SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #26***ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But that generalization doesn't satisfy every state's kidnapping laws.

I think it satisfies SCs, but I am not the attorney in the family and he currently is not here for me to ask.

whoever shall unlawfully seize, confine, inveigle, decoy, kidnap, abduct or carry away any other person by any means whatsoever without authority of law, except when a minor is seized or taken by his parent, is guilty of a felony and, upon conviction, must be imprisoned for a period not to exceed thirty years unless sentenced for murder as provided in Section 16-3-20.

Which is why I don't understand why they would say the DP is off the table.

If the Moorer's blamed each other in a DP case the jury would be apt not to convict due to the doubt raised on who committed the murder and sending the wrong person to death,imo.

If the Moorer's blamed each other in a DP case the jury would be apt not to convict due to the doubt raised on who committed the murder and sending the wrong person to death,imo.

I don't believe that. The Hayes trial tells me that. They were tried separately..... As these 2 should be.

I met my daughter's class at Socastee High School for a field trip to see Shrek the Musical. I do not normally roam around Socastee, and I am not at all familiar with the area. It was sort of eerie to be there. As I got off of the highway I wondered if I was anywhere close to PTL and then immediately drove up on a sign for PT Road and shortly thereafter, the "tip tent" at River City Cafe. Just down the road at the HS, there was a huge missing banner on the fence of the school, with HEATHER? outlined in large letters in the chain links. I couldn't help but be overly conscientious that I was in Heather's HS. Even though I didn't know her, I feel heavily invested now and it felt surreal to be sitting there in the auditorium of her HS, the same auditorium in which ME's rendition of "Come Home" was recorded during a pageant.

And then all of a sudden, about 20 different characters came out on stage to perform a song and I thought I was going insane. There she was, ME dressed up as Peter Pan as part of the musical. It was surreal. Tonight I double checked the castings to see if it was in fact her, and sure enough, she is listed as a part of the production.

It was uncanny how Heather consumed my thoughts for much of the day and it breaks my heart to think about how exponential this sadness must be for ME and the rest of her family and friends.

Does anyone think it may be the case that they don't want to overcharge one of the M's? We may never know if only one of them actually did the 'deed', unless one of them rolls over. It may not have been both of them? Maybe one was an accessory after the fact? In a lot of these cases lately you hear all of the talking heads saying "the prosecutor overcharged". It possibly could be they don't think they can get a DP conviction w/o a body?

That's what I've thought. But who knows. I guess I'd like to know what they're doing to find her. That isn't clear to me.

I thought this was very interesting:

On the WMBF News Facebook page, news of the murder charges were met with some confusion. Many people wanted to know how a person can be charged with murder if the victim is still missing. A law enforcement official said murder charges can be filed without a body only if investigators have found enough evidence to prove the murder happened, through multiple pieces of evidence.

Horry County Police Chief Saundra Rhodes said police located evidence inside the Moorers' home and on their property during the search Friday that gave them probable cause for the murder charge.

"We had a good amount of evidence and the stuff HCPD found, added to that evidence," said Solicitor Jimmy Richardson.

"We have not located Heather," Chief Rhodes said. "That is something that we are still looking for." Chief Rhodes said the investigation is still ongoing, but evidence located on the property led to the charge of murder.

http://www.fox8live.com/story/24804641/hcpd-couple-to-be-charged-with-murder-of-heather-elvis

Is it my picture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha! I don't know that either, because my margins weren't blown. But, now that you mention it, that was a big (beautiful) picture :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Let me quote it and see if it happens again. :loveyou:

JK.

I don't think so.

I'm wondering if the neighbors video as well as evidence of IE ruled out her vehicle & camper? If both those other vehicles caught on tape I would assume they know which ones used at what hours??
Somehow I don't believe the Disney camper would be spoiled (in TM's mind) by having an enemy like HRE housed in it. She was prolly thinking they'd need to be using their pride & joy for a loong time..
As for her vehicle-maybe if the jeep was hers and SM was going out for a tryst she'd figure her daddys truck was less obvious. I suspect they'd be looking out for SM's vehicle & not Daddys...

I think it satisfies SCs, but I am not the attorney in the family and he currently is not here for me to ask.

whoever shall unlawfully seize, confine, inveigle, decoy, kidnap, abduct or carry away any other person by any means whatsoever without authority of law, except when a minor is seized or taken by his parent, is guilty of a felony and, upon conviction, must be imprisoned for a period not to exceed thirty years unless sentenced for murder as provided in Section 16-3-20.

Confine would be the key word here. :(

I met my daughter's class at Socastee High School for a field trip to see Shrek the Musical. I do not normally roam around Socastee, and I am not at all familiar with the area. It was sort of eerie to be there. As I got off of the highway I wondered if I was anywhere close to PTL and then immediately drove up on a sign for PT Road and shortly thereafter, the "tip tent" at River City Cafe. Just down the road at the HS, there was a huge missing banner on the fence of the school, with HEATHER? outlined in large letters in the chain links. I couldn't help but be overly conscientious that I was in Heather's HS. Even though I didn't know her, I feel heavily invested now and it felt surreal to be sitting there in the auditorium of her HS, the same auditorium in which ME's rendition of "Come Home" was recorded during a pageant.

And then all of a sudden, about 20 different characters came out on stage to perform a song and I thought I was going insane. There she was, ME dressed up as Peter Pan as part of the musical. It was surreal. Tonight I double checked the castings to see if it was in fact her, and sure enough, she is listed as a part of the production.

It was uncanny how Heather consumed my thoughts for much of the day and it breaks my heart to think about how exponential this sadness must be for ME and the rest of her family and friends.

My co-workers daughter is the dragon in that play! It breaks my heart too.....

My co-workers daughter is the dragon in that play! It breaks my heart too.....

Have you see it? It really is excellent. Very, very well done. If your friend's daughter is who I am thinking of, the actual singing head of the dragon, she is beautiful!

Interesting convo downstairs about where the DNA was found by LE... IMO.

Ha! I don't know that either, because my margins weren't blown. But, now that you mention it, that was a big (beautiful) picture :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Let me quote it and see if it happens again.:loveyou: JK.

I think it might be. I posted it using Tapatalk on my phone and just chose best fit when it asked which size option. Then I looked at the web version and the picture did look large but my margins weren't blown (and honestly I'm not sure I know what it would look like if they were). In any event, I went back to edit the image size and the option to edit is no longer there. Sorry guys! I'll do better next time. :/

Have you see it? It really is excellent. Very, very well done. If your friend's daughter is who I am thinking of, the actual singing head of the dragon, she is beautiful!

Yes, that's her!

Yes, what the M's did satisfies SC law according to LE. My only points were that the fundamental issue of detaining a person against their will becomes specific in relation to state kidnapping laws, in order to be considered kidnapping. And I don't think kidnapping ever applies to the deceased, because they have no will to exercise.

I think it might be. I posted it using Tapatalk on my phone and just chose best fit when it asked which size option. Then I looked at the web version and the picture did look large but my margins weren't blown (and honestly I'm not sure I know what it would look like if they were). In any event, I went back to edit the image size and the option to edit is no longer there. Sorry guys! I'll do better next time. :/

:hand: See all that bolded stuff above. I couldn't find an "it all looks like Greek to me emoticon" so this is the best I could do.

:lookingitup: This is the "looking it up emoticon". Cause you lost me at size option and looking at the web version.

Seriously, guys. I downloaded tapatalk on two devices cause I see you all using it so it must be cool. I have no idea what to do with it, it doesn't work at all on my phone. I know it's just me. :truce:

Back to Heather (sorry).

I'm wondering if the neighbors video as well as evidence of IE ruled out her vehicle & camper? If both those other vehicles caught on tape I would assume they know which ones used at what hours??
Somehow I don't believe the Disney camper would be spoiled (in TM's mind) by having an enemy like HRE housed in it. She was prolly thinking they'd need to be using their pride & joy for a loong time..
As for her vehicle-maybe if the jeep was hers and SM was going out for a tryst she'd figure her daddys truck was less obvious. I suspect they'd be looking out for SM's vehicle & not Daddys...

I actually think the Mickey Camper was already tainted in TMs mind. She said back in the fall (sometime between Halloween and Thanksgiving IIRC) that she wanted a new one. When asked why, she was very flippant about it and just said it wasn't right for her (them) anymore. She said she'd keep it for now but wanted a new one. I thought that was strange because of how proud of it she was but it's like she went cold on it overnight. Now I think there is another reason she wanted it gone. JMO.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member