SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
at that time of night would be either walmart on seaboard or walmart in carolina forest. probably leaning more towards seaboard street walmart. checking the parking lot cameras wouldn't be a bad idea, just incase right?

Yeah. I would certainly hope that LE has checked on all of the available surveillance cameras at all open gas stations, grocery stores, and fast food restaurants in a certain mile radius of her apartment. I wouldn't want to venture a guess at how far that radius should transcend and I know it would be alot of work to compile the data and review it, but it should be done. It could lead to a break at determining where she could have went if anywhere of that sorts.

I would hope that the Tilted Kilt has been thoroughly checked out as far determining if there were any regulars that have acted strange or if anyone there might have been bothering her, at all.

I would review all tickets and citations given out that night in the general area, if there were any, and see if maybe those people cited have any criminal history and generally investigate the circumstances.

IMO, its small things that can turn up a mistake that the perp made, possibly. I understand that the LE in this area is underfunded and are lacking man-power, but Heather deserves all of these things to be looked at.

I could sit here all night thinking of things that LE could dig in. Hopefully they have the time and resources to do it all.

All the following shows have forms online under "contact us" you can easily type up a request, copy it & paste to each of these. Even if they did a show on teenage safety, human trafficking, the missing, etc & discuss the cases within it that would help!

-Hlntv.com (submit form under contact us for each show-Nancy, Jane, Drew, etc)
-www.drphil.com
-www.katiecouric.com
-www.doctoroz.com
-Abc.com/theview
-www.ellentv.com
-http://abcnews.go.com/Site/page?id=3068843 (GMA & 20/20)

As well, many other MSM shows you can think of will have FB and Twitter accounts. Let's make some contact and make some noise! ~ Thank you!

np3lw2.jpg

Relative distance of known locations.

Re the conversation Heather had with her roommate about having a nice time on her date - was it via text or voice call?

I don't know if this has been mentioned here before or not... but I was looking at the crime maps on Trulia & noticed a rape was reported on the 18th of December on Mill Pond Rd... only a little over a mile from Peachtree Landing. I mapped it out on Google.

PeachtreeVSRapejpg_zpsddc04601.jpg

I wish the LE would release daily updates on their search efforts! Not all of the news stations are even covering the case on a daily basis (WPDE, for example had nothing on last night!). Plus, they are only supplying the same info over and over again. Nothing investigative what-so-ever as mentioned in a previous post. So, there is going to be a natural resentment and a sense of helplessness in the community IMO. Not to mention all the people being turned away that are trying to help find HE (which I think is ridiculous at this point). HE is either still here somewhere locally hidden away or far gone IMO. But, that doesn't mean she can't still be found safely.

If there was a daily update, at least then, we would all be reassured that they are doing the best possible job that they can! And, it would avoid a lot of confusion, speculation and rumors to circulate.

Any facts or information could possibly help us find Heather!

They are also asking for the public's help but IMO, it works both ways.

QUESTIONS:

1.) Have there been any searches around other parts of Peachtree Rd.? There are a lot of swampy areas, lakes, ponds, and water just looking at the map of area... http://goo.gl/05ejWT

2.) Has a door-to-door search been made around Peachtree and White River Dr.?

3.) Have they identified the "date" HE went on and questioned him extensively? No mention of him in the news or otherwise. Was he eliminated as a suspect? Then, let us all know!

4.) Where is HE's phone? Was it geo-tracked? If so, where and when exactly? Why is the info so vague?

5.) Was her car processed for fingerprints?

6.) HE was last seen at 2am at her condo. WHO saw her? WHERE did they see her? In her condo? In the parking lot? In her car? With someone else? ...Which, to me doesn't even make sense! If you think about it, if she was last seen in her condo, that would mean someone actually saw her INSIDE her condo, right? See what I mean?

7.) What clues did HE's 3am conversation with her Roommate give if any?

8.) What National coverage is this getting? And, if not, why not? (CNN, Nancy Grace, AMW/John Walsh, freakin' Oprah!, etc.)

9.) Has anyone "profiled" a perp?

Too many questions and too little info to help IMO. I just wish the LE would supply more info! Frustrating!

Could the perp live in the mobile home park next to where the car was found? Dump the car...walk home.

How would they get to River Oaks where HE's phone pinged around 3am?

Does anyone know if the person that reported Heather's car saw it when they woke up that morning? We keep thinking because the phone pinged at 3am that she left home in the middle of the night, it's completely possible that she went to bed and didn't meet someone until early the next morning. At this point anything is possible.

For years, Monica Caison wondered what happened to Melinda Harder, who she remembered from her childhood as friendly and happy, sometimes pulling three young children in a red wagon.

Caison said the mystery became an inspiration for her life’s work – searching for the missing.
_

Melinda Harder, Found After 28 Years
This week remains were positively identified which were found in 1989, nine years after Melinda Harder went missing in 1980. This is a landmark case on so many levels. It holds out hope to those who are still searching for their missing mothers, some also for almost 30 years, that they NEVER give up. Talking to several children of missing mothers has taught me that it is a mission, a life's work, a "calling" that reaches into their core.
"28 years ago, three children who were 3, 4, and 5 did not know what happened to their mother," said Brenda Stevenson, a civilian investigator for the St. Petersburg Police Department
For the children of Melinda Harder, and family friend Monica Caison it is an inspiration to continue to help, to continue to search and to continue to bring answers to families who so desperately need them.

<sniped-read more>
http://mothersarevanishing.blogspot.com/2008/10/melinda-harder-found-after-28-years.html

Probably already been mentioned, but that last tumblr blog shared by her at 1-2AM the night of her disappearance could indicate someone who was going to harm herself. She seems like a deep thinker trapped in a 'party girl' lifestyle, which could spawn identity issues and depression. Hope she is found safe.

Also based on her twitter she said she felt like she hhad identity issues and didn't know "who " she was.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Great map for statistics.

I'm looking for a map that has the crimes marked with a certain pin that represents a certain crime. Each pin is color coded according to their coinciding hcrime. Then when you click on the pin, up pops the crime, the address, date, time, person committing the crime if there was an arrest, etc.

Not every city has these maps but when they do they're so useful for stereotyping. Each city names them something different. Hoping with all the crime there that they have something like this. There's a way to search dates, etc. I think it would be interesting to view invasions/thefts involving knives/guns in the county near when Heather disappeared. Then I think it would be interesting to compare those statistics to others missing from the area.

Hi Jersey girl - try spot crime.com on left, choose a state. In search bar, I typed in Myrtle Beach and the date.

Crime Prevention: Be Safe! - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Threads in Forum : Crime Prevention: Be Safe!

Keeping Children Safe Online
imamaze
04-18-2013 09:02 PM
by imamaze Go to last post
8 7,079

Helping Children Cope with National Tragedies
believe09
12-15-2012 07:49 AM
by believe09 Go to last post
0 1,508

Social Networking Safety
imamaze
04-16-2012 11:36 PM
3 1,555

Keeping Children Safe...
imamaze
05-23-2011 11:06 PM
0 1,859

Domestic violence links - state by state
Kimster
04-05-2011 07:58 PM
by Kimster Go to last post
0 1,889

Videos about domestic violence
Kimster
04-01-2011 01:27 AM
0 2,018

How to be prepared in case you are physically attacked
Kimster
03-08-2011 02:53 AM
by Thinaire Go to last post
3 2,422

Are you being stalked? *Information - no discussion*
Kimster
03-04-2011 12:58 AM
0 1,966

Womenslaw.org - help for women
Kimster

Crime Prevention: Be Safe! - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Threads in Forum : Crime Prevention: Be Safe!

Keeping Children Safe Online
imamaze
04-18-2013 09:02 PM
8 7,079

Helping Children Cope with National Tragedies
believe09
12-15-2012 07:49 AM
by believe09 Go to last post
0 1,508

Social Networking Safety
imamaze
04-16-2012 11:36 PM
3 1,555

Keeping Children Safe...
imamaze
05-23-2011 11:06 PM
0 1,859

Domestic violence links - state by state
Kimster
04-05-2011 07:58 PM
0 1,889

Videos about domestic violence
Kimster
04-01-2011 01:27 AM
0 2,018

How to be prepared in case you are physically attacked
Kimster
03-08-2011 02:53 AM
by Thinaire Go to last post
3 2,422

Are you being stalked? *Information - no discussion*
Kimster
03-04-2011 12:58 AM
0 1,966

Womenslaw.org - help for women
Kimster

You know a lot of good information or know where to get it. I applaud you on that sir.

I have always thought organized searches should be set up each month in different area's of cities or states to look for missing people. It could be all volunteers. I don't think we do enough for the missing. Just a thought

I agree. I saw the Disappeared ep last night about the lady that was missing (Shannon Gilbert?)...while searching for her they found 10 other bodies - some believed to be victims of a serial killer. I think many more would be found if marshy and wooded areas off of lonely roads were periodically searched.

I wish the LE would release daily updates on their search efforts! Not all of the news stations are even covering the case on a daily basis (WPDE, for example had nothing on last night!). Plus, they are only supplying the same info over and over again. Nothing investigative what-so-ever as mentioned in a previous post. So, there is going to be a natural resentment and a sense of helplessness in the community IMO. Not to mention all the people being turned away that are trying to help find HE (which I think is ridiculous at this point). HE is either still here somewhere locally hidden away or far gone IMO. But, that doesn't mean she can't still be found safely.

If there was a daily update, at least then, we would all be reassured that they are doing the best possible job that they can! And, it would avoid a lot of confusion, speculation and rumors to circulate.

Any facts or information could possibly help us find Heather!

They are also asking for the public's help but IMO, it works both ways.

QUESTIONS:

1.) Have there been any searches around other parts of Peachtree Rd.? There are a lot of swampy areas, lakes, ponds, and water just looking at the map of area... http://goo.gl/05ejWT

2.) Has a door-to-door search been made around Peachtree and White River Dr.?

3.) Have they identified the "date" HE went on and questioned him extensively? No mention of him in the news or otherwise. Was he eliminated as a suspect? Then, let us all know!

4.) Where is HE's phone? Was it geo-tracked? If so, where and when exactly? Why is the info so vague?

5.) Was her car processed for fingerprints?

6.) HE was last seen at 2am at her condo. WHO saw her? WHERE did they see her? In her condo? In the parking lot? In her car? With someone else? ...Which, to me doesn't even make sense! If you think about it, if she was last seen in her condo, that would mean someone actually saw her INSIDE her condo, right? See what I mean?

7.) What clues did HE's 3am conversation with her Roommate give if any?

8.) What National coverage is this getting? And, if not, why not? (CNN, Nancy Grace, AMW/John Walsh, freakin' Oprah!, etc.)

9.) Has anyone "profiled" a perp?

Too many questions and too little info to help IMO. I just wish the LE would supply more info! Frustrating!
Bold by me - I believe 2 am is the last time someone spoke to Heather. It was reported in the media that she phoned her mother sometime around that hour to let her know she was back from her date. (I have also seen the hour reported as 12:00 midnight, and 1 am was mentioned by a local poster.)

But by all accounts that I have heard, it was not an actual sighting.

Great comment, btw! :)

I agree. I saw the Disappeared ep last night about the lady that was missing (Shannon Gilbert?)...while searching for her they found 10 other bodies - some believed to be victims of a serial killer. I think many more would be found if marshy and wooded areas off of lonely roads were periodically searched.

They found bones in this case while searching for HE. I am sure there is more then enough people that would volunteer too. Not to mention the technology that is available right now is crazy. Eventually technology is going to surpass crime. Your never going to be able to prevent it but you will be able to solve it. Just my thoughts.

Carolyn Callahan &#8207;@carolyncallahan 1h
Horry County Police say the bones that have been found, have been in the area for years. #sctweets

Carolyn Callahan &#8207;@carolyncallahan 1h
Horry County Police say skeletal remains have been found scattered in a wooded area. Officers cannot confirm remains are human #sctweets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876