SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #29***ARREST**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My 9 cousins were/are all homeschooled, so I am familiar with it. Clu suggested he may have worked nights. Personally, I am not sure I believed she went with him to work every day. But, that's JMO. Say she did, I think it's more likely they went at night, then during the day. At night, no one else would really be there. During the day, the places would be full. Everyone says on here what liars they are (and I agree), so I am surprised anyone believes it. I feel this may be a tactic of some kind to spin a defense. I don't buy it.

I agree this could've been a ploy/diversion/tactic. If they wanted to plead crazy! I'm sorry but this is nuts. Insanity? Abused? I have no clue to what end they were trying to come to but it seems to me thus far they are appearing as crazy murderous nutjobs. Can one plead she was an alcoholic, depressed, jealous, crazy person and the other plead they were a victim of it like abuse syndrome? There's no defense imo for this crime. It Was a selfish act of narcissistic brutality. I think they are equally at fault and should both share the same fate as the other.

Did anyone else think that the wording of sm's text apology to tm was worded strangely? ..... (I'm sorry for my choice in choosing)? This to me sounds like sm told tm he chose Heather to cheat with for revenge because of her bf or past dalliance.

Exactly, and that's why I use JMO or "I think" when I don't know.

And who knows how many 'young' 20-somethings were asleep that morning.

By 3:30am most people are partied out, imo, but apparently not ptl murderers.

Ok guys, I'm finally caught up... FOR NOW. As I imagined, this thread moved so quickly today that I have literally done nothing (with the exception of a quick dinner break) but read these threads since 6 pm, and it took me until 11 to catch up. Didn't someone say I could learn a few tricks from seasoned sleuths about how to get through these threads quickly? Where are you seasoned sleuths? I could really use some help over here. Help a sista out! :please:

I don't have much speculation to add that hasn't already been discussed by others. So instead... I thought I'd point out the new info that I, personally, find interesting, helpful, or important.

#1: The affair began in June and ended in October - per article from The State

#2: A solicitor told the judge that Heather feared Tammy. That once when SM was making a call to one of the managers at TK, TM took the phone and told the manager that Heather should be fired and called her derogatory names. - per article from The State

#3: After TM heard about the affair, TM handcuffed SM to the bed at night--a condition he agreed to for a six-month probationary period. - per article from The State

#4: TM sent Heather dozens of texts and made dozens of calls to Heather after learning about the affair. - per article from The State

#5: HCPD chief Rhodes indicated their department had been called to the home at least 39 times since the investigation began and she feared there would be violence in the home if the couple were released. She said most calls were related to threats made to them on social media. She further went on to say that TM & SM are a danger to the community... that when they responded to their home, they were often met by an armed SM, and if released, in her opinion, they would have more violent confrontations. - per article from The State and My Horry News

#6: (I know many have been curious to know--myself included--how much, to what extent, and what type of evidence had been disclosed to the attorneys--and I found the answer.) McCollum (TM's attorney) says prosecutors haven't yet released evidence, as will be required during the discovery portion of the case, so most of what he's seen is coming from police reports. - per WMBF

#7: The M's were not only texting friends about buying land/property in another state or posting about it on social media, but were also going so far as to e-mail (what appears to be) a real estate agent/Realtor. - per the picture dated 1/16/14 from Hoppy that states "Do you know if I did a 20000 cash down payment if the owner would finance it... we'd like to offer $75,000 w seller paying closing costs. We leave in the morning to go back to S.C.... did you happen to find anything comparable in the area even if its just land and no house...is the property under contract? Is it free and clear at $86,000?"
Side note -- the M's reported an income of 48K on a loan app in 2013, but they now have $20 grand in cash to use for a down payment on a house?!? SOMETHING STINKS IN SUBURBIA.

#8: Pretty much everything from Hoppy's court commentary--
*SM's attorney stating SM had been upfront with LE... specifically about the IE texts TM sent to Heather of the two of them having coitus (as Sheldon Cooper would say)
*The FBI inspected surveillance tapes of the F150
*The fact that both M's have Florida ID cards
*SM's attorney claiming we would find NO evidence that SM was in the truck or at PTL or any part of this...that what we will find is evidence of an affair with Heather, that there was no motive, and that Sidney liked Heather (I'm sure TM did not like hearing those words come out of SM's attorney's mouth... in front of the entire community... shaming her like that? Oh, the horror!)
*TM's attorney claiming his client believes someone 'spoofed her phone' and stating she wasn't responsible for some of the calls and/or texts made on it... going further to say that someone was pretending to be them. (Comeeeee onnnnn now, Mr. McCollum. With all due respect, is that REALLY the best you've got? The "someone-stole-my-phone-or-gained-access-to-it-with-hacking-software-in-an-attempt-to-frame-me" defense? REALLY? If so, you might want to work on a different angle because no one is buying into that garbage. It would be impossible for someone to 'spoof her phone' AND her FB account AND Sidney's FB account AND the other 431 fake FB accounts.)

That is all.

Oh, just one personal opinion--after watching interviews of both attorneys, I do tend to agree with Hoppy. TM's attorney seems overly confident or maybe he's just trying to hard... it seems to me like he's auditioning for the role of a defense attorney... in a poorly scripted Lifetime movie. I also think SM's attorney truly believes his client is innocent and is truly baffled why anyone would think otherwise. His perception may, or may not, change drastically when all of the evidence is revealed during the discovery phase (depending on how strong the evidence might be). It will be interesting to see if there's a change in his demeanor, for sure.

So SM's lawyer said he had not been shown the evidence, yet also stated that LE has no evidence against SM? That is curious.

ETA okay TM's attorney said they have not seen evidence...but I assume the same would apply to SM's lawyer? JMO

Other than tearful because she wanted to keep moving on, according to the roommate, we don't know what HE's feelings were that night / morning. She was enticed to go there at an hour most people would be fast asleep, even young 20-somethings.

Agree to disagree ... All depends on your habits. I worked years at a bar while getting me and babies out of a BAD situation. I was ( and still am) wide awake at later hours. I met friends and ... Such ... Late because that was my awake time. (Without kids). I have always been a nightowl and don't find this odd at all. Just my thoughts ..

*raises hand*

That was a suspicious person/vehicle at Atalaya Place. There were no gunshots reported.

There were gunshots reported. If you read the cached version of the blotter there were gunshots reported, a foot chase with police, and suspect in custody. Somehow that became just a "suspicious vehicle" in the blotter later on. Weird.

Other than tearful because she wanted to keep moving on, according to the roommate, we don't know what HE's feelings were that night / morning. She was enticed to go there at an hour most people would be fast asleep, even young 20-somethings.

She may have decided it was worth it to go see SM. But I don't think she would go if she feared for her safety. Especially after TM was harrassing and threatening her.

After today, I think their chances of beating the charges are zero. Dang. These people are guilty. Guilty....Guilty. I don't know a jury in the world that would let them go.

Before they hear the evidence and test it against a reasonable doubt standard?

I think the M's did the crime and for that they should pay the highest price the law allows. But I don't want to see a trial and verdict by media and bond hearing.

Agree to disagree ... All depends on your habits. I worked years at a bar while getting me and babies out of a BAD situation. I was ( and still am) wide awake at later hours. I met friends and ... Such ... Late because that was my awake time. (Without kids). I have always been a nightowl and don't find this odd at all. Just my thoughts ..

Understood that's n=1 and not representative of a majority.

She may have decided it was worth it to go see SM. But I don't think she would go if she feared for her safety. Especially after TM was harrassing and threatening her.

I think she must have had feelings for SM still, and also must have been convinced he had left TM, in order to agree to meet on that night (morning) at that time. He must have been very compelling on the phone, IMO.

JMO

I think she must have had feelings for SM still, and also must have been convinced he had left TM, in order to agree to meet on that night (morning) at that time. He must have been very compelling on the phone, IMO.

JMO

Yes and I think that explains her crying talking to her roommate and her calling him repeatedly. She cared, I don't know how much but obviously enough,

Understood that's n=1 and not representative of a majority.

Perhaps .. But I wasn't alone. :) Most cities have a busy night life after "last call". I'm not alone ... :) or n=1. And just because a majority doesn't do something, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I had an abusive and cheating husband ... Majority of us, don't kill the other woman ... Tammy would be the n=1.

I am going with he gave her the story of being kicked out of the house for good and told TM he was leaving for good this time, and so he wanted to talk with Heather and she probably just felt sorry for the fool. He is such a wimp he probably put on the water works for her during the phone call.

Gosh darn it. She came so close to ending that relationship for good and they lured her back and killed her. Grrrrrrrr!!!!

Perhaps .. But I wasn't alone. :) Most cities have a busy night life after "last call". I'm not alone ... :) or n=1. And just because a majority doesn't do something, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I had an abusive and cheating husband ... Majority of us, don't kill the other woman ... Tammy would be the n=1.

I don't party at night anymore but im usually awake and doing things around the house until 3 sometimes 4am. If your body is on a late night schedule its easy to keep that routine.

I am going with he gave her the story of being kicked out of the house for good and told TM he was leaving for good this time, and so he wanted to talk with Heather and she probably just felt sorry for the fool.

Gosh darn it. She came so close to ending that relationship for good and they lured her back and killed her. Grrrrrrrr!!!!

Our hearts overtake our minds especially when we are young and its "our world to conquer".

I don't party at night anymore but im usually awake and doing things around the house until 3 sometimes 4am. If your body is on a late night schedule its easy to keep that routine.

Lol I agree ... Those days are quite a few years behind me, but I was late 20's and the baby of the crowd normally.

I am going with he gave her the story of being kicked out of the house for good and told TM he was leaving for good this time, and so he wanted to talk with Heather and she probably just felt sorry for the fool. He is such a wimp he probably put on the water works for her during the phone call.

The call was only about four minutes, wasn't it? If so, he convinced her pretty quickly.

Does anyone remember a statement about a boat and trailer without lights and asking if anyone had seen one near PTL. I can't remember where I read that. I believe it was about 2 months ago.

It's probable that they have evidence other than a purse or phone that makes them think that Heather was killed at PTL. It could be a lot of things like some kind of DNA, something she dropped, a piece of her clothing, etc. They only said they didn't find anything in the river, but they didn't say they didn't find anything at PTL.

They said they have DNA from the home and property search. But it's still considered circumstantial. So would DNA from PTL be circumstantial, even if they found blood, a dropped personal item, or a piece of clothing. It's understood that she was there. So her DNA or other evidence of her presence doesn't equal murder. It just says that in addition to being there, there are other circumstantial elements that add to the greater circumstantial case being built.

Questions for the group

If SM gas already talked would TMs attorney even know that?

Is it established as fact that TM texted sext pictures to HE? I thought the IE was from SM confessing to having sex with TM in the car but I don't remember anything established as fact TM sent pics.

Why did TMs attorney ask the prosecution to stop revering to TM and SM as them?

Taking all this into consideration as well as being told they didn't speak to each other at the hearing today, Is there trouble in paradise for the M's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member