SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catchy kitty View Post
Please remember the perp could be on this thread !
Be careful what you say or do!

If I recall correctly Dennis Rader the BTK killer actually enjoyed participating in online forums that discussed his crimes.

Foxfire could explain this better than I.

Not to sound creepy, but Catchy kitty, I was thinking the same thing today. Possibly, certain "eyes" are on this thread. Another person who enjoyed getting drunk and commenting on his crimes via posts on the net was IK. He admits to this behavior in one of the FBI interview videos on Youtube.

Something to keep in mind when posting. Be safe everyone.

News today is in real time and is continuous 24 hours a day. Only a smart phone away. Many, if not most of todays predators/SKs monitor LE, the internet forums, and the news updates of their crimes.

Catchy kitty, BTK monitored and communicated with LE & the MS Media, and this is why he was eventually apprehended. A proposed book titled "The BTK Story", which mimicked a story written in 1999 by Court TV crime writer David Lohr(Now with Huffington Post), upset BTK. BTK, then sent a floppy disk to Fox TV. The disc was traced to his church where he was a deacon.

As Passin' Me By, noted AK SK & bank robber(IK)Israel Keyes monitored and posted on various internet forums.

In 2008, behavioral analysts in the FBI’s National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime—part of our Critical Incident Response Group—issued a comprehensive report entitled Serial Murder: Multi-Disciplinary Perspectives for Investigators. Based on the findings of a five-day conference three years earlier that included 135 experts from across different fields, the monograph defined serial murder as “the unlawful killing of two or more victims by the same offender(s), in separate events.”

2013 • September • Serial Killers, Part 1: The FBI’s Role Takes Shape
http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2013/september/serial-killers-part-1-the-fbis-role-takes-shape

2013 • October • Serial Killers Part 2: The Birth of Behavioral Analysis in the FBI
http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/201...2-the-birth-of-behavioral-analysis-at-the-fbi

• 2013 • November • Serial Killers, Part 3: Ted Bundy’s Campaign of Terror
http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2013/november/serial-killers-part-3-ted-bundys-campaign-of-terror

MBnative, welcome to the websleuths family. As a born and raised Myrtle Beach native. What is your theories of what happened to Heather Elvis? Also, in your opinion, what is the pulse of the public concerning the seven unsolved missing persons cases in Horry County, SC?

Foxfire, I don't think most people here in MB are aware that 7 people are missing. Some of the cases haven't gotten a lot of publicity at all, and I think after the initial spurt with one, most people forget.

Of course, LE's reluctance to give press briefings doesn't help.

I will delete this if I'm not allowed to post this here but I'm providing a link from Carolina Live which has the photo and a few details of the second woman to missing in Soccastee this month. http://www.carolinalive.com/news/photos.aspx?id=988080#.Ur9xHH-9KSM

Still very few details. I don't want to jump to any conclusions that there's a link between hers and Heather's disappearance until we know more. If you Google her name, you see her mom passed away earlier this year and the holidays can certainly be hard on people who are grieving. LE definitely needs to ramp up their investigation though to get some answers.

I will delete this if I'm not allowed to post this here but I'm providing a link from Carolina Live which has the photo and a few details of the second woman to go missing in Soccastee this month. http://www.carolinalive.com/news/photos.aspx?id=988080#.Ur9xHH-9KSM

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24319632/missinghcpd-search-for-jamie-lynn-cross

HCPD: Police search for a missing woman
Posted: Dec 28, 2013 3:51 PM EST
Updated: Dec 28, 2013 4:37 PM EST
<sniped-read more>

HCPD: Police search for a missing woman

Sgt. Kegler with the HCPD stated, they do not believe this case has ANY connection to Heather Elvis, the 20-year old who went missing over a week ago.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing Forum Discussion
SC - Jamie Lynn Cross, 24, Murrells Inlet, 23 Dec, 2013
SC SC - Jamie Lynn Cross, 24, Murrells Inlet, 23 Dec, 2013 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

My videos are finishing totally out of order. :( I guess I'll put a playlist in order once they all finish.

News today is in real time and is continuous 24 hours a day. Only a smart phone away. Many, if not most of todays predators/SKs monitor LE, the internet forums, and the news updates of their crimes.

Catchy kitty, BTK monitored and communicated with LE & the MS Media, and this is why he was eventually apprehended. A proposed book titled "The BTK Story", which mimicked a story written in 1999 by Court TV crime writer David Lohr(Now with Huffington Post), upset BTK. BTK, then sent a floppy disk to Fox TV. The disc was traced to his church where he was a deacon.

As Passin' Me By, noted AK SK & bank robber(IK)Israel Keyes monitored and posted on various internet forums. FBI forensics on his PC indicated that IK had monitored the investigation in the Currier family murders, Burlington, VT. IK idolized Ted Bundy. Ironically, Burlington, VT was T. Bundy's birthplace..

In 2008, behavioral analysts in the FBI’s National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime—part of our Critical Incident Response Group—issued a comprehensive report entitled Serial Murder: Multi-Disciplinary Perspectives for Investigators. Based on the findings of a five-day conference three years earlier that included 135 experts from across different fields, the monograph defined serial murder as “the unlawful killing of two or more victims by the same offender(s), in separate events.”

2013 • September • Serial Killers, Part 1: The FBI’s Role Takes Shape
http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2013/september/serial-killers-part-1-the-fbis-role-takes-shape

2013 • October • Serial Killers Part 2: The Birth of Behavioral Analysis in the FBI
http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/201...2-the-birth-of-behavioral-analysis-at-the-fbi

• 2013 • November • Serial Killers, Part 3: Ted Bundy’s Campaign of Terror
http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2013/november/serial-killers-part-3-ted-bundys-campaign-of-terror

Thanks Foxfire. A "feeling" is not concrete evidence (at all), however, the above facts are solid. I'll say this, it is interesting a few of us felt compelled to mention someone sinister may be reading the thread today. JMO.

For anyone who might post social media links for HE, want to make you aware there is another young lady (a minor) by the same name who lives in nearby Conway. IMO

In defense of LE there is so much ground to cover here, there are massive wooded areas, the Intracoastal Waterway, Waccamaw River and the Atlantic Ocean. Not to mention Hwy 17 South to Charleston, Hwy 17 North to Wilmington, NC, Hwy 501 W, Hwy 31 and 22 (both completely wooded) along with all the back roads in between. If her own family and friends don't know where she is LE is dealing with a blank canvas, they definitely need to bring in SLED, FBI, etc and her friends need to be assisting LE as to what roads she normally traveled, who she'd met recently, who she's dated, odd customers, if she kept her doors locked, what stores she frequented late at night, if any. I'm wondering if people close to her are coming forward. There is so little known to the public that it's frightening.

Very true and unfortunately I know all too well about the desolate wooded and Swampy areas in and around myrtle.

I live on River Oaks and it is considered Carolina Forest. Just for reference - here is an article about the new Kangarroo and Subway in Carolina Forest which are on River Oaks. - http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/loc...cle_091a0120-20a7-11e3-8d1e-0019bb30f31a.html Also, are considered Carolina Forest in regards to all the know your zone stuff.

I work with the City of MB in zoning. Where the new Kangaroo is, yes that is the east entrance of Carolina Forest Blvd/International Dr where River Oaks Dr intersects but when Carolina Forest was trying to become it's own township the homes west of Carolina Bays Parkway were to be incorporated as "Carolina Forest". None of the River Oaks Homes/Condos were included in the plans to incorporate; sorry this is the fact. I just wanted to get factual information to those who do not live here or who have not been in this area for generations. River Oaks is officially considered unincorporated Myrtle Beach.

Very true and unfortunately I know all too well about the desolate wooded and Swampy areas in and around myrtle.

You are so correct and all of the Francis Marion National Forest. That has been a dumping ground for years now.

I work with the City of MB in zoning. Where the new Kangaroo is, yes that is the east entrance of Carolina Forest Blvd/International Dr where River Oaks Dr intersects but when Carolina Forest was trying to become it's own township the homes west of Carolina Bays Parkway were to be incorporated as "Carolina Forest". None of the River Oaks Homes/Condos were included in the plans to incorporate; sorry this is the fact. I just wanted to get factual information to those who do not live here or who have not been in this area for generations. River Oaks is officially considered unincorporated Myrtle Beach.

I'm sorry, but that's simply not true. The Bluffs on the Waterway are at least on division located on River Oaks that are Carolina Forest. The area is considered Carolina Forest. Carolina Forest itself is unincorporated.

ETA: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina_Forest,_South_Carolina wikipedia lists housing developments on River Oaks as part of Carolina Forest as well as River Oaks as a road in Carolina Forest. Not trying to nitpick, but the media is also considering her missing out of Carolina Forest. I don't want people to be confused.

Just to bring up an example in the Drexel case they new the RSO was in the area after the fact because he got a speeding ticket in the area at the time of her disappearance. They could check with LE to see something similar might have occurred.

j
I totally agree. The notorious and elusive serial killer, Son of Sam, was snagged by LE because he was issued a parking ticket close to one of his crime scenes.

I had to go to Walmart today and every face I looked at I thought exactly that. It's not just here, it's everywhere. You can never be too careful.

It's beginning to get scary living in Myrtle Beach.. I've never been more afraid to walk outside of my job at night to take out the trash. There's too many cases now. Unsolved cases! It's too deep..

We need Heather found!

I'm sorry, but that's simply not true. The Bluffs on the Waterway are at least on division located on River Oaks that are Carolina Forest. The area is considered Carolina Forest. Carolina Forest itself is unincorporated.

ETA: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina_Forest,_South_Carolina wikipedia lists housing developments on River Oaks as part of Carolina Forest as well as River Oaks as a road in Carolina Forest. Not trying to nitpick, but the media is also considering her missing out of Carolina Forest. I don't want people to be confused.
HCPD would respond to calls in River Oaks, not MBPD, correct?

MBnative, welcome to the websleuths family. As a born and raised Myrtle Beach native. What is your theories of what happened to Heather Elvis? Also, in your opinion, what is the pulse of the public concerning the seven unsolved missing persons cases in Horry County, SC?

Hello Foxfire and thank you for the welcome.
I've been very familiar with the cases of the missing. As for the community as a whole, imho, there has been knowledge in the beginning when the persons became missing but it just seems to fade away b/c the media moves on. The only case that has seemed to stay on the forefront is the BD case and I believe that has been her mothers perseverance, again my moo.
In moo I believe HE knew her abductor and probably met someone at PT landing. There has not been any mention of Rosewood landing which is a small boat landing just like PTL right down the road off Socastee Blvd. Many, many moons ago when I was in my twenties (20+ plus years ago) Rosewood and Enterprise landings were places we (friends) would meet up and have a few beers before going out. I sincerely pray that all are found and brought home to their loved ones.

Snipped

I'll say this, it is interesting a few of us felt compelled to mention someone sinister may be reading the thread today. JMO.

Interesting yes productive I'm not so sure, especially given the fact that we have no way of knowing if foul play is even involved. We certainly have been given nothing concrete through the media that this is what LE believes. All we have for sure is that a 20 year old has been missing for a little over a week, they haven't classified it as an abduction as far as I know. It might very well be that it is but until we are told that it is we shouldn't get too far ahead of ourselves and just go with what we know which isn't much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli