SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #20 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe her cell-mate will share her passion for all things Disney!

Hahaha, I have been imaging the things they have said to her. :floorlaugh:

I will never look at mickey mouse the same again! :eek::eek:

What if they never add a murder charge? A trial for just kidnapping (where the victim has not been recovered) has to be extremely rare.

I did research earlier, and I was able to find 3 cases in Horry County in the past 25 years where it was a no-body murder trial.

Maybe that's the bargaining chip against the murder charge for the one who didn't do the deed ...

What if they never add a murder charge? A trial for just kidnapping (where the victim has not been recovered) has to be extremely rare.

I did research earlier, and I was able to find 3 cases in Horry County in the past 25 years where it was a no-body murder trial.

I think they will add a murder charge eventually but your original post referenced no-body murder trials, so that's what I was addressing.

3 cases in one county??? That's not bad! More than I would've guessed.

Heather is 20, yes legally an adult, but had very little adult life experience. Being an adult is less about age than it is about experience. SM is an adult, as is TM, and I would say that it is THEY who made terrible life decisions. Heather is 100% the victim, I don't care how much fire she played with. But yes of course, one needs to be careful and avoid getting involved in such a volatile situation. There are many people who make mistakes and get the opportunity to learn from them. Someone STOLE THAT AWAY FROM HER!

That's weird.

The only reason I know it's an error is because I live here in MB. I used to go to Blarney Stones frequently (hate it's replacement, btw) and I've been to Tilted Kilt on numerous occasions. I did find a link though that talks about Blarney's transition into Rodeo.

http://www.mbvisit.com/go/nightlife...cle_13969878-8410-11e1-a447-001a4bcf6878.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks sorry for the confusion...I haven't ever been to either place...we usually don't go to broadway when we visit MB... Actually we have all but quit going to myrtle at all anymore I love Tybee Island now so we usually go there....but when I was in my teens I use to burn MB up every weekend.. Thinking back being a young female alone with only another girl friend trolling those streets each weekend makes me shutter at the thoughts of just how dumb I was at that age!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone find a kidnapping case that went to trial without a body, or murder charges?

I know this wasn't your question, but here is a list of murder cases with no bodies.

Through October 29, 2013 (392 trials) (48 states, DC and Virgin Islands)(No cases found in: NH and IDAHO) (Approximately 46 dismissals, mistrials, acquittals or reversals on appeal for conviction rate of approximately 88%) (Approximately 17 death penalty cases)
(91% of cases involve male defendants with 58% of the victims being female)

http://www.nobodycases.com/no_body2.pdf

I think it's common to see a young woman as only a victim of circumstances and not as an active participant in her own undoing. That's not victim-bashing, btw, that's taking an objective look at the entire situation. HE wasn't preyed upon by some pervy guy (like some underage high schooler we often read about). She pursued a married man. He responded favorably to that pursuit. They both entered into an affair and it was wrong on both their parts. And they each made a choice to continue said affair for some period of time.

That creates a situation that can be (and in this case was) very dangerous. How many women have you heard uttering some form of, "if my husband cheats I'll find and kill that other woman...." I think it happens more than we want to believe. Well, some of those people (men and women) really will take matters into their own hands if confronted by such a reality. I'm not defending it; it's indefensible. But it can and does happen.

When I read some of the things HE allegedly wrote on her SM (namely Twitter) account, I realized she had been playing with fire, lighting matches, and putting her activities out there publicly. Unfortunately no one interceded to get her on a better path than the destructive one she was on. That's sad. Not uncommon though.

So use this tragic situation of this young woman as a teachable lesson. Not to 'scare' someone, but to educate them on the reality of life. If you (the royal you) are going to screw around with someone who is not single, you are inviting WhoKnowsWhat into your life. You may get your feelings hurt, you may get something worse. It's not fair, but life isn't fair, and the point is to be smart, understand right from wrong, understand why, and develop a guideline for the kind of adult you want to be and the kind of life you want to lead. That to me is one possible "pay it forward" type of outcome that can be utilized from this case.

Just thought that I would mention something for all of our locals on here. On the FHE fb page (figured it was ok to mention because it is something positive) HE's friends and family want to start a ribbon campaign to show the Ms kids that people support them (the kids not T and S). I think that it would be a really wonderful thing for everyone to do. I feel so badly for them.

I've seen it posted previously, and I agree that this reminds me of Zamora/ Graham case. If I remember correctly, he cracked first which I see happening here.
On the video evidence I've seen mentioned, I remember a case where a man was caught setting on fire a car, with victim in it. I wonder if LE has something similar. :(

Hahaha, I have been imaging the things they have said to her. :floorlaugh:

I will never look at mickey mouse the same again! :eek::eek:

everybody sing along!
cue in the music...
"It's a small world after all..."

Hey everyone, I don't talk much, but this one has me riveted.

Can someone tell me when the Disney trip took place?

Also, a shocker I know, but some married men lie about their marital status.

everybody sing along!
cue in the music...

:mickey: :mickey: :scared:

ETA: After this case, when I see anything relating to Disney I will think of the Moorer's :facepalm:

I don't this that the attorney that they appointed to TM was simply random. I believe they generally appoint someone like this based on death penalty trial experience. I believe mr. McCollum that was appointed is one of the better attorneys here in Horry county. I don't know if he has death penalty experience, but I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that if we look that he does.

Just MOO

I know this wasn't your question, but here is a list of murder cases with no bodies.

Through October 29, 2013 (392 trials) (48 states, DC and Virgin Islands)(No cases found in: NH and IDAHO) (Approximately 46 dismissals, mistrials, acquittals or reversals on appeal for conviction rate of approximately 88%) (Approximately 17 death penalty cases)
(91% of cases involve male defendants with 58% of the victims being female)

http://www.nobodycases.com/no_body2.pdf

There's only been 392 no-body trials ever? With 16,000 murders a year...that's a very small %. There is a high conviction rate, which I'm guessing is because prosecutions have to be extremely cautious and confident before they bring a case to trial without a body, so the ones that do make it to that stage, probably have significant evidence that the victim is dead. And only 17 were DP cases, hmmm.

everybody sing along!
cue in the music...

Omg noooooooo ! I am so going to hearbthat in my sleep tonight :floorlaugh:

okay, this may be my late night snarkyness, but I imagined the micky mouse club song, but with it singing out, death penalty. :behindbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member