight of the vehicle and fled toward Georgetown, where he called police, according to the report.

The bridge is 1.5 miles long. Traveling at 60 mph, SM or his co-pilot would have had 1.5 minutes to call 911. I am assuming that is what happened?

The headline reads: Gunshots fired at truck of man identified in Heather Elvis report, records state

A deputy examined the vehicle and found no evidence of damage from any bullets.

If someone was shooting at SM's truck, then, it's hard to believe that it was not struck. Therefor, if this story is factual, then the person(s) firing shots were not firing at the truck (or cannot aim) IMO.

And, another point, what's with the family trip so late at night to Georgetown on a school night?

My husband is a gun enthusiast and I asked him if he could tell the difference between a typical handgun and a typical rifle based on 2 shots fired...he said yes and then went on to demonstrate them vocally lol.

That being said, not sure I buy the M's story...just based on what I have come to believe is the nature of their character, MOO. LE should still absolutely investigate.

ha!! this is exactly what my hubby would do. and ftr, I could probably tell the difference, I might be off a few times, but we shoot often.

ETA: don't let my comment sway you one way or another in re: my belief of sm report ;-)

Im praying that cooler heads will prevail and people will let LE do their job.

Like others have mentioned, it may take a very long time unfortunately. Time is on the side of LE. That is one good thing is there is no statute of limitations with murder cases. .

Does anyone know if there ever was a statute of limitation or has it always been that way for murder.

Im praying that cooler heads will prevail and people will let LE do their job.

Like others have mentioned, it may take a very long time unfortunately. Time is on the side of LE. That is one good thing is there is no statute of limitations with murder cases. .

Does anyone know if there ever was a statute of limitation or has it always been that way for murder.

Sometimes they cannot prove cause or manner of death, though, after a long time. Police in AZ still have not been able to confirm that Adrienne Salinas was murdered, though it seems obvious. They have said they have not been able to determine either. So time can hurt, especially if no other chargeable evidence.

Did I read or imagine there is to be another vigil for Heather? and when?
Was it tonight? Locals any news about this? Thanks

I'd really love to hear the other man and his wife explain the "private messaging" up until 6AM....I know they won't, because they can't, but I'd like to hear their version/explanation of it, especially if they are innocent.

I'd really love to hear the other man and his wife explain the "private messaging" up until 6AM....I know they won't, because they can't, but I'd like to hear their version/explanation of it, especially if they are innocent.

So would I ....

Originally Posted by stillwatersc
remember all that terry elvis did not ask to be in this situation. Something terrible happened to his daughter. Please show some compassion.

How about showing some compassion for EVERYONE involved might be a good thing?(I'm not referring to ANYONE in particular) As long as NOBODY has been DEFINITIVELY stated by LE whatever happened to innocent until PROVEN guilty??
Of course I feel bad for ALL involved. It's ROTTEN that things like this happen,but we know nothing substantive yet. Last time I checked Heather was a legally aged adult doing whatever she chose to do with her life.
Awful things can happen in life. I know because I had an unsolved murder in my family too. But I sure would NEVER imagine taking justice in my own hands.That's why there are LAWS. Of course it's NOT FAIR-whoever said life would be fair?
I'm sitting back watching people question someones version pf reality and I'm beginning to wonder if we're going to descend to the Facebook level.Where's the TIME OUT?
There can be all kinds of reasons for all kinds of things,but shouldn't they be based on FACTS (of which there are so few)
Calling people liars,etc seems to me a rather biased way to look at things. This whole case is descending into a free for all.
Where's LE in all this??Where are all these after-the-fact PR? How can we even attempt to determine anything when we don't get ANY story? Why are LE allowing this to continue? I hope LE gets sued by ALL parties for abrogation of duties.
I'm seriously beginning to question what good we can do here. Now I can see why so many ppl have fallen away. Are you SURE this isn't a reality show being filmed??:tantrum:
Living out in the boonies I can see not having a signal, Certain carriers have better coverage.
I can also see fear & flight when your family is in the car. You want to get the heck away from the area where you believe you're in danger. Maybe this is why arrests were made for interfering? Maybe this is AFTER all the hoopla & LE realized it was getting out of hand. Finally..:moo::banghead:

If I were one of those trying to clear my name, or professing my innocence, I'd probably begin posting more information about phone call times and who they were to and from on my social media sites or something. Especially if LE hadn't released any info, just saying...

Just my opinion

If I were one of those trying to clear my name, or professing my innocence, I'd probably begin posting more information about phone call times and who they were to and from on my social media sites or something. Especially if LE hadn't released any info, just saying...

Just my opinion

lololol this cracked me up! thx for the giggle, much needed after today!

Yep - to quote Ross Perot in 1992 in a debate with Bill Clinton: "I'm all ears!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunnid