SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #24 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I too have been racking my brain as to WHY, after a nice date but an upsetting call, she would venture back out into the night to an isolated place. I'm trying to put myself back MANY years... and since she was at the apartment by herself with NO ROOMIE...why venture out again to PTL?

OK... Need to think think think way back to my youth perhaps.....

SMH

Because she really did love him...

Will someone be my drive or die friend? I asked my husband yesterday if he would post bail for me if me and my dog took care of a couple that murdered their not yet 2yr old baby....you know what he had the nerve to say? He said I could go, but the dog had to stay here. That I would end up in jail, but they would kill the dog. Can you believe that? Well I never...humph...ain't got nobody to help me hide a body that's for sure!

Though I know we've seen it before in many cases here. Perp calls a friend, and they help clean up the crime areas, or help with moving the body. I just can't comprehend!

SM must have given her a believable reason why he could not come to her apartment and it may be one of many things we will never know, unless it was via text. So many things we may never know...even if one does talk, it will likely be lies...JMO

Had to make a trip to Charleston yesterday & didn't get back until late so I may have missed allot. I have caught up on the MSM but still don't think that Heather was left at PTL. TM is saying she ran away and I don't think TM is going to take a chance on being proven wrong if Heather washed up. I also think they did some awful things to her that they do not want to be known. IMO Heather will never be found but I hope I am wrong.

agreed. my heart skipped a beat when I was reading that recent murder/missing of the girl in Nova Scotia. A young bright college girl about HRE age very interested in missing native women...
anyway the 2"drifters" who subleased her apartment when she moved in w/her boyfriend are now charged. Apparently they weren't paying the rent..
when she tried to go there to collect past due she apparently was kept by them for 5 days B4 killing. In those 5 days they sent texts to her family saying Hey and to boyfriend asking financial questions about accounts. It took 5 DAYS of back & forth texts w/loved ones B4 she was even reported MISSING.
Maybe the M's meant to scare her & then it went too far??
Those 2 didn't have the same kind of motive either. A woman scorned might be really vindictive.
It breaks my heart to think HRE may have been spirited away & held for some time in order to make it look like she ran away & then dispatched when convenient.
That would mean if pre-planned,no way in heck would you leave a body around from where the car was,unless you might want to make it look like suicide. Even then though,any sort of premeditated actions would mean they had weeks to plan.
I wonder what TM & SM did for Valentines Day?? It would certainly make sense that whatever they did might somehow be related-like the IE charges..just wondering.....

So, just thinking like the potential perp for a minute...

In Disney movies nobody gets killed right? So, there couldn't be a clue in any movies, could there? <okay, now I'm really reaching!!!>

So, looking at this piece by piece. LE has confirmed they think HE drove to PTL. (Ugh, I think of Terrilynn and how they were wrong on where they think she drove, ugh, anyway, let's just assume LE has evidence to prove HE drove to PTL).

Then what? The next thing that has to be determined, and obv LE seems to think so too, is whether HE ever left PTL. They added kidnapping, but that could mean she was just confined against her will at any location, including PTL if I'm not mistaken..

My question is did SM/TM take Heather away from PTL in a car? Was she maybe "marched" into the woods? Did they kill her there and leave her there? Or did they remove her from the location, then kill her, then dispose of her elsewhere?

I've seen in other cases where, after the truth is revealed about what really happened, its something nobody could have even thought of. I find that hard to believe that could be the scenario here, as so many options and theories have been brought to the table, but I still feel like there's something we're missing.

The post above by intoodeep's and the keds lost forever is really bothering me.

Hailey Owens killer put her in one of those big blue storage containers. Did they have a Tool chest? Fishing chest?

Wait a minute---LUGGAGE!!!!!!!!!

Would the M's have weighted her down with rocks? If they didn't have a container, did they tie rocks to her? How? rope? Ducttape?

If she is not in the water, then she has got to be somewhere associated with SM's work, jmo.

I posted some options re: SM and construction, but can't seem to find the posts; they might have been deleted when we were in eggshell mode (not complaining, I understand :) ). I will try to repost (glad we're over that hurdle!).

Remember TM also watched Nancy Grace. So its not like nothing like this has ever entered her subconscious before, meaning awareness of missing persons investigations and disposing of evidence. and being so familiar with the area...

I saw upstream fire was mentioned again. Travis Forbes burned a barrel fire in an alley to dispose of evidence. I reviewed and posted link to fire logs back in thread 1 IIRC--- I was surprised to see how busy the fire departments are out there. Seems there are many fires down there on a given night.

You guys remember the abandoned trailer fires about an hour north, IIRC? I wonder what ever came of that.

I appreciate your questions because I have so many myself.

Will someone be my drive or die friend? I asked my husband yesterday if he would post bail for me if me and my dog took care of a couple that murdered their not yet 2yr old baby....you know what he had the nerve to say? He said I could go, but the dog had to stay here. That I would end up in jail, but they would kill the dog. Can you believe that? Well I never...humph...ain't got nobody to help me hide a body that's for sure!

Though I know we've seen it before in many cases here. Perp calls a friend, and they help clean up the crime areas, or help with moving the body. I just can't comprehend!

O/T Weirdly, we had a strange thing happen in our small town several years ago. My girls were small and they took dance lessons. There was a little girl in my youngest's dance group whose mom seemed awkward and disconnected. They were new in town and had moved from a bordering state because her husband was the manager of a new big box store that had just opened. They were in my sister's Sunday school class and he was trying to help my BIL get a job at his new store. LONG STORY SHORT: Here today, gone tomorrow. They finally caught up with them several states away. They were on the run because his friend had killed his wife in TN and the friend had called this guy to help him hide the body. And he did. They went on the run and even signed the little girl up for dance. Weird, huh? You just never know.

:eek::eek::eek:

I too have been racking my brain as to WHY, after a nice date but an upsetting call, she would venture back out into the night to an isolated place. I'm trying to put myself back MANY years... and since she was at the apartment by herself with NO ROOMIE...why venture out again to PTL?

OK... Need to think think think way back to my youth perhaps.....

SMH

When I was a young woman around Heather's age, while in college I worked weekend evenings at a bar where rock bands played (for real), and did some CRAZY things late at night after work, including driving long distances alone to meet up with friends, and later leaving alone late at night/early in the morning. I thought nothing of it, and was enjoying the feeling of freedom and independence.
If I were Heather and I cared for SM and he called me, I would probably not have seen it as going to a dark, desolate boat dock alone, but it would seem more like I was going there with him, since I was meeting him there, IYKWIM.

Another thing that makes me seriously question the aspect of premeditation by SM is, if he was planning on killing her, why would he be dumb enough to leave a phone trail behind right beforehand...which again, brings to mind the rumored payphone...

Maybe SM and HE took a ride from PTL and had a fight...

Ugh, my head is spinning. I'm going to pop open a beer.

Beer anyone? :drink:

SM must have given her a believable reason why he could not come to her apartment and it may be one of many things we will never know, unless it was via text. So many things we may never know...even if one does talk, it will likely be lies...JMO

Maybe it was Heather that didn't want him to go to her apartment? [modsnip]

OT: Nice outfit Clu, did you buy another new dress today?

Welcome 55 Guests and all new members. Seeing a lot of new faces here. WS is building quite the SC presence, thanks to Heather. Hope you guys stick around and help with other cases as well. :)

:welcome:

…thanks to Heather?:eek:

When I was in my twenties, I was seeing a man about SM's age for a while. I could only see him at odd times, when he flew in and out of town, but would drive and meet him somewhere near the airport with very short notice, often late at night. And even if SM seems "gross" to many of us, I am sure he must have displayed some charm, etc. to interest Heather for more than a day or two. Also, because we only know him as someone who most likely took part in her murder.

JMO

Maybe it was Heather that didn't want him to go to her apartment? If she was (as rumored) attacked by TM she would probably be a bit more cautious about where she met SM.

OT: Nice outfit Clu, did you buy another new dress today?

:blushing:
Do you like it?

Hi everyone! First time poster here and just wanted to add a little bit of knowledge of the river. We keep our boat in a marina south of PTL on the Waccamaw River. Like previous posters have mentioned, the water is almost black -- like undiluted tea. I have never felt really safe boating on the Waccamaw because the current is unbelievably fast moving towards the ocean. When you have the tide coming in (moving up the river) pressing against the natural downward movement of the river flowing towards the ocean, it can cause swells in the water. You have to be on the constant lookout for submerged logs and debris that can damage your boat. There are many recreational boaters out on the river in the summer time, but I just don't feel comfortable out there with our small children. Also, there are many old plantations that line the banks of the Waccamaw and they have canals coming off the water for the old rice field dikes. The banks are full of reeds and cypress tree "knees" (roots) and they have small little creeks jutting into the edges. I would almost describe it as the banks of the river are swampy. When we go out, the dock hands always say to watch out for the logs, alligators and water moccasins. If HE was placed in the water at PTL, she could have easily drifted quickly out to the river. Once you are in the river at PTL, the Waccamaw flows into Winyah Bay in Georgetown then out to the ocean. I don't think she would have just floated into the middle of the river and drifted all the way down. IMO, the likelihood of her being caught up in the swampy sides would be very high. Unless you physically get out of your boat and scoured the sides of the river, it would be virtually impossible for her to be seen. Much of the land along the river is private.

We also have a beach house close by the area and it breaks my heart. Walking my dog and seeing the missing flyers is like a knife in my stomach. Several years ago I went through something similar to this situation and I remember all too well what it is like to search for someone and put flyers up and pray for answers. I know in our situation, LE gathered as much evidence as they could before they made an arrest. It was very frustrating waiting and knowing they had enough evidence for an arrest, but they wanted it to be an ironclad case. LE never revealed publicly what they had until the trial. I have to believe that LE in this case has some solid evidence to make arrests without HE. I'm sure they want convictions as much as anyone.

Keep up the great work everyone!!!

So, just thinking like the potential perp for a minute...

In Disney movies nobody gets killed right? So, there couldn't be a clue in any movies, could there?
okay, now I'm really reaching!!!

First one I can think of is Bambi where Bambi's mother is killed by a hunter in the beginning of the movie. Disney movies aren't always that benign.

IMO, somehow SM convinced Heather he needed her to come out...maybe she even picked him up. If he told her had left his wife (rather than is leaving) he may have said he could not take a vehicle. Either he was in on a set-up or was followed by TM. We may never know the truth about that. But I do not find it strange that she would respond and drive out to meet him or pick him up. JMO

Do you do a "cat dress of the week" or something? If so ... well, that's just awesome.

I appreciate your questions because I have so many myself.

We all have so many questions!

Looking at the main ones:

WHO--allegedly sm / tm killed he
WHAT--
WHERE undetermined, possibly ptl
WHEN dec 18th, early morning hours
WHY jealousy, rage...
HOW undetermined

jmo/brainstorming

Hey All
I went out to PTL today for about an hour and a half with my metal detector to see what I could find. I was specifically looking for HE's keys, phone, watch, or even her ring. All I found was eleven cents. But, I Thank you for all the kind words I received today. I was trying to help and I know there are a bunch of dedicated people helping like I am.
The Tip Tent was working and folks were stopping there - I hope someone said something that will turn this case around.

ps - Truckdriver - Good Post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members