SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #24 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting caught up; my apologies if this has been addressed. The Johnson & Wales in Charlotte (NC) didn't exist until 2002, when the "decision to consolidate its smaller Charleston and Norfolk campuses by building a campus in Charlotte, N.C." I figure, since SM reportedly went to school in Moncks Corner (c/o '95), and lived in Summerville, Charleston would have been the most likely J&W campus for him.

https://www.jwu.edu/content.aspx?id=19928

Thanks! I only knew about the RI campus because it's the largest, and the Charlotte because my nephew went there. I recently heard there's one in Denver, and now found there's one in Miami, too. But, you're right, I'm sure he would have got to the SC campus which I hadn't known about.

just posted, "south Carolina 707"... I took a few screen shots, I'll look again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Sorry I should have read to the end before I asked. I just got a little excited and jumped the gun because I kinda believe in some things of this nature :)

just posted, "south Carolina 707"... I took a few screen shots, I'll look again.

ETA, yeah, that's it. four lane divided by median. I suspect there's a hotel near.

I am with you on this. A WS poster by the name of CharlieJ had posted he was on one of the searches and mentioned one of the items the searchers were told to look for was a cell phone. IIRC, that search was at/around PTL. I can't find his post - only due to my own ineptness.

IMO, TM liked puzzles/mystery and thought she was smarter than everyone else. In her mind, leaving Heather at PTL would have been far too easy for LE and more risky for SM and herself. JMO MOO

I think sonar would've shown a body. I feel certain they'd have checked sonar around PTL right after the disappearance. Maybe that's why they haven't had a dive team out there before now (that we know of).

Not sure if metal detectors would aid in the search for keys/cell phone?

We dropped our keys in water about 6 feet deep in Murrells Inlet a few years back. For anybody that's had their feet in the bottom of a river or marsh in SC lowcountry, you know it's nothing like the bottom at the beach. You sink down in the plough (pluff) mud and it literally sucks you in. I lost a shoe once while clamming in 3 feet of water. Pulled my foot out and the mud sucked it right off my foot. By the time I dumped my apron full of clams and went back to the spot I thought I'd visually marked, half of my grimiest pair of Keds was lost forever.

When we searched for our keys in the Inlet (never found them, by the way - and we knew exactly where they fell) I was amazed by the amount of random junk we did find. Maybe there's so much man-made debris on the bottom a metal detector wouldn't be of use.

I do not think he is guilty of premeditation and if he ever got out I think he could maybe restore his relationship with his parents and children because at some point they'd have to recognize that even though he made some really really poor choices in the end he did what was right (if he were to tell where Heather is and testify against TM).
Will he? Probably not, but I think TM drove a wedge between him and everything he knew before her. She probably perceived those things as threats, even his family. I think with some psychological hard work he could start new.
Who knows JMO

Those IE charges would haunt him in any scenario. If someone was determined he wouldn't get custody of the kids, they could probably succeed. Sadly, it seems like highly contested custody disputes often go the way of the party with the most money, the one who can drag it through the courts until the other goes broke and concedes. JMO

I agree with you, SM could do all you wrote, with an iron backbone, will of steel. Like you wrote ... probably not. He doesn't seem to be the Moorer half with those traits.

LE's dive team MUST have been acting on a tip from somebody.

If neither M gave up information about the water at PTL and they BOTH have first hand knowledge whether there's anything to be found there, then a police dive team like this would be letting the M's attorneys know (and by extension, the M's) that LE doesn't know as much as they've led everyone to believe.

Why would LE take a chance on bolstering the M's confidence unless they were acting on real information?

If I'm arrested and in jail for robbing a bank in Myrtle Beach and I buried the money in Arizona, then I'm gonna start feeling pretty encouraged when I hear that police sent a major task force to block off the road in order to dig up the empty lot beside a bank in MB.

Just for my mental health, did you post this same post last night?? Cause I thought I read this exact post and liked it, because it is really spot on, but now I'm wondering if this is just a deja vu moment:scared:

:floorlaugh:

Those IE charges would haunt him in any scenario. If someone was determined he wouldn't get custody of the kids, they could probably succeed. Sadly, it seems like highly contested custody disputes often go the way of the party with the most money, the one who can drag it through the courts until the other goes broke and concedes. JMO

I agree with you, SM could do all you wrote, with an iron backbone, will of steel. Like you wrote ... probably not. He doesn't seem to be the Moorer half with those traits.

My thought is no matter what type of deal he could be make he won't be out of jail for at least 10 years. All his kids will be adults by then and custody will be moot. At least I would hope he would spend at least 10 years behind bars. (I used 10 because that would get him to the point where custody would be moot)

Just for my mental health, did you post this same post last night?? Cause I thought I read this exact post and liked it, because it is really spot on, but now I'm wondering if this is just a deja vu moment:scared:

:floorlaugh:
I posted in the parking lot, but then realized it has nothing to do with social media. I'm still a little confused about the parking lot. Do we only post there if it's related to social media or something not allowed here? Can some social media references be made here?

Can someone post the link to TM disney blog/picture page? I have googled, and searched but can't find it anywhere! I know it's been posted so many times. My eyes are tired of looking. Thanks!

My thought is no matter what type of deal he could be make he won't be out of jail for at least 10 years. All his kids will be adults by then and custody will be moot. At least I would hope he would spend at least 10 years behind bars. (I used 10 because that would get him to the point where custody would be moot)

Agreed, nothing he does now will grant him any kind of life with his kids before they reach adulthood.

I posted in the parking lot, but then realized it has nothing to do with social media. I'm still a little confused about the parking lot. Do we only post there if it's related to social media or something not allowed here? Can some social media references be made here?

:seeya:I'm not sure about that either :waitasec: I think you're right about what goes down there, but I'm not sure what SM is allowed up here, if any, anymore. Maybe, here, you can link it and send someone there, but downstairs you can discuss it(?)

Either way, I'm glad you brought it up here because it's a valid and important point. (And I'm glad to know I didn't just imagine it).

Had to make a trip to Charleston yesterday & didn't get back until late so I may have missed allot. I have caught up on the MSM but still don't think that Heather was left at PTL. TM is saying she ran away and I don't think TM is going to take a chance on being proven wrong if Heather washed up. I also think they did some awful things to her that they do not want to be known. IMO Heather will never be found but I hope I am wrong.

ETA, yeah, that's it. four lane divided by median. I suspect there's a hotel near.

707 is also Socastee Blvd. The only motel I can think of is a run down Super 8 near the intersection of the 17 bypass. On the corner of 707 and Old 544 aka Old Dick Pond road is an Elementary School and next to that is the High School...could that be what you're picturing as a hotel?

If I were the defense attorney I would be making a big case for a serial killer with all the bodies missing in HC. And just say that anything found of heathers was due to the affair

That would be if you were the type of defense attny who wanted to incriminate SM & TM into serial killers of other cases!

'Cause on this case, LE has them leg over barrell via cell phone logs/texts, video surveillance pics, DNA (hair, blood, saliva, body fluids) & tire imprint analysis, moo! Done deal.

:twocents:

This would need to be discussed in the PL, but did anyone DL all of her FB pages? We might be able to get a good idea from that.

I did a search on Pipl with their known usernames & emails last night and every page I came across had been deleted... even ones like Pinterest, Picasa, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did that yesterday too! Sometimes I forget what page I'm on, bouncing back and forth...

Actually, there was a picture posted of a fire pit with a creepy mickey mouse face in it, I have to search around here to find it , unless someone else recalls where the pic was posted?

There are also these images of the fire pit, I believe they might have been taken at a different time, based on the lighting. They show Mickey in the base.

I am on Tapatalk so I will try to edit to add / quote the post where other WSers noticed it originally (I didn't).

Hope this helps.

edejehup.jpg

ygyzyjez.jpg

ETA:
I found the post (it's from a closed thread, so I couldn't quote it the usual way) :blushing: Click the link to see the image paris_paris posted (I zoomed in & screen grabbed from this link)
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - ACTIVE SEARCH SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #17 **ARREST**

Originally Posted by paris_paris

These are a couple of pics of what Sidney built in the front yard... that's what we're seeing in the overhead shots. Am I tripping or does that fire pit have a charred Mickey Mouse in it? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always thought the same.

I have a term I use all the time when I'm subjected to going someplace where I really don't want to go...

"Forced Fun" :tantrum:

This just reminded me of David Foster Wallace's essay "A supposedly fun thing I'll never do again." Appropriately, it's about going on a cruise.

You can link and paraphrase social media up here, usually. I'm really not sure with this case, though, as most of the SM pages are outrageous and nothing but hurling insults back and forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattooteena